Ask a psychologist anything

Ask a psychologist anything.

Attached: xj53v85bxryz.jpg (761x1140, 306K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lawcenter.giffords.org/mental-health-reporting-in-new-york/
cultstate.com/2018/06/02/Gnostic-Warfare/
archive.is/gP9yr#selection-567.4-567.166
blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/step-aside-freud-josef-breuer-is-the-true-father-of-modern-psychotherapy/
youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do we really feel/are free once our parents die?

Do I make you horny?

Why do people deny glaringly obvious differences in race, religion, culture, the sexes. etc?

I know a girl who claims her shrink has told her she'd never have a stable relation with men due to her father (I think he left home). Assuming this is true, should I try hitting on her?

Why is the girl i chat with texting differently after one day , e.g. switching from "Good Night

Depends on how you interacted with them. You don't need them to die to free yourself.

With that post? No.

>Why do people deny glaringly obvious differences in race, religion, culture, the sexes. etc?
Because we know what causes those differences and we also know what makes people think these differences are biological in nature. It's not hard to reach information, but confirmation bias and self-fulfilling prophecies and the likes are the cause in many cases. If you have a specific topic in mind, I might help (provided you're interested in the truth, and not just hearing what you want to hear, that is).

She can have a stable relationship if she works on herself. You should try to be with her if you think you could love her and her you.

>switching from "Good Night

Psychology's a fraud, boy. Morons can't define a simple concept, like normality. And yet, those same morons "treat" people. The fuck out lol

So you would get turned on by a more attractive e comment? Now I have something to do.

I had a few bad relationships and now i am a bit over,,protective".
She told me first of everyone about problems with her dad ( alcoholic) and as we had a good day she told me i´ve done more for her than any other person.
But since her texting switched i am a bit confused if i should tell her how i feel or not

I feel like I may suffer from depression. In the morning during work weeks I want to end it all, rarely I have emotional breakdowns. Should I visit a doctor or is it in the spectrum of "normal"?

Is there a reliable online test for psychopathy?

Off with the shoes, those toes are going in my mouth immediately

I'm 36 and I've never had sex. I don't feel like trying anymore.

Normality is the norm, there are many ways to define that, but it's all statistical.

I think you mean "healthy", rather, and that's not hard to define: pathological, or unhealthy, is when someone is suffering, whether it's the person directly or the people around that person. That's it.

Did I make a mistake?
>Met with a new mental health NP last week.
>She brought up possible sociopathic tendencies in my history.
>I have had an unspecified personality disorder diagnosis and for some time, so whatever.
>Later in the meeting
>"You seem like a really nice guy, user."
>"That's what they said about Bundy".
>"Yes I suppose it is."
Am I on a list now?

No.

Her texting hasn't switched. Getting a smile instead of a heart makes no significant difference. She is scared to trust you because people who were abused can't easily believe life can be awesome and are scared to be disappointed if they believe. If you go with her, don't hurt her. You could do a lot of damage.

Thank you for the reply.
>what makes people think these differences are biological in nature
What makes people think they are not? Nurture?

You're not real.

I've almost died several times in my life. Once from a disease, once from pills, once from going through uncanny events.

What are the differences between depression and inattentive ADD and how can i get a diagnosis?

Not that I know, but if you feel like an alien among humans, that might be your best test.

How exactly have you tried?

Why do I have these extremely morbid, murderous or suicidal thoughts even though Im a happy guy with friends and a healthy romantic relationship?

No. They are not allowed to disclose information about patients. Besides, what you said is just a witty remark and doesn't tie you to anything.

>What makes people think they are not? Nurture?
Science. We have done research on these things for a long time, and the results are quite clear.

To be honest I've never tried earnestly for a date, kisses and sex were too far

I could never do something bad to her. I just dont know if she feels the same way or not. And yeah , i over react to little things like a "different" texting style. Thanks for your advise

Depression is essentially exhaustion from anxiety, a radical change in the brain, and ADD is not depression, at all. Poorly raised kids are more likely to get ADD.

