How do you cope with not living to your full potential?

How do you cope with not living to your full potential?

Attached: 56268549_1191361341032709_9178612275697680384_n.png (476x476, 222K)

The key is to smoke lots of dope

Alcohol, waiting to die, will probably an hero soon.

>implying you're not living at your biological limit

Downey Robert Jr...

I smoked weed for years, it was my coping mechanism for dealing with this existential dread.
Once I realized that It was moving me in the opposite direction of where I wanted to be in life it was already too late.
I still smoke at times to cope, knowing perfectly well that I wont be able to study those days or even gain any meaningful memories. Smoking in the teenage years made my awful memory even worse and now I am in a position where university goes above my learning capabilities.
Might be individual, but weed has only been trouble.

“Potential” is vague and undefined. I am myself, so whatever I do is all I had the potential to do. There’s no comparison because there is only me.

Im sure I could do better, most people do. I dream of having high IQ every day.

Alcohol helps. 4chins is a nice distraction, but also contributes to the problem.

This is the case for all stoners who start young. Your brain is most active from around age 7 to 24. No offense but it really does make a difference. I work with a kid whos 21 (smoking since probably 13 or 14), he writes at a 6th grade level, but astonishingly enough, he graduated highschool, but im not 100% if bushs "no child left behind" law still ushers people through without grades.

The replies made me realize that I will feel like this until I try my hardest to be my best self. I must go forward until I cant anymore, no excuses.

I don’t know how I’m going to cope. I’m reaching that point right now. Makes me feel like killing myself honestly

It only makes things worse. You need a high IQ and an insane amount of luck for everyone around you not to notice and be overbearing about it. Which is impossible, criticizing others is how some people breathe
Also true

no one can live to full potential though you should strive for it everyone is different dude

Value Brand (tm) Toeny Stahrk

thats interesting though that has some merit how would break that down for a person ? what factors contribute etc ?

I wish I had realized what I was doing back then. I started at 16/17 I think, but I kept the use fairly low.
Until the last few years in which I have smoked 3 days a week or so to distract from my low academic performace. Ironically my coping method worsens my problem. Replies here are starting to put things in perspecive. Thanks

I think I'm feeling the same way.

Need to take some time off

Try killing yourself man, I heard that is one of the best and longest lasting highs around.

Think about offing myself like 80% of the time I'm awake.

Lower what i see as full potential.
I just left a job making 75k/year, full benefits, 401k, stock shares and yearly boneses avg above 10k. I worked an avg of 130-150 hours in a 15 day period, lost all my friends, my gf, and had to get rid of my dog.
I reevaluated life, I now make 11/hr, no benefits, working around 35-50 hours /wk depending on the weather. Still have what i need for bills etc and have a fuckload more time for life.
>tl;dr Life is a fuckload more important than money. Live for you, not the world that demands it.

If that would be the case, then willpower would also be an illusion. You would constantly be at your biological limit. Whenever you start to read a book, or try to learn new subjects it would mean that your brain would have underwent a chemical reaction that made you act not your own will. Therefore you have no control.

Nice trips, and yeah, digging yourself out of a hole doesn't really work. Stop digging and start climbing. But, do as I say, not as I do. I'm sitting here, smoking, completely fucking off all responsibility because I'm a lazy asshole.

The bottom is the only safe place to sit. Yeah everything falls on you but when hasn't it.

What hurts me most is that I feel like I could have tried harder at school. Now I have limited options.
Making 75k a year is beyond my wildest dreams, in my country the average pay is 15k but stuff is still expensive.

I almost feel as If years of gaming has fundementally changed my reward pathways meaning that now I can only focus on short term rewards. Like smoking weed instead of trying to study a new uni subject for a year. Maybe I am looking for a scapegoat for my shortcomings while the only thing at fault is my inability to act.

But yeah, If I found something that I could be good at and enjoy doing, I think I could be happy while still having all the time in the world for self-improvement.

Indeed. It's fucking exhausting pretending to be normal during the work week. At this point, I really only do it so my dogs can have heated beds. I think most people with a modicum of intelligence feel the same way. Life is just a series of distractions while you wait to die unless you have something or someone depending on you. I get out of bed for them.

