Hello

Hello,

I am considering trying psilocybin (shrooms) at some point this summer. I'm in a great headspace, have everything going well for me, but want to expand my consciousness. I have done a good amount of research but can't seem to find solid answers to the following questions so I was hoping Yea Forums could offer some advice:

1. Should you do them alone or with friends? I've heard that it is better to do them alone so that you don't stress about the experiences of others, but also heard that you shouldn't do any psychedelics without a sitter.

2. Should you be indoors or outdoors? I've heard arguments for being in nature but also for being somewhere comfortable where you know you won't be interrupted.

3. How much should you consume to start? I've heard one end say you should start light with 1g, but have also heard you should just go for it and dive in at a flood dose of 5g. Apparently bad trips are caused by people who try to fight it, but when you take a flood dose you have no ability to fight so you have better experiences.

Thanks!

Attached: psilocybe-cubensis-treasure-coast.jpg (653x437, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

New Yea Forums discord join fast:
discord
.gg/J9UW3Yz

Attached: bdb2.jpg (584x587, 173K)

i take psilocybin for spiritual reasons. i always take them alone, sometimes inna woods, sometimes at home. dont try to fight it. they will reveal some truths. you may not be ready to recieve most of them. also be aware that there are no bad trips, just truth you were not ready for.

probably start with an heroic dose

No flood dose. Start slowly. Don't go without a sitter. Be outside or inside, wherever you want. Don't ever be cold.

1. I did them with a friend because that's what the situation was. In retrospect, alone would have been even better, but I'm also very introverted

2. Start indoors. If you're cool and the situation outside is too, go outside. If you like it, stay, but stay within sight of the way back in. Of you don't like it, don't stay. Wherever is comfortable

3. 3.5g. Not a nothing-dose, but not heavy. Standard

i grind them down to ensure better measuring. not all parts of the shroom have the same psilocybin concentration

Fedora cringe

Also: don't exaggerate. Or you start to sound like this guy:

You should start with 5 grams since Cubensis are shitty shrooms.

>1. Should you do them alone or with friends? I've heard that it is better to do them alone so that you don't stress about the experiences of others, but also heard that you shouldn't do any psychedelics without a sitter.
whichever, what matters is whether you have fun. personally I find other people on drugs irritating so I usually do them alone.
>2. Should you be indoors or outdoors? I've heard arguments for being in nature but also for being somewhere comfortable where you know you won't be interrupted.
why not both
>3. How much should you consume to start? I've heard one end say you should start light with 1g, but have also heard you should just go for it and dive in at a flood dose of 5g. Apparently bad trips are caused by people who try to fight it, but when you take a flood dose you have no ability to fight so you have better experiences.
mushroom potency is greatly variable, try 2g if you're not experienced with psychedelic drugs and hit 3.5g if you are. take two weeks between trips and don't do them too often, short term tolerance builds insanely and long term tolerance sucks balls

bluepilled

Fedora wearing redditor cuck detected

I've done mushrooms twice. I got really sick the first time, and excruciatingly sick the second

Everyone else was fine but I was completely wrecked in a bad way. I smoked weed both times to try to even out my stomach, didn't help. Half solid, half tea the second time, suffering

I don't think I can do mushrooms

Attached: 1501823343512.jpg (500x484, 47K)

1.) if you are very comfortable being alone then def alone
2.) outdoors always
3.) depends on the strain some mush is way more powerful than others, but if you're talking about golden caps (most commen and easily grown strain)than i'd eat a couple grams you'll be fine

Mushrooms done with friends will throw off the experience to some degree, hiding the truth that they will allow you to see.

By doing them by yourself, you will be able to FINALLY quiet the over active non-stop thinking mind. The mind that is never truly 'here'

Your friends will keep you grounded in this reality.. and that's not always a good thing if you want to go deep

Attached: _.jpg (500x618, 45K)

>tells someone who has never taken shrooms to take a heroic dose
>you think he's serious

Shrooms cannot physically harm you so it's not that big of a deal for a newbie to take big doses.

You do it with a sitter whos a really good friend so you dont stress about anything you only need one person watching you

:)

Taking mushrooms as a social thing is the wrong way to go.

It's not like alcohol.. it's something that allows you to go into your inner world.

They are sacred and should be treated with respect.

are you retarded?
shrooms can kill you, shrooms actually make you sick, why some people throw up. your brain releases a chemical so you don't throw them up, that chemical release makes you trip. eating upwards of 10 grams can be fatal. shrooms are toxic in large doses.

