Ask a psychologist anything

Ask a psychologist anything.

Attached: a9e039c80e9decc44c04979b77639b15.jpg (1920x2500, 520K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FQLElTVQ_bI
google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2016/jan/07/therapy-wars-revenge-of-freud-cognitive-behavioural-therapy
cia.gov/library/readingroom/search/site/MK-Ultra
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do you rip off people?

Is DID for real? Or just a hoax so that some psychologists can make a career?

Try real questions instead of loaded ones. You can state an opinion, you'd sound more honest and less like a bitch.

Considering I save lives and radically improve others, it's worth any amount of money. I know you will refuse to believe it, but that's how it works in the real world.

How long did it take to get the degree? Asking for a friend.

It's real but rare. Many of my workmates never had a case of it, but I have personally known one very closely. It's real, in a very hard to believe way.

That said, it has been used as a hoax before. They're not mutually exclusive.

Typically 5 years to get the Master's degree, then 4 posgraduate years to train. So, 9 years in total, but that will depend on where you study.

>save lives
>radically improve
yeah, for gullible weaklings sure. keep on justifying your jewing practices faggot.

How many of your patients do you want to bang?

Do you have a vagina?

You ever get high and jack off?

What's it like to work in a scientific field that is essentially still in its infancy?

You should realise how mentally fucked you are when you can only think in memes. Strong people go through therapy, because it takes way more balls and guts to do that than not to. And it takes even less courage to shit on others who have more balls than you.

How do I cure my dopamine deficence

Does hypnosis really work? And if so, how does it feel?

Honestly, none, because I'm there to help.

Rational Emotive Therapy: rapid transformation or discredited bullshit?

Blanchard's Typology bullshit?

is the reason i have an aversion to being touched because i was abused as a child?

I do not, which is actually one reason why I am successful. Men are very rare in my profession. And plenty of patients want a male therapist.

The latter.

>What's it like to work in a scientific field that is essentially still in its infancy?
Not very different from other scientific fields, but more exciting, surely, as paradigms are more likely to shift in my lifetime than they would be if I were in physics. It's great, though.

You just don't realize how mentally stunted the majority of retards on this site are.

How does neuroscience intersect with understanding certain disorders?

>a psychologist

Attached: doubt.png (419x238, 84K)

It does work, but I am not personally sure how much of that is placebo and stuff like "I paid for this shit, so fuck me, it's gonna work and I will make sure it does!" I'm not big on hypnosis or anything too fancy. I hate psycho-trends and stuff like that. As such, I never use hypnosis and never recommend it either.

Y are u gay? Also, are traps gay?

Attached: ef19e8b.jpg (601x801, 67K)

Really? I mean it becomes your job and your doing 50 hours a week how much do you really care? Not to mention if they got better you'd be out of business. I think your useless

>You should realise how mentally fucked you are when you can only think in memes
you don't know me faggot, nor how i act outside of this shit hole. you are the one spreading the bullshit "strong people cry about shit" meme and the "weak people suppress their emotions" bullshit. but keep on telling your train wreck patients that they are so strong and powerful.

I'm not attracted to men. Only women. Why do I want dicks in my holes filling me with semen? Looking at a dude face does nothing for me, but a good hard dick does?

Ama is fucking pointless if you dont proove you are who you claim to be

Was it expensive? Do you think it was hard? English is not my main language, sorry

>Rational Emotive Therapy:
Seems legit for the little I know about it.

>Blanchard's Typology
I might be a bit blunt here but my take is this: you're either in line with your physical sex, or you have a disorder. So it's binary to me. As to sexual orientation, it's heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual to various degrees. Orientation isn't related to whether or not you feel in line with your sex.

I have a deep burning desire to destroy humankind. We are a disease, a pestilence upon this universe. Am I wrong?

Is there hope for narcissists and/or manipulative people?

>is the reason i have an aversion to being touched because i was abused as a child?
It could very well be the cause, of course. It may also be that you need a trusted person to touch you and aren't accustomed to that.

So are you a therapist or a psychologist?

What is your advice for people with low self esteem?

He's right. Most people can't face their problems and end up being shittier people for it. You likely being an example.

I do realise. Worry not, kind user.

Very well, for instance, schizophrenia is linked to lack of myelin sheaths on the axons (long ass tail on neurones). All things psychological are biological on some level.

how to become very desirable by girls?

Allow me to prove you wrong, homo, just post sexy Brie Larson photos.

Are you a psychologist?

I am not gay, and traps themselves may or may not be gay, depending on whether they both have a dick and want a dick, or a bageenanina and want to lick one as well.

German psychotherapist here. Where are you based?

>All things psychological are biological on some level.
Yeah this what basically what I was getting at.

Do you know if you put spaces in the right places psychotherapist can become psycho the rapist?

>I mean it becomes your job and your doing 50 hours a week how much do you really care?
When I work, I don't actually think about how I am working, that's why I love my job. I love helping people and seeing the impact on them and how they improve fills me with so much fucking joy. I feel blessed.

They do get better and leave, and I get new patients. There's an endless queue for me because I am efficient and my patients talk about me to anyone they think would benefit from my help.

How does one not get ignored?

Attached: NOD_Obelisk.jpg (800x600, 52K)

Are you the OP that made a thread like 2-3 weeks ago on a Saturday?

Whats your honest opinion on bisexuality, and how it can effect people, also on how it comes about

how do you deal with manipulative people

yeah sure redditnigger

That comment alone completely discredited you.

You got me good.

>you don't know me faggot, nor how i act outside of this shit hole.
I know how you act here, when you can act without pressure, just as you want. You could have been anything, you chose to be an faggot.

>you are the one spreading the bullshit "strong people cry about shit" meme
Strong people face their emotions, weak people bury them and don't face them. That is beyond debate. Not having emotions isn't strength, either, it's just living on easy mode.

>but keep on telling your train wreck patients that they are so strong and powerful.
You have no idea what I tell my patients, nor, apparently, how dumb it'd be to tell someone who feels like ruins that they are strong and powerful. Stop thinking your SJW fears have any kind of echo in the real world.

Attached: 1530657844827.jpg (640x513, 26K)

I guess you're waistdownsexual: you only like the dick.

>Ama is fucking pointless if you dont proove you are who you claim to be
Proven wrong several times by now.

I feel like most therapists and doctors are just attention whores who want to feel like gods gift to humanity. When you're a bunch of self righteus ags who are about as useful as an infograph

It wasn't too expensive for me because my country believes in education. Working on the side, I was able to finance my studies.

The more hard science parts of it are typically the hardest for psy students (statistics and all that stuff), but it's not impossible. If you're interested in psychology, absolutely go for it.

i'm not a faggot. check mate cocksucker. give me a diagnosis, why do i act like that?
>inb4 fag

Attached: 1541612551389.jpg (422x352, 17K)

>Am I wrong?
Yes. I suspect your hatred for mankind is actually self-loathing which you'd rather not face, and hate everyone else instead (or along with). Correct me if I'm wrong.

>Is there hope for narcissists and/or manipulative people?
Yes. There's hope for everyone. Except the ones whose only hope is a fucking bullet to the face. I'm not always optimistic.

Intellectual response friend.

I'm technically a psychotherapist, meaning a psychologist who does therapy.

A whole bunch:

1. find source of low self-esteem (usually being raised like dirt)
2. capitalise on successes, disregard mistakes as necessary steps to success
3. do counter confirmation bias: "if I can do it, anyone can"

How much do you get paid exactly? Also what country do you work in?

