Why do people fear death? Infinite nothingness sounds chill af...

Why do people fear death? Infinite nothingness sounds chill af. Is it just the thought of not being able to see what the world will become in 10000 years, that's what it is for me. Just depression knowing that I won't get to see the aliens but that's just the luck of being born in 1998, could have been worse. Actually, the fact that I was born in 1998 isn't lucky, it's statistically likely given the exponentially greater increase in population over the past 100 years.

Attached: maxresdefault9.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_rose_by_any_other_name_would_smell_as_sweet
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNANWs2KLj4
youtube.com/watch?v=BRRolKTlF6Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_immortality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: updated-World-Population-Growth-1750-2100.png (3000x2100, 236K)

Death is not infinite nothingness. Space is infinite nothingness. Death is not space.

Death is ceasing to experience in any meaningful way. It's not even an emptiness as it is DEVOID of experience full or empty. It's not even a 0 a positive or a negative, it is N/A, so to speak.

This is why religion exists to help ease you to know you will see everything else for eternity in comfort with everyone else you love. That experience will still continue. Because you are not your body, or even your memories. You are that which you cannot experience. Like the tongue cannot taste the tongue and the eye cannot see the eye. That which can experience is not yourself.

In some ways, your own consciousness is death itself. It is a non-experienceable sensation for it has no tangible or abstract expression. It is the source of all experiences.

The universe is just the tangible, the mind itself is the abstract world, your consciousness is the link betwixt.

People don't fear death. They fear not knowing how they will die and constantly get more depressed as they do nothing to change that.

>Space is infinite nothingness
Incorrect. The gluon field is everywhere. The fact that space exists indicates that there's something in it, there is no such thing as a true vaccuum in nature. Evacuated spaces can be artificially created (hadron collider, etc) but do not naturally occur.

>Space is infinite nothingness
By referring to space you are acknowledging it is something, therefore not nothing.
Pretty sure "infinite nothingness" is a logical falsehood

How is saying that after my death I will experience infinite nothingness? I will forever be in the absence of any state of consciousness.

As if you represent people in general. Fear of pain is actually greater than the actuality of the fear of death.

can you travel through nothing?

Space is neither infinite nor nothingness though.
Try to imagine what it is like to live, be conscious, perceive everything around you, even when you're not really doing anything. Now imagine you ceased to exist out of a sudden. Your mind is gone, your body is dead, your relatives devastated, yet you are unable to perceive anything, every single part of you just vanishes and never reappears, never to be seen or heard of again. First it's your mind, then your body decomposes and there is absolutely no trace of you anymore, you are gone forever as if you never existed. Scary, right?

That's literally what he just said.

Im upset about it because I know we are in a transition period in technology. My biggest fear is that im on my death bed, just moments away from dieing and looking over at the tv and seeing a massive list of announcements (Flying cars, immortality, telepathic brain implants, aliens have landed ect) just before things start to go black.

I have a sneaking suspicion that s what is going to happen. I want sexbots and brain chips NAIO!

JOIN THIS EPIC FUCKING Yea Forums DISCORD RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!

discord.
gg/xwXJWF

Hs

Attached: 1554103862560.jpg (640x640, 139K)

Remeber what it was like before you where born,because that's what it will be like when your dead.

OP, I'd like to argue that there is no such thing as nothing, cause at the thought of implying there is nothing that is infering that there must be an alternative that being something. In our own minds, we can't comprehend nothing because we are always something (a thought).

that only sounds smart. you don't know anything for sure though.

>Death is ceasing to experience in any meaningful way
Any way you could justify? Sounds like an unverifiable claim.

>Consciousness is death in itself
Cogito ergo sum
Also, the rest of that paragraph is meaningless.

>The universe is just the tangible[...].
Could you elaborate? Sounds like an unfounded metaphysical realist position

Relatively speaking, it's mostly empty for as far as we can see and that might be not even 1% of what there actually is... so to include the parts we cannot see as empty, functionally to us, unless we can travel faster than light, it's mostly nothing.

The material in the universe is finite. As far as we know, everything else is infinite.

finite < infinity to the point that anything compared to the infinity is 0, because infinity is abstract. Finite is tangible, which is nothing compared to the intangible, and vice versa. It's like comparing apples to the concept of pi.

Since it is nothing, it cannot be infinite.

Just because something has a name doesn't mean it exists girl-who-likes-me-and-anime

My though is if the big bang happend once could it happen again (idk if it do chill) and if so i can just wait for a while till somewhere a new universe is made and idk fall to a planet or somthing

Define infinite or nothingness. That's what space is. A plant is not space, atoms are not space, gluon fields are not space, it's everything else that nothing exists in. And it outnumbers everything that actually exists.

We use to think that milky way galaxy was the whole universe, no more than 100 years ago. The actual realization that we can't even escape the solar system in a single lifetime is not something the public has fully digested as a species.

>I won't get to see aliens
There's technology now that can extend your life to 500 years while maintaining health of a 25 year old.
Of course it isn't publicly available now, but it's not a conspiracy or secret either. I heard about it on radiolab by NPR.

But it may be in our lifetime, especially if we start to colonize Mars/the moon/space/the ocean and we can support higher populations. (Remember too we'll likely see the singularity in our lifetime which will create massive runaway technological advancement on a scale you can't even imagine. 100 years of advancement per second even. That's slated for 2030-2045)

And because of further advancement we may just even live forever if wed like.

But no yeah seriously I agree death would be fine. It wouldn't even be chill as chill is a thing. Just eternal nothing. I like the idea. I wanna live longer to see more as well, but can't be disappointed if I'm dead.

>Now imagine you ceased to exist out of a sudden
That's the problem there.It seems like infinite nothingness because of the bias of previously existence. It's more like imagine what life was like before you were born. That's what it feels like to die.

