Why don't you drive a manual like a real man?

Why don't you drive a manual like a real man?

What are you, a fucking soyboy?

Attached: Manual-Transmissions.jpg (794x429, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've got better things to do while driving.

such as sucking dick?

I'd hate to care ya fucken loser

The same reason I don't play a harmonica while I'm taking a shower.

are you scared? scared of stalling the car? if you be stallin' your new name is Comrade Stalin

cuz you can't drive stick

you be Stalin

I do and I'm american. Only way to enjoy driving.

Because only true faggots think they can outshift an automatic in 2019. You fucking dusty motherfucker... dont buy any green bananas.

didnt know a requirement to driving was being a drag racer

>Riding a horseless carriage like a dainty dapper danny who can't even control a proper buggy let alone mount a saddle
>Thinking you are a real manly man.

because modern automatics are faster.

>hurr my straight line acceleration

drink more soy, boi

You must been that type of faggy kid that brags about his Acura shitbox getting 350 HP but the damn thing barely runs, dives like a bus, looks like a Fast and Furious reject. There's nothing wrong with using an automatic, if it get you to point A to B then who gives a shit

They’re fine until your in traffic or stopped on a steep hill

I do, but automatics are fine too.

I have more fun in manuals because I like the driving experience to be more tactile, but Autos are still fine.

I'm not American, so of course I don't drive children's transmission cars. I also believe the shitty pseudo scientific /pol/ bullshit about soy, sorry.

but can you drive one?

come on, you an amateur

wat

>dont buy any green bananas
wut

lmao it's really not that hard

2019. Driving antiquated technology because you feel like a man. Do you use a phone from 1930 as well?

what

Modern automatic transmissions are better at their job and more reliable than a manual transmission, they are also more efficient at gas consumption.
Having a manual transmission and feeling you are somehow better is like having a 90's Nokia instead of a smartphone in 2019, you are slowing yourself down in order to feel edgy and special. Grow up, get an automatic car

>Driving antiquated technology because you feel like a man
I suppose you rive electric, then?

King stick.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>having a 90's Nokia instead of a smartphone in 2019, you are slowing yourself down in order to feel edgy and special
or maybe I'm slowing myself down because I really don't need to go all that fast.

y all dim geerz doe dawg

plot twist: some of the earliest cars were electric

I would but my wife can't handle it and she's my dd often

It's a difference between car guys and non-car guys, rather than a difference in "manliness"

car guys like things to be tactile and to be as in control as possible, something which autos don't offer.

Although now that automatics with sport shifts are becoming as good as they are, they're finally more of a viable option

holy fuck retard no one else in the thread has said that

legit excuse

I have both, because I'm not a poorfag.
Manual transmissions have the advantage of zero delay when exiting corners on the track (because no matter how fast automatics are, they can't anticipate what hasn't happened yet whereas a driver knows that a downshift may be needed at the end of a turn).
Autos are better for mud (no delay in power transfer to wheels during shifting).
So it all depends on the situation.

mfw geartronic

all I see in this thread are:

>people who only view cars as appliances

vs

>car guys who view them as more than just appliances

Attached: 1528656444992.jpg (640x480, 74K)

finally a non-retard comments

plot twist 2.0 -dildos are still electric.

control your drinking, moron.

well no. i can jack off my boyfriend with driving automatic

poor people in this thread, poor bastards that can't afford a driver.

Real men drive a Prius to save the environment

das hawt

garunteed replies

>you're a car guy only if you drive a manual

Attached: 1538519994411.png (558x614, 45K)

>my dad has two cars
lol k

wow
brains, man.

I mean in general that's pretty much the case

It's rare that you find a car guy at a meet who isn't driving manual or at least something with sport shift.

Do you remember when you had to text message on a phone before the phone had a keyboard. How it was a pain in the ass, and took longer? Yeah, that's a manual transmission. I grew up riding dirt bikes and atv's. I can drive manual fine. Doesn't mean that it isn't inconvenient.

unless you're in Europe. Everyone drives manual, it's rare to find cars with auto-trans at all, they're pretty much seen as exotic toys.

I heard Prius hurts the environment more than it helps. Think of all the diesel fuel that had to be burned to mine the materials to make the battery on that thing. Consider that coal fired plants may be producing the power to recharge those batteries. Think about the plastics used to make a Prius.

