What religion or moral system is best to follow? Or should one become amoral or even satanic...

What religion or moral system is best to follow? Or should one become amoral or even satanic? Show me da wae please Yea Forums

Attached: 1554422777269.png (710x760, 766K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
wisdomofchopra.com/
youtu.be/RS_gMkGoHMs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism
plato.stanford.edu/entries/atheism-agnosticism/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do what's best for yourself.

I'd go Buddhist I used to know a guy who followed his system looked like it did him good, amoral might make you feel a bit empty

Jack off until ur benis falls off, then eat it, then die.
Only way to achieve nirvana

Read Human, All Too Human by Nietzsche

Theism is gay.
Just be a "good person."
three principles I like to use are
Least Harm
Respect for Autonomy
Justice

Utilitarianism.
Change my mind.

Secular humanism yo.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. There you go. You just learned pretty much all you need to know about morality.

This, read more Op

Plato's Euthyphro: Religion nullifies morality by definition. Religion implies submission to the designs of the top powerful divinity, therefore, the moral realm is eliminated. Morality is the realm of knowledge of good and evil, of right and wrong, but this knowledge is eliminated in religion to limit itself to studying what divinity wants or does not want at each moment. If the divinity orders that it is necessary to kill children then it is necessary to kill children and it is considered that killing children is fine. Morality has nothing to do with this.

secular humanism you slack jawed baboon. it's not the dark ages anymore

Attached: 5.jpg (720x487, 56K)

This really. Buddhist and taoist understandings.
In the simplistic way buddhist way is karma do bad bad happens to you, do good, good happens to you. In the more depth of the concept, there is no actual good or bad, these are delusional concepts, there are just actions and effects they cause. Try to cause only positive results by having a correct motivation, while keeping in mind that you and others are nothing other than subjective perception of the ultimate. Hurting others hurts you ect.

It's both incredibly complex and simple at the same time. From my own studies the intricacies of karma is the only one of buddhas teachings we have to take on faith. Henious actions ect.

No one cares if you're gay mate

utilitarianism is a way of achieving goals, you still need to define your values doy

gtfo, Kantianism ftw

yep some yuppie white people shit right there.
a. karma is a magic force that determines how you'll reincarnate, aka buddhism is bullshit
b. bad people get away with bad shit and good people suffer for doing good shit. life isn't magically fair. you have to do good because you want to not because magic will reward you for it

Fuck off christ fag.
Does tht mean it is perfectly ethically moral to travel the world and chop down every tree, ultimately killing all life on the surface of the world but im not treating anyone at all only chopping trees down.

Satanism has more morality over all plus you get to celebrate your birthday as a holiday.

>Fuck off christ fag.
>actually thinks reciprocal altruism was invented by christians rather than borrowed like everything else

Attached: 46-Mary-is-Concieved.jpg (403x403, 45K)

Use the Force.

>plus you get to celebrate your birthday as a holiday.
so like the vast majority of people but edgier and more rebellious

>implying that you have to be a prick unless you're in a cult.

Christianity, its quite broad in terms of sects but the general teachings of Jesus are good, such as the golden rule, and forgivness of sin.

Not a Christfag, you fedoracunt. See: If everyone lived by that simple maxim, the world would undoubtedly be a more peaceful place.

mangling the dangles of all the babies and fuck the gays you die and rot in hell if his pee pee do this thing it wants to do to your butthole love me unconstitutionally with conditions, no buttsex in heaven

Try hermetic mysticism. It's very interesting and enlightening. You could start with anything from the Golden Dawn or OTO.

Karma isn't what those hippy fucks think it is. It's a universal law, like physical laws.
People think theee is "real life" karma, but it's vastly more complicated than that and results of actions we create in this life may never fruition in this life, in fact it may take many lifetimes to fruit.
Our bodies we inhabit are based on our karma, our human condition, being born in this world, this realm, social status, wealth defects ect are all results of karma from past actions.
Actions are of body, speech and mind too.
Just as physical laws, like the butterfly effect where our physical actions can contribute to large effects, our thoughts create an energy that doesn't dissipate but transforms and creates future effects.

Again it's very complex and simultaneously simple.
Personally I made peace with it quite early into my study and practice as it's not really something we need to concern ourselves with unless we are increasingly degenerate.

Active Yea Forums server:
discord
[dl]-I-I19I-I-[lb]
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 19.jpg (790x800, 62K)

Guys we got a thuamaturge

Luke 6:31

stoicism
I like Christianism tou

Attached: marcus-aurelius-2.jpg (870x575, 133K)

Shut up, dork

Attached: SS-2016-12-20-at-12-55-04-resize-800x1009-585956df8b7ed.jpg (800x1009, 617K)

Hedonism with a smidge of a moral compass

You're an idiot. Yes, that idea is contained in the bible, but it's hardly a unique feature.