But I once was in the state of consciousness and I am now in the state of not being conscious for infinity, even nothingness can have an attached length. I'm experiencing nothingness that doesn't mean there can't be attached values of length of time that I am in that nothingness from an external source (family member, friend). I guess you meant in my own mind, but let's even exclude my family members and friends, let's just say we are living in a simulation therefore you could look that I once was in a state of something and I am no in a state of nothing, therefore now this nothingness could tend off to infinity just as it did before I was born.

That is some 12 year old bullshit

How can it be scary though? It's not even an experience you go through. The only scary part is the moments before the end in the case of say a traumatic death.

But if you're gone you're gone. Who gaf

>Didn't exist before you were born.
>Won't exist after you die.
>Same thing.

>Be you
>"Lol that's stupid."

There's no way to verify the negative. Like saying, your claim that unicorns is unverifiable.

By lack of any conclusive proof is the verification we've been working on for the entire existence of humanity up until this point. Maybe Elon Musk can prove death is actually just the entrance to the next level of this games. Magnets?

Anyways the universe as know it as the natural world as part of our shared reality is from which we derive knowledge. Knowledge being the experiences we can share and compare with others, relatively. Consciousness has the intangible world, filled with just pure experience. Experiences are not directly related to shred reality, as in the natural world.

We cannot differentiate between dreams an reality at times, and the mind recognizes them both as the same. You don't actually see the real world. All your experiences are interpretations from your 5 sense. None of them are true.

So we take the facts and knowledge of these experienced based on what we can shared. Science is the study of the natural world, and for everything else it's math or philosophy or some mixture of the two.

Your dreams are real, but not in the shared reality. Your experiences are true, but not me. You can tell them to me and we might even come to similar conclusions, but that doesn't validate unless we can compare in the shared reality.

This concept isn't as foreign as it use to be now, because of the internet. As the internet is all interpretations of analog into digital which is by definition an expression of reality, but not actually reality, it's like that.

We probably will be able to read minds fully in the future (with technology), and share experiences, but that's a whole nother idea about digital vs. analog signals and whether they're knowledge or experience...obviously.

I'm not saying that naming something evokes it into existence, only that it is a thing. I am saying that to say space (s) is nothingness (Nx), you are saying (Ns) and s refers to something in the domain which cannot be empty.

Anything can be infinite is pretty much an abstract concept. The amount of numbers between .00001 and .00002 is infinite.

I was born in 1985 and I still plan on seeing the world in 10,000 years time.

Within the next 150 years we will be able to undo death itself.

...At the cost of spending your entire fortune, right?

>There is no way to verify the negative
We should thus suspend judgement

Epistemology isn't my thing but your theory of truth seems inconsistent.

You're right! Anything can be infinite. Notice how you say only things can be infinite. The concept applies only to things though

Money will be meaningless in most of the world within 100 years. We produce an AI with half the intelligence of a human in the next 5 years and a general AI with an intelligence limited only to the processing power we can give it. This will be housed in a facility less than 1200 square meters initially with a power equivalent to 2,000 human minds.

I think what they're pointing out as being stupid is the suggestion to remember nonexistence

>Why do people fear death? Infinite nothingness sounds chill af.
It probably is, but Fear is not a rational response. It's a biological drive. We fear death because that is the most evolutionary advantageous way to survive.

I'll give my personal view on death. Like most people, I have an instinct to want to continue existing. An instinct I just can't control. Now, if I think about this beyond an instinctual level, the thought of not existing - even if I can feel neither pain, pleasure, or anything in between - elicits some high-level terror. Yes, there are moments where I temporarily come to terms with it because time would essentially just stop, but I only have those moments because I feel that me dying is really far off. But even then, I know that 10 years, or 60 years from now, the greatest certainty is that it's going to happen. And I'm both afraid and upset that one day, existence, which is the only thing I've known, will come to an end. We say "oh, it's just nothingness", but nobody really knows what that feels like. Yes, you experience nothingness when you're unconscious, but the thing is, you wake up from that eventually. And it just feels like a timeskip. All that time after you're dead will essentially be skipped, but you're not ever waking up from it. I can't perceive that. Nobody truly can. So it's kind of terrifying. Not to mention everything you were will be reduced to zero, forgotten, etc. I don't like that feeling of powerlessness. But that's separate from fear.

This is all assuming we live in a purely material universe. I'd be glad to know that consciousness can travel to an afterlife somehow, but I have no proof for or against it. So that's up in the air and who knows what it would be like if it existed?

Also, on a sidenote. Assuming we live in a purely material universe, imagine that if your body was reassembled with exactly the same atoms and dna, your consciousness would return. Sometimes I imagine that long after the heat death of the universe, by virtue of an incredibly small probability, I get reassembled in some random part of the universe, only to suffer a moment and die immediately again. That's also terrifying.

Attached: 1539480690905.gif (462x326, 197K)

Probably, it's a lot more in depth than what I am describing. That's just talking about the relationship of death and space, not the understanding of the world. A deep enough Grok into the meaning of existence takes more than an hour to explain. Most people don't even understand the basic difference of 'literal' and 'figurative' let alone the difference of the metaphorical concept of infinite and the intangibility of non-experience.

Holistically, to explain anything you have to explain everything, so ya. You damn right it's inconsistent. Epistemology is everything, really. It's how we know, what we know....

>Why do people fear death?
Well because you stop existing. It is not like going to an infinite slumber, it literally is nothing. But to be honest, the idea of eternity of religous people is like hell. Rather would like the sciency future idea of eternity

Our world only applies to things we know. You probably know a lot of things I don't know about. This doesn't mean they don't exist.

i think the death is not bad people are scared of pain and losing contact with someone they love or like this is like a bond idk fuk

People are afraid not knowing exactly what they're going to do on vacation, I think it's pretty natural to be afraid of something having an effect on existence itself. Although nonexistence seems okay and the most rational thing to expect when it comes to death, no one really knows what will happen. Even without imagining alternative outcomes, uncertainty itself evokes fear

Your conclusion des not follow from your premises. For one to attribute a predicate (infinity) to a quantified name (nothingness) you are hereby saying it is something (a quantified name), which defeats the whole idea of nothingness. Therefore, what you are referring to is not nothingness.
A formal logic background would help you greatly in understanding this necessary falsehood

Oh. Yeah

What does 0 mean to you? It's more a placeholder for the lack of thing, than it is an actual thing. When you get to high school your math teacher will talk about it. It's obviously something they don't discuss on the fortnite discords often.