Nah you're just making this up

>how to become very desirable by girls?

1. don't underestimate women's sexual needs and don't assume they're very different from men's; that means, be a sexy motherfucker

2. confidence comes on top of seduction; if you're a negative sucker, nobody will enjoy being around you, even if you're a sexy motherfucker

3. genuinely love yourself

4. genuinely DO NOT act like your worth depends on a woman loving you

Sure. Where is the psychotherapist?

Attached: https_%2F%2Fimages.rapgenius.com%2F65f0e19395d401a7c0ef42b8cee6f8f9.786x600x1.png (289x220, 77K)

I do hate myself but I do because humans are an error and sadly I'm human

Yes.

Not too far from you. Would love to hear about your side of things.

>Yeah this what basically what I was getting at.
Absolutely true, also something psy students learn in the beginning.

Yes. If you put the right spaces between your legs, it does the same IRL.

By being interesting and not an attention-seeking homo. Chances are you aren't more ignored than anyone else but feel like you are because it hurts you much more. People may not ignore you as much as you think.

Great cock, by the way.

It's possible. I don't remember.

>how do you deal with manipulative people
Gently make them face their own discrepancies, or discuss why they try to manipulate. Often, they don't realise or think they're manipulative.

(This is for manipulative patients; if you mean off the office, that'd be different. Make people face their BS if you care about them, or distance yourself if you don't.)

If you think finding Brie hot as fuck means someone cannot be a psycho the rapist, then you discredited yourself.

About to bust a nut on Brie next to my degree, homo.

Attached: 60377833-7CFC-4898-80E5-4693AF3F278D.jpg (614x582, 98K)

>I feel like most therapists and doctors are just attention whores who want to feel like gods gift to humanity. When you're a bunch of self righteus ags who are about as useful as an infograph
I think this is more about you than therapists and doctors. Do these professions make you feel vulnerable?

>why do i act like that?
Perhaps because you wish you could act like this IRL but don't for reasons known to you.

10k dollars a month. Could make more if I worked more, but prefer free time. Not disclosing country, European.

>I do hate myself but I do because humans are an error and sadly I'm human
Reality is most likely the other way around: you hate yourself and therefore you hate humanity.

Think about it.

i also have nightmares at least every weak, any advice for stopping those?

SO DAMN CLOSE ç_ç

how to be a sexy motherfucker

Tell me about the nightmares and if you connect them to anything significant; also tell me if you actively fear something in your life currently.

Honestly yes they either belittle by acting like your problem aren't serious enough, or they just give you some basic answer like. Just hit the gym bro you'll be better in no time. I'm better off not talking to them

FUCK. I deserved dem digits.

Easily:

1. start working out, weightlifting
2. lose/gain weight depending on your current body

Anyone can become a sexy motherfucker with appropriate diet and working out. It will also make you feel confident and valued, which will make being confident and attractive easier.

Not him but what problems are you going to the doctor for that get that respone

>Honestly yes they either belittle by acting like your problem aren't serious enough,
Any therapist doing this is objectively shit at his job.

no, i don't like being a dick to other people, believe it or not.

>Anyone can become a sexy motherfucker with appropriate diet and working out
No they can't. If you are ugly, you will remain ugly, just with a better body.

>no, i don't like being a dick to other people, believe it or not.
Then why be one to people here?

A lot of things. Depression, suicide, anxiety, anger, been seeing them off and on for 15 years now and they are all useless.

>No they can't. If you are ugly, you will remain ugly, just with a better body.
Bullshit. Usually, people who think they have ugly faces just need to lose bodyfat and it changes everything.

Attached: gianluca-vacchi-antes-y-depues.jpg (1330x750, 223K)

Well I haven't met any. Only decent ones have been physciatrists who work in hospitals

I genuinely don't believe every doctor and therapist you have talked to said to just hit the gym or spent all their time belittling you.

youtu.be/FQLElTVQ_bI

i just keep having nightmares about my childhood. i keep reliving all the abuse in my dreams and it really dampers my day when i wake up in the morning with flashbacks to being beaten and yelled at.

Make sure to see what therapists have for credentials. The ones who did nearly 10 years of studies should be good enough, but degrees aren't everything.

Say bullshit all you want, ugly people dont just transform into models from losing weight.

Damn. Have you ever done therapy on that past of yours? If not, I suggest you give it a try. Those nightmares are your brain trying to digest this shit without being able to.

>particularly unflattering before picture
>particularly flattering after picture

>Say bullshit all you want, ugly people dont just transform into models from losing weight.
Why are you pretending I did not post a picture illustrating my point?

Get plastic surgery gremlin face

Best example of how low bodyfat makes you look so fucking different.

Alot of them are just bad. Last one I remember seeing just lectured me about how I shouldn't smoke weed for 40 minutes. The one before that made me go on her computer and look for sports teams to join.

Sure we as humans are capable of doing wonderous things, however that doesn't forgive the fact we have done horrendous things. Far more terrifying things than good. And every year we are getting worse. How is one supposed to think otherwise. I see that corruption has run itself deep, to deep to be able to be eradicated successfully, into humanities life.

Won't be the first time I hear about shite therapists. It boggles the mind. Dump on sight.

okay doing this
currently at 1000kcal gulag rejime 5 kgs away form 11% body fat.Also I have nice facial features but I am 178cm

>Far more terrifying things than good.
Good things are less spectacular and nobody talks of them. Nobody talks of the millions of awesome parents who do an awesome job every single day of their lives. Consider it.

We are not getting worse, we are objectively getting better, we just know more about the bad, which is not the same.

Just don't imagine humans are angels and focus on the bright side.

What's the best way to cure a patient with post traumatic stress disorder with severity?

>but I am 178cm
>but
That's above average in most countries. You'll be fine.

No, you posted two pictures, both of which were taken to manipulate the viewer into thinking a more substantial change had taken place. He also has hair and a better beard in the second one. Not to mention the angle of his face and lighting. But even if all that was the same, it doesn't look like he was ever ugly and the results of one person don't prove a point.

I'm 38 and started working as a behavioural therapist last year. Never was interested in business or a traditional career. I was a musician and a writer for a long time, studied psychology on the side. Never let myself being pressured into a career or idea of myself that wasnt intrinsic.

This place is fascinating to me as it is a conglomerate of a lot of people scared to face reality. I think the majority of psychosis is derived from civilizatory pressure and ill-advised coping mechanisms, mostly rooted in childhood. The sense of disconnect is immense. And it's growing, as the literature and the statistics show.

Also: As a german I am really interested in the american population. I think Americans suffer form kind of a collective psychosis. It might have to do with their diet there. I spent 8 months at the west coast and the amount of stupidity and celebratory deviance was surprising to me. West Coast is not all that is to America, but especially L.A. striked me as an intellectual wasteland with a staggering amount of idiocy.

It showed me: Our grade of education is stronger, here in Germany. The ideals of humanism and maturity are more alive here. The people I met at the west coast seemed all to be stuck in little dopamin feedback loops. The moment they snapped out of them, they became uneasy. They tide over cognitive dissonance with dopamin feedback loops. This seems to explain the amount of stupidity. Intellecutal growth is not rewarded. Also the significances and priorities of the cultural focus have brought sustaining damage to their cognitive processes in general. I was truly shocked by my experience in L.A. and I've been trying to understand since then, why that is. I think the differences between american and european people are vastly underestimated.

