Need some advice, fags

Need some advice, fags.

I dropped out of school in 2015 when I was 17 and I've been a security officer ever since.

I absolutely hate and want to become a physicist or chemist one day.

Do you guys think I should go back to school to complete it and go to college or should I continue doing this?

Attached: PicsArt_03-03-06.28.41.png (2048x774, 638K)

do what makes you happy

I think going to school would make me happy but I'm not sure how everyone will feel if I quit this.

He who dares; wins

Attached: confu3.jpg (550x547, 121K)

may as well try it if it doesnt work out you can always go back to this. i dont think you actually go back to school either dude not like that movie Big, you just take some kind of remedial course at college

Keep working there while you're in school if you can.

I suppose I could do this part time for the money and
Thank you, friend

Considering you're like 21-22, shouldn't you just try and get your GED? Either way, yeah it's not too late to pursue your dreams. If you're tenacious, you can have your degree before you're even 30

...you can afford it.

I'm Ireland, we don't have that, we have what's called a 'leaving cert' and it's the main document you need for college. The only way I can get a leaving cert is by finishing school.

my friend worked security and spent a lot of time sitting at a desk playing dota, maybe you could keep working part time and do your studies while being paid

Continue but educate yourself in any other field you wish. Learn the PhD process, you can skip college if you teach yourself well enough.

In Ireland*

>I absolutely hate and want to become a physicist or chemist one day.
How many chemists and physicists do you know that dropped out of school 1 year before graduating?
Is this a realistic goal or just a pipe dream?
How much of your spare time do you spend actually accomplishing chemistry or physics tasks?

Yeah, I think this would be a good option for me and the best thing to do

Also, avoid student debt like the plague. It cannot be discharged. You are a slave till it's paid off.

First start off by accepting the fact that youre too old to solely be a student. You missed that bus already so expect to be one of those people who have to struggle with a full time job AND however many hours of classes you can work into your schedule. You can do it if you really want to but expect to be miserable for years. Good luck and dont waste any more time if you do decide to go back. You can struggle for years and get something out of it or if youre not careful you can dick around and by the time you know it itll be 2025 and youll be at the same place in life wanting more

>You are a slave till it's paid off.
Yeah, you wouldn't want to work hard to get an education or be good at your job. That's for losers.

May not be realistic but I'm a huge nerd and have been studying physics in my spare time. I've been teaching myself quantum mechanics, string theory and loop quantum gravity since I left.

The sad truth is that the world is filled with people who have the imagination and desire to do something big, but not the willingness to work hard and sacrifice to get it.
Who are you going to be?

This 100%.

You dropped out when school was free and it was really all that was required from you as a teen so dont get into debt now that life is actually going to be difficult as fuck.

There really isnt a degree worth going into debt for when all you have to do is take it little by little and make sure you can afford it. Even if it takes 10 years you would still be young enough to enjoy your new career.

I guess I have nothing to lose. Think I should just go for it and see what happens?

you sound like you clearly want to do it but needed us to validate what you already knew for some reason, i dont really understand but maybe go to a therapist as well to improve confidence or something, college should provide an opportunity for this

I guess I just wanted a second opinion from people I don't know. The people I know might give me a different opinion and I just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing before being committed.

Why are you asking me? Sorry to sound like a dude in a kung fu movie, but the answer is inside yourself. People who make it don't spend a lot of time asking everyone else what they should do.

I know a PhD Physicist. I play steam games with him. He lives with his parents. He's 31, 6'2", ballroom dancer, no obvious social impariments unless you count TRP. Basically had no time for dating while earning his doctorate, works in an all male environment, and has no friends or network that can help him date. He's deeply miserable.

I also know a security officer I went to high school with. Former veteran- 2 tours in Afghanistan. Wife and 2 kids. Kinda poor but his wife is good at stretching every dollar. He's stressed out and claims to be depressed but honestly his life is way better in almost every way.

Academia is a political shitfest. If you're on Yea Forums, being a professor is not for you. You might work in a lab, but it seems like a pretty bleak existence. Take that for what you will.

>If you're on Yea Forums, being a professor is not for you.
>everyone on Yea Forums is obviously as worthless as I am

Thank you, man. Any constructive criticism/input helps!

Depends on why you dropped out. If you have to study at all to pass high school you're too dumb to be a physicist. Chemist maybe.
>muh anecdotal evidence
Retard.