I quit my HVAC job today. I fuckin hated it so much, I took an office job for more pay...

I quit my HVAC job today. I fuckin hated it so much, I took an office job for more pay. Heating and Cooling can be rewarding I suppose, but its such a shitty job regardless.

Anyone with me?

Attached: evolution-plus-90i-small-1.jpg (300x650, 87K)

In MA those fellas start on $20/hr - which is decent money for a young 'un. Which state you in OP?

Attached: 1552106056513.jpg (1000x1000, 93K)

Michigan.

I started at 13 an hour, I did it for 3 months as an apprentice.

Attached: C9F5768.jpg (797x1200, 734K)

Any manual labor sucks ass.
I guess it keeps you somewhat in shape but that's it.
I went to office job and never looked back
Air con, computer, food, goof off.
Now my office is at home so I pretty much won the game.

good luck op

just curious, hvac is that mostly private houses, and you deal with ventilation, ducting, ac/heatpumps and furnaces? do you also do heavy industrial cooling, grocery stores, process cooling, cold and freezing storages?

Yeah dude, it was not fun at all. I had an office job at a car dealership before, left to do HVAC to make more money, but it just sucks so bad. I'm really relieved to be done with that shit. Thanks man.
I was residential install. So we took out their old equipment and installed a new furnace or AC or whatever they purchased. Yeah I did it all man, venting, ducting, thermostat wiring...its all shit man.

Attached: Angelina-Castro-Big-Tits(10).jpg (682x1024, 99K)

ok. things are done a little different there i see. im in the trade myself but only the refrigeration part. no duckting, no furnaces and never private households. they are not worth it and would turn me into a murderer after a week.

Its only $ if you have your own business, or you find a decent rate and work a shit load of overtime.
I quit too , but i keep my license because it was a bitch to get.
Being on call blows as well.

You got robbed hahaha here the minimum wage for a HVAC trainee is about 20$

Yeah nasty houses and asshole home owners everyday. Plus never knowing what youre going to run into.
Yeah it destroys your body man, I just knew I would never be happy doing that shit.

Attached: d2777eda61d4e86a0c75224703fc4be0.jpg (801x1200, 167K)

That glue they use to seal the 636 venting will probably end up giving you cancer. Pipe dope as well, its not good dope.
Pulling a home owners old filter out and breathing in all their skin flakes from the past 3 months.... mmmmm
I miss that
Jobs sorta nasty.

Dude so many things in that field will give you cancer, and it seems like nobody cares. I said so many times we should be wearing masks at least but nobody does. The straw that broke the camel's cock was a couple days ago, we tore apart this 70 year old furnace and it was full of asbestos haha I was like fuck this!

Attached: 0c420bba4a7b628ec33efa544b968089.jpg (920x1854, 181K)

why would anyone do this when you could just be a fuckin waiter in a busy restaurant and make like 50k a year untaxed

I was memed into the trades and I want to blow my head off.
>college is a meme! Do a trade instead! No debt and decent pay!

Shit everything. Outside a union it's 100% shit. Even in a union, it fucking SUCKS and is miserable.

Now I need a god damn year to finish my bachelors (and I will have the equivalent units it takes to finish a masters degree. God damn it all).

My parents would actually be cool with me not working so I can finish the degree but I need 40k for something else. Fuuuuuuck

I live near LA and starting pay is 13 an hr too. Trades are a meme outside a union

wagecuck here. I do "trade" work. I also have a bachelors in Management and Information systems/tech.

Do I want to use my degree? I make $25 an hour. 27 yrs old

You get no respect in the food industry, but I do agree you can make a lot of money off that stupid job.
Yeah man everyone told me to get a trade and its gravy. I was miserable within 2 weeks. I didnt even want in the union because then you're stuck.
Yeah not fuckin worth it in my eyes

Attached: 275176_04big.jpg (801x1200, 267K)

Every office job can be replaced by a tiny perl script.

You'll be back in my attic in no time.

Union
130k year
Side work 10k a year

What made it so shitty. I consider this trade to be my savior from working shitty factory jobs my whole life

Afraid not my friend.
Yeah after doing it for 20 years.
Just everything man, working with assholes, super inconsistent schedule, super dirty work, crawl spaces and rooftops, working 16 hour days, kills your knees and your back, dangerous as fuck, a lot of liabilities installing things in peoples homes, a lot of hazardous chemicals, hard ass work day in day out....i could go on and on man. Just not worth it.

Attached: 439a5b1598dd4d017b5ad757706039ee.jpg (1424x2151, 305K)