I am afraid Americans have no idea how stupid a lot of them are. It's frightening.

because i can, that's what Yea Forums is for.

>What's the best way to cure a patient with post traumatic stress disorder with severity?
In my opinion, cognitivo-behaviorist therapy.

nope.jpg
I almost certain that I will do GHG to correct this.

So you like being a dick to people as long as you don't know them?

>No, you posted two pictures, both of which were taken to manipulate the viewer into thinking a more substantial change had taken place.
Faggot, this man is famous and you can see his transformation is real. These aren't doctored photos. The angle makes no difference. Google his name, you enormous homococksucking dinosaur.

Can therapist diagnose things like autism?

>I am afraid Americans have no idea how stupid a lot of them are. It's frightening.
Being a European as well, from an equally distinguished nation, I agree with your observation. It's terrifying. Americans need to refocus on education: they were the first intellectual nation, and they have fallen very low.

So you're trying to deny the fact that the common folk are nothing more than cattle to their governments? Project MK ultra for example? Or the fact in 08 it was leaked that the Government is tracking the people via cellphone/computer usage? Or let's discuss how other countries have and continue to use us as cattle. As a soldier we were given random pills across seas and told not to question what they were. Ended up feeding them to the camels which coincidently enough died several days later. In the constant push for a better Tommorow more agony is inflicted upon humanity in the name of "hmanity"

>because i can, that's what Yea Forums is for.
That's an excuse. I'm here as well and feel no desire to be a dick to anyone. Deal with your desires without blaming others for it.

I've been thinking about going to therapy. But I'm awkward and dont really know where to start.

How does a session with a new patient even start?

Because if Its just keep going in and basically being "given the floor" I'll probably freeze up and don't know what to say

Not who you replied to, but I get on this site for some of the same reasons. I half the point of this board is to fuck with people and talk shit; most /btards are at least moderately desensitized, they can take it.

Don't be such an unconfident homo. Height isn't all that much, trust me.

>this man is famous
So?
>aren't doctored
I meant manipulated through use of different shooting conditions. That would be about the only way to prove it. Look at the lighting in the first, how he has to squint, how he has no hair, how his beard is different. The look at the other. Completely different.
>angle makes no difference
You know nothing about photography
>Google his name
What is his name

And again, one person's case is not proof.

then what is ?

What a fucking tard.

You dont have to be a dick if you dont want to.
You understand that you sound like a fucking sheep??

"Hurrr Yea Forums likes to be mean to people so I gotta do it to"
How about trying to be independent?
Why follow the fucking crowd like a loser?

I've been here for 14 years and when I was young I was the same way. I trilled people for bo damn reason. Then eventually I got old and realized "hey....why the fuck am I doing this? It ain't even fun anymore"

And I grew up and stopped.

>Can therapist diagnose things like autism?
Yes.

>So you're trying to deny the fact that the common folk are nothing more than cattle to their governments?
It doesn't matter too much what you are to someone else, as long as you are something else to yourself.

Conspiracy theories are almost always mental illness and not real conspiracies. Your arguments aren't very balanced for reasons I could explain. None of that means there's no truth to what you say, but it's not generally this radical.

It will differ with every therapist. Silence is OK in therapy, and can happen and last, the idea is to be OK with it. It's often used as a way to be able to stand silence, which "suckers" have a hard time with, as they feel they must entertain others and not just "waste their time".

In case of silence, therapists usually just ask a question. Don't worry, it's their job to make you feel OK.

>So?
So you can track his pictures.

>I meant manipulated through use of different shooting conditions.
There's a whole lot more to his change, fag.

>You know nothing about photography
I do. I'm just telling you it's not what makes the difference here, you must be blind.

>What is his name
Do you even filename, dickloving modafuka

>And again, one person's case is not proof.
It is. If one ugly motherfucker can turn into a sexy motherfucker, it means it's possible.

Confidence. Confidence allows you to bloom and show who you are. The rest is details.

beast thread on Yea Forums so far

this guy gets it

>modafuka
Well that's enough to dismiss you right there. Anyway, you are lying about understanding all this stuff and you are willfully ignoring that the majority of change between pics is to do with shooting, rather than his features. He was never ugly in the first place.

Thank you, based user. Wish the likes thing wasn't a joke.

You do what you want on Yea Forums. You can be anything, why be a faggot?

>Well that's enough to dismiss you right there.
That's 90% of the fun.

>Anyway, you are lying about understanding all this stuff and you are willfully ignoring that the majority of change between pics is to do with shooting, rather than his features. He was never ugly in the first place.
Just look at other pictures of him, it's that simple.

It contradicts his entire point

You want to prove it right? Why don't you post them?
Also, one person, not proof.

>You want to prove it right? Why don't you post them?
Because I don't keep a gallery of pictures of this based Italian faggot.

>Also, one person, not proof.
How is it not? He was an ugly motherfucker because he was a weakling and a chubby little faggot. Then he manned the fuck up and now he's glorious. That's enough proof to me, and showing you 50 more men who did the same won't convince you one iota more. Suck a dick.

So I'm pretty informed on socio and psychopathy. How would you actually tell if you feel emotions or are just aware of what they are and can show them without really feeling. Especially compared to other people, like what's the normal level. How do you define it

Yeah I am looking for gf for a loooooooong time.
Can you recommend some books or videos?

I was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder ("something like aspergers" the doctor said) because I hade social issues. However, I heard that symptoms where changed so that simply having social issues doesn't mean Autism. So do I still have Autism? I should mention that I had social therapy, my grandma had paranoid(?) schizophrenia, I have my life in a certain schedule that I don't like deviating from, I make collections of matches, lighters and playing cards (though not all of the time), I used to freeze my toys and microwave things, I don't care about my family and sometimes hate my parents when I'm angry, I may be emotionally stunted, I don't have tantrums or really talk back, I'm introverted most of the time, but extroverted to a small group of "friends" when forced into a class, I spend most of my time imagining some fictional world which changes every once in a while, I sometimes make actions based off thoughts that aren't delusional but not true either*, and I spent some time as a religious person with scrupulosity.

*I would open doors so I would crush Anne Frank and her family during the time I read her diary, I would imagine piercing Jaime Lee Pressley's npples with my binder, I imagine myself swallowing Satan during my religious phase, and now i can't do jumping Jacks without imagining myself crushing Native Americans. I don't choose these thoughts, they just happen.

i dont go on trap and fur threads tho. i insult people on Yea Forums because as the user i mentioned before has pointed out most people here are desensitised. no harm done.

Right. Well, no proof the huh? What a shame. Also, a larger sample size would come closer to convincing me, but given that you seem to have a skewed sense of what makes a face attractive, I don't know how much proof you actually have. You seem to be pretty retarded.

If people being emotional is odd to you, and if you never react the way they do, you might be a psychopath. If you find yourself imitating how others react but not being sure of how it feels or how you should be reacting, same conclusion.

Best self-analysis tool I can offer for now.

How? Just so we’re clear, it’s
speaking

His point was that he doesn't like being a dick to people.

Read about schizotypal and schizoid disorder.

>most people here are desensitised.
You couldn't possibly know this, you just tell yourself this as a way to avoid responsibility of hurting others.

A lot of people with Asperger Sybdrome act similarly though, in that they’re often superficial and have to fake things to put other people at ease. That doesn’t mean they’re psychopaths or lack empathy though.

Indeed, though it does mean they lack empathy. Autists typically fail hard at empathy, but not because they lack emotions themselves, which is a major difference between them and psychopaths.

