I am a car salesman at a small town Chevy / Toyota dealership. AMA

I am a car salesman at a small town Chevy / Toyota dealership. AMA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

do you feel fulfilled in your life?

Not totally. I'm only 21, but I'm married and have a house in a nice and quiet area. I wouldn't say I feel fulfilled, because I still haven't met the goals I want to achieve, but I'm still just starting out

Is the Colorado zr2 better than the tacoma for comfort and reliability?

Simple answer - No.

When it comes to comfort, it has a lot to do with personal preference. When it comes to interior features, the Colorado just barely edges out the Tacoma, but that is starting to be less and less true with the introduction of things like wireless charging, power seats, push button start etc. in the Tacoma.

When it comes to reliability, there is no contest whatsoever. The Tacoma has a STRONG track record and sets the industry standard for reliability.

RAV4 hybrid worth it in your opinion?

Attached: 1461535368050.jpg (600x449, 56K)

Yeah I'd say so. It's not a bunch of money to jump to hybrid, and Toyota is planning a "hybrid revolution" of sorts, so you may as well get in now.

They told us at a seminar that because of the huge hybrid push they are going to be launching over the next few years that the projected average fuel economy for Toyota vehicles across the board is 52 MPG by 2025.

Toyota is the pioneering leader in Hybrid tech, so you get a reliable hybrid system.

Great gas mileage. Super fun and sporty feel because of the on-demand torque.

I'd say more than worth it.

A+ user

Attached: Murica.jpg (494x492, 163K)

I FUCKEN DUNNIT

With 815+ credit score and little money down, maybe $2500, how low of a monthly payment could you get me (approx) on a new or year old 4x4 pickup? Don't need all the bells and whistles, or the top tier truck, just a mid priced decent truck.

Attached: 50163.webm (638x948, 1.4M)

>The Tacoma has a STRONG track record and sets the industry standard for reliability.
Hilux*
Tacoma is the watered down american version built for highway use

Superb

Attached: 866ef17a-ea94-461f-b411-6cf7b83cd71a.jpg (800x674, 39K)

You're gonna be looking at about 600/month. Give or take a little depending on exactly what all you want on the truck.

I try not to compare the vehicles I sell to shit that literally isn't even available in my country. Thank you and have a nice day sir.

kek

Don't fucking call it the industry standard when its a different model you duplicitous piece of shit

Fucking Christ and you wonder why people hate stealerships

Yeah that's about what I thought
>thanks

Attached: 1781580.webm (1280x720, 1.52M)

Ford dealership fag here, when you’re looking for a car keep in mind is 20$ per 1000 just do the math and add tax 10% then subtract your down payment and that’s what you’ll be paying.

Are you fucking kidding me? It is the industry standard in the US. IN THE FUCKING US DUDE! How can something be the industry standard here if its not even available here? In what world is that fucking duplicitous???

It's like saying that steel is the industry standard for building high-rise buildings and you want to throw a fit and go "NUH UH THERES A STRONGER MATERIAL THAT ALIENS USE TO DO SHIT WITH"

If it's not available here, then its not the industry standard here. Period.

Not OP but why would you want to pay $600/MO for a vehicle of any kind?

Attached: goodbad.jpg (952x661, 203K)

Yessir. That's what we always use as an estimate

No problem

Y’all do the four square or just board it and wait for your asm?

When is the best time to buy last year's model car? Like what month?

Well a 4x4 Truck has specific applications that many people who live in densely populated areas / large cities don't always think of. You can haul large amounts of materials in the bed and it also provides you with a large amount of towing capacity for a trailer / camper.

600 / month is what you would expect to be paying when you are on a track to ownership as opposed to a lease where you never truly own your vehicle

Not op. But I’d say when they old age units on the lot since they’ll roll more often then when they have the new shipment in

It very much depends on the specific make / model.
Manufacturers don't release all of the new models of their vehicles across the board at the same time.
Because of this, the best month for incentives and discounts is potentially different for each model

Normally what you want to hit is a very specific window right as the new model comes out.
The manufacturer will put huge rebates on the last year model and this will get you a better price.