You might be surprised to know that a big boat car with a V8 motor is actually softer on the environment.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

yeah, I remember the times when one had to use his brains to operate a telephone.

>ackzuallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyh
lol

>inconvenient

how? It's just driving a car but with some extra tactile inputs that some people find fun. It's not hard or inconvenient.

Fair enough.

Driving stick is unamerican. Everybody knows that commute to work is a pain in the ass even when driving automatic.

kill self

you just scared of learning new skill

Kek. Its safer too. You can die easy in a prius.

Maybe because most, if not all, choices for gearheads, tuners, racers, petrolheads, or whatever you want to call them are classic cars, and by classic I do include those made in the 90s. Auto transmission was shit and expensive in those days, now add to the fact that most of cult classics were never made in auto or if they were people chose manual for tuning possibilities and you got yourself a car meet.
I've still got a manual sitting in the garage, but hell be damned if I'll use it as a daily over my auto.

Attached: 1553119955939.jpg (693x390, 106K)

>135
>24R

Master race

I'm that guy that has a auto at a meet
My daily is a Miata NB and its an auto and I don't give two fucks about stick or auto
When others give me crap about an auto Miata I say "Its my car not yours so fuck off"

pls do

Used to have a manual. Loved the fuck out of it. My car started going to shit mechanically and I had to trade it for something more economical because I had to start commuting an hour and a half each day. Got a fuel efficient automatic car and gave up my dignity as part of the contract. Feels bad

You just said it yourself: requires extra tactile inputs. Some people prefer to hit the "30+ sec" button on the microwave once to heat up things for 30 seconds than to hit the "TIME" button, "3" then "0" then "Start". It's inconvenient. If you like making things hard for yourself and you enjoy it, then more power to you.

holy fuck your a huge retard

no u

I can't wait for self driving cars to be common so there will be trolls calling people faggots for not driving instead of driving like a real alpha male

>you just scared of learning new skill
Nah, just lazy, like the rest of this godforsaken country.

zoom zoom motherfuckers

Attached: daihatsu-cuore-m-02.jpg (768x432, 39K)

That fucking picture lmao

No doubt Autos will be more in style but I think you'll be hard pressed to find car guys adopting traditional Autos with no input over a Dual Clutch or at least a Manumatic

I don't actually have any problem with Autos I'm just saying that it seems like most car guys aren't really into them

Look I have an Automatic truck and a Manual coupe, and to be honest, neither one is "more convenient" to drive than the other. I have more fun driving the coupe because I get to have more control over the way the car moves.

Also hitting two more buttons on a microwave isn't hard or inconvenient

How low is your tolerance for inconvenience? That's just sad

holy fuck your a huge retard

I hope you don't drive stick as you write, fucking spastic. Go to sleep

Attached: 1537940507190.jpg (500x365, 39K)

No u

back to faggots

told be to go to so STFU FAG

Because it's convenient? Spent the last several years dealing with an old piece of shit that was apparently harder than usual for a stick. I'd rather just get from A to B without the hassle. Wouldn't mind those nifty paddle shifters a lot of fancy cars have though.

I don't even drive lmao

do you suck dick for bus fare and then walk?

>chose manual for tuning possibilities
what does that even mean?

no ackzuallyyyh u

less complex everything, easier to fiddle with.

u 2 shud fugg

because this

Attached: jam.jpg (768x784, 185K)

fiddle with what?

Fuck that. Shits for boomers. Move over grandpa, the future is now, old man.

because a road? wtf dude

actually, you little brat, this here is the past. You just won't know until much later.

SYKE

EVERYTHING
YOU ENDLESS
MORON

>the future is now
the fuck it is.. no flying cars, barely even any electric ones. And where's my fucking hoverboard, Marty McFart?

Uh-huh and can you afford the future or can you afford a 1997 Toyota?

obviously the only thing you fiddle with is the stereo

Kekek

yep

post a link to a scientific article or stfu faggo

Manual is on it's way out. Useless in every way except for hanging out with other men talking about your stick.

A better question is why do manual drivers care so fucking much? It seems that most if not all hold their ability to drive manual cars above all else, simply because it is the only "specialized" "ability" they seem to have. Stop.

I bounce on my automatic shiftter while sucking on a big soy cock to this

Ive only ever owned 1 automatic.. lol why do you assume my gearbox preference?

