Is pulling the lever and yelling to the other dude that you pulled it the best answer?

Is pulling the lever and yelling to the other dude that you pulled it the best answer?

Discuss.

Attached: trolley.png (558x768, 121K)

No because the other person will get mad, and pull the lever too so that nobody wins

What if you're both well adjusted human beans?

They'd get mad and decide that to punish you they'll kill 5 of their family members?... Thats some #MAGA logic right their.

Never pull the lever, or push the fat man. It's not your fault that you're in this situation, so there is no reason to get involved.

Look at this 12 year old and laugh.

Did you read the picture?
Also that's just hiding behind non-action user.

Yes, I read it.
It's not "hiding," it's realizing that I shouldn't have the power to decide who lives and dies.

>it's realizing that I shouldn't have the power to decide who lives and dies.
Omg what a pussy. You fold like a piece of wet paper. You would never survive.

What the fuck are you blathering about?

you pull it, yell at them that you pulled it, and run away as fast as you can

> loved one
I stopped right here. You can't study utilitarism/deontology seriously if you involve this.

not that user, but it is a question of whether you answer the question from a normative (ought) point of view, or a self-interest point of view, or even a legally minded point of view.

you are legally in the wrong if you pull the lever. in the same way, if someone hands you a gun, and tells you to shoot someone or else they'll blow up a building, you're still a murderer if you pull that trigger, and you'll be punished for it. you legally should do nothing.

that is the letter of the law, and you would very likely get a reduced sentence as you did it under duress, but you would still be charged for it.

the three people's families would want justice for the deaths, and you would be responsible for pulling the lever.

Depends who the single loved one is and who's in the group of loved ones.

If my mom is in the group of people, I don't pull the lever no matter what. If my mom is the single loved one on the tracks i pull the lever no matter what. I have zero reason to even talk to the other person. I have full control over this situation.

Attached: 26287769.jpg (250x253, 24K)

This.

>shot the other person on the lever before he can pull it
>pull my lever
>winrar
If I have to decide about who lives and who not, anyway...

No, not a thing of law, but ethics. Moral is subjective, ethics is not. You should not decide who has to die and based on that we have laws.

Another triggered snowflake

you should if you value your freedom. meta-ethics is separate from normative ethics, but you cannot exist as a human in a society with laws if you fail to consider the legal consequences of your actions.

you "shouldn't have to" decide who has to die based on the law, but if you enjoy not being in prison, you DO have to.

You would be charged yes but not convicted. Learn 2 law.

> However, duress is not a complete defense to all crimes. For example, the general rule, both at common law and today, is that duress is never a defense to murder; that is, one is never justified in killing another innocent person even if one's own life has been threatened, although this part may be questioned when multiple people are threatened with death if the defendant does not kill a single or fewer people than threatened (such a situation is similar to the trolley problem).

help help i have a really small brain

Attached: i think.gif (468x236, 758K)

I don’t understand. The levers are separate, it would be really easy to tell that your lever was switched so you’re lying.

You're not supposed to lie?

take my chances and surely it will work out that its not my fault this shit happened.

Underrated comment