There are tests for depression, many are online, and they are a good indication of whether to seek help (which you should if you're thinking about it anyway).

Don't focus on quantifying issues, numbers aren't more real than what you experience, they're only more useful to certain ends, but you don't need that to know whether you are suffering or not.

I said take off the shoes cunt

Why do I want my estranged black father to violently rape me in the ass while my dopehead mom and my slutty teenage sister masturbate and watch?

>ask a pseudoscientist anything
FTFY.

Maybe you're not as happy as you imagine. Or maybe you have natural dark tendencies.

>To be honest I've never tried earnestly for a date, kisses and sex were too far
That is what I expected. You will find that if you try, you will have sex.

Sex is literally like this: you're starved in a desert, and everyone else is starving, and all of you have a sandwich that you can't eat, but you can give it to someone else.

The "problem" is finding someone hungry. Everyone's hungry. You will easily find a woman who needs your body like you need hers. Just don't ooze worry and negativity and all will be fine. Rest assured that you will find someone who wants you sexually.

As opposed to scarcity models as outlined in Guns, Germs, and Steel; for example?

Not true. lawcenter.giffords.org/mental-health-reporting-in-new-york/

From what I can tell, she trusts you more than anyone, considering what she tells you, and you don't realise just how much it means to her, because you aren't used to that. Some people never opened up, and you may be the first. She has no idea you think she switched in her goodbyes, and you are insecure about her reaction, don't let that twist your understanding.

Confidently go to her heart and help her. You will likely end up together.

I have a craving to watch girls cry. Specifically out of fear. I like to watch them get mentally broken and break down balling in fear. I want to rape them while they are so broken they eventually pass out from the mental exhaustion of the fear and pain.
Havent done it, prob never will, but man do I want to.

I am a scientist. I spent a few years working on brain reactions and various experiments of the sort.

>As opposed to scarcity models as outlined in Guns, Germs, and Steel; for example?
Yes. That book's premise doesn't hold as there are many counter examples it can't explain.

Besides, technology is not a way to see whether a group of people is intelligent or not.

See Scarr for studies on that type of stuff.

Short of declaring incoming murder, you should be fine, but it depends on individual countries.

That is most likely because you feel women are superior to you and seeing them being demeaned reassures you. If you felt superior, you'd want to protect them.

This is an important element in misogyny. Do you fantasise about hurting kittens?

psyc is a soft science at best

>brain reactions
kek

I recently got interested in learning the basics of psychotherapy through books, apparently joseph breuer is the grandfather of this whole field.

So should I start with him and work my way up to something more modern?

Thanks again, good information.
Take care

I feel like I own women. They are my fuckmeat

No one ever won that debate with me. Psychology is a science because it uses the scientific method. If you arge that the subject of study defines whether it's a science or not, you would be saying that astrology cannot be studied scientifically; it can, and it has, which proved it was bullshit.

Suggesting that psychology is not a science would place you in a difficult position. Saying it's a "soft" science has no serious meaning. Yes, the human mind is far more complex than chemical elements, but that doesn't make it any softer. It only makes it harder. Some sciences deal with extremely complicated subjects, others with simpler ones, where testing is also simpler, and theorising is done with more ease, and paradigms shift far more slowly.

Why do?

Attached: 009E8E2.jpg (1500x1000, 816K)

Other people's brains, react, champ.

Depends on what you're actually interested in.

>I feel like I own women.
Precisely, you don't, hence the anxiety.

To get information.

FUCKING STUPID WHORE I BUTT FUCK YOUR ASS I GET YOU KNOCKED UP STUPID CUNT

Attached: 1552067177042.jpg (4072x3456, 1.92M)

>anal sex
>wants to impregnate me

You're gonna have a problem.

Its a soft science. You cant prove what causes any mental disorder because to do that you would have to make someone crazy per se. Which you cant/wont do because of ethics.