I do you stupid faggot, but it's also getting harder to have that option in a reasonable car.

no u

my 84yr old grandmother cant drive a automatic, she only can drive a manual, the "specialized" isn't all that special

Attached: 9781178761.jpg (1866x1620, 190K)

Get on my level, kids. I can take this cross country and only touch the clutch from starting off.

Attached: post-56-0-44956200-1447612552_thumb.jpg (500x335, 40K)

What I find amusing is that, what was once a painful necessity is now an option and you see that as "manly" You don't even know what it was like without power steering and power brakes. Try driving a 400 hp piece of Detroit steel on today's freeways with drum brakes. Then we'll see if you're a man or not. Also; not in this thread but related - can you effectively use a rotary phone? a pager? an answering machine? a ten key adding machine? no? fucking losers. This modern world is full of pussys.

Is your grandmother named caboose by chance

Real men calls it Standard transmission

fuck you fucking truck drivers. I drive I-5 between Sacramento and Oregon all the time. You fuckers never want to hit your brakes and lose that cruise control. Speed limit for trucks is 55 cars 70 and I have seen you fuckers swerve in front of a car to pass your fellow trucker who is going 1 mile an hour below your limit. Takes a quarter mile for you to pass and you get pissed off when I don't let you do that shit. I fucking hate the way you guys drive.

holy fuck you a huge retard.

TSK TSK TSK

YES I AM

off course I fiddle with the stereo, too.. what part of EVERYTHING did you fail to comprehend?

Then quit buying shit, asshole. You want shit to buy, you let us do our jobs.

Or, you know, stay off the freeway which was originally intended for us or the military... not you pansy ass 4-wheelers. You fucking Califortard fucknut.

damn

the fact there is nothing on a manual transmission to fiddle with is the part you need to explain

nah, none of those old stories are true. And the railroads can do your job so calm your tits bitch.

ME TOO

HURRRRRRRRRRR

dude I never said there is nothing on a manual transmission to fiddle with

holy fuck your a huge retard.

>stay off the freeway which was originally intended for us or the military
lolwut

*you're

It's pretty gay to jerk off your car user (extra gay if your car is female with a dick)

you said you do fiddle with it and you would have it so you can fiddle with it, what specifically do you fiddle with? I don't think you know the first thing about any kind of transmission.

Is your grandmother named caboose by chance

Neither I nor my wife had owned an automatic until 2011, when we replaced one car with autoT. Not happy. When I hit the gas, the car thinks about what I've done, decides that's really what I wanted, revs up the engine, then checks one more time to see if I was kidding, then engages and accelerates. By that time the opportunity is lost and I have to abandon whatever the attempt, but then the engine is revved and tries to work out if I am really aborting. I frickin hate the thing.

holy fuck your a huge retard.

You seem like a hateable person. Fuck, you sound so stupid by attempting to be edgy. Automatic is not an improvement of manual, it is a different kind of driving. It's like saying you only watch movies on Netflix because it's the "modern" thing to do instead of going to a movie theater, or taking Uber because is "modern" instead of a taxi.
Each has its advantages, but manual, movie theaters and taxis will always prevail.

Fuck you. No one cares about your neurotic macho bullshit.

wow fagtron type more

>Automatic is not an improvement of manual
He just said it was asswipe

i prefer manual but the laziness of automatic took over.
not to mention it's actually pretty hard to find a manual to buy these days and even harder to sell the car )

Driverless cars won't be manual, assfuck.

Because Boomers are dying. People don't really want them anymore.

brah wut

>what specifically do you fiddle with?
EVERYTHING

*you're

more

yeah but it ain't, fuckwaffle.

talk about moving the goalposts, dickturd.

this nigga gets it

both my cars are manual. if you drive slushbox you are a faggot

too bad you can't sell them on the European market. Europeans are mad about American cars, but they don't wanna drive auto. An american car with manual transmission is gold in Europe.

lost it

ratio matchin?

All the soyboy faggots in this thread who never learned to drive a stick.

Well done OP

Attached: salt.jpg (1022x594, 151K)

Jokes on you I let my roommates drive me everywhere

If you drive an automatic, you're not a car guy.

Sorry.