Secular morality wins against any god, it's so much father advanced than the traditional morality of religion

Think about fundamentally basic things. What would normally allow you to survive and flourish in social groups?

Do you think fairness is good?
Do you think human well-being is good?
How about not denying basic human rights?

Forget the deities, they are immoral thugs and hypocrites.

>blindly picking a set of rules to follow
you're thinking about it all wrong

follow your own rules and beliefs and then find a system that loosely resembles it, then half-ass following that religion.
every religion carries pretty much the same message (ie: try not to be a cunt).

End of the day, just be Shinto Buddhist. You dont have to do anything, respect for nature/ancestors, try not to be a cunt and you get a week off in August and over New Year's.

It doesn't take too much inquiry to realize that nothing leaves this "thing" we are in, things just transform and change shape.
Your grandparents bodies fertilizes the ground that your food grows you use to sustain your life... It's the cyclic existence.
Why would there be any difference with our "soul", our thoughts, our actions. It is just the nature of this thing we're in.
Everything is impermanent, in a constant flux and is both being affected by and affecting everything else.

One of those should do it

Attached: cinta-de-munico-762-decorativa-D_NQ_NP_835592-MLB28025119608_082018-F.jpg (800x800, 124K)

OP you can try Zorastrianism, the true first monotheistic religion
>Humata, Hukhta, Huvarshta, which mean: Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds.
>There is only one path and that is the path of Truth.
>Do the right thing because it is the right thing to do, and then all beneficial rewards will come to you also.

Attached: zoroastrianism1.png (400x300, 20K)

>forgivness of sin.
invent a made up sickness so they can sell you the cure

I am not worshiping a light bulb company

wisdomofchopra.com/

Attached: 1271904733873.jpg (384x396, 34K)

Attached: 48-Bedtime-CHristian-Readind.jpg (497x575, 204K)

Had to look that up,

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.

ok, dont remember that from sunday school

epicurus did it better

Attached: HQTx0i8.jpg (1920x1080, 612K)

coz if you dont the viscious old bastard will send the sand niggers round to kill you apparently

Attached: tumblr_me2eajg50V1qcjwm7o1_500.jpg (500x375, 34K)

Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces. Malachi 2:3

One should look deep inside one's self and accept who they are, what they believe in, what they will fight and die for. If you answer these questions honestly then you will find your path.

If you're at this point, just go amoral.
It will make you feel empty, but we are all empty anyway. Sone folks try to feel complete adhering to morals, others by earthly possessions, others by ambition, knowledge, or whatever. No difference, all is giving something more value than it has, then devoting yourself to it to escape the emptiness inside.
Might as well admit it.

sounds like you're going out of your way to be a sadsack pseudointellectual. might as well just go with basic human instinct at that point, aka normal moral behavior people do everyday without philosophizing

Taoism. That is all. It's the Golden Rule in a nutshell.

There are people on Yea Forums who would probably pay for that you know

Attached: 1260818274326.gif (600x600, 87K)

Taoist is that getting closer to the tao we increasingly become more compassionate, loving, kind ect, because that is our true nature.

"Simplicity, patience, compassion.
These three are your greatest treasures.
Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being.
Patient with both friends and enemies,
you accord with the way things are.
Compassionate toward yourself,
you reconcile all beings in the world"

I'm a full blown atheist, I don't even believe in faith, destiny, afterlife, forces, karma or any spiritual stuff whatsoever but I wish I would, it sounds so fucking amazing having something beyond this chaos, I really want to have something to change my mind overnight and make me into a spiritual person. I know so many evangelists and they all talk about their encounters with christ, and how amazing they are and I've been attending the same places, go to the same talks and see the same stuff but I just don't feel any of that.
I really try my hardest to let go but I just don't fell anything at all.

Christian , follow the new testament, be like jesus.
close thread

Attached: 1537211923949.jpg (500x579, 32K)

>I really want to have something to change my mind overnight and make me into a spiritual person
>i wish i could delude myself into believing in magic and fate so i wouldn't have to find wonder in reality and choose my own purpose in life

Have a near life experience

Attached: Promotional-Photoshoot-tyler-durden-26310856-637-805.jpg (637x805, 156K)

And get nailed to a cross, errrr no thx

Attached: 1262728213905.jpg (396x393, 22K)

Christianity. Jesus is your Lord and Savior.

you mean gestation? i dun gestated dude i'm alive now. it's pretty sweet overall but then again i don't have a chemical imbalance in my brain that causes depression

A lot of this spot on in my opinion. What can really sneak up on you is karma from a previous life. Almost no one will ever see it coming. You know the saying "Karma is a bitch". But you are right, it's best not to worry about it because no one knows what their actions were in previous lives..

