Anyone care to explain how iron man can fly...

anyone care to explain how iron man can fly? his suit is not an air foil so will not generate lift when moving through air and his thrust is all horizontally directed, he doesn't use vertical thrusters to counteract the downward force of gravity. i am watching avengers with my gf now and she is telling me to shut up about it but i know i am right.

Attached: spacex-iron-man-costume-spacesuit-astronaut.jpg (888x583, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qrg.northwestern.edu/projects/vss/docs/propulsion/1-could-this-work-on-earth.html
youtu.be/EpYKwiiOxyU
nasa.gov/centers/glenn/technology/Ion_Propulsion1.html
youtu.be/3RlbqOl_4NA
youtu.be/EDj9ZZQY2kA
youtu.be/1ruFixSu0wA
alfed.org.uk/files/Fact sheets/11-aluminium-and-fire.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There is a green man whose pants never rip and you're thinking about this??

she was like ohhh iron man durr. then i told her this is bullshit and he can not fly. now she's being a bitch about it

Because Marvel Jew Science

Attached: Absolutely+kosher+_05a1076e5c01fe86c1fd3de560cd3d4a.jpg (200x196, 7K)

He move fast so he don't fall

There doesn't need to be lift to counteract gravity if the thrust is strong enough. As long as the thrust is strong enough, and he's flying at an angle thats atleast a bit above horizontal, he'll be able to stay in the air from the thrust alone.

She doesn't now fuck all about aerodynamics. What an idiot.

If you give a rock enough thrust, it’ll fly m8

Wtf are you talking about OP? His method is the same as any fighter jet..

true but you would see his hands angled properly to give him a sufficient vertical component of acceleration. i don't see that.

fighter jets use air foils, angle of attack, and thrust. iron man has no air foil

Hie thrust vector has a vertical component

uh no. it's mostly if not totally horizontal because it looks cool would be my guess.

Cannonballs aren’t airfoils either, dipshit. Now that she knows what a dildo you are, I give it 2 weeks more at most.

dumbfuck. dumbfuck! cannonballs follow *ballistic* trajectories. do you think iron man as he's maneuvering around the world in a single flight is following a ballistic trajectory? learn science idiot

But Gravity isn't real.

And the earth is flat

This has to be bait

only to stupid people. you think the way he flies is realistic? it's not scientifically valid

I'll take "vectors" for $100, Alex.

He has jets in his feet how arent you getting this. You think rockets have airfoils?

Lol good God you're all fucking retards in here.

Let this be a lesson to you underage fags in here to stay in school or you'll be in your thirties arguing about concepts of physics you don't even understand.

Exactly, it's nice to meet a fellow scholar.

There's literally a dude who collected magic rocks and killed half of every living thing in the universe. Let's talk about that instead

Anything can create lift. Even a bowling ball if you spin it.

Cause it looks cool.

I have to agree with this.spongebob told me the same story so I believe it

Attached: 1553079680648.jpg (922x640, 61K)

How does a radioactive spider give powers?

Attached: 46f.jpg (680x507, 38K)

>the secret to ufos is spinning bowling balls

This idiot

yes, I can explain. People use computer effects to make it look like he's flying.

the feet jets at best point horizontally. seriously you understand human anatomy? lie flat like you're iron man and tell me how the normal vector to your heels point. most likely downward! because he has his toes pointed in such a way as to make it look good like his body from head to toes are vertical. they do this for aesthetics not for scientific rigor.

If spun inside your mom then yes

>body from head to toes are *horizontal* my bad

Superman originally couldn't fly, just jump really, really far. It evolved into flying over time.

Thor can't fly, he throws his hammer so hard it pulls him along behind it.

I'm actually less concerned about the physics of Ironman, comparatively speaking. If you accept all the other techno bullshit, yeah, he generates enough thrust in his foot rockets to fly like a missile and maneuvers with the thrusters in his hands. Good enough for me.

She means O this guy pic related gets her pussy wet. You should thank him and fuck her sopping wet pussy hard. God Bless the IRON MAN.

Attached: i seen it all go down in granada.jpg (640x480, 30K)

Attached: 15380496.jpg (480x480, 39K)

This is why tournament getting laid tonight

that's just pure magic or whatever right? there are no magic stones to compare against it's just fiction. flying though is well studied and the way they show iron man fly is totally inaccurate

this picture wasn't taken when he was in marvel movies i can tell you that. he's like 50 as iron man

becaus he flies faster than the gravty and doesnt afraid of anything but hes not fastr than sanic the hedgheg

search youtube for 'flying like iron man'. a bunch of people have done it already.

wut? thanks for taking this seriously.

Still hot as fuck though chicks dig older guys. Also study up on Plasma propulsion.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 11K)

huh? plasma propulsion for*interstellar* travel? now how does that explain flight through a fluid?

