What is it about diablo 3 that's just no fun?

What is it about diablo 3 that's just no fun?

I played the shit out of all 3 games, diablo 2 was by far the best, but why is diablo 3 no fun? I can't put my finger on it. Probably the total lack of trading, right? I guess it would be pretty fun if you had 3 friends to play with for hours every day and you could trade that way.

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Not got many hours into it. Missed that grimy, dark feel of D2.

Lack of engaging/challenging content?
You just run g rifts until your mind is numb.

>progression is shit (rifts, paragon levels etc)
>no trading in a loot game
>emphasis on weapon damage
>seasonal sets that give like 3000% extra damage to a certain playstyle. Fuck off this season if you want to play another build.
>Technically it has PvP but lol

Its the part about how the way you play your character is very gear specific. You HAVE to maximize to move into higher torment levels and that forces you to play characters according to whatever rng gear has dropped for you. Not a whole lot of opportunity to play differently and the entire game is rather linear to begin with.

Isn't that what diablo 2 was?
well a dungeon crawler is going to be linear.

>fan of D2
>isn't playing Path of Exile instead of D3

how are you this retarded?

Attached: 1461493300559.jpg (672x712, 66K)

for me the no go from beginning was:

no 8 player online gaming
auction house was ok, no need to remove. yes, some will make a living out of your game and now they cant.
also all the fun that trading brings

I'd like to see blizz turn it into an mmorpg. Thatd be badass.

it hasnt got enough niggers to kill
go play path of exile instead

It's just a whole nother thing. Gotta relearn a decade of new things...I don't really even like RPGs so I'm like why bother.
The way I heard it, it was going to be an MMO, heaven vs hell, but then blizzard scrapped the whole project because it "wasn't fun"

I think the real reason (and why d3 falls short) is because they don't want to abandon the free money well that is World of Warcraft.

As others said, D3 lost the dark.
Diablo requires that 2D isometric view to be able to nail the dark art style.
Once you bring in 3D and color your game becomes Warcraft 3
Great, but not scary or real. It's more like watching a cartoon.

Maybe unpopular opinion but Statcraft suffered the same fate.
SC2 was great but 3D art style made everything feel like a hard plastic. No units felt or looked dirty and metallic. Nothing felt entirely real. It doesn't have real consequences. Those marines aren't dying. Just their cartoon units are disappearing.

That is the same as D3. Fun. Great coop. But it won't have that feeling of true terror and realism because it looks fake.

Same reason roller coaster 2 is immortal and 3D roller coaster tycoon 3 is forgettable.

Diablo II is my favorite game of all time.

Diablo 3 sucked because it was made by a bunch of fat feminist women and beta males. ActiBlizz wanted to "port" the WoW audience to SC2 and D3. it's just a big cash in. literally a fucking League of Legends simulator. it's just dogshit. so hilarious when ppl act like D3 or SC2 are "good" they're mediocre.

I really like sc2 as an esport. Never really played the original tho. Shit is so tiring.

Sc2 is an amazing masterpiece yes. But I guess it went too arcade.
They brought the wow audience over to SC and Diablo as user said.

Sc1 felt so real. These aliens were really out there in the SC world. Felt like we were watching a movie. You do the campaign and are afraid to walk away from base in case some zerglings are on patrol.
The music was ingrained into the experience.

I remember having this fear of the zerg.
Same as of the butcher in Diablo 1.

Sc2 feels like playing a march of call of duty.
The surroundings and tone and music aren't important. Just gameplay.

checkd.
/thread

I think that might be an age thing. You were more susceptible to story lines when you were a kid playing sc1.

I am really looking forward to the custom games of war3:reforged.

>people who create games are right leaning
>white makes
>people who own game companies are right
>leaning white makes.
>lawmakers in charge of gaming laws,
>implementers of loot boxes etc are
>right leaning white makes.

Make sure you are PC and blame anyone other the people responsible.
Games suck because of profit motive not sjw

>These faggots aren't playing Path of Exile?
the fuq?

>ActiBlizz wanted to "port" the WoW audience to SC2 and D3.
I heavily suspected this when nuBlizzard announced Uniques wont be in the game and Legendaries would take their place. And when I played the game blind, the gem socketing flat out confirmed it. "am i really fucking socketing intelligence gems in a diablo game?" Fuck Jay Wilson or whatever his fucking fag name is.

It's the realism of it. Sc2 graphics look like it was all made out of the same polymer.
The mountains and tanks and zerg are just this hard plastic formed into different colors.
It doesn't look like metal.
It doesn't look dirty.
It doesn't look lived in.
Doesn't feel like you can touch it.

Same as Diablo 3.

I do concede the age thing accounts for some %.

>blame white ppl hurr durr
dude... he called D3 a league of legends simulator and you took his post seriously?
>lol
The problem he was implying was that it turned into a soft baby-level of easy game.

White and Asian men (and some decent female artists) are the sole reason gaming is any good whatsoever. Get over it.

>ruin the game for the 3 fat feminists who'll port over from WoW
>progress

there was a profit motive in 1998 too. didn't have to dumb anything down- and wouldn't you know it, Starcraft+Brood War are some of the most popular and best selling games of all time.

and ya ActiBlizz is staffed by fat feminists and s o y boys now. figure it out. basically every tech office is now staffed by non-masculine men and women who hate masculinity. no crap it wasn't going to be a real, true grimdark fantasy game.

Don't feed the trolls.

you got older