The thing is her boyfriend split up with her like 6 months ago. So sometimes i think she is a bit.. like nostalgic. I really like her , listen to everything she tells me ( there are 2 other boys who try to get her in the stupidest ways ever) , i just dont wanna fuck up , make her feel bad when i tell her i like her more because i dont wanna take away the friend i am to her. I just dont wanna see her cry

To be honest, manipulation, programming on the fly, out there, NLP kinda already goes into this topic. And I suspect that doing generic psychotherapy would give me a slice of a larger pie that may have tools needed for that as well.

Secondary goal is to try to be better at treating addictions, my own (I actually have almost none but the pc) and in turn also in others. I wanted to know how to make people quit smoking for example, how to motivate them to do sports. I read a couple of books on how the brain works, here and there, like negotiation, I know some basics of bio chemistry as well (at least the major hormones and how they influence moods, very basic stuff)

I just realized that language is magical, each and single word can be meticulously hand crafted based on a multitude of theories and tactics. I found out that there is a fine line between communication, and control, that I am more than willing of stepping over.

Idiot.

>You cant prove what causes any mental disorder because to do that you would have to make someone crazy per se.
I assume you have no training in science, then, because this type of problem is dealt with in year 1 when you study to become a psychologist. The trick is simple, and it's the same for any other science: you take cases where people already have a mental disorder. You do the same with illnesses: you don't give someone cancer, you just take someone who already has cancer.

I now know for absolute certain you know nothing about science.

It's called a quasi-experimental setting, precisely because you didn't cause the independent variable, but you chose subjects that matched what you wanted.

Also, psychologists in the past didn't have the limits they have today, and they did horrible things.

Mental disorders, most of them, have known causes, by the way.

Don't assume being a friend and being a boyfriend are all that different. In real life, the "friendzone" is literally the antechamber to a woman's body.

>To be honest, manipulation, programming on the fly, out there,
You won't manipulate anyone by learning about therapy. You are misguided.

>And I suspect that doing generic psychotherapy would give me a slice of a larger pie that may have tools needed for that as well.
To do therapy, it will take you 8 to 12 years of study, so buckle up.

>I just realized that language is magical, each and single word can be meticulously hand crafted based on a multitude of theories and tactics. I found out that there is a fine line between communication, and control, that I am more than willing of stepping over.
This is mostly a delusion. You seem to want more control, more than anything, but you won't find that studying psychology.

>Yes, the human mind is far more complex than chemical elements
Bullshit.
>It only makes it harder
No, it doesn't.
The reason why psychology isn't a science is because, at best, it's just statistics. It makes no effort establishing causal relationships between its statements other than "oh look, this group of people has these two traits so they must be related right... right?". Fuck off. Come back when you've established a coherent model.

>Bullshit.
The human mind is made of chemical elements, it's naturally more complex simply because of that.

>a lego brick is more complex than a house made of lego bricks
>uh, user...

>The reason why psychology isn't a science
It is a science.

>at best, it's just statistics.
Anything is just statistics at this rate.

>It makes no effort establishing causal relationships between its statements
Psychology students spend years studying statistics and training precisely to do that. They study methodology as well, and all the proper ways to establish experiments. You're talking out of your ass here and obviously have no knowledge of what the field entails. I suggest you learn about it before you make a fool of yourself any further.

>Fuck off.
You're in my thread, genius.

Actually I am a scientist, a biochemist and we do give test subjects cancer. Why do you think labs use rats and other animal test subjects? There specific types of rats you can buy that have been genetically engineered to get cancer at high frequencies.

>quasi-experimental setting
ah correlations must be fun

okay , thank you. To be honest i have written down what i think about her and that i want to be there for her etc in a letter , i wanna give it to her the next time there is a chance.

Thanks for your advises and everything

What makes you think you have the right to judge someones psyche? You realize your profession is absolute made up horseshit right? No one in history has ever benefited from psychology.

How do liars act when they're caught?

>we do give test subjects cancer.
But not to humans, you're just dodging the point. The reason you use rats is the same as why we don't harm humans.