This F-15 landed just fine with only one wing.

Attached: 570ba5ba910584cc008bbd81-1334-863.png (1334x863, 146K)

And Iron Man circa 2008, is a man in a mechanized suit, a mechanized suit that can withstand the force of an entire armored vehicle impacting him at high speeds, a mechanized suit filled with miniaturized technology, including what amounts to a fusion reactor. A miniaturized fusion reactor built in a cave, with a box of scraps, powering all kinds of improbable technology packed into a suit of armor the size of a man. Including technology that allows him to vent energy in the form of a high-powered stream of unspecified particles, a "beam" of energy.

And none of this kills him.

But you're concerned with how he flies.

Attached: images.jpg (260x194, 12K)

He's basically a rocket. Except he has palm thrusters to stabilize himself...?

The real question is how many days until your gf breaks up with you.

You must be great at parties.

Fucking gnomes

Hey moron, there is a reason these aren't used in terrestrial vehicles. They put off jack squat for force when compared to their mass and take forever to speed up.

qrg.northwestern.edu/projects/vss/docs/propulsion/1-could-this-work-on-earth.html

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Attached: IEC.jpg (847x384, 70K)

HIS heels are located INSIDE of iron mans boots which have been designed for flight

Stop, he's right.

You're not getting off the ground with an ion thruster. That's not what they're for.

The amount of autism ITT is off the charts
As one user pointed out, Bobby Downie gets her wet and it’s an official movie so hurr everything was thought out so don’t you dare insulting what i like because i trust that they know what they’re doing
Or some shit

>be OP
>literally autistic
>watches sci fi movie full of bullshit
>obsess over one particular detail that really doesn't matter
The hardest thing to believe is that you have a gf, why do you lie on the internet?

i was never invited to a party

Attached: Look_at_the_scale_and_imagine_that_strapped_to_your_hand.png (990x409, 161K)

youtu.be/EpYKwiiOxyU

Im sure it works something like this

He's got the right idea

Attached: rocketpropulsion.jpg (480x322, 124K)

The trade-off for the high top speeds of ion thrusters is low thrust (or low acceleration). Current ion thrusters can provide only 0.5 newtons (or 0.1 pounds) of thrust, which is equivalent to the force you would feel by holding 10 U.S. quarters in your hand.

nasa.gov/centers/glenn/technology/Ion_Propulsion1.html

Trust me, I'd love for it to be that simple, but it sure as hell isn't. I'm still holding out for giant robots to be used as serious options. One can always dream.

in iron man 3 the individual pieces of armor all have thrusters and aerodynamics to fly from tennessee to wherever the fuck he was when he was tied up. he even asked the dudes what's the distance from nashville to wherever he was and it was hundreds of miles. do how is every single piece of his armor have sufficient space and low weight to contain thrusters and have aerodynamic properties to fly efficiently hundreds of miles and be lightweight enough and have small enough form factor to make an armor he can wear. it's total fucking bullshit and i am right and if you watch this and you don't wonder about it, you're kind of dumb

Does ice melting also blow your mind?

Attached: 48FDBED9-4687-4219-99D1-52901DC6310F.jpg (1892x1745, 389K)

yeah because i want to know how real things work

Get this faggot shit out of here. We're having serious discussions about how the FUCK iron man flies.

Attached: 1531365114653.gif (600x600, 1.66M)

just hide it that's what i do

>i want to know how real things work
Do you? Really? You want to know how real things work? Like pieces of Tony Stark's armor flying from Nashville? That kind of real?

>ice melting blows your mind
Here's how this works. Ice melts. Ice melts all the time. The average person knows that ice melts, knows why ice melts, and genuinely does not fail to expect that the ice in their glass will melt. You, on the other hand, are fascinated that something as mundane, as commonsense, and as expected as melting, happens to ice.

Attached: 1526287422572.gif (256x192, 1.59M)

youtu.be/3RlbqOl_4NA

forget it. this board is full of dummies. i'm out of here

youtu.be/EDj9ZZQY2kA

Get the fuck out.

Lol nerd

Rockets are not airfoils and with the help of a little aerodynamics and a lot of thrust they can escape earths gravity or deliver a nuclear payload into your back yard

youtu.be/1ruFixSu0wA

he flies horizontally at great distances with no obvious upward thrust or aerodynamic means of lift! are you stupid?

Just like dragon ball z

Not only is he a fucking idiot to his girlfriend he's not even straight

Underrated be amuse he got BTFO by the community he stereotypes.

You're not right. You don't need an air foil to fly because he generates lift with pure thrust. His arc reactor in his chest is supposedly a huge power supply capable of generating thrust easily necessary to lift his weight. He overcomes gravity simply by directing the thrust opposite the direction he needs to go. Once at speed, small adjustments in his forward trajectory are what keep him airborn similar to rockets which are themselves not air foils but more like bullets with symmetrical air foils to change trajectory. If you were right, bullets wouldn't fly through the air. They hit the ground because they lose momentum because of the friction of the air slowing them. Tony doesn't have that issue because he has as much thrust as he wants Thanks to his fictional power source.