Psychopaths can be very good at socialising.

i feel no responsibility in the first place. someone gets hurt by words, their problem. especially when it comes from some internet user they'll never meet.

How do I learn to love myself?

>i feel no responsibility in the first place. someone gets hurt by words, their problem.
Speaks for itself.

Imagine you're a child, and you're your own parent. Act towards yourself the way you would towards a child who wasn't you.

You're just a loser who couldn't handle the stress of medical school to become a psychiatrist.

>27 married to a kick ass wife
>Realized 6 or 7 years ago, what I really want out of life is to NOT have to work, play vidya, fuck my wife, eat great food, and generally enjoy my time fulfilling hedonistic desires.
>Knew that I had to earn money to get to that point, so I went to law school and graduated about 3 years ago.
>Been practicing ever since doing pretty well, but I've recently lost the will to keep up...
>I waste my time in the office shit posting on Yea Forums.
>It's only a matter of time before they see my numbers slipping.
>I know I need this job to do the things I want to do in my free time, but I'm so bored.
>What's wrong with me?
>What should I do?

What's more stressful about medical school? Medical school is easier. It's way easier to study the body than it is to study psychology. I just was less interest in biomechanics than I was in the mind, hence my choice.

Thinking medical studies are automatically harder than anything else is a very old meme, but it doesn't add up. If you think knowing how a sphincter works is somehow loftier than knowing how the human mind works, you may have to reconsider your point of view.

i guess.

>What's wrong with me?
You choose your daily activity based on negatives: a job that would allow you not to work, and give you time to do other things

>What should I do?
Find a job you actively enjoy doing, even if that means studying again. 8 hours a day or more, 5 days a week, that's too much time to do something you don't actively enjoy.

What do you think about the cancer that will ensue from McDouche

Attached: mcdouche02.jpg (300x300, 11K)

did someone say Cancer

Attached: McDouche674h475.jpg (1150x860, 120K)

Yeah, i heard Cancer too

Attached: McDouche01.png (530x530, 124K)

Just fucking spare me. I don't know this meme and I don't want to know it.

>Autists typically fail hard at empathy
As an artist myself, I agree that there’s some truth to that. We fail at noticing the more subtle discomforts of other people. Like we might not notice the other person has grown bored with the conversation or is a bit anxious or something. However, we (I do, at least, I think most of us do) do possess basic empathy. Observing other people in physical or emotional pain causes us discomfort, we have the natural desire to wish to alleviate it in some way—even if it’s just a stranger.

>As an artist myself,

>did someone say Cancer
"Cancer" there, i said it

Attached: Mcdouche 03.jpg (386x412, 100K)

Same Fag

>>did someone say Cancer
>"Cancer" there, i said it

Attached: Mcdouche0848jw83w.jpg (1147x853, 125K)

As an *autist* myself

I chose the job based on the long term ability to retire early so I could do those things (and not be homeless/hungry). Based on our income, we can likely retire in 15 years.

What job allows me to fuck around all day with no responsibility?
>inb4 government job

How do you help people destroy their cuckold fetish?

(And also be able to afford a comfortable retirement, regularly going out to eat, buying fun shit, etc.)

>I chose the job based on the long term ability to retire early
That's the problem. This is no way to go about anything. You're getting fucked over by this bad decision now.

>What job allows me to fuck around all day with no responsibility?
No job allows you that. Would you pay someone to do this? No.

Or else become an escort boy.

I hope to stay unemployed as a war photographer till the end of my life.

Attached: McDouche5738w23.jpg (1150x858, 106K)

Find out what turns you on about getting cucked. Finding that out might solve it.

Attached: McDouche47834j4.jpg (1143x854, 115K)

For a war correspondent to miss an invasion is like refusing a date with Lana Turner.

Attached: Mcdouche48923r.jpg (1146x856, 112K)

verb
verb: ensue; 3rd person present: ensues; past tense: ensued; past participle: ensued; gerund or present participle: ensuing

happen or occur afterward or as a result.

Attached: McDouche78584w8.jpg (1061x792, 104K)

stop doing low value work
look at dat ass out my window licker

Attached: McDouche95838j4.jpg (1144x852, 114K)

>tfw finally out of the Yea Forums loop
>tfw it is unintelligible
I'm fucking free, guys.

Is there any hope? I would rather die than anything else at this point. This is all so overwhelming. I'm almost 32, I'm single, I live in a tiny apartment that I hate, I'm on disability, and I'm afraid I'll be trapped here forever. I'd rather die in my sleep.

I'm just sort of hoping you're one of the people that knows Yea Forums is shit, and you aren't spamming shit to try and 'fix' Yea Forums as if being inundated with the same content isn't the problem

That's the thing...no job exists doing what interests me. So I took the next best thing: a job that will let me escape wagecucking sooner than later.

Also, not hot enough to escort.

I hate myself and every one else.
I hope every day of the end of the world or something who would leave le alone on Earth.
I'm fine when i'm alone. Should i try to isolate myself ?

>Is there any hope?
There is.

>I'm almost 32, I'm single,
You have a long time ahead of you, you're young. You don't have to remain single. You can be with someone.

Would you rather work with people, with objects, or neither?

I studied one year of psychology formally, and have read countless studies journals and articles since. I am not an expert. You are. But for the sake of argument just pretend I'm right in my assessment here because I like to pretend:

So say I am positive my gf has bi polar disorder.. and she refuses help. And when she gets in her manic phases she can absolutely destroy her and my life with absolute foolish retardation, and getting her to stop is like trying to get a cat down from a tree by having vicious dogs bark at it.

What approach would you take to getting her to realise she needs help, and what is the next best thing I can do for her?

You should try to love yourself. All else flows from this.

Is there a way to not be socialy akward ?

Have you read the recent article nearly debunking the cbt trend? If so thoughts?

I have this constant feeling that i am the absolute greatest at anything that will come my way, until it actually does. Even if it’s something simple as a job interview or going out with other people. If it usually involves other people I want nothing to do with it when the time comes. Even though I was really excited to go do it. What is wrong with me

>inundated
HUH?

Attached: McDouche847383.jpg (1146x856, 112K)

Why are you on Yea Forums? Do you study us? What do you get out of it?

I've never seen anyone happy or secure with themselves behave anywhere close to this... Food for thought. I'm not a psychologist.

Post Link

I have no reason to love myself i'm a shitty person

is gay good?

Attached: banana.jpg (320x240, 14K)

This cck
no capture required anymore hahahaha

Attached: McDouche847584.jpg (1056x790, 107K)

just like that girl, we got it froze

Attached: Mcdouche857383.jpg (1057x791, 113K)

First: make sure it's bipolar and not Borderline Personality Disorder. The difference is that bipolar lasts for several weeks, whereas BPD may be only a few hours and isn't a cycle in the same sense.

Once you figure out which it is, you can get through the symptoms with her and see if she agrees that the symptoms matches. If she denies and refuses in the face of the obvious, it may mean she knows you're right and doesn't want to face it. This will be complicated.

More importantly this: do not force yourself to help her, you are not her nurse, do not sacrifice your life for her. You will regret it and she will too.

Is it good for you?

Attached: Mcdouche3648593.jpg (1064x790, 117K)

>Is there a way to not be socialy akward ?
Yes. You practice. Eventually, you'll realise you're not that bad at it, then you become good. Relax, don't worry so much, don't care so much, be confident, keep at it.