Attached: moot2.jpg (640x427, 63K)

Drove a manual for 7 years. Got good and fucking tired of it 18 months in. Kept going for another 66 months. Jesus fucking Christ what a god damn pain in the fucking ass having to shift manually ALL the fucking time. GOD DAMN. FUCK THAT

>m-m-muh soy
sure /pol/cel

>Miata
>automatic

Attached: girls laughing.jpg (400x267, 34K)

I drive a manual and I'm not a car guy

you Americans truly are helpless, sad creatures.

t. eurofart

Attached: sjw.png (855x835, 1.21M)

You can do that while driving a manual, stop being such a fucking pleb with your driving skill, faggot.

okay

gr8 b8 m8

We'll be sure to remember that next time your country needs aid

lmao, the only reason to have a slow fag NA/NB is to have fun on twisties. A manual makes twisties 100x better.

what the fuck are "twisties"?

Thats cute. Try driving mine.

Attached: serveimage (7)~2.jpg (262x132, 19K)

live in the BC rockies driving a 2000 NA manual impreza

Pavement, dirt, gravel or snow. always fun

Shit is so cash

cant see

eh ultimately doesn't matter because nearly all cars are Japanese anyway and Ford sucks dong.

Attached: ant.jpg (1500x1188, 327K)

ITT:

>sperglords yelling at sperglords about their spergmobiles

I drive a lot, I don't need to be shifting every 3 seconds. then i'll get tendinitis or something. not worth it.

Attached: crazy-roads4.jpg (1280x854, 477K)

woah broah, das sum powarh argumintz ya gots there mah brah.

it's quite okay

Real men drive whatever the fuck they want.

Attached: 1528655918901.jpg (322x240, 17K)

Attached: 2871913.jpg (300x300, 22K)

last time my country need aid, the Russians bore the grunt of the shit whilst you decided to bomb the nips.

>we
lol

try looking into German cars bro

If your idea of being manly is constantly grabbing a hard stick with a big head, like constantly jerking it... I've got bad news fo ya bub.

It's getting more and more difficult to find them in the US.

Yes, Manual is fun but if your goal is pure performance go Auto, DSG or similar

Attached: 20190303_135757-01.jpg (4029x2267, 1.51M)

are you scared? scared of stalling the car? if you be stallin' your new name is Comrade Stalin

cuz you can't drive stick

you be Stalin

Attached: this is you.jpg (196x257, 7K)

>constantly grabbing a hard stick with a big head, like constantly jerking it is gay
I take it you don't own guns, then.

I do drive a manual, in my car.

But I also have an automatic truck because it's really hard to find a manual truck, and it's not fast enough, or gas efficient enough for me to actually benefit from shifting it manually anyways. The only real reason I ever wish it were manual is when I get stuck.

>operating a gear box is homosexual
you gotta one helluva deep closet repressed faggot gayer than rainbow concentrate to actually believe that shit.

If you take pride in being able to do something that a good percentage of 14-year-olds on this plant can do then you are a sad human being.

I've never understood why it's considered manly to drive stick. Unless you're driving a 20 year old car, it's not going to be any faster. If you have a car that's slow as an automatic, it's going to be slow as a standard too.

Attached: thumb.gif (24x20, 27K)

I don't know what plant you're from, bro..

Man, that's a 19 kilobyte image. It has a lower resolution than the 3ds. How then fuck am I supposed to read anything off of it?

He only fiddle's his grandpa's shriveled dick

Well consider the company you are with.

Because g37xs is expensive af for a manual

I do faggot

Earth. Keep congratulating yourself for being able to drive a car with a standard transmission, you are truly hard-core for doing that thing that my 15yo niece can do in her Kia.

fuk u
figt me irl
imma nibble ur nipple

kæk

Shut the fuck up, you FUCKING GAS STATIONFAGGOT, I BET YOU SUCK DICK AT EVERY GAS STATION STOP.

Stick shift Master race reporting in, keep up the good work.

Everything. I mean EVERYTHING you have ever cherished in your short, spoiled life has been in my truck. Even things that travel by rail need to get from the rail yard to the warehouse to you somehow.

You should be doing EVERYTHING in your power to yield to me, to help me, to give way to me.

I owned everything you have for a while. I cared for it, protected it, even loved it.

I am the sheppard of your world.

durr hurr newspaper said so so it must be true durr hurr fuck off retard soy cuck

Attached: 1554463878608.jpg (550x550, 62K)

Earth is not a plant, brah bruh breh.

If I am on a steep hill I barely roll back a centimeter faggot learn to drive you underage soy cuck

>Everything. I mean EVERYTHING you have ever cherished in your short, spoiled life has been in my truck
has mukipz been in your truck?
i liek mudkipz

Because with an Automatic I have one hand free to jack as i drive

reporting in

poetry, truck brah.. that there is poetry.

not if you know how to drive.