1. if you have no experience with psychedelics it would be a good idea to have someone that can watch out for you until you have a sense of how your mind will react. what came to me eventually is I know how the trip is going to go. I have some sense of how the mushrooms will effect me and what to expect

2. best to do it in a safe space, starting out, if your begin to get uncomfortable you may be able to sit down somewhere and breathe it out

3. I dont remember the dosages unfortunately if they are completely dry they will weigh less but will have the potency. so be cautious

safety, comfort and care

>sitter
is for babbies unless you're using dangerous drugs and need someone to narc you when you OD. get gud at handling urself

they sell dry.

>shrooms can kill you, shrooms actually make you sick, why some people throw up. your brain releases a chemical so you don't throw them up, that chemical release makes you trip. eating upwards of 10 grams can be fatal. shrooms are toxic in large doses.
this is true for certain poisonous mushrooms that grow in the woods but not for typical psychedelic mushrooms. psilocybin is a very safe drug and no deaths have ever been recorded; the nausea is mostly caused by stomach irritating from eating dead fungus

It's a lot of preference that comes with experience. I prefer indoors and alone. I'd start with 2 grams dry, empty stomach. Then move up when you're ready. My heroic dose changed me overnight and I'm so glad i did it those years ago. If you crucify the ego then ill be with you on the other side. Travel light my friend.

i took 14 grams of mush and literally deathed.

F, stay spooky skelly user

Don't overthink it. Pick a nice day when you have nothing else to do. Eat about 2-3 grams. Enjoy. That's really all of the planning you need.

Do all psychedelic mushrooms only grow outside in September?

Attached: 12325465756.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Don't try picking them up in the wild unless you have experience. Very easy to pick up the wrong ones

If you’re in a good state of mind then it’s no problem to do them alone but personally I wouldn’t eat more than 2 grams.

Have you been able to step out of your over active mind? Have you ever been 'here' without thought?

My guess is that your mind hasn't stopped thinking, and it will never stop until you make a choice to step into the void.

Depends on where you live. If you live in area that actually matters (Northern and Eastern Europe) then yes they start popping in fall.
Don't listen to this cuck
If you live in a non shithole country, there are no poisonous liberty cap look a likes.

Attached: 1546777810022.jpg (500x587, 30K)

Attached: be-still-1.jpg (1920x1016, 991K)

If you need to ask these questions do it alone in the most comfortable space you can imagine and prep the room like you would do it for a 4 year old. Not that you will need it but it will make you feel safer nonetheless.
1-5g? Dry? For a first timer? You fucking insane mate?
You can have those nonthreatening mexicans that can somehow ooze blue psylo and send you straight to ego death with that.

1. Start indoors.
2. A good friend who has experience with it is perfect but even if he's not for the first time you should have a friend with you.

Lel are you retarded or just trying to get user killed ?
Mushrooms don't just pop up nicely formed in the wild. Depending on whether they're young/old/wet/dry, you can easily mix them up

>I have already figured out what to do, I have the drugs, i have no life. By rumor I have managed to discover the most important two rules already. Is there any other way I can sound like I am asking for advice but really be so bleeding boring as to need a board of strangers to help wring every ounce of attention out of taking mushrooms

Little brother did the same thing. Did not take one bit of advive because of how superiorly apathetically cool he is. Did not enjoy himself. If you treat mushrooms like a safe form of shooting up woth a gaggle of your pimple pocked druggie friends, youre gonna have a bad time. Nowadays no one gives two shits and you might share an experience with the person that fucks you if youre lucky.

Inb4 the rest of your friends pretend to take shrooms and record your ass being gay because thats how tight they are

Dont talk about it be about it.

As someone who took shrooms for several months every weekend slowly adding .5g dry every sitting I really can't recommend the trip sitter thing.
Of course if you fucked up it's nice to have one to keep you from doing shit - but most of the times the presence of another person is enough to fuck you up.

You must be extremely low IQ to pick the wrong mushrooms. In Europe there are no deadly species that look similar to magic mushrooms.

Attached: 20181103_121753 - Copy.jpg (1400x1050, 535K)

1. Maybe not a crowd but one or two others don't detract from the experience much.

2. Both. Outdoors is a little bit a must. Taking a walk outside is pretty cool. Take in some nature and enjoy some sunlight.

3. My first time was a full 8th of an ounce. It depends on the rooms you get. Don't fret if you get a cut that's all short skinny and weird looking. That's usually last flush... >As long as you trust the guy you're getting them from. And they are more potent than previous flushes. I did a full 8th of an ounce of that and it was a bit much to handle but luckily that was done during the day and not at night.