LOL....OP is not really a psychologists

>article nearly debunking the cbt trend?
I haven't, but I'm highly suspicious already. Provide. CBT, not DBT, is hardly a trend.

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2016/jan/07/therapy-wars-revenge-of-freud-cognitive-behavioural-therapy

My mom is a typical case of narcissistic parenting disorder. Tries to control and live through what I am and do, and doesn't take disagreement or being told something is none of her business well. As any narcissist would, anytime we have it out she always plays the victim and how much she's done for me card. My stepdad won't back me up even though she treats him the same way. Basically says what do you expect me to do I can't control her. Her two largest issues are that if you have an opinion different than hers she takes it personal and becomes very condescending, belittling, and sometimes mildly violent(throws stuff at you or just in general). Problem 2 is that when she disagrees with something you want to do or did in life, even if it is what you want or made you happy, she will bring it up every time you see her for months and how dumb you were to have done it. A life of being raised like this has led me to have crippling self esteem and anxiety about what others think of me, and has left me always trying to please everyone, but especially her. How do I bring our relationship to normalcy? BTW she only treats me, my brother, and my step dad like this, as she knows we are the only people who won't cut her off for the behavior.

hey, i have a question. every day around noon, i just get depressed. i have like a bad thought or something and ill just be utterly sad for about an hour or two. its always around noon, which is the strange part

It helps me not feel so lonely when I am alone, essentially. I also think most anons have issues and benefit from these threads. So is my experience with it.

I have studied people, here and other places, but I'm not here primarily to study anons.

>I have no reason to love myself i'm a shitty person
What makes you think you're a shitty person?

m̶̧̧̢͕̭̣̫̒̃̍̈́ͣ͑ͮ͛̌͋ͨͩͧ̋ͨ̿͗c̴̨̪̣͓͉͕͖͔̘̼̜̜̹̓̔͑͐͑ͬ̒̂̽̓ͭͦ͘d̶̨̦̣̩̮ͪͤͨ̍ͩ͠o̴̘̦͎͖̙̻̖͕̺̯̘̦̳̔͗̇͆̈̍̆̓̎̽̚͘ͅû̷̺̞̼̦̮̭͙̝͙ͮ̒̕c̸̸̣̯̖̙̬̜͖̭̫̫ͯ̀͐ͣ͗̍̊ͦ͌ͬ͐ͬ̇̆͋̚͜͟h̫̰̘͔̦͖̞̥̯̞͖̙̑͐͒̒͆̌̌͑͋̕͘͡͡ȇ̩͓͓͍͓̝̘̱̋͆̄͊́͂ͪ͆̃ͭ̀ͬͪ̔̄̎̀ ̷̷̣̞͉̜̠̪̩̦̺̻̯͎̤̘̹̓͐̿͒ͯ͆͛͆͋ͅͅM̶̛̩̭̙̤̼͍̥ͣ̓͗̍ͦ͂̀̈́̉ͨͧ͋͊̌͗̔̚͜͢C͍̳͍̩̺͕̩̫̱̫̠̪̙͂̌̐̇̓̈ͮ͛͊͑ͤ͐̌ͧͬ̂̏ͭ͡D̶̡̪͓̣̖͖̝̫̹͈͙͙̖͉̪ͩ͒͂̈́ͤͅͅO̴̠͚̹̞̹̗͉ͪ͊̈́̊̇ͫͬ̃̃ͬ̆ͮ̄̄͌U̸͓͍͓̙̮̣̟͎͂̇̂ͮ̆̋̿̎ͫ̋͞C̟̪͉͎̩̝̯̩͂ͦ̽̑͐̑́̎ͣ̒̆͐̎͑͊͐̌͝Ḩ̧̭̤̞̜̤̘͍̤̺͎͖̬͇̠̖̩̋ͮ̊̄͋͊͐́͜ͅE̸̷̷̡̯̥̣̹̞͕̹̩̼͔͕̋̽̿͐̋ͩ͞ͅ ͙̘͚̪̬͛̉͆̑ͤ͒̋̐͜͝i̷̤͍͙̼̟̠͈̳̫̫̼ͭ̇ͪͧ̇́̋ͪ̽̀̑s̡̡̝͓̬̻̥̖̼͉͔̜̦͍̤̥̋͑ͩ̎͘͝͞ ̧̖̦̥̖͔̣̣̮̪ͤ̑͐ͯ̿̾̈́̃̓̕͞a̴̪͉̮̥̣̣͗̋̋ͤ͐͆̊͞l̸͓͈͎̳͕̂͑ͯͬ͐͊̈́̋̊͌̑̊l̵̥̟̦̠̹̬̞̬̼̤̭̳̜̦͖̾̈ͩ͛ͬ̃͘͘͘ ̴̴̡̥̝̹̥̳̠͉̹̱̺͓̮̼ͨ͊̉͂̎̐̂̍͘͜ȧ̸̴̶̧̗͈͙̝̜̼͚̺̹͇̠̮͍̯̓͒̌̿͌ͮͦ̇̆̓͒͒ͨ̽̾̀̚r͚͉̤̞͎̰͙̃̌̈̂͢͟͜͞o̢͎̪̻̯̭̝ͪ̐ͫͦͩͩͬͩ̔̽́͆ͤͯ̏̈ͣ͛ư̸̴͕̝͎̰̼͉̭̥̖͍̖ͤ̊̑̈́ͯ̒̂̉̌͞ṋ̙̬̖̘̹͍͈̗͇͙̯ͪ̓ͬ̒̋ͮ͛̽́̾̉ͩͦͨ́̚͢͞͡d̵̷̡̛̰̘̬̥̭̬̬͉͔ͯ̓ͫ̎͑ͩ̊̍͐ͅ ̶̨̺̘͉̩̖̝͔̣̫͚̭̺̿̇͂ͬͭ̊̽͑͊͊̿͗ͪͯͪͬ͊͒̊͟ự̵̭̹͚̾̈̒̃͋͐̇ͫ̓̋͢s̷̠̙̯͕͚̠͓̪̟͓͌̎ͯ̄ͫ̆͗ͫ̾͋̆̃̔͒̿̈̈͠ ̨̯̞̥̟͇̩͔̪̘̜̭͖̱͈̣̈͗̾̎͊̊̐̑̌ͮ̎͐͒ͫ̊̓̚͘͞t̫͎̞̰͖̣̱͉̰̬̜̰̣̪̩͙̼͌̀͗̊ͨ̃̏ͮ̚o̯̯̤̭͎̥̺̪̭̮̯̼̽̾̐̈́̈́ͭͤͤ̏̍̔͑̄̽̑̀͝ư̛̦̩͍͖͓̣͇͈̾̓̽ͯͪ̓̈́̋͌̒̒̽́͋̇ͧ̔ͫc̢̧̘͙̭̮͚̰̺̼̹̰͎̟̏̾̾ͤͯͅh̢̛̞͖̱̦͍̻̠̩̪̝ͬ̀͑̊̏ͨͫ̽̐̆̎̉ͪ̑ͨ͌ͪ͘͟ ̷̡̱̘̬͍̩͉͓̩̼͖̊ͯ̊̎̄̇̄̏̋͌̈ͤͩ̀͢a̷̜͙̟̬̣̱̻͂̀̍̽͑̾̓ͭ̎̏̔̊̉̒̓̀ͣ͜͝ ̞̙̞̝͓̏̋͆ͮ̋̏͊ͨ̈́̓̃̀̓̆̀̚͝f̷̡̳̝̻͙̮̯̟̯̠ͨ̋͌ͪ̔͋̿̾ͪͭͪ͂̌̌̀͜͢ͅe̴̶̛̹͕͚̹̞̝͉͔̼ͤ͑̎̉ͤ̄ͦ̇̓̉̈́̾̾ͣ͠͡ͅé̪͚͓͓̙̣͕͎̭̹͓͖̯̭̘̣̏͆̎̌̈ͧ͆͑̊͑̚͡l̷̡̖̞̮̠̳̤̬͚̱̖̙̥̦̪͔̝̝͛̌ͩ́͡͞ ̷̧̛̥̤̬͈̩̠̗̖̣̣̺͚̙̫̰̏̽̑̔ͤ͐̋͑͂̽ͭ̌͑͗͛̾ͦ̏̈́͘͟y̡͖̱͚͖͉̯͖̤̘͙͉̙͚̪̭̬̫̔͊ͤ͊̑͛ͧͯa̸̸̩̼͙̪̮̤̻̱͕͚͌̈̏͒ͧ͝ļ̸̵̡͇͔̬̤͈̜͎̦͔̝̹̮̳̠̞̟̩̃̇ͩͯ͂̆̑ͬ̈́̒͐ͩ̍ͧ͗ͬͣͅ ͎̤̙̜͙ͣ̒͛ͧ̐͊̑͗͂̀̚̚͘͠͝͝d̷̸͍͚̗̘͚̬͙͊ͧ̿̑a̶̩̗̞͖͌̔̿̎̍͋̚͡l̡̙̠̤̺̤̙̾̉͂ͤ̉͒̔̀ͯ̽̀͟l̷̠͍̼̝̹͇͕͍̱ͩ͂͂͗̓̎ͤ͆ͩͯ̀͟͜a̴̫̫̟̰̦̯͇̹̺̻̱̜̯͔͙͍̯͛̿̑̓͑̀̋͐ͮͫ͒ͪ͠
m̶̧̧̢͕̭̣̫̒̃̍̈́ͣ͑ͮ͛̌͋ͨͩͧ̋ͨ̿͗c̴̨̪̣͓͉͕͖͔̘̼̜̜̹̓̔͑͐͑ͬ̒̂̽̓ͭͦ͘d̶̨̦̣̩̮ͪͤͨ̍ͩ͠o̴̘̦͎͖̙̻̖͕̺̯̘̦̳̔͗̇͆̈̍̆̓̎̽̚͘ͅû̷̺̞̼̦̮̭͙̝͙ͮ̒̕c̸̸̣̯̖̙̬̜͖̭̫̫ͯ̀͐ͣ͗̍̊ͦ͌ͬ͐ͬ̇̆͋̚͜͟h̫̰̘͔̦͖̞̥̯̞͖̙̑͐͒̒͆̌̌͑͋̕͘͡͡ȇ̩͓͓͍͓̝̘̱̋͆̄͊́͂ͪ͆̃ͭ̀ͬͪ̔̄̎̀ ̷̷̣̞͉̜̠̪̩̦̺̻̯͎̤̘̹̓͐̿͒ͯ͆͛͆͋ͅͅM̶̛̩̭̙̤̼͍̥ͣ̓͗̍ͦ͂̀̈́̉ͨͧ͋͊̌͗̔̚͜͢C͍̳͍̩̺͕̩̫̱̫̠̪̙͂̌̐̇̓̈ͮ͛͊͑ͤ͐̌ͧͬ̂̏ͭ͡D̶̡̪͓̣̖͖̝̫̹͈͙͙̖͉̪ͩ͒͂̈́ͤͅͅO̴̠͚̹̞̹̗͉ͪ͊̈́̊̇ͫͬ̃̃ͬ̆ͮ̄̄͌U̸͓͍͓̙̮̣̟͎͂̇̂ͮ̆̋̿̎ͫ̋͞

