What's the best game of all time?

What's the best game of all time?

I vote pic related, but The Ocarina of Time is a close second. I just wish it was longer.

Attached: half life 1.jpg (320x240, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gu_v4dXQxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

World of Warcraft dont @ me

You might as well be a drug addict if that's your fave.

I agree with OP but would like to add Castlevania SOTN

Chrono Trigger

Mega Man 2 or 3

Thief: The Dark Project

Pokémon Black & White

in a niche ya. loved the ambiance

Super Mario 3

Mount and blade warband

This?

Attached: DFDE3D24-E008-4116-AE9E-27EA23653A13.jpg (224x225, 21K)

Oot, ughh nintendofags are the worst

Interstate 76

Serious sam: TSE

Nothing even comes close.

Attached: FLdwNF8GyNNcfrahxGs3vh-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 100K)

word. that was great. i preferred the 1st one because it was more novel.

cant wait for the new one im not sure if i can run it. good excuse to buy a new computer.

Bubsy 3d better than that shit

by far the best story of any game I've played. Amazing sense of immersion for the game tech available at the time, great soundtrack, years of replayability with mods, and the mapping program Worldcraft was included with the GOTY edition so you could make your own levels, which I did often for LAN games. Definitely my best game.

No, this one.
(Although All stars for snes works if it's allowed cause enough for eternity on that cart)

Attached: Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png (220x302, 102K)

Metal Gear Solid 2

Attached: 220px-MetalGearSolid2-Substance_screenshot1.jpg (220x165, 8K)

Attached: 51DJCGRBPPL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 28K)

quite likely, y.

ITT nostalgia

Not the obscure game that made you all warm and fuzzy when you were a kid. I mean The Best Game Ever.

Dark Souls because I'm not a nostalgia fag

this one

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 40K)

after you

Easily the best game! Much better than the prequel

Attached: .jpg (500x626, 48K)

A Link To The Past

With the nostalgia goggles on it's Diablo 2

Attached: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3.jpg (450x550, 26K)

sweet memories

Attached: 10_1.jpg (800x600, 59K)

Ah, I see. Still pretty good.

right.

it's all about business.
run, shoot, frag, repeat.
simole and effective, and even relaxing to a point.

Attached: 1389666569793.jpg (520x638, 218K)

try me bitch

Attached: best.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

If it had that effect on you and stands out for it to this day, isn't that the goal of making these games?

It's the atmosphere and immersion that draws you in and makes this happen. There's nothing more powerful than that. If the storyline is great that's cool, but if you can't place yourself in it, what's the point?

I aint gone lie, Max payne change my life.

Attached: fd.jpg (1300x975, 128K)

I want them to make a new "this game has by far the best graphics ever" game

Tribes....anyone play?

Attached: starsiege_tribes_3.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

Ocarina is fucking terrible.

i built a pc just to play this game.

Attached: h.jpg (460x215, 32K)

I did once.

Attached: maxdefault.jpg (1280x720, 170K)

you're fucking terrible

how could you not like it?

Def mount and blade

Attached: 20190315180512_1.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

sensible soccer

Autism

Oot is way overrated. What sorta shitty platforming game doesn't have a jump button?

lol cuz you can't jump? die in a fire.

Severance, Blade of Fucking Darkness, bitch.
Not the shitty jap jump and run retarded console shit called DS

max payne made it cool to look like you are constipated all the time.

Half life is my pesonal favourite probably bc nostalgia but Deus Ex is definitely #1. Definitely the most well written game I've played.

Fucking nostalgia faggots how old are you? 60? Here are some pro choices for best game of all time you stupid boomers

NFS underground 2
Diablo 3
League of Legends
Halo 2
Call of duty 3
Mass effect 3
The last of us
CS:GO

Kerbal Space Program

Best game ever

Attached: iL75g4Z7QrdccJ5PmCQc2b.jpg (1370x771, 141K)

im probably the only one here but bf2142 and quake wars are two of the best team shooters ever created. people say they don't like the mix of twitch shooting and strategic gameplay but i like it.

Attached: battlefield_2142.jpg (1600x1200, 322K)

There is only one best

And it is undoubtedly Gothic 2

Attached: jjojoo.jpg (1920x1080, 373K)

Super underrated post. I've wasted hours on this game. It's built to mod it so you it really has the best replay value of any game.

this and

Attached: Bayonetta_box_artwork.png (250x283, 149K)

>A man may leave the zone but the zone never leaves the man

Attached: SoC.jpg (220x309, 31K)

kys
the best games are the games that you enjoyed the most in your life
and for non-degenerates like you, these were our games.

get the fuck out with your LOL and csgo.
diablo 3 is a mess, nfs underground was for niggers
halo 2... only good game u have.
oh, last of us is shit too.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

spoken like a true stalker.
you may not get out of here, stalker.