>Never start out with wild picked mushrooms. Home grown in a controlled environment is your friend.

>If it becomes too much. Drink a glass of Milk. It won't stop the entire trip but it will stop you from peaking. Which is why it's best not to put them on Pizza.

Attached: 27868127_10155852280821131_7278981777164211966_n.jpg (786x960, 178K)

Fake News... Fuck off. Just don't eat wild picked ones so you know what you're getting.

>What a fucking jackass this guy is.

>Never start out with wild picked mushrooms
Why?

I guess I'm low IQ then... but where I come from, it's not that easy to differentiate. Not many deadly mushrooms, but lots of them can fuck up your liver. You ate the mushrooms in the posted pic ?

LBM... Those three letters should ring a bell for anyone that picks wild mushrooms.

>Faggot

Yes I did and had a good trip.

Cause you don't know what you're getting and you shouldn't trust anyone else to pick them for you.

The only thing I would recommend is to start with a small dose. It will take about 40 minutes to kick in so make sure you resist the urge to take more during that time. Once you've tried a small dose you can determine if the drug is right for you.

Gotta love this place. Thank you

Try these boy

Attached: received_401750353971870.jpg (990x1920, 278K)

I only pick halluciogenic.

I'd still pick the fuck out of them. I've yet to run across them.

Proximity to rivers is your friend. Also, they hide like no fucking tomorrow.

Attached: 20190411_212554.jpg (805x1393, 606K)

1. First time start with some friends who also do it and a sitter. You have no idea how you will respond to if if you haven't tried it before and you do not want to end up in a bad trip alone.

2. Start indoors in a cushend room or something, you can always go outside if you feel comfortable.

3. Its not possible to say how much you would need since some are stronger than others, first time start easy, you can always eat more. Also if you feel like you need more, chocolate can have a positive effect.

For your first time, eat 2g and prepare to giggle a lot. With or without other people is up to you, just don't take a bigger dose if you're hanging out with jackasses

Don’t trip unless you are feeling mentally prepared or you’ll geek

Attached: 2199F3D3-DDEE-4286-BD24-E85DE9FB1B4E.jpg (1440x2560, 816K)

Good eatin

How do you cultivate them ? :0 Pftek or grain ?

Just depends really I’ve done both

Attached: DB39FDFE-AFAF-43F0-B9AD-57AE4B17EA4B.jpg (2560x1440, 892K)

I always fucked up the humidity part. Grain transfer went all well, but fucked up the transfer to hay... gonna try a garden patch with mulch in two weeks. Yours look very good ! Nice work

Good luck user. The slightest thing can throw it off

Attached: AAE0F34A-289B-4E36-8F53-B6927D6D1E0B.jpg (2560x1440, 889K)

Thank you. Gonna follow the instructions more carefully this time. Mold is a bitch...

BE careful doing it outside. Should be okay...

Practice makes perfect

Attached: 961BFC7D-E525-4402-A590-B61E8708FE05.jpg (2560x1440, 896K)

>science of shrooming
I kept growing shrooms on an old CRT monitor (in a box put into a breathing plastic bag) for 2 years - unless you don't shit in it it's very hard to fuck up. At least the normal ones like mexicans.

I would say having a trusted friend is good. But make sure they're good for the experience, I had one friend ruin two separate trips (after which he swore off mushrooms but I digress).

I've found switching scenes helped me. Sometimes I wanted fresh air, then I wanted to curl up on a couch or bed, then I wanted to go stretch my legs, then I wanted to lay beneath a roof... I wanted to switch fairly consistently.
Keep your options open, I'd say.

I'm not good with doses. I just sort of went til I wasn't comfortable and it turned out really good. I had a fantastically better trip with my girlfriend than I did with the one friend, but I also have a few friends I'd love to do shrooms with. Also my brother, I'd love to do shrooms with him too.

For me the most singular important piece of advice I can give is 'keep your options open.' Ending up in a campsite ffffffucked out of your tree and unable to do anything about it... that'll leave you worse for wear, being able to wander down to the park and stare at the clouds and then wander back home did me leagues of good.

I prefer micro dosing shrooms but you should try a larger dose just for the experience. I found it intense but I lower doses make me feel happy and introspective. I prefer lsd

Can't wait for them to grow, I want to take a med/large dose this time.

