I have 20,000 USD to spend on a car

I have 20,000 USD to spend on a car.

The only thing I desire out of it is that it lasts as long as possible, and is not a luxury vehicle where maintenance is higher than normal.

What do I get?

Attached: car.jpg (750x400, 72K)

Prolly like a Honda Civic?

i second this

Buy a used civic or Toyota for 10g, save the other half.

get a used jeep

bingo

Get a 5 year old camry for about 10-12k and give yourself a nice emergency fund. People seem to neglect those.

I swear by pickup trucks. I spent $20k on a 2 year old F150 with 20,000 miles. Middle of the road on options. I never had to fix anything on that truck except the water pump that went after 90k miles (and only cost $500 to fix). Brakes and tires were at the typical intervals. And brakes were super easy to fix myself. I'd been rear-ended twice in that truck, and both times, the car that hit me was totaled because their air bags deployed and my trailer hitch cracked their radiator. No damage to me. I drove off with minor bumper scuffs. I could pull anything in that truck. My camper, ATV trailers, you name it. Gas mileage was for shit (19 mpg on highway, if lucky), but I had a 30+ gallon tank and could go 600 miles on a tank of gas. Hey, it's not 2005-10 anymore. Gas is cheap again. I only got rid of that truck after 100k miles because of an accident in a snow/ice storm. 4x4 means you can drive on any terrain, but stopping is still for shit.

Toyotas last forever, 2005-2007 camry has more trunk and leg room than a honda accord even though they're the same sized car

Out of 100 drivers with a pickup truck, maybe 1/5 of them actually use the truck for its intended purpose. The other 80 are retards who just wanted to pay more for no reason.

Do not getting a fucking Jeep if all you have is 20k. They’re overpriced and not the most reliable cars at all. Not practical either. Get ready to spend more money than you think, depending on the year. If you have disposable income go for it, otherwise no. I say this as a Jeep owner

I second this. Honda or Toyota all day long. I actually purchased a Nissan Leaf recently for less than 4k with 7500 miles. Best deal ever. Never pay for gas

If you want a jeep, literally get a 20yr old one and use it as a toy.

Please don't get one for a daily driver. OP, listen to this guy.

>ex-jeep owner. feelsbadman.jpg

OP, do you have an emergency fund of at least 3-6 months of expenses?

Before you go gunho on dropping 20k on a car, consider what I said first.

Plenty of vehicles around the 10k range that can offer you years of trouble free driving. I'm fond of csmrys or accords. They're a little bigger, more powerful, and roomier than their smaller sedan lineups.

user OP, get a Toyota Camry. They are spacious, comfortable and they last forever. Apart from that, safe AF. I was in an accident last year and the car did what is supposed to. It fucking felt like being reborn. My whole family has Toyotas and we all swear by them.
In B4 he's a Muslim.

My first truck was a 2009 f150. It had the 4.6l V8 engine (not the 5.4l which was plagued with issues). That 4.6l was bulletproof. It wasn't anything special in terms of options, but I had taken it offroading multiple times on Jeep trails. By no means am I an offroading enthusiast, but that truck kicked ass, and I held my own.

Thereafter, I got a 2015 Ram 3500 with the Cummins engine, because diesel. Duh. Less equipped in terms of options, but this truck is a tank. I just clocked 100k miles on it, and its broken in. I can run this truck for another 200k miles, easily. It has 370hp and 800lb/ft of torque. Now that my warranty is expired, the sky is the limit in terms of hp and torque. Because its a diesel, I can make my own fuel (disclosure: I don't, too busy/lazy). I pull a 4-ton camper, and the truck actually handles better. Because it is a diesel, resale value is absurd. I spent $40k for this truck with 15k miles, and can easily get $20-30k today.

I get it. This truck is not in your budget. But there are a lot of diesels for less than $20k. Look for the 7.3l ford powerstroke or the 5.9l 12v cummins. You're buying a 15 year old truck, but these engines literally cannot die.

Being this fucking retarded

2019 Kia Forte. 20k gets you lane keep assist, android auto/apple car play and one of the biggest small car trunks out there. Every new Kia has a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty that covers engine and transmission. I sell Kias and I very very highly recommend.

Attached: 2019-kia-forte.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

Pre-owned Mitsubishi Outlander crossover SUV (full-size, not smaller sport)

2015 or newer, 4 cylinder version. Will get 30mpg highway.

Should be able to find a gently used private seller with low miles for $15k or less.

3k Civic with simple mods

The only Kia worth buying is a stinger
You CAN'T change my mind

based. I had a forte before my sister fucking wrecked it and in the 2 years that i had it i had 0 issues besides routine maintenance. I was the second owner and had maybe 60k miles in it when it bite the dust

Chevy Silverado owner. I agree with getting a pickup. I've got a 2000 Silverado, 5.3L, quarter ton with 277,100 miles on it and it's still going strong. They're be some minor maintenance you need to do on it from time to time but in all honesty it'll probably rust out on you before it stops running

I see shit like this everyday. Everyone looks past Kia when they look at cars, but they're pound for pound the best cars on the road. What other car brand makes a $20k car like the Forte AND a 60k luxury sedan like the K900? They got their shit right

I own one. It's sick, but they make some other good ass cars. Getting my wife a Telluride soon which blows Traverses and Explorers out of the water

Anything from the 50s. It already lasted a long time, nigger.

Get a Toyota.

Kia all day everyday.

kia and nissan are shit. get a honda or toyota, something that will last your entire life.

2013 Toyota Corolla S

Thank you for your cogent analysis. You make some very astute points.

4 year old Subaru Impreza wagon. Non-turbo with minimal options

Subaru is at heart an engineers company, and their shit is solid

AWD, space to put shit in the hatchback and they are super cheap to run per mile with very few breakable parts

But for gods sake, get a stick

Put a down payment on a tesla, pay that shit off in the future. Get tons of pussy and drive fast

Ricer wanna be cause not an sti

Anything with an inline4 is fairly efficient, reliable, and cheaper to maintance. H4's might win in terms ot lasting longer, but any major work involves dropping the subframe usually (adds a few hundred in labor usually)

Compact imprezas, civics, or toyota sedans are all fairly close in price and preformance. (New ~22k, you can usually nab a 40k off-lease one for ~10-12k if you shop around).

^this

not wrx sti is the whole point

you get the engineering and reliability without the rice

2017 or 18 Ford Focus seem to be getting discounted a lot and they seem to be somewhat reliable and much more fun to drive than some toyota

2015 - 2018 Mazda 3 Sport
Manual Trans - the new one just came out so the dealerships will be wanting to sell off old stock. It's a great car with that Sky Active engine tech... I get 430 miles on a full tank, and $20 to fill it... the handling is incredible. or go be a faggot and get a used prius.

Hatchback, not the sedan... and you could probably get a 2015 grand touring now for low mileage on trade.. since they are coming back for the 2019 model now.

I'm on my third Subaru, and a friend owned one when we were kids. Between those four, it must be around 700k miles. Never let me down. I have a legacy with 37k on it, runs great. Nice highway car. Never had any problems with bad weather. Gets about 35mpg on the highway. Big trunk, big back seat. Never did anything but new tires and brakes, and a battery.