Hahaha lmao lolololol ut99 owns any quake

BF2 owns your shitty bf2142 trash

EVE Online

i was born in 96 but half life was still my first and only FPS for years. also loved C&C: Tiberian Sun, my first RTS
came from a poor familiy with one shitty beige computer and no internet until maybe 2006

It's bad game design to have a game based around platforming puzzles and not have a dedicated jump button. Instead shitty oot requires you to line up your jumps just right. If you're off by a couple degrees, you miss and have to climb back up to the platform.

That's not a good design.

Battletoads

Excellent game, truly revolutionary for it's time. I really do think that much of it's score came from the graphics and replay value at the time though. I will, however, rate VI over VII for it's story line and character depth. They both have their merits and flaws, and it's very difficult, even on a rating scale, to score one over the other, but I will say, the only other one in the series that even comes close to these it X.

chess

Yes, it's def in my top 5.

Sorry but i have to tell you. All fuckfantasy games are pure weebgarbage. You can literally value that series in a compressed dogshit ingot

Attached: 366854_57114_front.jpg (640x897, 100K)

Too bad the gameplay is kinda shit in DX. DX tries to do a lot of different things and it succeeds sometimes, but most of the time its pretty half baked mechanics. Story and narrative are important, but gameplay, the primary way you interact with the medium, will always be more important.

my first console RPG

Attached: final-fantasy-ix-juego-ps3-playstation-3-D_NQ_NP_16705-MLC20126439196_072014-F.jpg (1024x768, 179K)

test

>turn based RPG

Attached: 1553290658801.jpg (700x734, 231K)

Scorched Earth

1/10 weebshit 1 cause i replied

Captain blood

You're onto something. Avoided it for years after a friend got it for me...the graphics were just too shitty. Then I gave it another go and it sunk in. Incredible game. Can't wait for 2.

Ocarina of time is pretty fuckin long if you dont use a walkthrough.

The original apex legends

niggers can't understand fantasy rpgs
it's a whyte peepol

-thing

ut99 has its moments like the annoying announcer that keeps repeating "double kill, triple kill, m-m-monster kill". never seen a ut99 server with mod maps like quake servers.

bf2 on the other hand had everything but a moveable base like titans in bf2142. both bf2 and bf2142 never got the server crash fixed. after 4 or 5 rounds the server freezes especially on 64 vs 64 games. biggest i have seen are 128 vs 128 game servers. great on big maps!

Minecraft

Dude 2142 was the fucking best. Rocket pod off the side of an exploding titan? Yes. Turn around and watch it explode as you hop in a mech and blast it with victory shots? I miss that game so much.

good choice, great music

youtube.com/watch?v=-gu_v4dXQxE

kek I played that in school all the time with my friends bc the pcs couldn't handle worms armageddon

Halo 2 is fucking garbage. Multiplayer had terribly imbalanced weapons, spawns were a fucking mess, and the skill ceiling was severely lowered from Halo 1 by bullet magnetism and win button weapons like the energy sword. The devs cared so little about balance that they even fucking disabled fall damage because they couldn't figure out a way to stop players from dying when they used sword dash and hit a wall. The only thing that made halo 2 remotely competitive was the litany of bugs that resulted in OP button combos. Campaign was fucking terrible, worst campaign of any Halo. Arbiter missions were a great example of how not to design levels. How many fucking elevator and gondola sequences can you stuff into a single game? Oh, and it ended 2/3rds of the way through the story. Fuck Halo 2. Anyone that says it was a good game was too young or too stupid to understand why it was fucking shit.

faggotnes
also checked

too bad EA sent a cease and desist note to revive networks who tried to host bf2142 game servers after gamestop died. hoping gog.com will pick it up and do a proper fix like they did for star wars battlefront 2. but EA is greedy and stupid.

>Turn around and watch it explode

lol. almost forgot that one. you still have to escape the titan after you destroy it. good times!

Literally none of those are good. You have shit taste kid.

Yup, came here to post this.

Yeah I played the spoof servers for a while but those dudes were fucking dedicated. Always got steamrolled because they played 24 fuckin 7

grew up with this and i fucking loved it, i still do

Attached: splinter cell.jpg (460x215, 33K)

jesus are you 16? trash ass games on that list

I've played and destroyed it twice now. There is a mod pack mount by the game designers that is worth downloading. Most are shit and bug the game, but this one actually improved the graphics, choices etc.

Fallout 3 based purely on personal taste.

Overall? Hard to say.

Just because you have a terrible taste in video games doesn't mean they're garbage.

CT is higher for me, but this is in the top 5 for sure. Way better than VII.

What, not brown/gray/green enough for you? Not enough characters with a military crew cut?

Omg, I wasted sooo much of my life on that game.