>an old CRT monitor
Based and /vr/pilled, but please don't stop there-- growing my own has always interested me but I'd never considered doing it in a monitor

I'm looking into some copper based slug barrier right now. If you use the mulch properly, it should work... also, good quality spawn from Austria ;)

I appreciate the concern but I'm confident enough that I won't misidentify lib caps

Just double check to be sure. Cultivation at home is more reliable ;)

weedle dee deed

>want to expand my consciousness
Shrooms are great for opening your eyes and mind
I am going to start with question 3
3- If you have never done them anywhere between 1-3 grams depending on how good they are. If you are nervous to try take 1g , if you are excited to try take 2-3g. 1g will likely only give you a small taste of what is to come but 2-3 will give you the full experience as long as they are not shit. Do not do a "flood dose" without knowing what you are getting in too. 2-3g was always the sweet spot with good mushrooms for me
1- Depends , you are already looking at it as spiritual which it very much is but if your friend only wants to "trip balls" then avoid them. But if you friend is on a spiritual level near you it can enhance the spiritual trip.
2- I prefer to be indoors where it is "safe". I can lock the door turn off the phone and be uninterrupted for the duration. Outdoors at night is spooky lol, and outdoors in the daytime is hard to do really.
I have done shrooms 40-50 times in my teens and early 20's. Now that I am grown up and have kids/responsibilities they scare me , they really will tell/show you things and a lot can be hard to accept sometimes.
My best trips were when I was one on one with someone I could trust , my dad, my best friend or my wife who was only my girlfriend at the time. Never had a sitter , just always did them at a place I knew was safe. They will tell you if you are in the wrong place. Have fun , it is a great experience when done right, some mild paranoia is normal just don't let it take hold and enjoy the ride. Never actually "freaked out" in all the 40-50 times i have done them.
Thanks for reading my blog

It really wasn't in the monitor - I made a nice little grow box I usually kept on my CRT (was a few year ago) because i live in a cold climate and somehow right on top of a running CRT had the perfect temperature to give me 3-5 flushes each.
If you keep the hygine when putting the boy together and infusing it, use a breathable plastic bag to keep the humidity the only thing you can fuck up is the temp. It's rally no science and the saying "shooting like shrooms from the ground" doesn't come from nothing.
I get why many people pretend that it's hard and sciency - but that's just part of the fun for them.

1. Only if they are have experience in it so they can guide you. If you go solo just remember it is only temporary and everything will be fine. Lights and music changes the mood so if things do go they way you like just change the lights/music. Bob Marley is safe and brings you back if you want to calm down.
2. Both are fine. Pick a safe place where no one will interrupt. Patterns are amazing and you will want to be around them to get the most out of it.
3. First time 3 grams dry 30 grams wet (fresh). 5g+ is hero dose and under 3 grams you wont have enough to really show you something good. Dont hero out of the gate because you wont be able to handle it and it will be a mess. 3 grams at first so you see what it is and that you can calm down. 5g+ after you understand that everything is fine and you trust it. It takes trust in it. Like a rollercoaster man... once you are on there is no getting off. If you understand that you will be fine and everything is temporary you will be fine knowing the ride will continue for hours.

The main thing is look for the beauty. Keep calm. Breathe. Lights. Music. Know that you won't sleep on it so be well rested. Make sure the environment is safe and u feel safe. If you need friends to help you feel safe than brings friends you trust.

Just dont flip out and lose your cool. If it happens, just stop, breathe, say "im fine this is temporary lets find the beauty." Dont look in the mirror and dont stare at your body (it warps everything and it is easier to just avoid having your focus on it. It is fine really but just other things are so much better to look at).

1) Personally I would only do it with friends. But yes, there is a point to be made about other people bringing down your trip. Your comment about head-space is vital... pick other like people to do it with. If you have a super paranoid friend, leave them out of it.
2) I prefer outdoors and camping... but that depends on your comfort level with the outdoors. I've had great times indoors as well.
3) I'd start with about 1/16th ounce.

Have a blast man. My friends and I would make a point of camping and tripping at least once a year. It really serves as a great reminder of what is important in life. It's been too long.... but I'm also 44 and with kids and family now.

Wife and I actually took a small dose just hanging out one night with the kids. HOLY SHIT the kids never had that much fun before. We played games and laughed the whole fucking night away. I know it sounds super irresponsible... and probably was... but those kids will probably remember that night as one of the best times ever. They are 8 and 10.

1. This all depends on you. Are you an experienced drug taker? have you done a multitude of drugs for many years, or are you a complete noob who has only smoked weed?
If you are experienced, I would suggest to do it on your own. If you are new, do with 1 close friend.

