How do you guys deal with the fact that every year you're getting older...

How do you guys deal with the fact that every year you're getting older? I just turned 28 years old and it finally hit me that I'm not gonna be young forever, and that eventually I'm gonna start looking old and what not. It makes me fucking depressed.

Attached: sad_pepe__feels_bad_man__vector_by_hirussai-d8uq43y.png (917x871, 139K)

Perform a ritual lol

maybe that's why people have kids user. To live vicariously through them.

Lol kids, I can't even get laid. That's a whole other issue.

Old fag here. 47 yes old. Yes you will look old but not necessarily be old. I am basically a 20 year old trapped in a 47 year old decaying body. Stay strong, you have a lot of good years in you.

This absolutely terrifies me to my core. I think about it every day.

you're gonna die.

Attached: skele3.gif (450x247, 1.93M)

I'm not attractive now that I'm young, so it's not going to be a big difference

just turned 19. i deal with the same shit.

You will be more attractive than you think.

I hope to God that someone invents and spreads anti-aging technology before I die.

Even if it's invented, it would never be spread to the general population, only the super-rich would have access, nice trips though.

Take solace in the fact that everyone shares the same fate... It is what it is and I'm going to make the best of whatever situation. 22

67 here! True oldfag. Don't spend another second worrying about it. By the time you are 95 you'll be saying: "Thank God I'll be dead soon."

I respectfully disagree. Even if for the first few decades, it is only available to the rich, the manufacturers are going to streamline the process to make it less costly until it would be more profitable to mass-market it than cater to a small pool of consumers.

I run backwards.

I'm 26 and it hurts to know im running out of time to do the kinds of things you can only get away with in your 20s. I'm not even a party animal, but youthful joy is slipping away. I feel like I lost an entire year grieving.

Grieving what?

cope

How old do you feel?

TBH, idgaf

Unless the rich decide for whatever silly reason that it seperates them from poor people. Then of course it wont happen in some predictable little model of how all future predictions work

My best friend died in may of last year. I spent the 9 months before then just taking care of him as he was diagnosed with cancer and if I didn't he would have been stuck in a nursing home alone.

Oh, I wasn't referring to the price of production at all.

Death used to scare me, but I came to realization that SOMETHING has got to happen after you die, like maybe you're not gone forever. Not alive but not dead.

That's some dark shit man.

It's not like the average middle-class person is going to have access to anti-aging technology overnight, the process will be more gradual.
As the technology improves, people will progressively need to be less and less rich to afford it.
Also, the assumption that the Rich will keep the technology to themselves for elitism's sake is based on the assumption that every rich person everywhere will make exactly the same conclusion.

It's been rough. Our lives were really tied together so I lost a LOT. We had a whole business together and now it's all just gone. I miss him, and my office, and how awesome life used to be when we were kicking ass and traveling the world making money and fighting ghosts and whatnot. In my spare time I could afford to make my own movies and such and go on big adventures. Now I'm just struggling to find stability that doesn't make me want to kill myself.

Attached: sad (6).jpg (781x552, 64K)

Things'll change after death, people don't get it but old people are almost nonexistent so old age is just a slide

>Thank God I'll be dead soon

Honestly, after seeing how my great grandparents went, I don't blame anyone for having that attitude at age 80+

Also, 22 here

27 yo here, I know how you feel, user, but it's mainly because I'm not living my age, I failed at my career, spent all my money on hookers and alcohol, have no stable relationship...fuck, I should have a family by now, I'm living with my parents again, no future in sight

How can you cope?

What career and how did it happen?

Well we all know rich people never keep things for themselves. Just look at elons space shit blowing up left and right

The problem with the Rich maintaining a monopoly on immortality is that you'd need EVERY rich person to agree to do that and not try to spread that technology.
Decent people become rich people too, just look at how many donate to charity and shit.

You've got a ways to go user. Just accept it though. I'm turning 49 in a few weeks — practically dead — and I can't tell you where the last ten years went. It's exactly like the lyric in Pink Floyd's 'Time':
>"... And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run. You've missed the starting gun."

Or one rich person to buy the technology and charge 800 a pill, something that never happens

There is zero incentive to keep that kind of technology from the middle class though. Any company that sells anti-aging products, that actually work, would make billions overnight.

It's more profitable to mass-produce and sell cheap than to specialize and sell to a small market.

Really? It wouldnt completely overturn medicine and destroy pharmaceutical companies, change work ethic and mangle generational calculations for interest rates, property values, and other such lifetime based economies?

Wow then why does that ever happen with anything? How come we arent logic engines zooming around in flying cars?

How much anti-aging change any of that? It just makes you not look like an old piece of shit, that's it.

We don't have the technology to do that yet. It's not that it exists and rich people are keeping it from us though.

if you're a man, women find you more attractive as you get older. Just start some conversation and make sure to flirt after a certain period of time.

women give shitloads of awkward responses so be prepared to ignore those; women aren't as good at socializing as people think

They only find you attractive if you have your shit together though, otherwise being old hurts you

the best strategy for companies is to get products to market as soon as possible in order to lower the cost of production/fund the operations.

the real problems come in when greedy capitalists try keep prices so high that it chokes off innovation.

idk though, capitalism isn't supposed to do what i just mentioned but my base level, but thorough, understanding of economics says that that should happen. Problem is that it would be difficult to prove because... nevermind, i'll stop there unless someone cares to hear more

Really? I thought it was exactly like that with the steel and oil industries buying any patent for alternative means of transportation that is invented.

Why would they do that? Wouldnt it be easier to mass market blah blah blah and more profitable to yakkety yak?

Or does profitable mean nothing and maintaining systems of control the main focus?

I had a brief freak out about being old when I was 27. Today, at 44, I find that freak out retroactively very embarrassing.

My thirties were a lot better than my twenties. I had money, a wife, felt like I was really kind of getting my s*** together for the first time. My forties have been a mixed bag. Not all good, but certainly not all bad. I've also had kids, which while nothing resembling a fountain of youth, have certainly given me a place to focus my efforts.

Dying young is stupid. Getting older is inevitable. Do it right, and the opportunities and experiences available to you will continue to increase. Worth trying.

Well, a lot of males look hot in their 40-50ths. So if you take care of yourself.

Enjoy it quit being a pussy and take care of yourself cant stop fate

What's it like knowing that 3/4 of your life are already over?