If you wait too long, the manufacturer will remove all incentives and put the vehicles into "final pay". Normally this is not as good of a deal, and you have missed out on the best number

Its exactly that kind of weasel wording doublethink and lying by omission that makes you a duplicitous piece of shit, you fucking worm.

I sincerely hope you die in a fire.

ITT : Based eurofag experiences unwanted gay thoughts and takes out frustrations on innocent american

Stealership shitheads are never innocent

VW fag here. Sad when our best option is this boi

Attached: 2018_07_12_03_21_50.jpg (850x478, 153K)

Just keep telling yourself that because you didn't do your research and went to a big dealership and got taken advantage of.
Not everyone gets screwed dude.

That's rough dude. Sometimes adventurous decisions are not the best option for a manufacturer. With all the midsized options out there atm, VW is gonna struggle to take a bite out of the market share.

I don't want to pay that much, but I'd figured I'd ask him anyway since he's here answering questions

OP here. I am the one who answered you bud

This amoral Gypsy mentality earns every last stealership motherfucker a special place in hell

Which would you choose? Chevy or Toyota?

Pls disregard. I have the autism and didn't realize what you were saying just now

Demon trips proves you're a satanic faggot who just wants to troll. Im ignoring now.

I sold cars to get by before leaving to pursue other endeavors. I never screwed anyone and I still made 5k+ a month at 20yo.

What do you think about the new Supra? It deserves the difference of price with the GT86?

Kinda depends. In most cases, I would go Toyota, because of reliability. However if you intend to trade every 3 years or so and want a full-body SUV or a 1/2 ton or greater truck, Chevy can be a great option.

Assuming you will trade soon enough for reliability to not be an issue:
The Tahoe and Suburban are great alternatives to the Sequoia depending on personal preference.

Also the fullsize chevy trucks offer great interior and comfort features that dont exist on the Tundra.

Toyota also doesn't make a 3/4 ton truck or greater.

Also Toyota doesn't offer a diesel in the states.

So depending on the situation, Chevy can be a nice alternative or the only option, but probably 80-90% of the time, I would go Toyota

EXACTLY Thank you.

I bought a new Scion iM hatch the year they came out and it was t-boned and totalled less than a year later. I was found not at fault. My GAP insurance paid out $2000. Think this was a good thing, or should I actually feel bad about losing that car?

I honestly am not sure yet.
I haven't gotten my hands on one. We are still waiting for them to hit the ground.
If I had any experience with it, I would be happy to share, but I am still waiting for the opportunity

That's true

If you sold cars you screwed each and every single customer.
Your entire business model is raping people over your desk.
You say "just do research lol" but every single car price lister is bought and paid for, and the invoice prices they sell us are fluffed up lies in the first place.
Your industry is in bed with politicians to keep fucking us over and squash any sensible alternative to keep this industry of abuse going as long as possible

You are a subhuman piece of shit no matter what lies you tell yourself.

Was honestly a great job to get my feet off the ground. Helped me finance my projects and live comfortably at the same time. I’ve agreed that if my life doesn’t go in the direction I’d prefer, I’d go back and just retire selling cars. When you find a good dealership, it’s the best job you can have. Nobody is on your back or keep track of you. As long as you get your quota, you have so much freedom to come and go and do fucking whatever whenever you want.

And yeah, it was a serious accident. Got t-boned, spun out and my car went over the center median. Somehow managed to wreck the engine and transmission, airbags never went off though, which worried me. Was deemed totalled a few days later

>Well a 4x4 Truck has specific applications that many people who live in densely populated areas / large cities don't always think of.

I agree.

> You can haul large amounts of materials in the bed and it also provides you with a large amount of towing capacity for a trailer / camper.

Yes, but honestly how often do you really need it to haul something like that?