Attached: McDouche74582384.jpg (1148x854, 114K)

If getting a cock in your ass makes you feel the love of Heaven, then yes, it is.

ty user

Practice with who ? I don't even know how to met people

meme is gay

Attached: McDouche738208484.jpg (1145x856, 121K)

Race and IQ: there's a strong connection there. Do you think we'll eventually uncover direct evidence for the difference in intelligence between racial groups, and if so, what will this mean for the "melting pot" meme?

Are you crazier than your patients?

Oh it's bipolar alright. The moods last weeks, the worst I've seen is months. Then she's fine again for months. I've seen her do well for years even.

>I'm fine when i'm alone. Should i try to isolate myself?
Yes, develop self-reliance and survivalist skills and move out in the middle of nowhere, like Ted Kaczynski did. Once you’ve spent a sufficient amount of time without human contact, your purpose will become abundantly clear.

Attached: BAD627F0-5D27-4CBB-BD8D-171BCAD0CC7B.png (220x293, 38K)

Doing well as in maybe I didn't notice because the damage to my life (as in bank account) isn't suffering immensely as a result. But this last episode she's really fucked everything up bad.

I have no quality, i pretty much suck at everything i try, i'm lazzy and a coward.
Everyone i see around me are just better in everything.

Fo' Sho' me niggiiii

Attached: McDoucheu0004738383.jpg (1146x852, 115K)

A friend of mine recently had a fire and her house is comlpetely burnt to the ground. Would you recommend that she seeks professional help to overcome the trauma that she has experienced?

my ex gf cheated with a dude I know. I see him as this nasty loser as he is known to fuck underage girls and try to get with his mates girls and stuff. he likes to send dick pics and it was even leaked once or twice. he has a 10cm small dick and my ex told me she knows his ex and that she told her she didn't feel his dick inside her when they had sex. he started to text her and hit on her while we had a small fight. he is very manipulative and stuff.

my problem is that I'm overthinking. every time I get with girls I fuck up by overthinking that they will get bored of me, fuck other dudes and stuff like that. it gets so bad that it has ruined potential relationships with new women. I know I overthink but while I overthink I get super depressed and angry and don't think logically. it has also happened that I overthink that my friends don't like me or that they hang out with me over pitty rather than wanting to. that thought terrifies me and pushes me into short periods of depression where my self confidence drops to 0 and I get insane thoughts of murdering people I feel threaten my future. sometimes its reversed and I want to kill my self. I have tried once and been careful since that as I feel bad after because it felt so selfish. I remember coming home to find my friend eagerly waiting for me to speak to him. he was undoubtedly missed talking to me. he was going through a breakup and needed me. he only spoke to me about it so there was this disgusting feeling inside me. it was like I felt bad because I almost removed my best friend his friend (me) when he needs a friend like that the most.

Attached: 1490950815957.png (728x522, 277K)

Thank you, I'll need more time to read this, but what I like about CBT is precisely that it's down to earth and produces results. Psychoanalysis isn't entirely wrong, but a lot is indeed irrelevant nowadays, as it always was.

That said, it may work for others more than down to earth things, so who knows. I'll try to read it soon.

I'll relist the things I actually enjoy doing:
1. Fuck (the wife plus others - got this covered as we swing)
2. Eat good food (including going out to eat at fancy restaurants)
3. Play vidya/watch movies/TV
4. Have a place to live.
5. Have no responsibility to do anything (knowing I have to get up and go to work all day in order to continue living my life stresses me out...I need to reach financial independence)
6. Chilling with friends and drinking beer/whiskey

I have no other real interests...I've tried art, crafting, programming, gardening, playing instruments, sales, construction, restaurant work...