3 was fantastic. I don't even care it was riddled with bugs. It was the only fallout game to really capture the post apocalyptic ambiance. I'm gonna go play it rn.

The GMDX overhaul mod does a very good job at modifying the gameplay for the better, I'd say it is the best mod for the original overall. Although there is a certain element of realism missing nevertheless, the game doesn't let it get in the way of you enjoying it.

This too. Although relationships with the characters become very predictable after the first playthrough. I'd say the Viking Conquest expansion is all the good things of Warband amped up to 11.

>Trying to look cool by trashing good games.

it's good to be bad

Halo CE

Fuck yeah. So good there are live concerts with that music in it.

How many of you old fucks remember the terrible Time Traveller hologram game in the arcade?

Attached: 072httfloor.gif (250x232, 1.89M)

NFS High Stakes and NFS Porsche Unleashed were both vastly superior to NFSU2. Good simcade physics, mechanical damage, better soundtracks and more varied locations. Like said, Halo 2 is also trash. I think it's actually the worst and most unbalanced game in the entire series from a gameplay standpoint. The newer Halos are bad from a story perspective but at least their game mechanics and weapons aren't nearly as broken. CS:GO? Again, the worst game you could have picked in a series. Original CS and Source were far better. Diablo 3, LOL, ME3, and TLOU all just show your young age. CoD 3 was okay, I'll give you that.

My vote goes to either OP's post, its sequel Half Life 2, or (unpopular opinion since everyone tends to like SMB3 better) Super Mario World.

THE LORD OF THE LAND APPROACHES

Test drive 1

The story was pretty 'meh', but the character backstories and development was really good. Also, It's focus on cinematic shorts, and environment is the only thing that really set it apart from other good RPGs at the time. def one of the more important games of all time, but not one of the best.

>good games
>league of legends
pick one

you are close user but this is one of the best games ever made

Attached: legend-of-zelda-the-ocarina-of-time-nintendo-64.jpg (640x439, 44K)

I said that. #2 of all time

imo

Attached: Fallout_2.jpg (316x316, 20K)

But i had 99h usage time i maxed out that timer and maxed out all materias i was superstronk. Via lan cable i aced all my buddies when they brought their comp over to my place. I was so good at it

Its shit. When will you understand that its shit?

it may be shit now, but it wasn't then... when will you zoomers understand this?

muh nigga you know what's good

Half-Life Pi
I know its irrational, but that game, it just somehow is never finnished for me..

CS 1.6 will always be my high water mark for gaming. Had a lot of fun.

Super Mario World

Glad you agree with me on Halo 2, but CS:GO is leagues better than CSS. CS:GO is a fantastic game from a competive standpoint. Its missing the community/mod aspect that 1.6 and source had, but the core gameplay is stronger and better balanced than 1.6 or source ever were.

Traitor. Im done talking to you traitor

was GOOD

The hitboxes on source were so fucked, how can you enjoy that as a competitive shooter over GO? I agree 1.6 was the better game, but not source.

GO just didn't strike me as being very FUN, but maybe I'll give it another shot someday. I'm actually not a big fan of the series overall, maybe I just have nostalgia for playing the older ones when I was younger.

I really really liked that game... up to the point where they make you possess a minion and form a group and then lead them against the intruders. Basically quit right there cuz I didn't sign up for that shit, and the keys were weird.

Mass Effect (all)

Attached: 1450103147_s.jpg (1639x768, 400K)

The remake is going to be butchered so badly.

FF8 is better

save it, it's all yours

whats wrong with drugs user?

I have to agree. They really nailed this one!

this

fucking kek, even the first one you fucked up going for the sequel which sucked

this guy fucks

fucking kids

Attached: th (4).jpg (1918x1073, 255K)

Gmod

I can see that it wouldnt feel 'fun' sometimes. It's a fairly dry game. it's such a mechanics and tactics driven game that it doesn't have the simple 'oomph' moments to make it exciting. That said, it is such a refined game that from a competitive/e-sport perspective, it's the ideal FPS for that type of game.

Fucking faggot child plebian choices

Splinter Cell was never good. These games were depressing as hell even. So dark, so generic. Very mediocre games. The first game has to be the most saddest game I have ever played. It is such a product of its time. I struggled to get through it. Everything is so dark and drab. Just made me want to kill myself. I've never played any other games that put me in such a low mood like Splinter Cell games did.

Never played them. Any good? I enjoyed dragon age inquisition.

Walker ace reporting in, get the fuck away from my L5 famalam, you can't use it for shit.

linear fps with very scripted playstyle.

Settlers, eh? s2 was better, s1 was pixel shit.

All posts before this one are wrong. The list is as follows:
Diablo 2
Morrowind
Vampire: the masquerade
Half-life 1