Placeholder for the lack of thing, is not a thing itself. Just like the name of 'nothingness' is not the thing we're actually talking about. Just like you and me have names, we are not those names, and even those names don't even fully express who we are except on the most very very basic and rudimentary exceptions. Read up some shakespeare.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_rose_by_any_other_name_would_smell_as_sweet

But ya, just like Pi is not actually what Pi is, it's just the arbitrary construct that we attribute the infinite and unending string of numbers associated with circles. You've never actually seen Pi. You have no idea what it actually is. You work with the most basic, redacted, reduced concept of what Pi is. Pi is bigger than everything else in the entire known universe. It is infinite.

Space everything else, as a placeholder, for the actual lack of things there is.

>But ya, just like Pi is not actually what Pi is, it's just the arbitrary construct that we attribute the infinite and unending string of numbers associated with circles. You've never actually seen Pi
Not him, but wat? Are you high?

>him
Would you be able to say that "0" is infinite then? It seems pretty finite to me.
Big up on that high school flex

>Money will be meaningless in most of the world within 100 years.

You got me in stitches just reading that sentence.

>Money will be meaningless in most of the world within 100 years
No it won't.
>We produce an AI with half the intelligence of a human in the next 5 years and a general AI with an intelligence limited only to the processing power we can give it
No we won't.

Haha, you're going to die just like everyone else.

So you are high as a kite, after referencing me you responded to the wrong post and completely ignored me

No, this is the basic introduction into the understand of etymology. The abstract world has no limitations. Pi could be called something else, and it would still be the same number. The number itself is unendingly long. No human has or probably ever will witness what Pi actually is, unless we find out it's not an infinite expression.

Immanuel Kant describes the a priori of what we're born with knowing as infinite is a quantity of the 4 that we inherently are born understanding, but never actually physically experience as a representation that not everything that we know is from the imperial world we know.

This is something everyone knows, but not everyone understands. If you ever want to know what's wrong with the world know that the lack of understanding is deeper than just knowledge, but fundamentally is rooted in Epistemology itself. Most people don't know why we know what we know, and don't care to know it in the first place.

It's not that hard, and it actually makes everything else a lot more understandable, but because of this lack of understanding the vocabulary and the fundamentals of these concepts of to be discussed before you can even discuss THE ACTUAL TOPIC.

This should be as basic as the 7 classifications of living things and your multiplication tables.

I'd stop projecting at this point, brah.

Glad you read it though. Anyways, I hope that doesn't take away from my argument and you'll be able to reply to it. I would expect nothing less from a highschooler

Wat the fugg, you stonerheads are flocking here recently en mass. You made a mistake making it clear you are not sobber, accept it.
And yeah, I read it, you have some good ideas, but it is a waste of time to argue with you in your current state

I would hedge my bets with this user out of everyone squabbling here.

I don't know what kind of retarded back and forth this is, but 0 denotes a total lack of things. It is the absence of things. A symbol for a total of no things. user even said as much, I don't know why the next logical leap would entail 0 being infinite.

Zero is neither. Zero is zero. Zero is definite, but infinite is not finite.

0 is not actually a number, but the lack thereof.

In the context of Math, Zero is not equal to infinity because in two dimensional or three dimensional space, zero is the origin point and infinity is its measure.

infinity towards zero can exist from any infinite numbers before or after zero, but it will never reach zero. It can go through zero, but it not actually include it, since infinity is counting all of the numbers, and zero is the lack of a number.

Zero is undefined in math, but defined in the language of math.

It's probably the best example of a non-thing/thing there is. In Fact the number itself came about much later than the other numbers we use. It was a concept from a spiritual expression from a hindu temple, or something like that.

Attached: 1544424968907.jpg (638x479, 126K)

You caught me, I am high because you can't understand me. You cannot define WHAT you lack in understanding, so obviously the burden to explain myself to you is proof that I am on drugs, you trickster.

Now stfu.

And pi also doesn't exists amiright. Thanks that you need only college level maths to know fractual are not only infinite but an infinite number of them exists. Also why division by zero is undefined, because zero is nothing
But you be you and call others highschoolers

>Not him, but wat? Are you high?

Attached: 1552109181608.jpg (430x390, 47K)

I'm one of the idiots from the back and forth, and I was arguing your point. I misspoke in my last post as I don't think i could even say 0 is finite (nor is it infinite mind you). Anyways I was arguing "infinite nothingness" as being illogical

The level of samefaggotry in this thread

The fact is that 0 = 000000000000000 right? So each 0 equals an infinite amount of zeros. You cannot say that for any other number. 1 =/= 11

>tfw you are so far up your ass that you argue with people that you agree with

Attached: 1549204085112.jpg (375x524, 37K)

Except when 0 is being used a placeholder for numbers like 100, obviously. Sorry.

What in the world makes you think you won't be around? There are clues in the bible that maybe quantum mechanics and thermodynamics are for real.

There is a scientific law called the Law of Conservation of Mass, discovered by Antoine Lavoisier in 1785. In its most compact form, it states: matter is neither created nor destroyed. In 1842, Julius Robert Mayer discovered the Law of Conservation of Energy.

I have never met a ghost

Don't think we fear death.. it's how we will die is the big question. Will it be quick and painless. Die in our sleep, Suffer a massive heart attack and watch your family trying to help and you didn't say goodbye theb fade away. Death is inevitable but how many ways you can die think Is the biggest fear for me.

No, usually in highschool you are taught, what PI is and how you can calculate it. That guy prolly really is currently not normal.

