Yea Forums I just finished taking my picat and all the paperwork with it...

Yea Forums I just finished taking my picat and all the paperwork with it, what are some tips for someone going into the army?

Attached: ar.png (450x450, 368K)

Volunteer for everything. Your superiors will notice and you'll make rank faster.

Have you gone through MEPS yet?

No, i'm going through meps next week

This 100 percent

>salutes to you my hero
Thank You For Your Service To This Great Nation

Attached: thumb_welcome-to-the-salty-spitoon-how-tough-are-you-how-42703488.png (300x225, 41K)

I'm shipping out next week Sunday. (Staying at the hotel then Monday ship) I picked 11x infantry. What's your MOS? Also have fun at MEPS that shit sucks and takes fucking all day.

have fun cleaning for four years

tf out of here you boot newfag. go ask for help on reddit where you belong

3 years and 11 weeks actually

re enlist for 3 percent off the apr on that spanking new camaro

I'm picking my MOS tomorrow, my recruiter tried pushing military police but also mentioned that I should look for something with a big bonus

Make sure to pop a Rick Flair 'WOOO' once you get off the bus.

make sure you blow it on strippers and booze. Don't disappoint us faggot

shave your head before you get to basic, save the barber some time

Don't, join the marines you bitchboy

Don't forget to call your drill sergeants "sir"

What the fuck is a picat

probably the most important tip there is. Also don’t be afraid to get some cake during dinner

never disobey your superiors and be prepared to make the best of getting reemed out, reinforce your will to take orders and like the fpbp said volunteer for everything possible. the only way to get anywhere in this world is to simply do it and since the army is about chain of command take as much shit as possible, but that doesn't mean be someones bitch like the privates around you. just do as your told and be happy to do so. you'll wake up each day noticing the days going by faster. good luck and thanks for your service.

Air Force fag here, crew chief (2A5X1), anyone got any tips? leave for boot in little over a month

Listen big bonus is nice, its mainly to fill shit positions. Think long term of what can I do when I get out that this would look good on a resume. You can't put 11 Bang bang on a resume and look good for anything other than construction. Mainly because they are the lowest scoring on the ASVAB. Seriously though, whoever is volunteering my hats off to you assholes! Six years active one combat tour, and injured in combat providing me a pension! 10th Mountain leads the way!

enjoy the san antonio weather and don’t lock your knees on the parade deck

Don't.

15E 1st AD just don't fucking give up man. This shit is not hard.

Pick something that will benefit you when you get out. Unless you want to be a cop or contractor, dont go infantry.

Don't be a hero. They're the ones that die. Don't come back in a box. Just follow the orders and don't be stupid. You'll be fine.

>said the commie

Get an MOS that translates to a well paid civilian career. Welding is a big one and the Army has one of the best welding prohrams. If you're dead set on doing something combat related then go 68 series and be a medic.

I did 8 years as a 13F, did three years between Iraq and Afghanistan. Went to JFO and sniper school. When I got out, I had absolutely no job prospects until after college. I'm currently a firefighter & EMT with a business degree and currently going for my welding certifications. If I knew at 19 what I know now, I would have enlisted as a medic instead of struggling once I got out.

You can list combat arms MOS experience as management and supervisory expreience. It's how I spun my military career into something worthwhile on a resume.

Bonuses are nice, but if you think for one second there might be a chance you'll want to go to college later on in your life, TAKE ANY AND ALL COLLEGE BENEFITS THEY OFFER!!!

I didn't sign up for the Army College Fund, I only did the GI Bill. I was fortunate in that they did a thing before I ETS'd my enlisted years where if you paid an extra $600 into your GI Bill, whatever amount you signed up for would be doubled. That was almost 20yrs ago so no idea if that's still going on. But I'm telling you, when I eventually DID get to college, I kicked myself every other day for not taking the Army College Fund.

I made it through, no problem, but having the ACF most definitely would have made the experience less stress-inducing.

As for MOS's, I agree with everyone else on here: it sounds awesome & all that, but unless you seriously plan to spend 20+ years doing it, do NOT go Infantry. Military Police might be a decent option; provided you have an Honorable Discharge, after you get out you'll be a shoo-in for civilian employment as a cop/State Trooper, prison guard or even the FBI. I've known 4 different people who went those routes, all successful.

>10th Mountain leads the way!

Nah, bro. Eighty Deuce is where it's at. I won't fuck w/ you cliffhangers any more than I need to, but at least you're not a "dope on a rope."

LMAO! You guys, I swear...

Don't. Unless you want to be cannon fodder or die in a friendly fire accident.

NO!!!! DO NOT GO MP AT ALL EVER FOR ANY REASON.

go for a program they will still grab you even up to28 years old