Yes and yes.

>What can really sneak up on you is karma from a previous life. Almost no one will ever see it coming.
that's how pretend magic forces work. like when the floor is hot lava but mom and dad act like they can't see it. but yeah actually the karma just determines how you reincarnate it doesn't punish you all the time forever

I supposedly do, the I realised depression was a natural sane response to a fucked up world, now I embrace the insanity of the world secure in my knowledge that worrying about it is as futile as life itself. Soon I will be dead and in 100 years so will everyone else reading this, nothing will have changed nothing any one here has said or done will matter, so fuck it, just watch the world go by and laugh at it

My spiritual development came with not being able to make sense with this world. I see how our lives are just geared towards doing shit we don't want to do for money when everything in this world is free and no one owns anything anyway. On top of that, the human race is going nowhere at all. It's backwards, it doesn't make sense.

Specifically for me, I was born into non strict christian morality but my mother lost her faith when my sister was raped and murdered. I was 7.
I questioned the bible at even a young age adam/eve, thou shall not commit incest contradiction ect.
Through my younger life I had had things happen, which I didn't know at the time were jhana meditations, periods of experiencing ultimate truths.
At 17 I started getting into kung fu, this led to chi gong, meditation, philosophy, religion starting with christianity, then islam, then I found the tao te ching which made sense to me, then the dharma.
The road to ones path isn't so straightforward, but to quote bible "seek and ye shall find"
Try to find the answers to the deeper questions that most people never even question because of brainletness.

Another thing, my teacher taught me suffering is often a springboard for spiritual questioning. So when you experience serious suffering, death, debilitating illness ect, you may need to soul search and seek help.

>I supposedly do, the I realised depression was a natural sane response to a fucked up world
take your medication and get involved in activism. if you're going to bitch you might as well do something about it instead of crying and pretending it's profound to do so

You really dont get it do you, none of your fucked up "activism" is ever going to achieve anything, your life is a temporary condition and then nothing so anything you do is futile

Not the guy you responded to, but
Why should anyone care? Everything is pointless, what can be more liberating, do whatever you want and believe whatever you want, it doesn't matter in the end.
Sure seems better that wallowing in your misery.

>satanic

Passion. Will. Self. Heat in the blood. Fire in the heart. All that makes you human. Love, hate, joy, fury. The primal thing you were meant to be. Delusions cast aside, only honesty

Anything else is something less. Why be a slave? Why deny the only things that matter?

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are enslavement to nothingness. Buddhism is the hollowing and destruction of the soul and the self. Hinduism is a weird joke. Everything else is nothing.

It has always been a part of you, down in the thick dark crimson. Find it

Attached: 1523305613938.jpg (201x251, 12K)

>no one knows what their actions were in previous lives
Actually this isn't true. Do you know of the wheel of sharp weapons by dharmarashita?
We can see our past actions from present effects. If we are poor, it is because we never gave charity, if we are ugly it is because we didn't practice morality, if we have proclivities to kill, steal ect it is because we are familiar with it. Look at the people who just enjoy killing animals, hunting or go fishing for fun, not even for sustenance, most likely because they were hunters in previous lives.
Then there is the real big problem and it's action, the grasping of a self that keeps us in bondage of samsara.
Really all we need to do is conquer our own personal morality issues, create only positive actions with a loving mind and focus on freeing ourselves. All the rest of the depth of karma is out of our control.

>none of your fucked up "activism" is ever going to achieve anything
>pretend history never happened my narcissistic life is the full span of time

Attached: 50123a29e8.jpg (750x503, 81K)

Seeker of truth
follow no path.
All paths lead
where truth is here.
– E. E. Cummings

>when being an atheist isn't edgy enough to get you attention

Real monks iron their robes.

>karma just determines how you reincarnate it doesn't punish you all the time forever
Actually everything is karma. The reason you see the sky as blue and the grass as green is because of karma. It is a universal law, how existence functions. Maybe you should try to study it to grasp the concept intellectually.

>If we are poor, it is because we never gave charity
actually it's probably because your parents are poor
>if we are ugly it is because we didn't practice morality
actually it's probably because your parents are ugly

Ahura-Mazda?

Literally no one irl knows this about me

Sorry about your timidity, half-human, but fear does dominate most

>The reason you see the sky as blue and the grass as green is because of karma.
so it's a magic force that gets you out of having to actually understand the causes behind things. sounds way easier than figuring things out in reality. if it explains everything it explains nothing

so in order to believe I have to suffer?
That doesn't seems fair. Are most believers aware of this? and do you think suffering affected your judgement in any way while seeking for answers?