Then it wasnt an argument was it? Also, what he said wasn't literally what i said, was it? Have something meaningful to say

infinte nothingness is illogical, because there could be a fininte size to the universe, but this something talked about by Stephen Hawkings tha the universe might be finite in size and still infintely big. Just like the surface of a ball is finite in area but infinitely long to travel on, as it is unending.

This is the understanding of the limitations of infinity. There's actually like 7 different types of infinities. some are bigger some are smallest some are faster some are slower, I don't know the details, it's the highest level of abstract math there is. Even mathematicians hate it. It's about as separate from science as you can get, since science is about the natural world, and infinity is purely imaginary.

Even tho we're are surrounded by nothingness, we've NEVER ACTUALLY SEEN OR EXPERIENCED NOTHINGNESS. We got a name for it, but that's a purely imaginary concept, unrelated to reality. It's like the lack of reality, really, since reality is only about that which is, not that which isn't.

I'm simply hopeful that I won't know I'm dead. I've had enough consciousness, I certainly don't want it to continue after death.

it's more the process and anticipation of death, like minutes before you die you're gonna be so fucked that it probably isn't even registering you're gonna be gone forever soon

The statement that you don't know anything for sure though is pragmatically valueless though. Realistically we've built an understanding of the world around us that we can use to make predictions that are less than random, and this is enough to address the question adequately. We know the mechanisms that are involved in consciousness and we know that those mechanisms are built on a biological foundation which supports it. It's not difficult to see that without the support of that physical structure, our consciousness would not exist.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (246x205, 13K)

Sweet we agree

>I am absolutely sure I am not an egotistical spazz

Well there is all the proof you need

Thank you. Have a nice day, k?

Jesus Christ, the sheer amount of shit you just shoveled out is stupefying.
>And pi also doesn't exists amiright
Who said this.
>Also why division by zero is undefined, because zero is nothing
It's almost as if
>0 denotes a total lack of things
Fuck almighty, get some deduction skills and stop flinging shit blindly.

It is illogical, but the amount of distraction this blind finger-pointing drums up is out of this world.

No. The identity of 0 is 0. Not several 0's. There's nothing to make infinite in 0. 0 is nothing. Not a thing. No things. You cannot make many of no things. 000000000 isn't even an identity you can express correctly- it would become exactly one 0. One identity, one that expresses no things.

>1 =/= 11
>Except when 0 is being used as a placeholder for numbers like 100
>when 0 is being used as a placeholder for numbers
You have just demonstrated the more technical reason why you will never see 0000000 as a number, or why it isn't even really a number other than 0.

This is why we can't have nice things.

>There's actually like 7 different types of infinities
>some are bigger some are smallest some are faster some are slower
Stop.

Yeah but do you need to go and donate money to listen to someone talk every Sunday just to comfort you about death. I would think you don't need to hear that from someone that could be your neighbor. You see these people driving in $100,000 vehicles living in mansions. Like so Jesus would be happy taking money from the people while you ready Bible written by a human. Good thing you brainwashed those kids and scared them that everything they do is considered a sin. Then when they confess they have sex with those kids. How many priests that got charged for underage sex rings. Oh ant those "muslims" blowing up the twin towers killing 3500 plus. Just for Alah. Religion is bullshit . Sorry not sorry

nope

i can see my eyes if i take a selfie dumdum

I never disagreed. To truly explain anything you need to explain everything. I find the limitations more with the actual words we use than anything else. This is why I love english, as no other language is as malleable. It's more about defining words, than the actual concepts to understand the world we are in.

The more words you know the bigger your world is. I use to read the dictionary as a kid, it was weird now that I think about it.

Hey if i open my mouth and say im a Catholic does it make me a Catholic? Hey if i open my mouth and say im not a racist but call the next black person i see a nigger does it make me not a racist? Use your brain kid

Why is it that young adults to middle age folks have more severe death anxiety compared to those past the age of 65, the ones closest to kicking the bucket? How do they get over it?

I think the inverse of 'fear of death' helps illustrate the point better - survival. Life itself is driven by a will to survive and thrive, even as we get older, our health fails and we inch closer towards death, we still have ties within our community that we want to experience and keep alive.

No one wants to die unless they have nothing to live for. Life is filled with so many things worth living for it's easy to see why no one wants to let go of it. Even if it is an inevitability.

Attached: images.jpg (198x255, 5K)

>Infinite nothingness
You think it is this but using logic you will find this isn't what it is.
It's just prison for eternity in a cyclic existence.

The logic is simple. Everything in the universe (disregarding but you can include if you like, different dimensions, realms and plains of existence) is in a state of impermanence, constant flux. Though nothing ever leaves, it just transforms, changes shape. Why would our human consciousness be any different. Why is this 1 only phenomena, human consciousness an exception to the rule?
Is it because some faggot on a Slovakian noodle cooking forum said so or is it because brainlets haven't got the ability to enquire about their state of existence.
There has been multiple mentally powerful people who have exlained the death processes and destinations after. You can inquire their validity yourself.

You may find yourself dead tomorrow but reborn in a hellish existence.
Personally, I want freedom from this and the common simple death isn't actually the way out.

Also because you are a complete brainlet, I will point out to you the obvious that nothing/nothingness is the only phenomena that cannot exist in perception for it is mutually coexistent with its opposite... Something. For nothing to exist there has to be something to create norhings existence. An existential paradox.
A complete flaw in your plan to go into nothingness after death faggot.
You're fucked.

If we have a fraction with a zero denominator then it is at best defined as infinite, at worst, completely undefined. Either way, it cannot be rational as it would contradict the definition of rational number.

also, any number divided by infinity is zero, even zero.

Just as a guess I'd say there's a couple of factors;
>mounting health issues reduce quality of life, an end to suffering can be welcome
>increased exposure to death due to death in social circles
>acceptance of death helps alleviate stress of something inevitable that's just around the corner

Attached: 181115611.jpg (998x1620, 120K)

>pictures is reality
And people blame the liberal media...