>ah correlations must be fun
What's the connection between quasi-experimental and correlation anyway? Again, year 1, you learn about correlation =/= causation and the various ways in which an experiment might fool you (whether it's a psychological experiment or any other, as that applies to all results, including biochemistry, as you already know if you're one).

tell that to the psyops guys who prowl these boards lmao, have you any idea how propaganda warfare, and/or information warfare even happens? Do you know of the more esoteric warfare types called "gnostic warfare"?

cultstate.com/2018/06/02/Gnostic-Warfare/

do you know how behavior is re programmable?

archive.is/gP9yr#selection-567.4-567.166

what I am trying to tell you that I probably see potential to use some of that content to my own ends. Especially what I read about the founding father of psychotherapy

blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/step-aside-freud-josef-breuer-is-the-true-father-of-modern-psychotherapy/

I managed to stumble upon its usefulness. So yea, you are not speaking to some amateur, well you are...but you should get the point, but just one who is of a different "field"

>What makes you think you have the right to judge someones psyche?
Who says I judge anyone?

>You realize your profession is absolute made up horseshit right?
You think the brain is made up? That's new.

>No one in history has ever benefited from psychology.
You seem to have a limited vision of what psychology covers. Go to a supermarket: all the design, the pricing, the discounts, absolutely all of it comes from psychology and sure benefits supermarkets.

In various ways. They can overjustify their lies, try to answer other questions than the ones asked, they can overact, or overreact. More intuitively, you might feel something is off, even if you can't pinpoint what exactly. Liars also tend to smile when they shouldn't.

but since the rats biological functions, I.E. cell proliferation in this case, are the same as ours. Studying on a rat model works for my field and then once it works on other lab animals it moves to clinical studies (on humans). Tell me how does diagnosing a rat for depression or psychosis work. And thus you are in a soft science based on correlations. Unlike hard sciences

You should seriously consider reading serious sources and not online bullshit written by loons.

Nope, wrong again

Attached: 4021244814.jpg (2112x1614, 141K)

Is racism a mental disorder?

Do you suffer from the "my field and my cognition is the end of the world" syndrome, not realizing that there are even other actors, which much more influence on this planet that abide by different theories, yet similar goals? Do you wish to inquire more? I have a few more resources that may pique interest your interest if you are willing to give me some of yours. I am basically a living survivor of many of these fringe theories (which many of them also work) of the political spectrum, many years of study (and also many more of being affected by them)

well if you can get around your sense of professionalism and suggest some nice, books to me.

>but since the rats biological functions, I.E. cell proliferation in this case, are the same as ours.
You know as well as I do that just because something works on rats doesn't mean humans will react the same. Results vary, but you won't know until you try.

>Studying on a rat model works for my field and then once it works on other lab animals it moves to clinical studies (on humans).
Rats and mice have been used in my field for decades and many classic experiments and studies are about rodents (latent learning, Skinner's operational conditioning, the beautiful ones, etc).

>Tell me how does diagnosing a rat for depression or psychosis work.
Easily. Here's a famous experiment that has fundamental teachings on how to treat depression/anxiety.

There's a cage with a wired floor, and a safe area, that the rat can go to. A spoopy sound is heard, and seconds later, electric shocks are sent to the wires. The rat quickly learns to move to the safe area when he hears the sound. After a week of this, the rat is fine.

Same cage, this time the rat can't go to the safe area. He can't avoid shocks. After some resistance, he eventually stops trying to flee the pain once he hears the spoopy sound. After a week, the rat is reckted with worry and has all sorts of physical problems due to anxiety (same as the ones humans develop).

Third experiment: this time the safe area is beyond limits again, but the rat (each time it's a different rat) is not alone. There are two rats. When the hear the spoopy sound, they try to flee, but can't, and end up fighting each other. They do this whenever they're about to get shocked.

After a week of this, surprise, both rats are fine, besides the small injuries they inflicted on each other. The act of doing something against a stressful event prevented them from developing physical illnesses associated with stress.

That was a short summary.