>Sorry about your timidity, half-human
i'm timid because i'm open and honest about the fact i'm an atheist but you're a full courageous human for mental masturbation about how great getting laid and taking a shit are

If you're asking this question it means that you're not ready. The spiritual truth will come to you though mental anguish.

Attached: 1551397710607.jpg (680x510, 29K)

Anonism is the way.

Give me all your money and any good looking women you have control over, In return I will blast your soul because you were not supposed to be looking for a reward

be catholic OP

>mental masturbation about how great getting laid and taking a shit are

Among other things, sillyboi

Attached: 1552091054607.jpg (900x581, 78K)

stoicism

Attached: manlyman.png (621x619, 337K)

youtu.be/RS_gMkGoHMs

>In the simplistic way buddhist way is karma do bad bad happens to you, do good, good happens to you.

That's Hinduism, not Buddhism.

Attached: cealo.jpg (250x237, 17K)

seems like a catch 22 to me
i can disprove you if I have suffered enough but I can't disprove you because I'll never know how much you really did
So how do I know if I'm right or wrong?

Attached: 1360336625247.png (3327x4418, 1.74M)

don't join a religion. religion is stupid.

The sky is blue because of rayleigh scattering. The reason grass is green is chlorophyll.

Your hippy bullshit is intellectual laziness.

Attached: gods.jpg (2126x1397, 741K)

I get the sense that we never left the dark ages.

You misunderstand.
Why would you be born into a poor family, with sight, with no color blindness and in an ugly body.
Then there is some chad born into wealth. The only difference between you are conditions, conditions brought about by effects of previous actions.
A universal law that works independently of you. Just as gravity doesn't care if you believe in it or understand it at all, it still functions, like karma, remember gravity didn't "exist" until newton "discovered"
I would like to point out that buddha explained atoms, over 2000 years before machines were created to observe them. This is something that you would believe in existing despite never being able to experience it with any of your senses...

>so in order to believe I have to suffer?
Life is suffering. There is manifest suffering like physical pain, then there is the innate suffering, nothing is permanent, we are constantly decaying all our efforts are pointless and in vein, everything and everone we love will leave us.
Just of course most people don't understand these things, well because their thinking is done for them by (((TV, media, governments))) ect.

My life has been full of suffering, more than the average person, and yes it influenced my development. My path was more a haphazard fortunate path from misfortune. I was actually preparing to join the military as it was my only way out of the shit life I had been given, which is where I got intrests that led me to religion and philosophy. Then I became very unwell and had serious personal family issues which did springboard me into being a devout religious person. I eventually moved into a buddhist monastery in my early 20s and being a devout practitioner until my 30s.

Spiritual seeking of the truth is actually a joyful path as it is the only worthwhile thing to do in this life, but it doesn't pay well or translate well to society. There aren't many professions or help for devout spiritual seekers.

literally a brainlet

>I would like to point out that buddha explained atoms
>over 2000 years before machines were created to observe them
So did his contemporaries.

>thinking is done for them by (((TV, media, governments)))
>devout religious person
Shiggy diggy.

I believe the world should live under christ. Words and verses provide great wisdom on the man and women are needed to be in order for humanity to achieve access to heaven. If the world could completely convert and be involved with Christianity, the world would be a much more cooperative place.

Its a simplistic way of seeing karma that most normies believe, but it is more intricate.
Karma is vedic, it's not specifically a buddhist concept, same for samsara. All buddha brought to the table was the 4 noble truths, 8fold path, middle way and then by buddhists the perfection of wisdom. Buddhist tantras came after.

If the world could completely convert and be involved with Communism, the world would also be a much more cooperative place.

Dipshit.

Agnostic is pretty much atheism but you aren't a dick to everyone who isn't in the club

>Just as gravity doesn't care if you believe in it or understand it at all, it still functions, like karma, remember gravity didn't "exist" until newton "discovered"

not the same at all

I can drop an object and observe gravity. There is zero evidence that karma is real.

Attached: crow.gif (400x299, 1.92M)

yes! now youre getting it

I followed Satanism for a good few years. Found a better home in westernized Zen buddhism. Check out the book: «Why buddhism is true».

If it’s not for you that’s fine.
Breath in, relax, You’re here now and in the future none of us will be so enjoy the moment.

Ignore reality in the name of superstitions. Typical christfuck.

Attached: 1528658644487.png (550x543, 50K)

I was staring into the abyss the other day. Contemplating the problem of existence and I realized. In the beginning there was nothing. Then nothingness resolved itself into something else. I am part of that something else, but it is still in the imagine of nothingness am I constructed. I stared into the abyss and realized I am an abyss onto myself.

Nothing is all that exists.
Everything is nothing.
Nothing is everything.
Worship nothing.