>This is why religion exists
Come on faggot, you clearly have never studied or pracriced any of them. You know probably nothing of them and from the obvious fedora smell of your post I bet you know as little as a handful of quotes of Jesus's teachings let alone the other religions.

Go read the tao te ching. Its only 72 stanzas, can be read in 20mins then come back and see how retarded you sound.

fr famalam

>extend your life to 500 years
When googled
>Californian scientists tweaked two genetic pathways in the worm Caenorhabditis elegans to amplify its lifespan. They said the worms lived to the human equivalent of 400 to 500 years

>tested on worms
>npr
nigga

>people blame people making propaganda

Those fools

Just going back to how it was before I was born, and I don't really feel any way about that, the dieing part is not so chill.

you are fucking REEEEEEEEEEEE if you think 98 was an unlucky year to be born in, you should start thinking intricately about how the fucking world spins

The older you get the more you recognize the immovable nature of society, the fruitlessness in being involved, and the importance of carrying on with your own life aside from some dick chopping brats opinion.

In itself it is a form of freedom. Running around with your head cut off trying to decide if everything is mystical or everything is proven by the dfinition of words and science, the only two possibilities that can exist because someone has to be right - is nothing more than a way to exacerbate your depression.

I know more about relgions, than you do about me, so ... there's that. Which religion are you talking about? I know the name of the darkness that is mentioned in the start of the bible 1:1. Did you know there's a name for that? primordial goddess of the salt sea is what it's referencing from the babylon religion that came from chinese cultures.

But tell me more about my lack of understanding that you're projecting on me, I'd love to hear all about it. I know the name and the root of the belief of God, from the cattle worshipers that created him. When moses came down from the summit with the 10 commandments the effigy of god he cast them down into was that of a bull, which is why symbolically God is represented as a unicorn like on the England crest of arms, because of a side profile of the 'mythical' beast that represents god. The old oxen of the times is what the north star was worshiped as the calf leg that even has monuments near the great pyramids that predate them by a 1000 years with scriptures talking about the story of adam and even.

But ya, beyond all of that, I just know about the few stories I learned when I was 5 and never expanding into the Canaanite pantheon of El.

I must be as retarded as you are.

Attached: 1538555174455.jpg (1024x1031, 218K)

Propaganda only works on the idiots...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNANWs2KLj4

Because our strongest drive as an organism is to survive and reproduce. It overrides rational thought for most.

>If we have a fraction with a zero denominator
Then the entire identity of that expression contains an identity like 1, which is not like 0, causing the entire identity to suddenly pertain to the infinite, due to reasons another user has already explained.
>at best defined as infinite
>at worst, completely undefined
It's undefined, therefore it is infinite.

>it cannot be rational
Duh. Why are you talking about rational numbers? How did we get here? Why are we here?

>any number divided by infinity is zero
Because any number divided by 0 is infinite; there is no actual number that can make
>0(x) = 1
and literally any number can make 0 divided by 0 viable
>0(x) = 0

user already explained this. 1 divided by 0 does not have to be a rational number for 0 to be anything resembling a symbol that depicts no things.

It's like 1, but it's not.

why do you think it's undefined

youtube.com/watch?v=BRRolKTlF6Q

no. some people only fear non-existence, which is but one of many accounts of death.

Poor white men :(

Because that infinite nothingness could be infinite torture

>your own consciousness is death itself
yeah but not in the way you describe. anything that you might describe as you is continuously destroyed at every moment by moving into the past and losing consciousness, passing it on to a future you from its perspective. I posit that that's what dying feels like. countless past yous have died uncountable deaths in just this life. reincarnation is a metaphor for this and I posit your final death won't feel any different, apart from any pain that might accompany the event if your body is too broken down.
to live is to die, quite literally.

OP never heard of reincarnation. Retard.

Most people afraid of death are just too dumb to realize they are a fucking worthless normie.
I know this is kinda "Ayn Rand"ish, but if everyone was smart then we would have a utopia of people dedicated to producing a future where death isn't likely.

Yes. Some flowers are yellow, which is one of the many colors flowers can be.

>inb4 this is not e actly as stupid as what you said

Everyone follow this guy, he knows most people are dumb

Idiots are loud and obnoxious, their power should not be underestimated

Reincarnation is fictional too, even if it's real it's practically the same as without it if you retain nothing from the past or future. It's just like the molecules that make up your body are taken from everything around you, and you could replace every single one of those, and you're still you.

There is no proof that a duality of mind and body exist, in fact quite the opposite. We now have defined the entire human genome, brain, and even seen what the brain see in our visual cortex. All of it is accounted for. We are who we are, and not a any more is missing. If there was a ghost controlling are body that went on to posses the next living creature (based on morality criteria that only adhere to humans, ironically) it's about as relevant of which piece of food becomes which cell in your body.

I have not died a single time, since I can still experience in some meaningful way. Any other definition of death is just some obscuration of the truth through obtuse mysticism.

Death is defined only as the lack of experiencing, which coincidentally is the same as what is consciousness is. Both are undefined. One because of lack of capacity, the other because of it being the source from which it comes from.

Ya, but the cure is not more propaganda to manipulate people the other way.

It's better people to know the difference.

im just glad we live in a time where we have food power clean water don't have to hunt and fight animals and shit. life's good

Attached: 1440436734225.gif (450x337, 1.46M)

Hell yeah, you fully misunderstood what I said if you think your quip is relevant. Trying to preempt my response doesn't make you less of a clown either.

>if only I could be smoking a blunt counting my dick warts

>yeah well, you can't come to my birthday party!

I am among scholars

No one said it was.

I am sure you will make them all see the light

>I know the name of the darkness that is mentioned in the start of the bible 1:1
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth
Stfu faggot

>I know the name and the root of the belief of God
Well if ypu did you would know that nobody is allowed to know (or speak) the true name of god for it would put us higher than angels, but we call him yeshwah. Jehovah.
>When moses came down from the summit with the 10 commandments the effigy of god he cast them down into was that of a bull, which is why symbolically God is represented as a unicorn like on the England crest of arms, because of a side profile of the 'mythical' beast that represents god.
They were prayimg to a bull because it is polysemic symbolism of the precession of the equinoxes moving from aries, the first sign (moses ram horn) to taurus, again jesus 2 fish is of moving to pieces.

