Ask me anything about Christianity

Ask me anything about Christianity.

Attached: Christianity.jpg (960x720, 27K)

no

Did Jesus masturbate?

How does a convicted child killer get to go to heaven by confessing faith in Jesus and I burn in hell for being a good man who doesn’t believe in the supernatural?

What’s your take on the seven seals in Revelation and the correlation between the Beast with Nero?

What do you think of Lactantius ?

If Jesus was a Jew why don’t the Jews consider him to be the messiah?

No way to know. We don't even know of He experienced lust, but arguably He did. Possibly, He masturbated.

>How does a convicted child killer get to go to heaven by confessing faith in Jesus and I burn in hell for being a good man who doesn’t believe in the supernatural?
Original Christianity had nobody damned to hell permanently, that's why they called it the "good news". Knowing there's a chance of spending eternity being tortured is hardly good news.

Do you think it's true?

>Lactantius
I don't know enough about him to have a worthy opinion.

>If Jesus was a Jew why don’t the Jews consider him to be the messiah?
The Jews who did converted. There are many Jews who convert from Judaism to Christianity. In the times of Christ, Jews expected a Messiah, different types of Jews expected different types of Messiahs, but most expected some kind of leader who would save them from Romans.

No.

A good, theologically studied Christian would be able to explain to me their take on the seven seals. So try please.

Okay

So he wasn’t a good enough messiah?

A guy here (a bishop or whatever) said, that it was better in the old communist era, because the people of the church wasn't allowed to molest children. But now the number of the cases increased, and he blamed it on the liberals. Would it be forgiven if I seek him and punch him in the face?

Attached: angry-homo-kid.png (435x308, 133K)

how can jesus be the son of a god that doesn’t exist?

Coded message to surviving Christian groups under the reign of violence of some Roman emperor who got code-named 616 (not 666, the number of the "beast"). Coded much like the French to the English during WW2, stuff that makes zero sense if you don't have the key.

If you see it from the Christian point of view, He was the best Messiah one could hope for.

If we did have a creator or 'God', why would he want us to submit to him?

I'm serious, I'm not demeaning Abrahamic religion, I've just never bought into praising a being I cannot prove exists. And even if we all had concrete proof of their existence, demanding that his 'children' blindly praise & follow him and chaste themselves from purposely made vices which they created seems not Worthy of worship.

Attached: kisspng-ukraine-ukrainians-khokhol-russia-bmw-fantomas-5b38153a442358.1887421015304021062791.jpg (900x600, 129K)

>Would it be forgiven if I seek him and punch him in the face?
Yes. Even Christ Himself got angry and fucked shit up.

I suppose you could give me a convincing reason from which i should believe God exists. Baseless hopes and claims need not apply.

>how can jesus be the son of a god that doesn’t exist?
That's a dumb question, as it carries its own negation. You get a second chance, though.

>how can X exist is X needs Y to exist and Y doesn't exist?

But the Christian point of view is what I’m questioning. Convince me he was THE messiah.

It was in fact 666 and it is 666 due to the Greek letters for Nero numerologically forming 666.

Nero was the “contemporary” example of the Beast, the Beast being any nation that tries to eliminate religion in place of allegiance to the nation and marks them, which happened during the Napoleonic era as well with penal tattoos etc, coinage with the faces of idols and men, etc.

>If we did have a creator or 'God', why would he want us to submit to him?
Indeed. In the Bible, it makes more sense when there are other deities around with their own worshippers and these deities are treated as existing just as much as God.

>I suppose you could give me a convincing reason from which i should believe God exists
I can't. At least nothing beyond Deism.

>But the Christian point of view is what I’m questioning. Convince me he was THE messiah.
I could convince you perhaps, but why should I? I don't think Christianity is correct on a lot of things.

If god created everything who created god?

This sounds retarded. Also, the real number was 616, look it up.

Thank you. U proved my point.