No it doesn't. Because they pay out billions to idiots like you that tell them they can increase their profits by setting up a display ect. do you realize how fucking stupid you sound.

Your only real job is to determine if someone is a threat to themselves or others. This mean you have to make a JUDGEMENT.

Most killers were cleared by physiologists before they went on killing sprees.

Doesn't that speak volumes at bullshit that is your profession?

Does it frustrate you 99,999% of people are basically unable to communicate because of cultural brainwashing?

Yes. It's made of confirmation bias, paranoia, and self-fulfilling prophecies. The exact same as misogyny and antisemitism. Only targets vary.

I was into the occult and all that shit before, it's all crap. It's nothing but mental illness, sadly.

Exact same as psychology.

How do i get rid of my self diagnosed binge eating disorder?

Can we see your pussy

>No it doesn't. Because they pay out billions to idiots like you that tell them they can increase their profits by setting up a display ect. do you realize how fucking stupid you sound.
>psychology is useful
>"you sound stupid"
OK.

>Your only real job is to determine if someone is a threat to themselves or others.
That is wrong. I also teach, do research, advise, and provide therapy. That's all sorts. None of the people I treat are threats to others.

>This mean you have to make a JUDGEMENT.
I don't need to judge. Therapists shouldn't be the ones deciding whether someone should get locked up or not, as this heavily reduces trust in therapists.

>Most killers were cleared by physiologists before they went on killing sprees.
>physiologists
Most killers aren't actually insane.

>Doesn't that speak volumes at bullshit that is your profession?
It doesn't. I won't embarrass you by asking you sources for this. Most psychologists and psychiatrists, when it comes to serial killers, say that they won't change.

Why does my bepis hurt?

It isn't true. Some people can't communicate because they aren't intelligent enough, and/or have mental issues that blurs reality to them. Yea Forums is a haven for such people.

The difference is psychology uses the scientific method.

not occult you silly goose, do you know the meaning of "psyop"? Psychological operations. That is the competitive, male version of your profession and all of the best people who are good at their jobs go there. Its a branch of the army, well it was, now it has grown to something quite huge. Partly merged with marketing and business as well, very specific for certain media. Much of the memetics are centered around it and they are quite good at manipulating people.

here is a nice example

youtube.com/watch?v=5gnpCqsXE8g&feature=youtu.be

All above board, not esoteric really (though the gnostic warfare kinda is I guess)

but we have NLP, negotiation stuffs, books about bio chemistry (I am thinking of reading more books by steven pinker)

The more I get shares of my of these many different professions, the better I will be! So that is why when I read about the grandfather of psychotherapy I thought that it would fit in quite well. This is the last book stuff that I read (pardon the phrasing)

Attached: fuckyoufaggots.png (530x808, 426K)

At one time I can be incredibly happy with my girlfriend and on a different situation the only thing I want is to be away from her. This can happen in one day and over the course of the meet up.
What does this mean?

O so you believe you shape the opinion of someones mind in a way that it CHANGES them for the better. You believe that sitting down and talking to someone will make a difference in their life? In the sense that most people are supper lonely losers that just want someone to talk to. Doesn't that just make you like a hair stylist or a message therapist ECT. So you comfort lonely people for $$$????

So then what caused the depression and anxiety in the brain for these rats? For a biochemist using cancers in rats, we would take a human cancer gene and have it be expressed in the rat. Proving we know what causes the cancer and then attempt to treat it in the rat and eventually try those treatments in humans.

Also your conclusion for shocking the rats was the "rats were fine, beside injuries from fighting" and "The act of doing something against a stressful event prevented them from developing physical illnesses"? So in the end shocking them and making them fight has no effect on their mental state? I think thats a flawed conclusion

DUHHHHHHH what's switching holes???? stupid fucking pig, tell me what is the sociopolitical ramifications of being an uppity set of holes that won't display her toes when commanded

Attached: 1550107487465.jpg (960x720, 122K)

no help on the basics for psychotherapy op?

are you crazy?

I don't want to speak with a therapist, but I obviously need it. Advise?