What do you think of epic store

What do you think of epic store

Attached: 91F116E6-D8BB-4194-9DD0-1D671537F155.jpg (956x538, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamedaily.biz/article/749/epics-tim-sweeney-exclusivity-deals-are-up-to-developers-and-publishers
youtube.com/watch?v=VS3cW_EZLgY
discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Format wars suck. People think that "competition is good" but this is the wrong type of competition to have. Competition IS good when the product is identical; In this case, it isn't because the product can only be bought & played from one location, as opposed to a physical product that is identical. What people are really voting for here is the delivery system.

When you've been through a few format wars, you'll figure out why it's so bad for everyone.

Fuck Steam. I am glad the resistance will win. Indie games will live on, fuck you TripleA dogs.

Calm down, ling ling

o-k..

Idgaf I expose steam girls nudes

Company trying to build a monopoly. If it was physical goods, it would have been forbidden, but tollerated here. And they seem worse than crytek or ea

>Format wars suck
i don't follow, what's a format war?

Then expose them now

I already have lots of egirl nudes from Steam, I only fuck with cute ones not the fat ones, its easy when you promise them a skin

exclusive titles, basically screams dont trust them.

P.S FUck STEAM epic games will win this war. Cunt.

Not him, but easy:
Not a war between companies selling the same or similar goods, but a company selling something and forbidding all other companies to sell it.
Imagine it like your local target being the only supermarket that sells bananas and sues all other markets if they try to

Betamax versus VHS. Blu-Ray versus HD-DVD.

When a product can only be used because it is processed through one format that can not used in other formats. In other words, if I buy a Blu-Ray DVD of Movie X, I can't play it in an HD-DVD player.

If I buy a computer game from Wal-Mart, I can play that game on ANY computer, though. A format war is not WalMart versus Target because they are selling the exact same item; Steam & Epic are not selling the exact same item but their own version of the same item.

Personally:
I use it for the free games they give away every two weeks and the exclusives.
For everything else it's steam.
I don't see any problem in using several launchers, though for social interaction and networking I only use steam.

Rationally:
I think it's okay that steam gets some competition, though Epic fights a bit dirty by absolutely dumping prices and conditions. They'll be unable to maintain these but the gain a huge player base right now doing this. Hopefully these people will not stay with them, when the rise their prices. And hopefully Steam steps up a bit.

You sure bout that? They only own an engine and because of their exclusivity policy devs move away from it. Because why let yourself being forced to publish under epic, if you could get a cheaper engine and be allowed to publish on psn, xbox, steam and gog?

No egirls on gog to get nudes out of.

so it's about epic game store exclusive games, then? remember, how microsoft and sony tried that? in the end game developers would rather have all platforms to get a bigger audience

>in the end game developers would rather have all platforms to get a bigger audience
Ye, see that anons response.
Epic basically wants to be the market leader by forcing expensive engine deals that also force the developer to publish under epic.

>exclusivity policy
They have no exclusivity policy, they just pay the devs a shit ton of money to publish exclusively, nothing stops you from releasing only on steam, PSN or gog etc

Also how did that work out for sony and microsoft? They dropped their sales numbers and had to move away from that to a 3 month exclusiveness policy.

misinformation

No eGirls on Epic. No eGirl nudes. = Steam is better. Can get nudes from girls by sending them skins.

there will always be exclusive games. you just have to take a look at nintendo. but what did they get out of it? all they have left is mario and zelda as their money makers.

Uhm, no. Use epic engine, be possibly forced to publish on epic.
gamedaily.biz/article/749/epics-tim-sweeney-exclusivity-deals-are-up-to-developers-and-publishers
But epic itself hates that system it seems, the ceo said, that it must be up to the dev to decide.

I'm gay, I don't want to see a smelly cunt or two disgusting chest tumors.

It works on Traps too

Oh, the metro shitshow. Still don't have my money from the publisher from my steam preorder. What shitbags for people.

why would they do that, if they hate it so much?

Enjoy your Chinese spyware.

Epic is fucking aids! I hope it dies and takes that absolute pile of shit fortnite with it! Fucking zoomers...

You just proved my point, exclusivity deals is a choice made by the developer, epic has never forced an exclusivity deal they just pay developer to agree to one.

They had a fiasco with metro where thousands of people bought the game on steam but epic then said: no, this will be exclusive. Of course their CEO had to answer the questions of many angry metro fans, why they suddenly didn't buy the game and he said, that this thing went wrong and he wants to change that.

Play both ends "Oooh we didnt want to do it but happened before we noticed, sorry"

Agree with you on fortcrap, fucking hate that game but epic hasn't done anything inherently bad with their policies.

All that means is that the boycoutt SHOULD extend to developers aswell.
I personally will not buy any game that takes the exclusivty deal, maybe some day in the future when they are 80% discounted on Steam, but not before then.
I'ev pirated more this year than in the last 10 years thanks to Epic.

Attached: 2988359715.jpg (934x1360, 76K)

so their just lying cunts?

fuck em im avoiding the launcher like the plauge

I have steam girl nudes

In the end, yes. They are in it for the money and trying to move fast. They are most likely hoping it would just blow over and they can continue on but that wont work so well.

Coh media wanted a law suit against epic, so it was not their side of the deal and the epic ceo basically said that it must never happen again and devs/publisher should decide. So it prolly was some marketing guy thinking it would be a great stunt to force a publisher. But at least the ceo wants to change that.

rape

Competition is good and the cut Steam takes is pretty crazy, but buying away games from your competitor and making them exclusive is a pretty shitty way to go about it.