Attached: E13E4064-2914-4431-824A-20F1A9F172E3.jpg (453x640, 34K)

>The sky is blue because of rayleigh scattering. The reason grass is green is chlorophyll.
This is brainlet tier.
the sky is blue because you have been born into a body that has optical senses and the right conditions allow for you to see the color blue in the sky.
Why were you born a human, not a worm who has no optics...

And where are they now? Dead thats where and the world keeps spinning and not a fuck does it give

>Why were you born a human, not a worm who has no optics...

Because my parents were human, not worms.

Attached: 1348580780712.jpg (489x400, 43K)

And if the human race went extinct the world would be an even better place

Do you have a point or are you just reeeing because I called you lazy?

Attached: 1348580748009.jpg (484x363, 19K)

See. I believe life is empty and meaningless. Do you know what that means? My life is a blank canvas. An empty book in which I can write whatever I want. I am free to do whatever I please because I am not burned by belief as you are. You have a soul. That means your actions are eternal. Your mistakes will hang on your consciousness forever. I am not eternal. I am finite. I am going to stop existing one day and that makes every day I do exist that much sweeter.

Attached: 620575E9-26E2-4A09-BA28-67468C272A03.jpg (640x792, 487K)

>Spiritual seeking of the truth is actually a joyful path
I don't see anything joyful about what you just said. Seems like religion has nothing to do with a deity or dogmas and more about each personal path towards and out of suffering, I mean I couldn't be involved in something so important like a religion without having doubts about my own environment having an influence in my decision, how is that you can be so sure about it if the foundations of your believes was the environment you grew up with? I mean, you can see the bigger picture, right?

calm down Mega-Hitler.

Attached: Hank.png (225x225, 57K)

Go with stoicism, it’s based on logic and reason and is in fact not a religion but a philosophy

i like you user

Attached: smiles.gif (236x177, 1.21M)

This is a brainlet tier reply. The sky will consist of a certain wavelength regardless of whether or not a worm has eyes. The phenomenon causing the appearance to our human eyes is more important to the sky being a color, than the existence of our human eyes.

Just pointing out the utter futility of human existence

Human existence is only futile when you try to identify the group as an individual.

>Just pointing out the utter futility of human existence

Welcome to the first step of becoming an actualized human. Now that you've realized this fact. What do you do with your life?

Attached: circle of life.jpg (974x908, 112K)

>devout religious person
>Shiggy diggy.
You understand that buddhas teachings and taoist teachings are a litteral practice right? An actual science of the mind and inquiry into reality an the nature of existence.
It isn't some belief system like abrahamic religions. Like If I was that much of a brainlet I would have stuck with christianity.

Just one concept of sunyata in buddhism is brain pickling that can take decades of meditation to experience. This path isn't just some do as a book told me to do and I will be free. It's arduous and will take vast amounts of disciline, sacrifice over multiple lifetimes.

>You realize
Yes. That's not what I said though, is it.

>An actual science of the mind
Doubt.

nothing, just accept it in the sure and certain knowledge that is transcient and just something to be got through

I've always gone with Satanism "lite", the sumptuous aestheticism of the finer things in life to be had without hard work, the maximum freedom from the grinder of worshipping power-hungry freaks of nature and the moron hordes who believe in their divine right, with satire and irony unlimited except for the naturally beautiful.

>I can drop an object and observe gravity. There is zero evidence that karma is real.
Click your fingers... It makes a sound, actions have effects. It isn't some complex concept impossible to prove, in fact its quite simple that toddlers know actions have effects. What is the hard part is the intricacies of karma, something we cannot observe and the only of buddhas teachings we have to take on faith because we cannot observe all effects of every action.

>just something to be got through

Doesn't sound very enjoyable. Why not set yourself a goal and try an achieve it? You only get one life. What do you do with it?

Attached: ed norton.jpg (1600x900, 202K)

Karma is the hard part because karma does not exist. Faith precludes the scientific method.

>we have to take on faith

Exactly my point. There is no evidence. It's just something you believe because it makes you feel better.

Attached: wink.jpg (575x474, 22K)

Because something is beyond your understanding doesn’t mean you give it a fancy name and have faith about it’s mechanisims.

Cause and effect is real. Magic, god, karma, whatever you name it. Whatever you overcomplicate with faith and belief is fake.

Hell... the fact that we’re arguing about is existance is proof it’s not worth studying.

Nobody argues about the existance of gravity. We observe it’s effects and make predictions.

You can’t onserve karma. You can’t derive predictions from it’s study. So it’a a useless study.

Theism is big gay.

