Is it too late to start learning coding at 19 ?

Is it too late to start learning coding at 19 ?

Attached: 1442798120936.jpg (963x539, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tynker.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. You’re an old fag. Coders your age have 10 yrs experience already.

At 19 the only thing you are too old to do is to be a professional athlete.

If you're retarded -> yes
If not -> no

Its never too late
Just dont give up and you are guaranteed to land a job
Pick something high level with simple syntax to start with

...........such as?

Attached: 62235320.jpg (249x228, 7K)

C++, Java, ASM, Lisp etc

what would be the best for coding a video game ?

Fuck this, OP. Learn R.

T

c++ obviously

Nah he should learn PHP

I don't think u can just start coding a video game, I'd recomeend you to learn simple programming things as what are arrays how do string operations work etc.

No, I'm learning to code at 29.

You'll have to wear programming socks though.

C++ sucks, Java sucks. Learn Python.

Now you're just being a nigger.

LMAO you're screwed.

It's never too late to start to learn anything in life

> C++ sucks
Learn python

I think you don't know that you're talking to a senior C developer right here. Better watch your fucking language youngling. Learning python is like learning swimming in ur mums fucking asshole filled with piss. Slow execution times are only the beggining of shithole. Nice non declared variable types. Fucking dipshit skid nigger

What is the most used language in web development? Know your numbers.

Start with python. There is also plenty of guides on youtube.

Learn Pascal fag

this
programming is an equipment sport
Python sucks asss
Java is kinda sucky but at least it's a real language (easy to run)
C++ is very nice (but harder to set up to compile)

Thats such a shit recommendation
In my opinion its best to start with something simple and with some forgiving syntax to learn the concepts
Python, javascript (personal favourite) or PHP
You wont make any games in that but you will be able to actually make some progress

Javascript is a fucking bloatfest. I'd rather learn something much simpler like Bash.

I dont think bash is a good idea as a starting languague because the syntax is fucking retarded. But you do you

>not choosing qbasic
>mfw

Attached: 31735738.jpg (500x500, 104K)

Guys why is everyone contradicting each other
can someone explain to me what are the differences ? (just pretend i'm a retard)
I just want to make a comfy game, I'll have about 2 months to learn coding

The first "language" I've written code in was actually Bash. I don't think it's that bad. It's actually a lot easier to understand than e.x Java or C

I learned it in grad school at like 24, so it's possible. user is right about the socks though, highly important to let your feet "breathe" as they work up a sweat.

Who learns coding these days? Coding is pointless waste of time to learn just learn a real profession like carpenter or something and earn real money

Stfu u don't know nothing

Sure but there are better options
Also ive dealt with my fair share of languages and bash is hands down the worst one i have ever had to deal with.

A cuck like you who hasn't seen the sun or pussy in years? Good luck

It's not that bad as soon as you fully understand it.
But it's not really a language to write complicated code in.

I've actually seen the sun like 5yrs ago and I didn't like it. Also I don't have to get any pussy since I got the fuck-o-tron 300 in my home so stfu you little jelly retard

If you want to make a game as fast as possible pick java
I doubt two months is achievable though but who knows

Play the videogame Codespells and learn Java

Two months is literally impossible if you have no experience. I doubt he'd even be capable of writing tic tac toe in python in that time

Sun is britght as fuck and you can shove it right up your ass for what i care

Pussies have usually the disadvantage of having a women attached to them - not worth the effort

Not OP but curious, how does one learn to code (without college) and what tools are needed.
Also, how important is arithmetic for coding?

Just get Unity if you want to make a game quickly.

Just google for programming excercises, try to solve them with the help of google and stackoverflow. Try to remember and understand what you write, and there you are, a perfect programmer.

could probably do a rough one in turtle. in under a month.

To can learn to build tic tac toe in days.

Bash script is not a programming language...

Books, internet and practice are actually better than anything college can give you in my experience (did both)
As for the arithmetic it depends on what are you trying to do.

Yeah but could you do it on your own? I think learning and actually understanding and knowing what you're doing are two different worlds.

That's why I said "language"

Shut up troll

I am chad

tynker.com/

Ive learned the most by dedicating myself to building an e-shop with little to no experience
Took me solid two years of dedication and it was shit but the experience was more than worth it
I was 15 when i started though so you might have it different

just download unity if your gonna ask dumb shit like that.
It uses high-level programming languages that should make some sense.

i learned coding at 19, html, css, js, php. got a web design job at 20 for 2 years, learned quite a lot. pay is not great and it's stressful as hell. clients don't give A FUCK, they are super demanding, no one cares how good you are or if you learned some new cool css3 effect, you get shit on for wasting time :(

it's not fun but i tihnk learning coding is essential for everyone. maybe learn coding but consider a career as a fireman, and using your coding skills to make your own eshop or app etc, don't work for clients unless they are willing to pay decent and value your skills.

>html

Attached: 19404535.jpg (300x300, 35K)

JS, PHP, and MySQL (with which comes the necessary designing a working database system)
Harder than it sounds

it's not though? front end web dev is retard proof compared to backend.
>source: someone who's infinitely more experienced in front and back than you are.

Databases are literally the easiest thing if you're not plain retarded, only the JOIN querys can be hard sometimes but won't ever really be

SQL is easy as shit. Are you a woman or something?

>source: someone who's infinitely more experienced in front and back than you are.

That sounds fucking bi-sexual
>source: someone who is in this thread for no fucking reason apart from slow down the discussion

id rather sound fucking bi than have 3 people instantly call me retarded when i open my mouth

You don't sound bi user, the other guy is just a retarded front end dev ^-^

interesting disucsisons here, alothu front-end web dev is easier from a coding perspective (html,css,js,php), it is more suited to designers who are pixel perfectionists etc, something back-end dev usually don't care about. front-end is mid tear, back-end is for the real geeks. and there's nothing wrong with either imo.

if front-end is super easy to you, remember that for many people it is wizardy, even writing html. 50% of people don't even know how to install chrome.

what i am saying? get paid. if youre doing a job never say "this is easy". if the boss asks you to update the database, um and ah, and say it will take 10 hours.

in my nomenclature, you just called me gay.

SQL is fucking retarted easy. Normalization makes dbases pretty standardized and you are fucking retarted if you can't write a join. Web dev is for fucking retards. Learn coboo and start dealing with financial system backend shit

I said they can be hard SOMETIMES but if you can't read that's not my fault.

No I called you straight as fuck

that's the front ender, not me.

I see a man of culture as well

I remember mentioning that i was 15 and its good to learn the basics you bunch of butthurt elitist faggots

The only one who got butthurt is you. Damn imagine being this mad that you have to reply to 3 guys explaining what you said. Faggot.

I couldnt give less of a fuck, try again

Me either, try again

idiot.