>If god created everything who created god?
God is defined as the uncreated, precisely. The universe, not having existed from eternity, was created at some point, and requires and uncreated agent to create itself, that's where the concept of God comes in. If you think everything that exists needs a pre-existing thing that also didn't always exist, you'll get trapped into a forever trap comparable to "turtles all the way down!" problems.

What point did I prove? I merely gave you my own opinion.

Hey OP, I've heard it a lot and I've even read it.
Is it true that Christians aren't actually allowed to eat pork? I heard that it's written in the old testament and don't catholics follow those rules(assuming that you're not evangelic) ?

jesus was a man who existed
god has never existed
ergo jesus had another daddy

Why does God allow evil to exist?

I'd like to see the proof that god doesn't exist

That Christianity is wrong about a lot of things. So if there’s wrong things about Christianity in the Bible why should I believe any of it?

What does it say women drank to abort their unwanted pregnancies in the Bible? Bitter water? Bitter drink?

So you can recognize paradise when you find it.

You’re the fucking retard.
“Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus,” the heretical account that the number is 616, is a GREEK text written in 450 AD, as in, way past when the book of Revelations was written which was about 81-90 AD during the reign of Emperor Domitian.

YOU look it up.

Rules related to eating in the Old Testament were discarded by the New Testament, specifically by Paul, who explained that it wasn't what entered your mouth that made you evil, but what came out of it.

That means, if you eat shit, you can still be a good man, but if you talk shit, then that will impact the state of your soul.

The burden of proof is on the one making the extraordinary claims. So ball is in your court

>jesus was a man who existed
Even that much is arguable.

Imagine a possible world where God actually impregnates a human woman, there'd be no operationalised experiment we could devise to discover its truth.

You didn't answer my question. Why would a supreme all-knowing being want me to worship him and abstain from life styles which bring me joy in when partook in moderation? The way God is represented in all Abrahamic scripture is that of a hormone fuelled teenage boy hell-bent on proving they have power.

Attached: 1554506414159.gif (230x175, 1.94M)

Yeah that’s why it’s horse shit

>Why does God allow evil to exist?
So that living has a cost, so that everyone gets tested, so that you may choose on which side of suffering you want to be, so that we can grow and learn. So that life makes sense.

What we call evil isn't much, if anything. Suffering is an alarm, people acting evil are often just dumb people, people with mental illnesses, etc. There may not even be anything evil at all.

>That Christianity is wrong about a lot of things. So if there’s wrong things about Christianity in the Bible why should I believe any of it?
I didn't prove your point by merely sharing an opinion with you. You act as though I was asking you to change your mind about Christianity.

i’m sure you would

The extraordinary is contradictory to itself, things coming from abeoginesis, or things coming from nothing, or things coming from physical "coincidences"... ALL are extraordinary, and NOT proven, so... you, with your extraordinary proof that god doesn't exist, must have some insight ?

Understandable, have a good day

Attached: 1553879748595.gif (564x566, 691K)

>What does it say women drank to abort their unwanted pregnancies in the Bible?
I don't actually know, link me.

>is a GREEK text written in 450 AD,
Most of the New Testament was written in Greek also, and also many years after Christ's death. I don't see your point.

Oh ok. So why are u on this notably sinful website if your not trying to change minds?

Your God created evil...what a dick

Whats your take on irresistible grace?

The Book of Revelation is the book of the New Testament that refers to the Beast. The Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus is much newer than John’s original writing of the Beast, and it diverges from the original.

Hahahahahaha. Atheists will admit they don’t know how things happened and how the world was created. Christians claim to know.

Attached: 2B7D94BB-201D-40B5-9A68-054F5830A1D7.png (350x350, 21K)

What happen to Jesus brother Joseph?

>You didn't answer my question.
Except I did. I gave you perspective and context as to why God in the OT would ask for submission.