>how is that you can be so sure about it if the foundations of your believes was the environment you grew up with? I mean, you can see the bigger picture, right?
You mean environmental factors.
Well to put it a different way, If I was born into a billionaire playboy chad lifestyle I may have been too occupied looking for fulfillment in petty trinkets and sex to ever contemplate why I, why we, are imprisoned here and how the fuck do we get out. So yeah, environmental factors such as poverty and unstable home/family environment would have contributed to my development. Though, while none of my peers have had as much of a fucked up experience in life than me, they still have had fucked up lives too and none of them became as religious as me. One of my friends became into Egyptian conspiracy crap, but he got that from what was clearly (undiagnosed) drug induced psychosis. People just started to call him mad dominic..
Again, I was questioning the christianity at a very young age, It was one of my favourite subjects at school, I think religion was just my path in life. I have studied nearly all major religions. Though only buddhism and taoism in depth as It was the paths of wisdom rather than faith.

If you can’t make useful predictions with a course of study it is useless.

With the study of gravity we can predict how rockets will fly. We calculate flight paths and we travel the solar system.

The study of karma has zero useful predictive ability.

The study of god or all other religions serves no useful purpose.

Study something worthwhile. Stop looking for magic to heighten your mind.

Attached: FC6FA217-0FF2-41BF-972A-AEB6C04C8346.jpg (556x606, 53K)

>This is a brainlet tier reply
>doesn't understand the tree falls in the woods conundrum
Come on faggot.
You are talking about shit you cannot even understand let alone studied.

This again?

Solipsism is baby tier.

Attached: 1347920856032.gif (400x300, 1.88M)

>Doubt
Its not actually just a science of the mind it is THE only true science of the mind. The only person that can observe your mind is yourself, and with the laid out tools of a buddhist path you can find the answers to the questions that external sciences will never be able to answer.
Like for example, where is the mind, where is the self, how does the mind cognize, what are the factors of the mind, how do they cognize. The list goes on.
Psychiatry or psychology is pseudo-science and neuroscience is a science of the brain organ. They cannot even observe the mind at all with any sense, but you can with the 6 inner senses.
It's a very detailed 2300+ year old science of the mind.

it's the mental equivalent of running your hands all over your clothes when you're on ecstasy. cool sometimes but annoying if you made a "religion" out of it

>Its not actually just a science of the mind it is THE only true science of the mind
Doubt x2.

>with the laid out tools of a buddhist path you can find the answers to the questions that external sciences will never be able to answer
Doubt x3.

>where is the mind
Within the brain.
>where is the self
Within the brain.
>how does the mind cognize
The brain.
>what are the factors of the mind
Brain.
>how do they cognize
Brain function.

>Psychiatry or psychology is pseudo-science and neuroscience is a science of the brain organ
>neuroscience is a science of the brain organ
>They cannot even observe the mind at all with any sense
>neuroscience is a science of the brain organ
>cannot even observe the mind at all with any sense
>science of the brain organ
>any sense
>brain organ
>sense

Of course, but do you really think that's all it is? That is the very shallowest surface. Let's not be so simple.

It's not magic, it's cause and effect. I see it working all the time. People who do shit things end up having shit lives. You can see it in their faces, their places of living, their whining self pitying rationalizations.

Second, study of religion is an essential part of the study of human nature, self deception, political control and psychology. It's a huge part of what we are and how we got to this point. I mean I understand where you're coming from, but it's actually extremely useful to study this stuff (provided you keep a balanced and detached mind).

Attached: 1499342711577.jpg (536x536, 93K)

>I see it working all the time
>detached mind
Found the problem.

> I see it working all the time.

confirmation bias

yall niggas know you don't have to choose between happy delusion or self indulgent whining right. you can just chill out and enjoy life without believing in magic. if you're bummed about the world sucking than work to make it suck less for somebody else

Attached: 1553695253947.gif (500x712, 1009K)

>Does a human thing
>Criticizes others for doing a human thing
You're trying to evolve too fast, slow it down or else you'll only hurt your head in the long run.

seems like shit as well, what's so perfect about human consciousness that gives us the ability to truly know the universe around us?
we're a bunch of hairless apes that happened to develop a consciousness, this consciousnesses led to abstract thinking, this abstract thinking became knowledge and knowledge shapes the way we rationalize and tell what's either logical or not in order to create other abstractions.
we have so much faith in the way we think that I don't see an absolute truth or a way to obtain it, we just model our environment into small pieces we can understand better, but this same process of abstraction seem off to me, the universe doesn't work like that, the universe doesn't work in small abstract pieces that behave like human allegories.