I still feel like my best call was to get a job that is alright (not intense labor), that paid well enough to retire early.

Fuck off you generalizing asshole. Your people are all a bunch of stick up your ass cavities lacking a sense of humor. There's plenty of smart Americans, we vastly outnumber you. The dumb ones of us, do tend to populate LA. There's 49 other states in the nation. And you didn't even visit Northern California where the engineers are. Please. Kindly. Fuck off.

>How do I bring our relationship to normalcy?
I speak from personal experience, as both my parents were like this. You burn bridges. Take your freedom. Nobody needs this fucking shit in their lives. You don't either.

>as she knows we are the only people who won't cut her off for the behavior.
That's the lesson you have to teach her, and learn for yourself. Only this will establish a healthier connection, should a connection remain.

I am sorry, user.

artistic as fuck. this is masterpiece

>hey, i have a question. every day around noon, i just get depressed. i have like a bad thought or something and ill just be utterly sad for about an hour or two. its always around noon, which is the strange part
Possibly you eat around noon, and digesting takes a lot of energy, which makes you more tired, which makes you more depressed, as fatigue easily makes you prone to depressive feelings. Just a guess.

Why are you, someone gripping with the throngs of their own existential loneliness, of the belief that you are qualified to help others with their struggles with their existential problems?

Tj is that you?

This makes it clear you were too stupid to be a psychiatrist.

>Practice with who ? I don't even know how to met people
Join a club, something you like, and like it with others. That's a start. Chess would be an idea, you'd meet nerds who may not be great at socialising.

Different fag...

In 1977 or sometime around the average Iq for black people was like 80.

It's now like 98 or 99. Keeping in mind the standard deviation is 15 (it means the average is spread very equally by 15 points meaning there are as many black people with IQ 114 as there would white people with an IQ of 84 (that's you)), and the Flynn effect (IQ 100 in 1977 would be almost retarded today, we're getting smarter and they have to keep adjusting it so the average remains 100), the IQ gap has closed very rapidly.

The reason for this is genetics sets an IQ POTENTIAL. Not your IQ. As black people.have better access to education, resources, technology and social services and get treated better, their scores are rising.
And goddang you and I both know black people still don't all exactly live in gated communities with half a million dollar houses...

Tl;Dr

We know a lot more than you realise.

>Race and IQ: there's a strong connection there. Do you think we'll eventually uncover direct evidence for the difference in intelligence between racial groups, and if so, what will this mean for the "melting pot" meme?
This has been studied for decades. The result is this: heritability is about half genetics and half nurture, but it's not racial so far as we can tell. Studies showed that adopted African babies will score higher than average if raised by wealthy American whites, while the control group will score according to the local average, so like 90 or less for the control group and over 115 for the adopted babies, even though they are genetically of the same people (and race).

There's no strong connection between IQ and race, there's a correlation, but it's mostly due to nurture, not nature. If you are raised by morons, you're more likely to become a moron yourself. That's all.

1. Got any tips to beat a crippling lack of motivation? It's difficult to do anything productive unless it's an emergency.

2. Is it normal to sometimes feel so neutral you don't want to do anything including having sex so you just default to whatever is easiest at the time?

That doesn't mean much. I have issues that I deal with, though. Partly how I learned. Partly how I can relate to others with comparable issues.

Then convince her, say it threatens your relationship, and if she doesn't do it for herself, she could consider doing it for you, as you suffer unfairly in this.

That same study showed that white children in the same situations scored higher in both categories than the black children.

Oh my poor dear! You are most likely wrong about 90% of these!

Remember, you'll see others' obvious pluses, but not the bad stuff, as this is less visible, whereas your own shortcomings will be known to you.

I am sure you aren't that bad, poor user, you only have low self-esteem.

The hardest part is just that my brother is only 16 and still lives with them so unfortunately to maintain a relationship with him which I'd like to, I have to someone not burn the bridge entirely, as my mom goes as far as to keep him from me when we have our quarterly blowout and don't speak for a week. Currently in one actually. Went to pick him up Tuesday to do something which I was told I could do and she came outside anyways (as I just waited in the driveway) and made my brother get out of my car, cancelling our plans for the day.

>IQ 100 in 1977 would be almost retarded today, we're getting smarter and they have to keep adjusting it so the average remains 100
Probably more accurate to say we're getting better at the types of problem solving involved in IQ tests, because those types of tasks are now part of our daily lives. We're not really more intelligent, and we may actually be getting dumber. For example, working memory is on the decline.

I would. It's a major loss and therapy, even if it's short, can help.

Working on it. She "made a Dr appointment" which has been "2 months away" for two months now.

Mk ultra isn't a conspiracy user. Nor was the 08 leak. I believe you are in fact in denial of the truths around you. That's the problem with psychologists they want you to turn a blind eye to reality

What the fuck?

visit /fit/. sounds like you lack a purpose in your life try working out some. if you start to work out once a week you already beat most people in health which will make you appear above average attractive and above average strength.

Sounds very Borderliny, consider reading about it to know how to handle it.

Also this:

1. be responsible for your part, not the part of others - if someone wants to cheat on you, there's nothing you can, or should, do; it's on them; if someone wants to cheat, it will let you know this was not the right person; take no responsibility in their cheating: it means nothing about you

You would benefit from having projects and dreams. You must feel somewhat empty only relying on happiness as a reason to live. Consider doing things to help others; this perhaps could do for you what nothing else does. Consider doing humanitarian work or something of the sort.

Guy you're replying to and
Yes much more accurate. Except I wouldnt say we're getting dumber.. I mean working memory, so your RAMs going down. Doesn't mean you're dumber..
The problem solving skills were getting better at due to, as you say, exposure, is broadly applicable and the definition of smart.

...an awful lot more flat Earthers than I'm comfortable with though.

Working memory is on the decline because you're filling your brain with tons of other unnecessary shit because smart phones.

>Why are you, someone gripping with the throngs of their own existential loneliness, of the belief that you are qualified to help others with their struggles with their existential problems?
Mainly because I have been successful countless times before. I'm also certified by the highest authorities in place, though that comes second.

You'll benefit more from talking with someone who knows what you're going through than someone who has no clue. Remember, problems aren't weaknesses.

If I once had a shoelace problem, and found a way to fix that shit, and you have a shoelace problem, I'm likely to be of great use.

Perhaps...I do enjoy helping other people out.

In the meantime re: work is there anything I can do to instill passion in something that is just meh to me?

>This makes it clear you were too stupid to be a psychiatrist.
It's easier to become a psychiatrist: you study the human body, then do the same training psychologists do to become therapists. It's basically the same except with an easier basis. There's a lot less to read in medical studies.

>(IQ 100 in 1977 would be almost retarded today,
IQ's aren't supposed to change over time, 100 is the means by definition.

why cant i find happiness?
i decided to sort my life out around the time i turned 18. i worked very hard to improve myself and my life. i started working out regularly and got in good shape after having been a fatty most of my life, i slowly made career progressions and i started getting normie friends.
im now 28, i have a very well paying job, im healthy and fit, i live in a nice place and i can afford the things i want to buy and i have plenty of people who are my friends, however i have never once felt happy. my life is 90% feeling basically nothing and 10% feeling like shit.
ive tried everything, i found myself a great looking girl with a fun and nice personality, dated for half a year or so but still just blank. i guess i did like her a lot but i sure as hell didnt feel any happier than i had before. i went on what should have been a dream holiday with her,
went through several countries in asia and lived in nice hotels and saw amazing things, at the end of the day id go to sleep in the same bed with the person i like and i knew that realistically this is what should make people happy, but no, nothing.

broke up with her and tried if i would have better luck focusing more on myself, travelled alone, tried new hobbies, whatever, but still, nothing.

whats wrong with me? why do i not feel any better about myself regardless of if i succeed or if i fail? am i just supposed to not be happy? am i not understanding something everyone else do? wtf is happiness?