You know fuck all and are misinformed big time to the point of retardation. You should pick up a bible and read it. Christianity is the easiest of religions to understand and practice, yet you fucked it up. Churches will give you a new living translation bible for free.

You aren't even on the level as something like the tao te ching or the heart sutra. You will never get on the level of understanding the gita or the upanishads
Go read shit like the book of law, satanic grimoire then come back to say their purpose was as the bullshit you.
Absolutely fedora tier brainlet.

>reincarnation is fake, even if its real I can explain it based on experience

Damn.

>he doesnt understand the lord of the rings trilogy, what an idiot.

Serious question is there anywhere on the board anyone has experienced legitimate debate?

Nah bruh, don't make any supernatural claims. No dualities, no literal reincarnations. All I'm saying is that temporal existence necessitates the continuous destruction of your old self. And since there's always a new self to replace it, at least as long as your body is still moving, that kinda like reincarnation, amirite?

>no bruh, youre so stupid. Here listen to my opinion. Also I could be right maybe, just in case I am wrong.

>Reincarnation is fictional too
See

>has experienced legitimate debate?
Yea of course. user tried to exclaim tje pupose of every religion, yet has clearly not even studied, let alone practised even one.
This is how one becomes a fedora. How can one debate a subject without ever researching it.
Im not going to sit here writing shit about thermodynamics or nuclear fission because it isn't a subject I know about or can debate about.
I do know a hell of a lot about religion, existentialism, ontology and metaphysics.

Whoa don't use me to piggyback your argument. Stop trying to sound all enlightened. Not thinking you are acting like a fedora is how you get there.

Now keep in mind you are arguing researching subjects based solely on recorded account. It can be hard to bring these validity with jews changing the calendar, historical events, and even the bible or any publicly available account of any religion anywhere. Now before
>no one would try to obscufate any religion before their own
And
>there is no power to be gained by the indoctrination of civilization

Ask yourself. What will you gain? I am sure you 'know' so much about these intangible things but if thats the case you must realize that you are throwing pearls before swine and your time would be much betfer spent wondering if cloned bananas will rise up and kill us all

I have absolutely no idea as to what transpires after death, and all of your supposedly erudite explanations are worthless. No one knows, present company obviously included.

It's still fun to make guesses tho.

Attached: 1536087864531.gif (200x200, 438K)

Pain, ya dumb fuck

It's the loss of existence, not infinite anything. You don't exist anymore. You don't think, you don't experience.

Watch a bunch of science videos on how the universe will end, and how our sun and planet are on a time table for getting fucked way ahead of that and realized that nothing at all matters. Nothing we could ever accomplish will pudsh back the inevitible cold black end to the universe. Why do we even try? Really struggling to find a reason to not be an hero thanks to knowledge now.

nigga u were more likely to be born any other time in human history. over 108 billion people are already dead.

The science videos were by kusgestat, (in a nutshell, on youtube) super cool and informative, would recommend watching them if you like sciency stuff)

>I came upon my first existential crisis by way of youtube videos

The world is imploding

>Whoa don't use me to piggyback your argument.
You replied to me faggot.
Everything else you said is just pure nonsense. Did you even read your shitpost.

>No one knows,
There are actual methods and teachings of the entire death process and logic as to where ww go after the process, most of which are irrefutable some must be taken on faith.
Google phowa, or mahamudra. Actual death processes

If youre already brutally depressed, no holds barred youtube videos can push you deeper into an existensial crisis. Why does anyone really put up with the hases of living when death is so much easier and final. Its gonna happen at one point or another. Why waste our time and planets resources?

>people talking to me gives me the right to use and insult them
>how come no one talks to me

No there aren't. Quit acting as if /x/ is an irrefutable authority on the real and present.

Death is the death process. Death. Death. Dying.

This

phenomenon not phenomena

The polar ice caps have melted to the point of releasing stored pockets of methane into the atmosphere. If we were to stop all CO2 emissions right now, it would still be too late. It is almost like the world was designed to kill off anything too stupid to live symbiotically with its host. Almost exactly like science about any other living thing proves.

But heaven forbid the earth is just another living entity and everything makes sense in the cosmic scale of the wax and wane, expansion and contraction that ultimately controls every force we are aware of.

Much better anything we cannot explain does not exist. Hypothetically let's say heaven is on earth, there is no after. This kind of revelation would be depressing, but after the shock wore off people would come to realize this is their one shot. More effort would be put into ones actions and consequences, as opposed to believing there is divine fairness for rolling over and showing your belly. People would have a reason to believe in themselves, and what they could accomplish.

>but it sucks here
Freewill
>but the bible says
Nothing that it used to, what a mean trick
>but aethiests
Don't know anything, and felt like banding together with other know nothings.
>well how can you prove
I can't but it makes sense. I do not push it on the rest of you but it sure would be nice if we took more note of some of the ways science compliments religion.

I fear being stuck in a hellish nightmare I won’t be able to wake up from until the synapses stop firing. You ever see tales from the crypt abra cadaver?

>but atheists don't know anything
>I can't prove this but it makes sense
Boy howdy.

>science compliments religion
No.

>uh, no

Top insight

It's not insight, idiot.

You are exactly right

Really?

Never thought it could happen?

I fear being stuck in an elevator

Never thought you were that stupid.

kiss already

>got'em

So if you ever thought having a discussion here was worthwhile, this is who you are talking about metaphysics with

>got'em
Please refer to
for a brief example of why me calling you an idiot is not only appropriate, but subsequently does not disqualify or de-legitimize anything I have to say on aforementioned topic.