>Why would a supreme all-knowing being want me to worship him and abstain from life styles which bring me joy in when partook in moderation?
That's a different question. It's about making you value Him by making Him "expensive", so to speak. You are less likely to give up on Him if He cost you a lot of pleasure and happiness; a happier, nicer God could be given up on more easily. Such is human nature.

More rationally, that's why you can't prove anything about it.

>Oh ok. So why are u on this notably sinful website if your not trying to change minds?
To answer questions about Christianity. I'm here for educational purposes.

>Your God created evil...what a dick
My God? What's my God?

How did Noah in a time period where males lived to be MABYE 30 years old live to be 600? And started building a massive sea worthy ship when he was 500?

It kind of makes sense, but i still have hard time to wrap my head around that.

>so that you may choose on which side of suffering you want to be
Elaborate. Is t here ever the reason to pick the receiving side?

>So that life makes sense.
I thought that's kinda the point of Jesus, is it not?

>What we call evil isn't much, if anything
Since we're talking about Christianity, there is very concrete personification of evil, that certainly exists. (At least as certainly as everything else from that mythology.)

because reality is a game between god and the devil to determine over time whether humans with free will are innately evil or good.

Hes hands off for 10k years

Lol I’m sure you are

Attached: 1554212707348.jpg (750x744, 97K)

Romans had a plant that could cause miscarriages. Its gone extinct but there is evidence of it.

>if you eat shit, you can still be a good man, but if you talk shit, then that will impact the state of your soul.
I've never heard anyone to put it so eloquently.

Attached: 1399548148640.gif (768x820, 34K)

>I'm here for educational purposes.
Are you trying to educate us, or yourself?

>irresistible grace
Mind trick. It's essentially a raping of logic and a just world fallacy of sorts.

Convicted child killers like everyone else will be judged on the day of judgement.

The difference between them and you is if they accept Christ they have an advocate say like a court appointed attorney.

You choose to go alone with nothing. It's not guaranteed you will burn in hell but what is guaranteed is every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.

Attached: 1551225758170.png (500x417, 120K)

How important is Christianity to you?

How picky do you think the god is regarding which version of Christianity a person follows?

If you think the Christian god exists, do you think that god cares about which of his world religions you follow?

Christians don't automatically claim to know. Most Christians are rational people who don't discard scientific discoveries, by far.

I don't know.

Bullshit. Most think fucking Trump is a real good dude. Mother fucker lies about everything yet they hold him up as some sort of example.

Submission & costing myself pleasure & happiness is not God's will.

Showing our Creator love and more importantly respect is not blindly following institutionalized religion, but rather pursing what we want to experience out of this life as long as it doesn't come at the cost of ourselves or others. Being honest to yourself is being honest to god. Showing yourself love & respect is ultimately showing god love & respect as your his child are you not? Devotion and faith should be aimed at which can be proved, not which is the tales and fables of men long ago. Christianity is a huge middle finger to God.

All of the Bible, Talmud, and Quran is heresy. Enjoy living by rules placed upon you by other people.

Attached: 1551479378378.gif (350x197, 1.6M)

Jews and Muslims live under the law if they don't follow it to the letter they will be cast out. Christians are under grace so are the Jews and Muslims they just don't understand it.

See, you're just an arrogant child shaking a rattle, thinking he discovered music... You assume a lot of things about me in this "memery" and "trolling"... But you forget that the true question of things, if god does, or doesn't exist. Where's your proof ?

Read up on "Don't immanentize the eschaton"-philosophy

>where males lived to be MABYE 30 years old live to be 600?
These stats are averages, which means people usually either died very early on, or lived to be roughly what anyone today would, and not that people only lived to be 30. Don't be fooled by averages, they aren't robust measures of central tendency.

Also don't read Genesis literally, it wasn't intended to be read as an account.

>Elaborate. Is t here ever the reason to pick the receiving side?
That's not what I meant. By side, I meant, you choose how you react to suffering, not whether you receive it or cause it.