Attached: 1551866973579.jpg (500x477, 65K)

>karma does not exist
>It's just something you believe
I just proved its simple understanding.
Throw a glass at a wall it smashes, so the action of throwing a glass, caused the effect of glass being smashe, cause and effect. What is the thing we have to take of faith is the INTRICACIES, do you know this word, pick up a dictionary.
So to elaborate, what action caused you to be born into a body that is able to pick up a glass, what action caused you to have a glass, what action led to the invention of glass and the building materials of your wall. List goes on.
These intracacies are out of pur ability yo percieve because we are limited to a human mind (with varying faculties) in an ordinary human condition. We are bound by physical laws ect. We cannot percieve time unlinear and we can only percieve our own full actions and effects from this life, from a certain age as when we gain memory.
There are too many variables so faith is the only way for us to understand the intricacies.
Similarly we all know the butterfly effect but dont know which fart we let out that caused the hurricane, because it's too intricate, yet we know our breath movements and farts can contribute to a hurricane.

It's absolute brainlet town here, these threads are normally full of more informed anons

Good arguments fellas, you're clearly on the same debating team

well in america positive test results can mean bankruptcy so their reticence is understandable

Attached: 1552740411363.png (1024x768, 741K)

>brain and mind are same phenomena
maybe you should get yourself a new brain, thus concept is beyond your mental ability.

>You're trying to evolve too fast
civilization is thousands of years old dipshit. people figured out magic wasn't real at least 15 years ago

Karma does not exist.

>Throw a glass at a wall it smashes
Not always. If it does get smashed, it's not because of karma.
>What is the thing we have to take of faith is the INTRICACIES
I do not require faith in entropy to witness or know that glass will shatter into smaller pieces with sufficient force.
>what action caused you to be born into a body that is able to pick up a glass
Not karma.
>what action caused you to have a glass
Not karma.
>what action led to the invention of glass and the building materials of your wall
Not karma.

>There are too many variables so faith is the only way for us to understand the intricacies
Never. There are too many variables; faith does not take those variables into consideration any more than failing to consider all variables does. There is no understanding. There is just rationalization.

Not an argument.

>thus concept
I choose to believe this. It is not that I cannot consider otherwise, I merely choose to hold a certain position. I have a number of ways to continue defending this position. No part of this position necessarily relies upon something that I cannot show you for yourself to consider.

I can't point to your personal experience as a thing. I can, however, point to a brain. I have never seen a living, thinking person without a brain. Connect the dots.

This, plus this: Whenever doing something to make it suck less for someone else, I do it without expecting gratitude. If they are grateful, fine, and if not, it's nothing to get bent out of shape about. Not everything in life is a transaction, and if it were, we'd all be too stupid to play for play's sake.

No. Lol. Shut up, nerd.

>Not an argument.

Lol and neither were either of the posts I was replying to. Why should I wear out my keyboards trying to convince dipshits who can't even reason on my level? It matters not the slightest bit to me. The truth remains the truth despite what anyone thinks.

>Second, study of religion is an essential part of the study of human nature,
I think this is something that the fedora atheists often disregard. Religion is a tool to help us make sense of this hostile environment we find ourselves in. This existence is extremely cruel, we are constantly dying and having to do all this shit to just survive, but for what purpose, then if we be honest, everything is uncertain, death is coming but it can come any time and we don't know where we will go or if we dissappear completely after it.
Religion is necessary for most of us to find some respite and even social bonding and refuge towards our combined plight.
Being ignorant of religions and edgy that its all crap, but without ever studying and practice it is just as retarded as radical religion or the people who try to shove it down our throat trying to convert us.

>Karma does not exist.
You simple minded fool. Karma is happening around you every second of everyday. Does it matter if you believe in gravity? Nope, it's still there. Think what you need to sleep at night user but, karma is a real, living force that you can not escape. Even if you denied it's real. You clueless bastatd.

>Lol and neither
That was the point. They were not arguments. Neither was your reply, but that wasn't the point. You implied they could've been arguments otherwise. Having to go over this again as if it were never apparent shows the level of attention to detail you're satisfied with mustering.

They were not arguments. There's no dispute regarding that. You agree.
> The truth remains the truth despite what anyone think
Correct.

>You simple minded fool
>karma is a real, living force that you can not escape
Gravity is a real, unliving force that you can escape. Karma does not exist.

And you expect to change the world miraculously by going to a predominantly edgy board full of people who believe they were screwed over by religion and spout out the same liquid shit as most of them?
Stop thinking you're some revolutionary because you make rick and morty references and hate people, fag. The population isn't going to change by you complaining and if you really have a problem with religion then move to a religious place and preach about it.

i watched this for 1 min and the thought of continuing has caused me great emotional harm and now I need a new religion

Dude, just stop. You're an embarrassment. Everything you're typing is drivel. You're just repeating your position over and over without reasoning. You're clearly out of steam, you've got nothing, you're done. Cease.

