TLDR: It tastes bad, thoughts?

TLDR: It tastes bad, thoughts?

I saw this hipster product at the store today and decided to try it out. It was 2 Canadian dollars for 500ml. It tasted like licking water of a newspaper and I won't buy it again. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this abomination of a beverage?

Attached: 1_KVCIwGK8R0wEQpbun-twMw.jpg (2600x1917, 440K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/crazedh/love-for-you-homie-crazed-h-ft-noah-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does it exist?

Hippies probably

I've seen it before, never tried it. I do wonder about the plastic bottle being bad for you, they can get a bit of a taste too - especially after being in a hot car or something. Probably some truth to that soyboy meme.

I think it exists because they promote it as being better for the environment because it's made of paper instead of plastic. However, I believe that it's just a big marketing strategy to get people to buy it.

its bottled water that uses paper instead of plastic. special people think their helping the environment by not using plastic bottles which holds a degree of truth but switching from one bottle source to another isn't going to help anything really.

ive had it and it doesn't taste any different than bottled mineral water. OP is likely imagining the taste because he expects it to taste different. Unless he's Canadian or euro he's had milk out of a carton for years without issue

Yeah, you make a good point about warm bottled water tasting bad, and come to think of it the design of it is probably more efficient for shipping.

Well the ironic part is that it has a twist cap, which is obviously plastic. But it undoubtedly tastes worse in cartons than bottles.

the shit i had didn't use a twist top. It just opened the milk carton way. It shouldn't taste worse as there's nothing else in it but people taste differently i guess.

ive given people water in a glass bottle and can with them claiming it tasted dramatically different but they were both literally dasani water

This seems completely retarded

You ever see those photos of that part of the ocean where all the straws and bottles are?

Huh, that's strange. Also, I think you're right about water having a pretty ambiguous flavor overall.

This man drinks carton water

Attached: ed.jpg (467x658, 40K)

Yeah, it's an entire island right?

the great pacific gyre patch yeah. Switching from one source to another on anything never ends well.

If you want to help the environment don't buy bottled water and just get a kelly kettle or a filtering system.

If you want to fix all the current shit then find a cheap money making way to clean and you'll be a green millionaire

Good advice. How do people that make green solutions make money though?
I would assume it's mostly through the government investing in them.

Yeah, there are millions of tons of plastic put into the ocean every year. I'm not a huge tree hugger or anything but it is pretty sad.

I generally drink out of the tap, but my water source is pretty decent. People who live in some of the places with gross water I understand why they drink more bottled.

it can be through the govt but if you find a way to sell peoples garbage back to them you'll always come out on top.

fashion and trendy shit always seems to be the biggest money maker. I remember a few years ago some lady making good money selling purses and wallets made out of old bill board material. start a company recycling plastic- call it black women owned- gather beach garbage and turn it into jewelry and shitty furniture- something like that

Yeah, I wonder where most of the garbage in the ocean comes from. Is it mostly big companies littering, government waste management programs, or mostly an accumulation of individuals throwing their garbage into the ocean.

ive lived overseas for way too long to drink out of the tap anymore. Also when i lived in NC i stopped trying to drink the tap water after i cleaned the aerators of the house i was renting. I know a chunk of limescale or flake of metal won't hurt me but still

Neat idea, makes sense too, It's not like there is any shortage of garbage to recycle. It seems like a really positive type of business. A business that cleans the world.

No, people like to say it's an island because it's a nice picture to spur on a cause. It's just a shitload of plastic all over the place really, some places have more than others because of currents. Go down to any beach and start counting the plastic.

trash dumping in the ocean is mostly done by large cities near the ocean and international dumping regulations or lack therof as well as developing countries mostly in asia.

theres not a whole lot you can do to get people to stop though so fixing the problem after the fact should be the main goal.

You can use a Brita to filter your tap water.

can someone post pictures of the trash island?

Interesting, so the solution shouldn't be to end littering, but rather find a way to manage / recycle waste.

I think this is it

Attached: _105884697_carolinepowertrashisland.jpg (912x513, 78K)

YEESH

Google says "The Great Pacific Garbage Patch (GPGP) is the largest of the five offshore plastic accumulation zones in the world's oceans. It is located halfway between Hawaii and California."

wow

I got it for free once in a mall tasted like tap water from the toilet

Just drink water out of your faucet

Thanks India and China

pretty much get people to want to buy their own waste and your getting your 2 birds with one stone. It just takes a salesman or designer more capable than I to make it work.

you have to replace the brita filters too often and that shit is expensive. Theres some small business filter systems that have cleanable filters but the reason people don't like them is because they aren't beautiful looking and DO require maintenance

people are lazy as shit

Amen!

that reminds me of what I think the solution to bullying is. Stop trying to campaign to end bullying, teach kids instead how to deal with bullying. Similarly, stop trying to get people to stop littering, make solutions for the aftermath because most people don't give two shits aside from tree hugging hippies

I absolutely agree

cant wait for bagged water

Attached: 1554600299514.jpg (236x230, 10K)

I work in a job where I teach kids and it's fucking stupid to think telling anyone to stop doing anything works. Sometimes you can make them want to stop by making them think it's their own idea, but other than that, not everyone is going to listen. Deal with the aftermath, if we could fix the source, it would've been done already.