>Are you trying to educate us, or yourself?
You, but I'm already learning new things from the interaction, so both of us, ultimately.

>You choose to go alone with nothing. It's not guaranteed you will burn in hell but what is guaranteed is every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.
You speak like a hateful loon. And we both know what God thinks of hateful loons.

>How important is Christianity to you?
It used to be a lot to me.

>How picky do you think the god is regarding which version of Christianity a person follows?
If there is a good and loving God, He will focus on your intentions first and foremost.

>If you think the Christian god exists, do you think that god cares about which of his world religions you follow?
See the above.

Stop assuming that the reasons I gave are reasons I believe in...

You should study and find out. What happen to his brother James?

I think that advice applies to the entire book

Attached: 402FF727-A75C-421F-8E71-11EA472CDE5B.jpg (700x836, 73K)

Why do you believe in a Middle Eastern death cult that erased the natural religions of Europe and the Americas?

>You should study and find out.
Why would I? What could such information possibly bring me?

Philippians 2:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 John 2:1 King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

The sad thing here is that you're making a fool of yourself, as the Bible indeed contains fiction, but anyone learned already knows this. There are poems in the Bible, that were never intended to be taken as "real accounts". The Book of Job, for instance, is like Dante's Divine Comedy: it has God as a character, but everyone reading it and the people who wrote it, intended God as a character in there, not as a "true story" sort of tale. Such ignorance is depressing.

Why do you ask loaded questions instead of real ones? Why do you parrot terms overused by others? Why do you think demeaning and strawmanning are efficient ways to debate ideas?

Why do you think I'm Christian, you turd?

I see you're Christian, let me cancel your faith in divine inspiration:

4 gospels
4 different sets of "Christ's last words"
evidence that the Bible is not the word of God

You're welcome.

I’m making a fool of myself? Hahahahaha that’s the first time I’ve ever heard the Bible was a comedy book!! But I will say that explains a lot!

Calm down, you're making yourself look like an idiot. The Divine Comedy doesn't mean it's funny, you unlearned fucktard. Nobody read Genesis as a real story back in the day. People knew the meaning of stories, and Jews discussed it a whole damn lot and the literal reading was not the main view by far.

Now get real and stop acting like a scared fedora fuck.

Serious non-troll question. Do you believe that Jesus is also God? I believe that Jesus did exist but that he was only a man who died a long time ago. I believe that God is not Jesus.

Cancel my faith IMPOSSIBLE you heathen.

Attached: 1548618006634.jpg (236x235, 18K)

I have no proof of non existence. Makes sense right? But u say he does exist. I can prove everything else that exists is here and exists. So prove god exists. And if u can’t I’ll assume he doesn’t. Sounds logical right?

Why are Christians obsessed with religion OP?

I don't know and I gave up on trying to know. I only hope, if there is a God, that He saw that I did my best and still do, but cannot delude myself into knowing that which I know not.

Major keks at that pic.

Now you're twisting my words, I never said he existed... Try and read what I write instead of putting words in my mouth

Because they have mental illnesses which they prefer to wrongly deal with as religion. It helps them not feel weird, it makes sure they don't have to face their actual inner demons, and it makes them feel like they're part of a global effort, and like good people.

Mental illness is the fuel of such religious behaviour, sadly.

U don’t anything about me. Your saying exactly what the Bible meme said. Then your saying I’m uneducated for questioning why anyone would devote they’re life to following it!!!! Fuck off.

You have serious reading comprehension issues. Do you even understand what I actually told you? Reread for fuck's sake, and calm the hell down, you spastic motherfucker.

Ok good we agree god doesn’t exist. Or at least we can’t prove it right?

Why do

We can agree that proof, in all it's shades, is VERY elusive ? Of both god, and other beliefs of how we came to be

To learn and discuss, you fucking autist.

I think we finally agree. Have a good day sir.

*raises glass*

And a good day to you

bump

Fair enough :3

BUMPOS CHRISTIANOS