I could offer my advice, but at the end of the day it's your money and you can spend it on whatever you want brother!

>600 / month is what you would expect to be paying when you are on a track to ownership as opposed to a lease where you never truly own your vehicle

Thank god you are at least smart enough to not fall into the lease a car forever trap. Personally, I try to save up the money to buy a car outright. I know that can't always be the case for everyone.

Good luck user.

Attached: timehavechanged.jpg (484x842, 162K)

That's a tough call. I'd say probably not a terrible thing. The iM was a good car, and there are still plenty of them on the road, but it wasn't anything super special, so you're not really missing out on anything by getting into a newer Toyota. If anything, you were just given the opportunity to upgrade!

I put people in cars that would otherwise be walking and every so often I’ll get a call from a previous customer to ask about a car or how I’m doing. You got fucked once, get over it. I got fucked for 6 grand on my first car but you live and learn. It’s part of life and becoming an adult. Grow up kid.

Also, feel free to AMA

Attached: IMG-20190404-WA0005.jpg (2340x4160, 537K)

Ok then by your standards when you go to the store to buy razors you get fucked. When you buy toothpaste you get fucked. When you buy food you get fucked. Clothes - fucked. kids toys - fucked.
medicine - fucked
insurance - fucked
computers - fucked
shoes - fucked
phones - fucked

anyone who sells anything with any profit margin is fucking you and any time you paid more than what a company has in a product you are getting fucked.

Doesn't it sound ridiculous to assume that a company making a profit automatically means youre getting fucked?

Okay OP, do you feel good about yourself with all the debt you sell people? Huge debt crisis in America, and most people can’t afford a new car. They buy above their means and finance a fucking rapidly depreciating asset. People have to buy that hot new RAV4 (finance btw) so their wife might suck their dick once in a while, WHEN they could have paid cash for a $6000 car.

I’m all for badass cars. I’m all for getting that hot new once a month blowjob RAV4, when people can outright afford it and pay cash for it.

You destroy people’s lives with $600 a month car notes. Granted these are trash people because no sane adult would go into debt for a fucking car. But do you feel good?

Cash is king kids, debt is dumb.

Also what percentage of people come in there and pay cash for a new car?

Lots of times when I sell trucks, it's to people who use them for work or people who are retired and haul a camper to travel the country.

People who work with their truck really do require it as they are putting materials in and out of the bed all day every day.

I do realize that a truck isnt for everyone, and that's why I have cars out here that are in the mid-teens, but some people just cannot own something other than a truck.

In my area, trucks are in high demand because of blue-collar work

Yeah I kind of got that feel. It wasnt the most fun car to drive but it was super reliable and I liked the amenities. It hauled my drums around too and I appreciated that. My only other vehicle is a 1987 El Camino that I've suped up and I miss having a touchscreen or bluetooth capabilities and a backseat and all that though. The LT1 is a lot more demanding on maintenance too and I'm worried to take it out sometimes for fear of theft/vandalism. Been driving it ever since. It's a crazy fun truck to drive, but not always a daily driver. Thanks for your input Yea Forumsro, that makes me feel a lot better

How pissed are you when I walk in and say “I don’t care what the interest rate is. I don’t care how long the terms are. I just want the lowest price you can let this go for”
And then I go to the bank and pay the enire thing offf before the 1st month payment is due.

I don't work for a bank.
We do not offer in-house financing.
I accept cash for vehicles.
I offer affordable pre-owned vehicles.

In what way am I forcing someone into a 600/month + car note?

No problem

Thank god for those accounting classes OP. I know the 0% APR trick.

People actually believe they’re getting an interest free “loan” from the dealership. Top fucking KEK

The interest is already in the final price kid anons, and they market 0% APR to get you to think your getting a sweet “no interest” deal

Not even slightly. I have nothing to do with back-end profits. In the area I am in, most people choose to finance with their own bank or credit union anyway.