Attached: 1282758661592.jpg (598x448, 33K)

>. I have never seen a living, thinking person without a brain. Connect the dots.
Have you ever seen a brain? Have you ever seen a living thinking person without a heart? So why can the mind not be in the heart. In fact, if you inquire, you may find out that the mind isn't actually located or bound to the body at all and is all pervading. The mind can travel to the moon instantly while the body is still on the earth.
These things are lost on you because of your clear brainlet tier intelligence from your posts, but to just point out the obvious to you. Brain and mind are two separate phenomena, and even in neuroscience by vastly superior intelligent experts than you, they still are unable to locate the mind and varify that it is located in the brain. So retty much, your beliefs are shit tier and not thought out thoroughly.

>Everything you're typing is drivel
>You're just repeating your position over and over without reasoning
If it were drivel, nothing I typed would be coherent enough for you to detect that there was a position being repeated over and over and over and over and over again, whether or not reasoning was present. It was, but let's pretend it wasn't. A good way to keep someone focused on the the actual content of what you have to say, is to repeat yourself. As plainly and as unambiguously as possible. That way, there's no viable reason for you to start talking about tomatoes, dolphins, or any other unrelated tangent. You know exactly what you need to address, and you've had it siad to you enough times that there are no excuses.

>Have you ever seen a brain
Yes.
>Have you ever seen a living thinking person without a heart
Not in the way that I have never seen a living thinking person without a brain. But the heart would be contributing to the living characteristic solely, not the thinking characteristic. Hearts are not brains.

>you may find out that the mind isn't actually located or bound to the body at all and is all pervading
I inquired another countless time in succession. I found that the mind is located, if not bound, to the body.

>The mind can travel to the moon instantly while the body is still on the earth
I did not find this at all.
>they still are unable to locate the mind and varify that it is located in the brain.
Please provide citations.

>your beliefs are shit tier and not thought out thoroughly
Please stop projecting.

Punk rock IS the only religion

Attached: Mus51_800x.jpg (517x640, 60K)

I liked the part where they killed all the niggers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitalism

I was reading a demography of my home city and current city and in both there were people who had chose "I believe in heavy metal" as their religion on the census.

God's

This image is the best I can do. Like I said, you're done.

Attached: 1341287800796.jpg (640x420, 85K)

>you're done
>you're done
>hey you're done
>did you hear me
>you're done
>I SAID YOU'RE DONE
What?

Attached: 1341287507993.jpg (600x450, 89K)

Attached: 1538231983354.png (200x222, 221K)

if you can't be good on your own then you are fucking retarded

kill yourself, useless piece of shit

So, satanism.

Islam.
I have no doubts that is the preserved message of our Lord. ama

Attached: 49494419_608649572882184_1029222828012837555_n.jpg (1080x1080, 101K)

Friendly reminder that there is no actual possible way of proving karma, chi, chakra's, gods and anti-gods exist. Just take the neutral route and go Agnostic Atheist, trust me, saves you a lot of unneeded theist autism.

Attached: shut up n word.jpg (400x400, 25K)

no. satanism is either a bunch of pointless ritual and tattoos or misapplying a label to individualism. just like being a goat fucker doesn't automatically make you a muslim

>Agnostic Atheist
>atheist means belief gods don't exist
>agnostic means no belief one way or the other
pick one

>we can be free if we give up the power of the citizenry to protect themselves from being enslaved by oligarchs

>epicurus did it better
No

"Agnostic atheism is a philosophical position that encompasses both atheism and agnosticism. Agnostic atheists are atheistic because they do not hold a belief in the existence of any deity and agnostic because they claim that the existence of a deity is either unknowable in principle or currently unknown in fact. "
Straight from wikipedia. Stop being retarded.

Attached: woosh.jpg (960x604, 92K)

I get where you're coming from. But speaking for myself, as there are some aspects of individualism, I myself fall more into self preservation than just being independent.

Logos.

Jesus Christ is Logos.

>implying secular morality even exists

>Straight from wikipedia
plato.stanford.edu/entries/atheism-agnosticism/

Attached: 1322247438621.gif (237x240, 35K)

redneck?

>just a kike on a stick

logos is the new Jordan Peterson buzzword he uses to pretend the contradictory gospels are the perfect most bestest story ever written so he can go through the motions of the cult and pretend he still believes in something when he can't bring himself to believe honestly

>religion or moral system

If I want to do it and it is not prohibitively impractical to do it, I do it

islam. allah for live bich

Attached: 250px-SHODAN_hires.jpg (250x268, 32K)

Optimistic nihilism

I just follow the law. Keep my head down. Just exist from one day to the next. I do care about others and help if it's small things. Other than that. I just exist.

Active Yea Forums server:
discord
[dl]-I-I11I-I-[lb]
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 11.jpg (364x440, 45K)

discord
X1]-X)12(X-[1X
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 12.jpg (456x620, 101K)