I feel exactly like this. Thinking like this has led me to think that my existence is worthless unless I can somehow contribute the the evolution of science/human race. But I feel like I am way below the people that actually excel at subjects like those. I was in a relationship for long enough to know that I dont want anyone to rely on me.

That's all schooling and later, employment are. Break things down into short term goals. One more quiz or paycheck is the same as an achievement or (and yes I am dating myself here) DKP. There's always an excuse if you allow it. Turns out channeling out that motivation can be a real pain in the ass though.

Thankfully I was born retarded with a high IQ. I was basically high everyday from 16-21, probably knocked off a couple IQ points but I'm still top of the physics department at my uni and going for a master's at the moment. Still smoke occasionally but mostly it just got boring. I regret it because I probably could've done even better, but eh fuck it.

I guess that I am slowly realizing that I have to a lot of hard work to reach the point where I am happy with myself. Making a list and ticking off goals will definitely help.

Again with the trips, fucking czeched! I don't think anyone really WANTS the responsibility, or maybe it is indeed the short term reward reprogramming we've subjected ourselves to over the years that leads to the aversion. Analysis paralysis is a term I've been trying to apply to life. I can think my way out of doing almost anything, deciding it's a waste, or coming up with so many options I don't fucking do any of them. 99.9% of the population isn't going to contribute anything to the history books, but we can contribute to our own sanity if we simply put on pants for the day and try to accomplish a little something.

what's wrong with ironman

Exactly, make a short term and long term "life list". Think of it as quest achievements, or life points, or whatever triggers your dopaminergic reward system. As long as you're happy wiyh yourself, fuck everyone else. Tick off a box or two on the list and treat yourself to a reward. Prioritize the list and if it helps, assign a reward to the task. You're going to finish the quest, or unlock the achievement if there's a bitching prize. ...fuck, I think it's time for me to do the same. Good luck user, I'm going to go put on some pants.

I accept that nothing extraordinary has happened because I haven't put in effort.
I also keep my regrets and ingots of pride balanced.

Attached: 1552078024353.jpg (720x879, 34K)

After I tried shrooms, weed never felt the same. I used to be a daily smoker from 17 to 20. Weed just has a really dull, congested feel to it that only wastes my time and really hinders my cognitive abilities.

blame society

Smoked from 13 to mid 20's, since retired from a high level finance position. Resumed usage 10 years ago. Graduated with an undergraduate degree with honors. Managed 200 people in the financial markets. Never saw any impact of daily smoking other than it reduced my ridiculous stress levels from working in a high income position where every peer was a fucking asshole trying to take credit for every possible positive outcome.

What is the desire to achieve "full potential"? Does that equate to happiness? Better standard of living? Or just a sense of fulfilling some responsibility to society or maybe, you feel as if you're failing yourself. This is you, telling yourself to go be productive. There are many different ways to achieve that.

its not something you cope with, its your realization you could be doing better than you are.

Normally useless people will drink or smoke pot to get rid of it, but you're supposed to feel that feeling, and your supposed to try harder.

This is exactly me except it extends to every aspect of my life

Attached: 6546542.gif (360x360, 381K)

Its like you have put the innerworkings of my mind into perspective for me.
For me its like a combination of laziness and overthinking that has put me into a position where anything that I achieve is overshadowed and made redundant by my self-hate.
Anything difficult? 100 reasons not to do it if I think long enough.
What sucks is that I cant see clearly through this self deception and make a change.

By realizing that full potential is impossible.

If I have smoked in the last 48 hours I feel as if I have mental fog. Im not as sharp, my memory is worse etc. I think it is subjective/genetic w/e but this is the case for me.

Yeah, I think I have realized that my problem isnt coping with underperforming but underperforming itselt. Funny how a little conversation with strangers over the internet can give new insight into what is problematic with your mind.

Honestly Im thankful that I have been a NEET for 9 months now. I have realized many things about myself and life in general. I have had all the time in the world to think. Hopefully next year I can start university, but for this year I will try to be productive and get myself unstuck from this pattern of underachieving.