Four syllable words, look at you go.

trips don't lie, still u should be stop being faggots it's scaring the children

Maybe you should take the fence post out your butt and have the gonads to have a viewpoint

you two queers posting the equivalent of

>you dumb
>no you dumb

isn't a viewpoint faggot

Syllables, that's it! Five syllables? Wow! Throw me another
>Top insight
while you're at it.

Fuck them.

That's not me, retard.

You being the person who says 'whoa' 50 times around a spooked horse doesn't make you useful.

>the asshole of the internet NEEDS my superior argument breaking abilities

You are more pathetic than the guy who can't stop responding just for something to do. Its called content

OP is an atheist fag. SAGED.

Attached: EPfuckoff6.jpg (1166x753, 95K)

It's called
>go be a faggot somewhere else

who cares, you're all the same when you devolve into this shit flinging back and forth

faggots bringing the thread to an end with the intellectual equivalent of rap music

the least you can do is say WHY the other guy is stupid

>Its called content
maybe if you're a fucking retard who enjoys watching monkeys fling shit at each other

>certainly not on the faggot board

Oh its your internet, I forgot lol

And yet here you are

If you can't tell the difference between literal "No U" posting and someone pointing it out to prevent it or get the argument back on track somehow you're an idiot

>if I am not doing the same thing I called you a faggot for doing then you are dumb

Yeesh

Atheists don't know how reincarnation works. SAGED.

Attached: EPfuckoff8.gif (500x363, 495K)

there's no evidence for reincarnation other than wishful thinking nigger, c'mon

The thread was already dead. I've already said why the other guy is stupid. His first inclination was to decide that
>No
constitutes an insight.

That's fucking retarded. To build upon that with
>all you do is no u
immediately after a vapid
>no u
further cements that retardation. He's fucking stupid. And I didn't say shit about content.

>internet
>board
>implying
Rip-roaring faggot.

That's how that words, you dumb faggot. You're doing something he's not. You're dumb.

>posting for a friend, explaining how doing the exact same dumb thing isn't dumb

Be nice if our own explanations on how we aren't dumb were the only proof required. But as you keep responding, it obviously isnt so

>too late

too late for what? it might have a negative impact on the global population but humans aren't gonna be wiped out. we're in the middle of a mass extinction event for sure and humans'll take a hit but I feel like at 7 or 8 billion we can afford a to be taken down a peg or two

Who cares about any of this. Let's rollerblade.

Attached: EP22.gif (500x220, 468K)

The rink is now open. Start rollerblading, you twats. Throw me the bomb, Batman.

Attached: EP111.jpg (652x433, 59K)

>>posting for a friend
We're censoring ourselves now? I can't call you a dumb faggot of my own merit? I'll be damned.
>Be nice if our own explanations on how we aren't dumb were the only proof required
There are about 4 or 7 posts that act as proof for the level of retarded and self-contradictory your actions were. So it wouldn't "be nice", it'd mean you were demonstrably retarded either way.

You've provided another piece of evidence, anyways.
>if I am not doing the same thing I called you a faggot for doing then you are dumb
>posting for a friend, explaining how doing the exact same dumb thing isn't dumb
Retard.

Now that is just brutal.

Attached: EP168.jpg (853x480, 29K)

The stuff you just said.

yuck

Attached: 1918738498.jpg (275x183, 9K)

That's gotta hurt, but it looks so good.

Attached: EP237.jpg (1920x800, 139K)

Yep you win.

Don't forget to wear a helmet.

Attached: EP47.jpg (1920x1080, 321K)

yeah fuck it. hopefully the best thing to come from it is a greater focus on our ecological impact going forward. it sucks that the people most affected by it are probably the least responsible for it, but that's life.

Her chocolate logs are full of delicious nutritious fruits and veggies. Wash it down with her freshly squeezed lemonade.

Attached: EP12.gif (480x270, 484K)

Are you sure, do you have any more insightful and internally consistent things to say? Any more radical opinions?

Lemonade.

Attached: EP9.gif (400x200, 418K)

jeez dude

s e e t h i n g

Seething with animosity. I love that song.

Attached: EP101.jpg (600x900, 143K)

Attached: 1544511030771.jpg (366x401, 54K)

They will probably start that way, and end up exactly the same. People inherently desire comfort, and will always discover its means prior to its moderation. Currency is evil, but it has to exist to prevent the fall of society being based on the ability of people to be productive.

I just try to imagine I am the lucky generation that gets to be here for the fireworks.

Where is the guy pointing out faggoty posts? Oh right he already wasted his wolf cry on some lukewarm shit.

No chance it was the same person. Tsk.

Did you know Trent Razor invented the word Seething?

Invented?

Can you be more of a, ineffectual, passive-aggressive faggot?

Say it, nigger.

We’re not even gonna be here in 10000 years. The world’s supposed to end in 12 years.

Sure
>projecting

Way to be direct and accurate, you limp-wristed simp.

yeah but people are also capable of long term planning, if the things we do result in a lower quality of life we've got a track record of learning from those mistakes. you can argue that we're not doing enough right now and that might be true, but compared to 20 years ago there's definitely growth. and after something as significant as a mass extinction event it'd be hard not to cement various policies to prevent further fuck-upery.

I just got sick of it, you're not willing to stop taking little snipes at each other so what's the point. You don't care about making any interesting points, you just wanna bash each other, so I just ignore. The only reason I said anything was because your initial points were interesting, but it's just devolved into shit

bait but just for the hell of it

wasn't the 12 year projection just a countdown to bad shit happening, not the world exploding?

Idk all I know is that she’s a complete idiot.

And do you believe that over the course of another 2000 years no wars will be waged, no libraries burned, and no philosophers or priests called heretics in the name censoring knowledge as a form of power the exact same as has occured in our known history?

I do not disagree with you but your point is very idealistic

Thanks for the compliment. I can stop then. I am sorry it gives me a small thril watching people make a fool of themselves while explaining how unfoolish they are.

oh yeah aoc's a tard for sure, but she was just parroting the un's intergovernmental panel on climate change, and as far as i'm aware the people set to suck the tangiest of dicks are people in developing countries because of the impact on agriculture like droughts and desertification and shit like that.