2. Remember set and setting, you want to be comfortable and feel secure. I would stay at home but it's up to you where you feel secure.
You also need to assess what you are doing it for. If it's just for fun being outside can give you great visuals and feels, if you are trying to expand your mind, spiritual or ego death, you want to meditate and have the inner visuals chase the clear bright white light of bliss so home in your bed would be best.

3. Idk about shrooms only done them once Im an LSD guy. If its your first time, like any drug, be smart take a small dose incase you have bad reactions to it. You dont just sniff a gram of coke in 1 go first time do you. Same for shrooms, dont try to be a hero on your first go. The trick with psychedelics is upping the dose over a long period. Space the trips because you build a tolerance. I think once a season is a good way.

Also if you smoke and/or smoke weed, get it all done before hand, because tripping balls it's hard to get anything done.

pretty much man, thats about it really

>also be aware that there are no bad trips, just truth you were not ready for.
Can you give me some advice user. Firstly what is the spiritual reasons you are doing it for? , see if we have a common bond. Im buddhist/taoist, I do LSD for spiritual reasons too.
My last time I accidentally took a heroic dose I wasn't ready for, now I had a "bad trip" but I wasn't seeing stuff I didn't want to see, I just had some serious heart beating fast as fuck/panic, had to call an amperlamps.
What was happening to me was my inner guru/higher self was trying to get me to die, litterally leave my body. It was trying to get my soul to leave via my left hand (spiritually left is receiving hand, right is giving)
I do not know if this was actually the start of ego death, but I was genuinely scared, didn't want to die.

I could really do with some /adv/ from you or any experienced spiritual psychonaughts in the thread as it has been nearly a year since I tripped because of it, it's my birthday next Friday and I want to trip for my birthday, but im unsure of myself because of this experience.

This is why they suppress the shrooms,well one of the reasons. Its only irresponsible if u take hallucingenic amounts with children. Shrooms are magical for a reason. Microdosing is a whole different albeit way less "crazy,trippy". I don't find u irresponsible at all user. These things open up the mind in ways elitist don't want. This comment made me happy

ITT 123 Mushrooms

Eat 1.75 g to start and 1.75 g when you start to notice things are different, in so many words. Also drink a few cups of OJ or something with vitamin c leading up to your trip. I'd also eat them on an empty stomach, or slam em down with a PB&Sroom sandwich. I like to be somewhere I'm familiar so I can leave my phone, keys, wallet in a place I wont forget. Plus I cant even look at a phone when I'm trippin.. have fun and dont eat too many!!

if you're in a great headspace stick with it. dont bother clouding your mind with mushrooms, wait till your headspace is shit and do them, they will help you work out your problems

The time I yacked from boomers I tripped the hardest I ever have

Wash them down with pepto, helps me alot

How long were you in space?

psychedelics just turn people into insufferable dbags

I did indeed trip, but it was spent cripplingly sick on a bed. Not great

Despite precedent, I'm the kind of fuckwit who will probably give it another shot in the future, and I will keep that in mind

Psychedelics give insufferable dbags confidence to start spouting off about headspaces, the same way an angsty twat won't listen to anyone until the vagina they are with leaves.

Lol yep, pretty damn much

Hello again, OP here. I've read through all of your comments and I really appreciate the wonderful feedback. Here are some additional items for consideration:

1. My life is great but I feel like I'm missing something. I rarely experience emotion anymore and I hear great things about mushrooms (and ayahuasca). I'm doing this for spiritual reasons.

2. Since someone mentioned it, I am very experienced with weed. This leads into:

3. I've smoked Salvia 4 times and have always had weird, but enjoyable experiences. Are the two similar in any way? Am I in for something completely different?

Thank you all!

As someone who does them semi regularly i can say people have a tendency to overthink the shit outta shrooms, which then causes them to have a bad time.
They really aren't a big deal at all, just do a little bit at a time (say 1g) every 45 min or so until you're in a good place. these days me and a few buddies might have 1-2gs occasionally while drinking, not enough to trip out but enough for a happy drunk high.

1. Despite what the spiritualists say - just because some had some life altering shit happened to them it doesn't have to happen to you.
Do it if you are interested in the experience not as life therapy substitute.

2. If you want to know something about yourself getting stoned alone and forcing you to think about yourself might be the better option.
The thing is, we all are a little bit more cringy then we want to - weed helps to accept the cringyness - but it can be hard to keep yourself focused.

3. No - they aren't similar. They both give you a trip, but the nature of those trips is completely different. The emotional component of salvia (if you aren't prone to fear attacks) is much, much, muuuuuch less.
All this is from my personal experience and might differ from what you are able to achieve.