Do you think missiles use their fins for lift? Lmao

Not by itself no...BUT the intense heat generated by the burning aluminum absolutely can.

>Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.
-Grant Morrison

get rekt op

Doesn't matter. The man inside the suit would die from the impact of the strikes he takes in the movies and the g-forces would have obliterated him during his flight scenes.

alfed.org.uk/files/Fact sheets/11-aluminium-and-fire.pdf

Kys

I think actually the suit might be designed for that. What keeps people in airplanes from being obliterated?

They don't get hit by fucking explosives and giant mechs

Holy shit op is definitely going to walk in on his precious girlfriend getting fucked in the ass by a black guy

That's it, I've found the biggest moron. Alright everyone, abandon thread it's been jacked by turd for brains.

Attached: 523321cb-fe3e-4c27-a415-01b900e1f912.jpg (800x718, 64K)

It’s just a movie he is not real

I hope you obliterate your kneecaps down a flight of stairs because inertia can't hurt you.

Attached: 1551806602969.gif (300x136, 104K)

They slow the plane as much as possible. The crumpling aluminum adsorbs lots of energy so there is no brick-wall effect... unless you slam straight down or into a building, etc.

omfg. please take a physics course once in your life.

Attached: fa6.png (800x600, 82K)

>if you dont question faries, talking rodents, and demon pollution monsters while watching fern gully youre kind of dumb

I always thought those were demons coming out the back of running vehicles, I sure did.

Jeez louise I was being sarcastic easy lads

His repulsers are a ionized one way push system. His boots produce most of the force lift while the hands keep him balanced. They push off anything down to a microscopic scale. Like tiny rocket platforms all over the air.

Attached: 1548532206839.jpg (350x500, 24K)

His suit somehow protects him from it. In civil war War Machine lost power and as Rhody fell to the ground he passed out from the fall before he hit the ground

> someone passes out from free fall
how many g's do you think he felt that made him pass out? why don't you divers pass out from falling?

Im pretty sure both rose and jack could have used the floating door, maybe taken turns. Like it wasnt only ten minutes after the ship sank that all the lifeboats came back around for survivors, what a bitch

Near, far, whereEVERRRR YOU AREEEE

the fuck you even talking about? it's not equivalent. that movie is from 20 years ago and based on a true story. avengers is fake shit supposedly based on reality but isn't very realistic

I assume the engine right under the reactor in his chest produces vertical thrust.

Avengers is based on a true story. You dont remember that time the guy with wings on his head and a giant hammer in his hand dropped from the sky?

She's being a "bitch" about it because you're being a faggot.

Retard.

Aerospace engineer here, he probably flys due to highly advanced and powerful thrust vectoring and an insane control system. Just like the MOKV project, he can change direction.

that's pretty harsh. i'm just to encourage critical thinking

someone pointed out the chest unit which i guess is the answer for most of the vertical component. i forgot about that one

because it's body creates more lift than both wings.

>Durr hurr hurr I think I'm smartt
thanks for the laugh, OP

I mean it does check out, plus he could use angle his hands to get a lift component

Attached: IMG_8426.jpg (750x1334, 61K)

if the center repulsor creates vertical lift when he is flying chest pointed towards the ground how does he do sustained flight while inverted or on his side? how does this explain how the 500 pieces of his suit can individually fly from nashville to miami?

>fictional characters
>muh joos

Attached: jew.jpg (306x304, 21K)

It has to be facing the ground to create lift. Look at VTOL thrust vectoring.
As far as indivual parts flying, each part would need to have indivual control systems, a main thrust source, and miniature thrusters to control its path, which is completely insane.

Harnessed farts

'Nuf said

Attached: Stan_Lee_1975.jpg (573x667, 118K)

I think the better question is how he can hurt Thor, thanos and hulk with his suits when these dudes absolutely destroy everyone else in marvel comics. I don't care how smart and intuitive stark is, brains can't beat galactic brawn. just think about it: a suit made of nano tech hurting someone who is a literal god by using rockets to propel his punches, like c'mon. Batman has a case since everyone in dc has a weakness to something that can be found but no one in marvel has such a weakness. every time I see stark winning a fight against one of those 3 (and if they ever make a movie with other marvel tanks), I just lose my collective shit

Uh, how about improper 'choreography'?

The same way he smash into stuff and don't die from the negative G force created.

when I saw that fight between him and Thor in the first avengers movie, I kept saying "how is he still alive?" because he was fighting an actual god. idc if he's marvel's poster boy, this nigga should've been dead after the first hit with that hammer