Is that how you operate on a day to day basis? Just, make shit up?

i don't think it's unrealistically idealistic, we've experienced - worldwide - endemic warfare and exploitation ever since the beginning of recorded history, yet we've still managed to figure out how to go from hunter gatherers to developing medicine and sanitation in the industrial age, despite all that.

We are Death.

we do not forgive

we do not forget

expect us

Attached: 1554830519112.jpg (853x937, 168K)

People fear what they do not know, and no one knows what death is from a personal. I believe that is ehy the Cthulu mythos, and perhaps Lovecraftian horror in its entirety is so affective and popular. The difference between the fictitious unknown and death, however, is that we all know it's coming for all of us. It is how we will all begin, and it can be likened to what we were before birth, before conception. We were nothing, and yet, there is no way to understand what being nonexistent is like, yet we know we were. And so the thought of returning to that state is scary, because, with the unknown, comes the "what ifs." Hence, Heaven and Hell, purgatory, endless void, etc.

We figured it out because of that. Those needs were the necessity that drove us to have more advanced means of living.

Are you able to list all the things we didn't figure out in spite of these events? Like how to prevent a mass extinction? Is there no chance this has ever happened before?

Its hard discussing anything like this because it asks someone to believe in something they had not considered and hypothesize, not look at current evidence and work backwards

Why be a brainlet user. Why didn't you just google the subjects I wrote.
By your logic anyone whose heart and breath stops and is resuscitated by CPR and defibs, died then came back, didn't die.
Look, death is an experience, it can be created by methods, ones I have mentioned. I know of a few others, their goal is the same but methods are different.
>phenomenon not phenomena
No user, phenomena. They are seperate words meaning different things. Google is your friend.

Phenomenon

They are the same word, with the same meaning. One is the plural form.

>Why didn't you just google the subjects I wrote
Because I don't need to google something as unsubstantiated as the screed you decided to post.
>By your logic anyone whose heart and breath stops and is resuscitated by CPR and defibs
>died then came back
>didn't die
Not by my logic, genius. I provided nothing in the way of dying not being dying for you to come to that conclusion. You did that yourself by deciding to create a strawman.

You ask people to use Google so much. It's as if don't have an original, sourced thought in your head you can defend.

i don't get what you mean by listing all the things we didn't figure out in spite of these events. i don't see how that relates to the impacts of climate change and our ability to overcome these obstacles. so if you could explain that, that would be great. at least five mass extinctions have occurred before, and as far as preventing mass extinctions, we can work backwards and see what were the factors involved in their extinction. a success story would be the bald eagle. policies came into effect to remove ddt from use and numbers shot back up.

Attached: The+Five+Major+Mass+Extinction+Events.jpg (960x720, 111K)

hmm cause tey hated being unborn

Attached: wallhaven-464055.png (1920x1080, 191K)

I mean you have no idea what was lost. You have no idea how far what we are, is from where we could be. War in majority was the only reason to industrialize and create city-states.

You are using evidence of our failure to "prove" we will get it right this time, having no idea where we failed in order to make this timeline a reality, or if in fact we could have prevented it, and those means were withheld.

>I don't see how our need to fight prevented us from learning to harmonize

You are gonna have to put a little effort into me not thinking you are trolling after this.

i'd agree with
you're asking someone to 'just google' mahamudra, which is a set of teachings based on texts within buddhism, as if a cursory glance on google would cover the minutae of these teachings adequately. as far as phowa well that's just a meditation practice. the problem here is your burdens of proof are less rigorous than the person you're arguing with. essentially, these are just ideas that people have passed down from generation to generation, they're entirely refutable, considering they're untestable. altered states and musings on life after death don't prove anything. but if you're gonna belittle other people for not adopting your beliefs there's little chance you're gonna be willing to listen to someone else's perspective

You know there maybe something there. But fags can't get in sorry OP

Naw, just saying that even if it was real it's functionally the same as if it wasn't.

No, reincarnation is a rebirth. It's like saying that when a cut heals it's like it's reborn. Regeneration and reincarnation is a religious concept. It's not like there's some type of desert lizard reincarnates out in nature or something.

I mean immortality is even a more practical ability in nature.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_immortality

I am looking at myself. Thanks.

>>I don't see how our need to fight prevented us from learning to harmonize

i never actually said that so i'm concerned you're either having trouble following what i'm saying or deliberately strawmanning me. all i said is that we learn from our mistakes, to which you replied "do you believe that over the course of the next 2000 years no wars will be waged, etc", to which i said no, but even with all that, we've still managed to get to where we are so i don't see how wars being waged, libraries burned etc. has any bearing on our development in terms of critical failure.

what i'm asking, is for you to explain what you mean by 'things we didn't figure out in spite of these events', and what bearing that has on our development as a species. are you saying that there can be things outside of our scope of understanding that can impact our development? if that's what you're saying then, yeah sure. but that's a given. there's things we don't know. we keep going nonetheless. it just seems like a non-point, that's why i wanted you to explain it.

what's really cool and probably not as cool as the fiction of reincarnation is the fact that you'll die, your remains will degrade into various elements and then those elements will cycle through the ecosystem and end up in some level of the food chain and then bits and pieces of you will be scattered across the planet among various living and non-living organisms.

I mean, you won't be there to witness that, but it will happen.

I get what you're saying, but just like Earth would not be a planet if it was obliterated into it's separate particles. You can't call a cup, a cup when it's broken to grains of dust. There is a point when something functionally changes that isn't something that happens outside of our minds.

Your cognitive bias mistakes the 7*1027 atoms of a human body to act the same as the single atoms out there because of your limited purview of understanding and reason.

That's already happened.

Your toilet puts more back into the ecosystem then the bit of you that gets washed deep into the soil of the earth to never be seen again...

i don't think it'll be never to be seen again. we're a pretty young species, there will be like some weird lobster creatures that walk upright who get to enjoy my various elements.