Discuss

Discuss

Attached: owls.jpg (386x479, 31K)

You got me thinking there OP.
Do we eat any carnivores? I can't think of any. Maybe they don't taste as good?
Also owl meat might be too difficult to massproduce.

???????
Humans eat a fuck ton of carnivores, you dim-witted retard. Bear is consumed. Tons of carnivorous fish are consumed. How stupid are you?

OP, this is a complicated question that requires you to have a plethora of knowlege regarding a variety of subjects to understand. But ultimately, we don't eat owls because we don't have to eat owls. The amount of effort required to catch an intelligent bird is substabtially greater than picking grubs from a dead tree.

A lot of fish are carnivores. If you've had tuna, thats a predator. We also eat eel, salmon, ducks, ect.

There is practically no meat to eat because they are all feathers and their meat doesn't taste good

Didn't think of fish. My bad.
So that hypothethis is out the window I guess.

Fish is farmed.

Maybe owls grow too slow to be economical?
Also this?
It can't be because we consider them "smart" since we also eat horse for example.

Pigs can be smart and eat everything..

Because this is what owls look like after you pluck em. Not very appetizing.

there's a bit of a cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy when it comes to animals, humans and their moral code as a whole. we're generally fine slaughtering and consuming some animals en masse such as cows, pigs, deer, rabbits, etc. yet, the moment somebody sticks their dick in one and allows it to live everyone screams bloody murder. if we can build an entire industry around the killing of some animals, why then is it that in some areas other animals are seen as forbidden or taboo like the owl, or the cat or the dog?
for that matter, why is it that cannibalism is such a no no? surely with the proper research, treatment and handling human meat has the capability to solve the global hunger crisis.
and why then is incest frowned upon so much? people preach gay rights, and i respect that, because whatever two consenting adults choose to do with one another behind closed doors is none of my concern. yet if those two consenting adults just so happen to be related it's a disgusting crime against nature. iunno, man.

Attached: owls-without-feathers-fb__700-png.jpg (700x368, 30K)

I meant that some consider dogs for example off limits because they are smarter than animals like chicken, cows or sheep.

good point

Bears only eat honey dumb dumb

Horses are dumb as fuck. Being dumb is a prerequisite for most domesticated farm animals. You get your news from facebook, son.

>has never seen a quail

An actualy interesting thread on Yea Forums ?

Attached: D7D07E2B-EB7A-46C7-8261-EAE2FFBF5F0E.gif (741x674, 118K)

As far as I remember mamals that eat their own kind tend to get sick.
I read some stories about cannibal tribes wiped out because of it.
Also that is why BSE came up, we feed cows to cows and they got brain damage that even when eaten could effect us.

Not enough meat to justify it. Also they eat critters. Love them owls.

I grew up around horses and cows.
Horses recognise people and can be trained to do about anything anatomical possible.

Ive eaten owl actually. I live farther south now but I used to live up in the yukon and hunted quite frequently with others and on my own from the time I was a kid. From the time I first picked up a gun I was taught the ncative way, whatever you kill you eat unless its going to kill you (incase of the meat having worms or a disease). As such I ate alot of different animals, because of that no wastage rule. I killed a great grey owl once for the feathers and because I needed something for me my dog to eat on an unsuccessful canoeing trip when I was 17. Honestly it kinda tasted like shit, not the worst meat I had by far and I certainly was able to eat all of it but its just such dark and tough meat that doesnt take well to seasoning either. So yeah thats why humans never started eating owls.

Having eaten owl, it does not taste good.
It tastes like vermin smell, even cooked.

As to why we don't domesticate and farm them
It's likely for the same reason we don't eat other predatory birds like eagles or hawks. They all eat meat which means extra steps in raising the animal(ie raise the food that they eat).

This and the amount of meat one owl has should answers OP's question then.

What about insects? In the western world we don't eat them even though I was tought they are rich in protein and the biggest biomass by kind on the planet -> probabbly cheap af

I posted farther below but the long and short of it is ive eated owl and it tastes like shit. Also yes carnivores in general do. Carnivore meant isnt exactly bad for you aside from the higher iron content it just has a really strong flavor and doesnt take to being cooked and seasoned too well. There are exceptions though (although these are just in my opinion) seal is decent especially in the winter when they have lots of blubber, bear meat is also decent and can be a great meat when grilled, smoked or salted right although bears are all mostly omnivorous so thats a big factor there, the last I can think of enjoying myself is wolf however its not that far off from dog just less oily (ive eaten dog too wouldnt reccommend it)

Hey dude bears are omnivores. Also fish are so genetically different from carnvorous mammals and birds that its a pretty innaccurate comparison to other carnivores. Source: have eaten owl tastes like shit

Because if you do, owl fucking kill you

O rly?

Flash news: crickets are now sold in protein powder and in dried form in health stores(even in some groceries) in my area

Owl is still easier to catch than a hawk, or eagle.

Owl is the most stupid from predator birds.

Literally all birds are edible, the taste homever is a different story.

Ive eaten alot of crickets and grasshoppers so I have no problem with them since they just taste like crunchy nothing with squishy nothing inside. I dont like or dislike them theyre just a source of energy for when energy is at a premium. Other bugs however I dont like eating, plus tons out there will really fuck you up anyway so its always best to stick to crickets and grasshoppers. As for a future food im totally cool with it however I dont see it catching on as anything more than an efficient environmentally and cost effective food source. Due to the fact that regardless of whether youre someone who can stomache eating insects or not other meat always tastes better. It just does and nobody is pretending it doesnt. So its not difficult for me to imagine a blade runner esc future where animal protein becomes a delicacy of the rich while the masses who now overpopulate a mostly dead earth are forced to subsist on farmed insect protein for survival due to it being the only viable option.

too much bother for too little meat
Birds have generally low nutritional value and are hard to hunt.
Most birds that are hunted are either flock animals, flightless, or large. Owls are neither