I am 21, and I am trying to build a client list, so if someone tells me they want "bottom dollar price" I simply go to my boss and say "this customer wants bottom dollar price. no negotiating" and then he gives me a number to take them that has no more room in it. simple as that.

I normally make a flat mini on my deals, so I don't care how much profit is in a deal

and then get stung with an early settlement fee. kek.

I think it's illegal to do that nowadays here actually (UK).

Car salesman. It’s your job to sell financed cars. ALL car company’s make more money of the financing of cars then they do off the actual profit margin of the car. You’re a fucking salesman, it’s your job to suggest. People don’t have backbones and a simply nudge from a good guy car salesman and they have a $600 car note they can’t afford

As I mentioned previously, my dealership does not offer in-house financing.
Therefore, any 0% APRs are coming as an incentive straight from the manufacturer.

In this case, sometimes you have to choose between either a rebate or the interest rate, and depending on how you plan to finance, either one could be a better option.

I know that Ford often offers a rebate AND 0% APR

The banks we use (GMF, Toyota Fin, US Bank, etc.) do not have early settlement fees anymore.

They don’t even have that car in the us.
Tiguans sell like hotcakes . Have one. 2018 for the wifey. Already TD1’ed. Bye bye warrranty, but warranties are for pussies.

Thing is tho.... I don't make any additional money if you finance. I make either a flat fee or 30% of gross on the FRONT END if and only if the front end profit exceeds my flat fee.

If you finance
if you pay cash
if you finance through your own credit union

Does not matter one bit to me.
I make the same amount of money so I couldn't give a fuck

mechanic at a honda dealership here.
I love business, but why can't people look after their own cars? why can't people drive good?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never got stung with a fee.
I’ve bought cars on an Amex card after they cut the deal, and it’s like 11% interest over 7 years.
>”so that the bottom line price.”
>yes sir!
>”so we agree on this price?”
>yep
>”ok... just run it on my Amex for that price. Here yah go”
They’re pretty pissed.
Tell me you wouldn’t be pissed too

Like what the other user was REEEEEEing about, no debt. All cash. I never finance

shit I love el co's, let's see a pic of yours

That is fine, and that is a great way to purchase a vehicle

Jeep is better

I bet your boss cares. And I bet his boss cares. I bet Mary Barra cares. I bet Akio Toyoda cares. Have you looked at either’s financial statements? They literally make the majority of their profits off their financing sector. You might not care, but everyone who runs the fucking ship does. It is literally your industry’s business model. FINANCE

Nope. I wouldn't be pissed.
However you would want to pay, I would gladly accept it

Zr2 u.s better than a tacoma in every way

So if this is an AMA thread,
Why the fuck is my 2014 accord hybrid battery so awful? Little royal went from 600 mile range to 400 mile over night. Yet Honda says “it’s fine”
Are they just trying to avoid a new battery?

"Hey mom! I posted it again!"

28k miles also, just so you know

how many hours do you work a week?
how many a day?
is time off easy to get?
is carmax a good place to start working at as a sales man?
im about to retire from the navy and want a fun job that pays about 600 a week. im fine with 32 to 40 hours. i dont care about weekends or holidays thats fine. i just dont wanna work 60 hours a week like i hear some sales guys do

Cool. Post ur Camry

Here's the deal tho... The guy at the drive through window at McDonald's doesnt give a fuck how the chickens are processed, and he doesn't take the blame for animal cruelty.

In the same way, I dont give a fuck if you finance or not and I dont take the blame if you do.

My owner and my manager aren't evil dick holes, so they dont tell us to push financing. However you want to pay is fine.

We have 5 salesmen here and plenty of customers to go around. We honestly dont give a fuck if you finance.

You want to know the only person here who cares? The finance manager.

THAT'S IT. The owner makes his money on holdback. The sales manager makes his on unit count. I make mine on front-end.

The finance manager is the only one who gives a shit.

ok buddy

I have no idea. I hate hondas but they do make the best hybrids except i'd never own one myself.