Bagged water >>>>> bagged milk

Attached: ALEXJONES.png (1205x1111, 729K)

this is why a lot of schools and parents in flyover country teach their kids self defense and/or just fight back and accept the consequences.

i got bullied in HS for being short and poor but it only really taught me a couple of things. The first is that most people can't really fight its all just swinging wild. the second is that people eventually grow out of bullying unless something stops them from growing up which is happening more and more often now.

Is it more expensive than bottled water? I can get a 32 pack of 16oz bottles for $3. Never saw a "healthy" or "environmental" product that was actually cheaper than its counterpart. Companies put organic on the wrapper so they can charge $2 more.

So Canadians put their milk in bags and water in boxes?

it already exists. similar to canned water its normally used for survival or national disaster recovery use.

and their morons in office

yeah there's that, but I'm talking more like emotional bullying. I seriously doubt that anyone thinks those "stop bullying" posters actually work. I think they just lack a solution. Part of my job is helping kids deal with bullying and the social aspect of school. And goddamn, you know shit's fucked whenever you have a second grader telling you cheerfully about how her daddy killed someone. I know that isn't bullying but.. ugh.

anyways, the point is that the only thing you can really do for kids is to show them their own self worth, help them learn to deflect people's words, and to teach them ways to cope with it all. And I think that goes for everyone in life too.

>I saw this hipster product at the store today and decided to try it out

good job faggot

Attached: consumerism-beginners.jpg (301x300, 51K)

because retards like OP will buy it

technically everything on earth is organic. sulfur is organic. Lead is organic but people don't want it run through them

organic is just a retarded term that people came up with to counter Genetically Modified Organic which in itself has helped more people than its harmed. BUT it has harmed

Plastic is soy

Attached: 1548429566143.jpg (750x750, 39K)

>technically everything on earth is organic. sulfur is organic

Organic has a shitload of meanings that are constantly conflated.

agreed. my grandmother buys ALL of that shit

the issue is pretty much what you pointed out. Not all people are equipped with the tools to handle someone else's emotional baggage because they can't even take care of their own.

Shit i think one of the simplest things i ever told a little boy was if he wanted to be like goku he had to train like him by working out every day. Shit set a fire in his mind and 14 years later he's yoked and teaching others

its catered to the feminine mind of "feel good about it by covering it up"

not all plastics are soy based. petrochem plastics are oil based

are you doing inception on children, mate? that is immoral

I think instead of anti-bullying campaigns, we should teach kids the basic principles of emotional awareness and self esteem.

what

nigger

soundcloud.com/crazedh/love-for-you-homie-crazed-h-ft-noah-1

you mean instead of convoluted theories on gender spectrum and sex?

teaching kids to be emotionally stable and good people doesn't make certain people money. stable people don't buy shitloads of pharmaceuticals or vote certain people into power so they can depend on govt.

never mind. i suppose you havent seen the movie, inception

>Boxed water
People actually buy this shit? Lmfao

yep =_=

nope =_=

well it's what i do for a living. just unfortunate that it can't be on the scale of entire school systems. But we need the economy to go round lol. things are working just fine, i'll just sit and watch :)

Makes me think i should start selling something completely useless and because it has good intention behind it people will buy it and make me wealthy. paper trash bags! it might just be that fucking easy. side note something about plastic bottles and anything not shipped refrigerated is that in the shipping process shit gets HOT that means tainted water that you think is fine because its now inside a store.

Attached: 1454778106215.jpg (644x485, 46K)

probably

dont worry once you see them paying thousands of dollars to be unlearned and turned into a husk of what you expected them to be you'll realize what its all worth

then again a few of those kids will manage to make it to shore all limbs and mind intact and will spread your influence.

its depressing but every few years you'll see them

you can freeze water and ship it frozen without damaging your product

Although a funny fact in every other state in the US you can spill water on a public road and only be fined for littering but in california you get hit with illegal disposition of chemicals and pollution

what

Modern warfare 2 lobbies were the BEST for this. Incredibly humbling

its illegal to spill dihydrogen monoxide in california and can land you in jail or a retardedly exorbitant fine

tell me more about what that is

what do you guys think of this doodle im working on

Attached: dragon.png (1000x1000, 483K)

Frozen water takes up more space. Would cost more to ship. Also the cartons might burst

I don't get it

idk, i thought it was like some big dragon alien thing with a big claw and a lot of foreshortening. not a lot of effort was put into it.

show me any company that ships frozen water bottles honestly wtf are you even on about get some rest go to sleep.

big gay

>brewerage
Its just water m8

>buying a hipster product

Attached: Paul-Tripp-Headshot2.jpg (229x300, 11K)

>you have to replace the brita filters too often and that shit is expensive

I have a Pur filter on my tap and i replace that shit every 2 months. I can get 3 filters for like $25, so you think it's cheaper buying water than spending $25 for 6 months of clean tap water?

cheaper buying a filter that doesn't require more money every 2 months