For the consumer you basically get janked out of a nice restaurant and forced to go eat the meal you want on a gas station floor.. because Steam is a pretty complete store whilst Epic is barebones, needing 6 months to add something as basic as a shopping cart.

okay fags what's going on here? what is this steam versus indie bullshit? what steam girls? fuck are you all talking about?

DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE DAILY REMINDER THAT ISRAEL IS AN ILLEGITIMATE STATE

Attached: 1553263559021 - Copy.jpg (1079x947, 172K)

Someone is taking advantage of depressed cute egirls on steam and spreading their nudes. Digusting, happened to a friend of mine on Steam and now her tits are everywhere in our community, I know it shappened to other girls now too!

Yes, that guy is doing it in the name of Epic Games apparently. At least thats word on the street.

i've recently had some steam requests from "girl" profiles. some people must be seriously desperate to fall for this shit...

Steam's cut is pretty minor really. Considering in the past it was printed to dvd, boxed, shipped to stores, then you still had to supply bandwidth or hosting for patches. Steam really did streamline all that in a nice package.

Attached: 1553909542656.gif (500x500, 34K)

yeah they target other girls and pretend to be friends with them, since girls trust each other. Then get nudes off of them etc

That was the doing of Deep Silver, I only blame them for accepting that deal not Epic.

Agreed, however it is a logical when competing against Steam seriously.

Land belongs to whoever can hold it, I'm not going to take what country is legitimate or not from globalist UN blue hats.

that's so retard. fuck me that's really retarded

Yeah.. which made sense years ago, but it's all about digital sales these days and Steam doesn't do a lot more than just have the game on their platform, and if you're not a big game, it will likely dissapear in the thousands of other games.

Epic just plays into it by taking a significantly smaller cut.. although the money they're handing out probably minimizes their profit currently, but with that Fortnite and tencent money it doesn't matter.

Problem is that their store is just shitty, don't try to directly compete with a platform that is in every way superior to you.. atleast not by forcing people out of that platform to use your shitty platform when it benefits them in no way at all.

Maybe it is minor in comparison to what it was 15 years ago. But its still fuckin 30%

protect the cute egirls and alert them.

>but it's all about digital sales these days and Steam doesn't do a lot more than just have the game on their platform
epics server are garbage, but steam has to pay a small fortune for theirs. They are almost on par with google while delivering huge amount of data. Just think about the workshop shit, the voice chat and the community stuff.

So you gonna show us the pics?

Sure, but I still question if that justifies taking 30%.. that's massive cut.

Oh yeah huh, like when they got caught secretly gathering info from users PCs, and when they have no real security so users are hacked more often than other game launchers. Dont forget the Chinese spyware. But yeah, epic games is pretty cool dudes.

>(You)
Absolutely agree their store is complete crap atm, if I were them I'd do both paying devs to agree to exclusivity deals and massively improving the store to BTFO steam.

Yeah but not without taking a large chunk for themselves. Epic is honestly not far from having that, probably some of that will be integrated into their engine in a future update.

no I like her too much why would I do that?

To be honest I tried the epic store a while ago. Pretty terrible if you ask me. The servers were bad and the launcher felt weird.

From big game devs, yes. Those would have to pay 80% for physical distribution and make most of the traffic.
For small devs, in my opinion not. Those make a minor impact on traffic and need the money to publish more. Not to mention that those are already extremely cheap

Not a policy problem.

The launcher is slow and unresponsive as fuck, crashes or just gets stuck not loading etc.

a whore is a whore. could care less how she becomes one. its their parents obligation to protect them not mine.

>buttfuck me 12 different ways, but if I like the policies you make public, it's all good in the hood.
Christ these zoomers have to be trolling or straight retarded, not sure which.

alert them at least, especially the cute braided ones!

They just need to get better control of their employees and I do believes the steam file they copied and moved was just to give the option of importing friends from steam, you can say that they shouldn't gave touched it but for me it is a grey area, what's different from browsers asking to importing other browser bookmarks?

Got subnautica for free so wont complain, playing it in VR is one of the most exciting/immersive experiences i had so i think epixstore bretty epic

Meh you can jump through whatever hoops you want to justify their actions, I'm choosing not to have anything to do with em.

youtube.com/watch?v=VS3cW_EZLgY

I watched for nearly 2 mins, lost respect when dude asked "is that ethic? Maybe, maybe not" if he cant be real with his first point I'm out. One big difference between Facebook or other apps accessing info of that nature, is they fucking ask for permission. They dont stealthily do it behind your back. Trust is a big thing in online security.

They still claim that they never uploaded it to their server, they just copy it on your pc move and encrypt that and use it only when you give them permission. Very grey area in my opinion.

You're fixating on one problem though, when they have so many. The general quality of their product and services suck. The great thing about not being the first to market, is you get to learn from the mistakes/experience of others, in this case steam. The arguement that "oh they are new they will grow," is such a bs arguement. You are expected to come out of the gate at least up to par with competitors (steam/origin/gog), if not improving on them. They lazily half assed their launcher, and now through exclusive titles are trying to Force entire fan bases into using a very clearly inferior product.

discord
X]-lX)13(Xl-[X
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 13.jpg (286x484, 40K)

It wasn't me fixating on it and I've agreed with a lot of problems posted here such as the epic store being shitty.