Simple answer : I have no idea. I am not a mechanic nor do I work for a Honda dealership. Sorry man

I hate hybrids too. This is why I am not in sales.

Do wetbacks with no credit apply with cosigners and get approved?

why did you double space like that?

Sorry you fell for the TRD meme

I work 8-6 M-F and 9-5 on saturday.
Time off is easy to get because I make my own money.
it comes out to 58 hrs/week but its easy hours so its not like 58 hours at other places.

I dont know about carmax because I've never worked there or had any experiences with them, but I would go for a small town new car dealership any day.

to be fair user's issue is probably not a real problem he just bought a piece of shit and thats how it is. And I can't diagnose something I dont have my hands on.

can niggers afford trucks? I mean legally.

do you have to do things like clean cars and move them on the lot when you are not working a deal?

Here's an 18 XLE on the porch

Attached: camry.jpg (640x480, 124K)

The kick is that I know the Spartacus rebellion was around 60 bc I know this because I am college educated in 2000AD, this picture is stupid.

Lots of Mexican niggers have tacomas

whats the most you have ever made in a week and what about the least?
any customers you want to lose your shit over?

Depends on the situation. All kinds of people apply with no credit and a co-x because that's the best way to start building credit.

Niggerish/10.

idk man. im typing alot and I just did it

Well i guess I cant argue with that sound logic

I park cars on the lot if I've gotten them out to demo them.

but we have detail guys to clean them. and we have a cleaning staff for the store. so no

I made $4173.24 one week during a sale event.
Least I ever made was $0.00.
I punched a nigger once. Lucky I didn't get fired but he was trying to steel a truck.

I made like 3k in a week once but that's the most.
and ya I want to lose my shit quite often when someone comes in and says "what's the bottom dollar price" and i say "the lowest we will take is 20k"
and they hit me with "will you take 10?"

>but he was trying to steel a truck.
please green text this
its sounds wonderful!

You ever sell any heavy duty Duramax trucks? A buddy of mine is the local Chevy dealer’s HD diesel specialist, and sells enough loaded High Country’s to make close to 300k a year...

Didn’t buy. Still under factory warranty.
And yeah, it’s a piece of shit. Car I’d never buy myself

Would you tell someone, like a young dumb couple, not to finance? Knowing they can’t afford it, knowing they will most likely default. A simple “hey idiots don’t finance that 30k car you can’t afford, and instead buy this $8000 one you can. With cash :)”

I’m an account and currently working as a CFP. Most of my days consist of people coming to me, crying, sobbing, hysterical because they’re in 250k in debt and everybody has two things in common. Credit card and car debt. Most couples have around 80k in car debt and have no clue how to get out of them. I know you say your just a car salesman, and don’t care whether or not they finance, but I urge you to urge people not to finance. I mean after it doesn’t affect you whether or not they do

Kek

That’s how using works.
If you start out at 20, you have wiggle room.
But saying “I’ll give you half”....that just a dbag and doesn’t know how to negotiate

“Using”
Fuck I don’t why or how I typed that.
Still too early here.

>Not understanding the joke.

How is that B.A. in History treating you user?

Attached: butthurt.jpg (238x211, 10K)

Hey op why does my Camry 2015 xse make a noise while reversing something to do with the brake calipers?

I found leasing generally favorable if you look after your car.
If you aren’t all niggerish with your car, you can sell it for more than what the value of the car iis at the end of the lease. And negotiate that price when you sign the lease.
End of lease:
> negotiate with other dealer for new car
> “I have x car, what will you take for trade in?”
> morethanbuyingthecaratendofleasevalue.jpg
> buy car
> trade in car
> use difference as down payment

How much for a new 86, manual, and in white?

Burn

Attached: sigil.png (550x426, 6K)

Do you like 1990 Toyota cressidas manual swapped with a turbo 7gte?

Attached: 90812051990114.jpg (1024x682, 818K)