For the same reason I don’t send letters through the mail.

Wow, who hURT yuo sweaty?

Some of us are serious about our role in society. The gravity of 80,000 pounds + 65 mph can quickly cause death.

I've woken the sleeping dragon. I never will again. Shit's straight nightmare.

yUoR mOm diD wiTh hEr biG bLaCk cOcK

.. and don't call me sweaty, I just showered ffs come on, bro.

keep truckin'

Bitch I drive an 18 speed semi truck, don't even pretend to be on my level.

>2k19
>jerking gear shifter

Nothing to brag about. The only people on "your level" are other mouth-breathing inbreds.

Btw, I hope you've got a plan for when your mind-numbing job becomes automated in the next 15 years...

If you are proud of yourself for being able to drive a vehicle with a stick shift then you are one sorry, pathetic sad sack.

yeah sure, let me just mortgage my house, get a second job and go into debt for an incredibly over-priced European vehicle.

Maybe, until they are having wrecks left and right, breaking down, getting hacked by thieves stealing everything or by terrorist putting bombs on them.

Maybe in 150 years it would be completely automated, but any robotic semis right now would require a physical human behind the wheel.

Cause I'm not an overcompensating retard.

Unless you race professionally, there's no reason to drive a stick.

Or do you just like having a dick analogue to grab on to?

I do drive manual. A big thing that made me learn was that my gf drove a 92 ranger 5 speed.

Idk why but I didn’t like that feeling that I was driving a 02 automatic cavalier and she was using stick. So now I drive a stick and she drives a automatic lol

I can't WAIT to see the results of an autonomous vehicle putting chains on in a blizzard that brings 98" of snow in a 12 hour period!

So many variables requiring hands-on expertise in the logistics field!

I don't even drive a manly car. I drive a 1.4 liter economy sedan that maxes out at 160 horses WITH the turbo. But I still made sure it had a manual transmission.

Attached: Car-Gear-Head-Shift-Car-Gear-Handball-6-Speed-5-Speed-for-Chevrolet-Cruze-Aveo-Mine[1].jpg (800x800, 75K)

Active Yea Forums server:
discord
[dl]-I-I8I-I-[lb]
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 8.jpg (564x567, 103K)

It's not overcompensating, it's just manly. Go back to your pussy macbook iphone tranny thread about gay rights or whatever.

At first there will be attendants whose job it is to drive out and install/remove chains for a winter pass. This will still be a more cost-effective option than having a passenger in each self-driving truck to perform such tasks.

As technology improves there will be an on-board system to deploy tire chains in a matter of minutes. Just because you can't imagine this being the future of your industry doesn't change the inevitability, and MUCH more soon than 150 years

Got my 6spd last year, and its everything I wanted in a car. That being said, I drove my mom's new car back from the dealer 6 months ago, and the 8spd clutchless manual mode is fucking nice.
I like the clutch because nobody else can fucking drive the thing. Folks wont borrow it, and none of my friends can even start it.

millennial

So UP or BNSF pull up beside your local Walmart? Fucktard

Attached: 1548815276622.jpg (762x960, 49K)

discord
X1]-X)9(X-[1X
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 9.jpg (480x480, 39K)

Correct. And not all automatic transmissions are equal. You have DSG/DCT which use two clutches or you have CVT which can be faster if tuned correctly.

Cuz I have a sick sound system. Cooled seats. and my girl sucks me off while I drive my automatic shifting car.

Fuck You faggot

Attached: BC747200-8276-4E87-A1E6-6AFAB7761040.jpg (402x302, 32K)

Thinking manual transmission makes you corner better. Ok you retard strong mongoloid mother fucker

Correct. They suck so much on hills that manual cars actually engage your brakes for you on hills now.

Don't make sense. All the mongs in this thread probably think plants crave electrolytes.

Automatics in UK within the low/ mid market bracket cars £15k - £22k are pretty shit.
They're usually at least 1 second slower 0-60 and less efficient, sacrificing about 5mpg.
Also tend to be jerky in slow traffic and cling to shorter gears too long when cruising at 60+mph.

Here's the auto version of a standard mini SUV for example.

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-071128.jpg (1080x1920, 222K)

And it's manual equivalent.

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-071243.jpg (1080x1920, 223K)