What do, why sad

See schizoid, especially if you don't feel the need to be with other people.

>That same study
It didn't. There were no white children in that area to study with, but the same type of experiments has been done elsewhere.

White children in Romanian orphanages became literally retarded due to nurture, not genetics. Too retarded to even do IQ tests.

Genetics is basically potential, and nurture, including self-nurture, is activation. Both influence each other, so it's very tricky to say which does what, as they always interact. With time, people tend to make the environment suit them more, which means their potential gets more activated.

>the black children.
In that study, the black kids who were adopted by smart white parents scored way higher than local American white kids, despite being themselves from a country that has sub 90 IQ on average.

Psychology isn't science, it's just interpreted statistics.

Only 2 years until he's an adult. Don't let her get away with shite behaviour.

>We're not really more intelligent, and we may actually be getting dumber. For example, working memory is on the decline.
It's not. And we are indeed getting more intelligent. We adapt to our own world.

>Mk ultra isn't a conspiracy user.
All right, can you provide me with credible evidence then?

just googled the symptoms and stuff. I don't cut myself and or anything like that. I don't think I can compare myself to those who suffer from it though as I don't do anything irrational like impulse buying and eating and stuff. a thing I do recognize is the rapid change in my mood. I talked to this girl I was sweat on. got really sad and angry at her because I was obsessed with her sending nudes to her mates without having any proof of it at all. after an hour or so, I got really fucking happy. I didn't get it but I wasn't exactly complaining. I know that she is tired of me and I can see it in her behavior, yet I still felt confident enough to flirt with her like I did when we first met. my confidence and generall happyness go from 0 to 100 in just hours. idk. should I speak with a psychiatrist and make appointments and stuff? I can get enraged too. more rarely and even more rarely violent. but if I get that way and see the dude that fucked my gf I know I will murder him. I have even planed it somewhat so if I get the chance and have a really bad day he will probably die. not that it's a bad thing as he raped his little sister. nobody will really miss him

>I mean working memory, so your RAMs going down. Doesn't mean you're dumber..
There's debate over that, which is why brain games and n-back gained popularity. The promise was that a gain in working memory (which in this case was probably just an improvement in concentration) would lead to improved cognitive abilities, since there's some correlation between fluid intelligence and working memory. Overall, it seems like things didn't really pan out since working memory games tend to result in domain specific gains, with low to no transfer to other domains.

Probably some truth to this. We're pulled in a lot of directions in today's world. I think it leads to some ADD like behavior.

What?

>is there anything I can do to instill passion in something that is just meh to me?
I'd say no.

>Perhaps...I do enjoy helping other people out.
My guts tell me this is the path for you. Once you focus on others, you will find yourself. Sounds cliché and ass, but might just be the truth. Prepare for happiness.

I am the wanna be sexy guy.What books do you recommend on the get sexy part?

Gotta go, anons. Love you all.

I love chess, i will try thank you

gn bro

Based.

Night, champ.

>And we are indeed getting more intelligent. We adapt to our own world.
Not at the rate that our iq is increasing. Our intelligence potential is no higher today than in the past. We're just better at reaching our potential thanks to nearly everyone being educated and being forced to learn critical thinking. Even how well we're reaching our potential is debatable. As you say, we're adapting to our environment, which favors certain types of thinking and knowledge over others. We're great at working with technology, yet the majority of us couldn't survive more than a few days in the wild, something many of our ancestors could have done with ease.

Also, yes, our working memory is declining. This has been documented, and is in stark contrast to gains elsewhere.

Oh I'm not. This past Friday was final straw she started a petty argument and verbal attack on me and after 2.5 years of my gf staying silent she finally stood up for me. My mom responded by calling her a bitch, asking why I always bring her with me, accused her of causing my mental issues, telling us both we weren't welcome in her house anymore, and throwing a bowl of dog food in my face. Haven't spoke to her since and my brother was off school Tuesday so he asked me to pick him up to go bowling, which I know he wouldn't have without her approval. Then as I waited in the driveway since I was told I wasn't welcome in her home, she came out on the porch screaming at me like a Hoosier of why won't I talk to her and I told her until me and my gf got apologies I wasn't so she then told my brother to get out of my car. I'm 31 and it's been this way for as long as I can remember we have these blowouts about quarterly then in a week or two pretend it never happened but the digs still don't stop it just doesn't escalate to this but about once a quarter. I'm not letting this one just get swept under the rug though. Just wish it didn't have to affect my brother and mines relationship because he's too young to understand why I can't just sweep this one under the rug for the sake of me and him.

But it's going to be a huge tradeoff for me. For example, I could do some serious levels of pro bono work at a legal clinic, but I'd rake in shit pay that barely covers my rent and I won't be able to enjoy a lot of my hedonistic desires since they take money to indulge. E.g. can't go out to eat, can't buy better computer/new vidya, can't stay at home for a week with no responsibility because clinic work barely provides time off, and most importantly, I'll never be able to retire because of shit pay, no pension, and barely able to contribute to a retirement account...it stresses me out knowing I have no power to leave...

We are probably looking at different studies then. Without a comparison we can only say that quality nurture increases potential, it doesn't say anything about base potential.

Make all the leaps you want, genetics and IQ are well documented to be closely linked.

It seems pretty broad, basically being sort of low on emotion and less interested in people - I guess I feel that way, not sure what to do about it or how to get motivation to get things done though.

Thanks for your input.

Can i chat with u over mail ?

cia.gov/library/readingroom/search/site/MK-Ultra

And thus why I hate humanity

My step dad contacted me yesterday with the what do you want me to do about it I said I guarantee if she treated your mom this way you'd do a lot more. Also told him if she ever throws anything at me again I'm pressing charges and that since everyone's name will get drug into it anyways once she apologizes the 5 of us can sit down and talk so it's not he said she said of only me and my mom being present.

how garbage are your job prospects?

Are there like real transsexuals or all of them are just attention seeking cunts?

Hey fun-killer here
I have not that recently now, lost my sister . We where very close and losing her; was very hard . Now even if she's been gone since 3 years i still feel like will never be happy anymore. Whatever i do i always end up thinking about how i'm gonna never see her again
I alredy saw a therapist about it who told me that sadness was good and was part of the process and shit like that but it's been to long now i just want it to stop
I tried everything : therapy , friends, alchool, drugs, i have also tried all the bullshit i found on google so i don't think you can give me more advice but i would like a total honest answer (since i don't pay you i think i can trust you)
Does all your patient who lost someone get happy again ?

I think I have schizoid personality disorder. I feel like a legit crazy person. A danger to society. What should I do?

I rather ask a proctologist instead, my ass itches like crazy after I take a shit, I shower every day and dont wear tight clothing so what gives

I have everything I could dream about, what everyone would say is a perfect life, a woman who loves me, a lot of money and I've traveled all over the world, but the only thing I can think about every day is to die, as soon as possible . Tips?

that's Michael Fassbender
-you twat

27yo. never had a gf. don't have friends. am i retarded ? should i neck myself ?