Tips for cleaning this knife? I forget what's on the blade

Tips for cleaning this knife? I forget what's on the blade.

Attached: 20190401_204915_compress_59.jpg (747x1328, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAD0a6wWFrI
discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Closeups

Attached: 20190401_204923_compress_64.jpg (747x1328, 74K)

Attached: 20190401_204927_compress_71.jpg (747x1328, 56K)

Stick it in your dick hole.

> i'm a moron that wanted to feel like a tough guy so i bought a knife at a flea market

Cum from extreme sounding.

I actualy found it from when a guy used my family's garage to fix a truck. And I want the knife because it would be handy while working

Rubbing alcohol, but it might take off certain paints if it's a cheaper knife. Try to scrape most of it off with a dull screwdriver first, then try rubbing alcohol.

Doesn't change the fact you bought a gas station knife to feel cool like ten thousand other retards out there. Maybe you can all get together and rub each other's penises.

Looks a bit like caulking, try soaking in hot water for a bit then try to scrap it of with somthing flat with a decent amount of surface area

>doesn't carry a blade

Leave it in gasoline overnight.

I didn't buy it though. And I'm not keeping it because of its look

A vigorous scrubbing with rock salt

That shit looks like the arm of a tint Transformer.
Is that the Michael Bay range?

>I've studied the blade
I carry a winchester because I'm not a fat neckbeard.

looks like plaster of some kind
just scrape the shit off faggot

Well I thought it would be harder but turns out water and some scraping took care of most of it

Attached: 20190401_211719_compress_12.jpg (747x1328, 40K)

Rub the caulk hard, use a scoring agent like Ajax. Just keep rubbing the caulk hard until it come off

Use one of those green scrubby things. for the best pressure, put the scrubby in your mouth and bite hard to press the scrubby against the knife blade. then in a stabbing motions force the blade back and forth really fast.

I remember I had this exact same knife a while ago, brings back some memories nigger!

Well I'm happy to say it cleans up well

卐 you did a great job 卐

So who’s the lucky lady?

Finished

Attached: 20190401_213640_compress_58.jpg (747x1328, 199K)

Great

Now put it up butt

>it would be handy while working
With that stupid serrated blade? I doubt it. Serrated blades exist to allow people who can't sharpen a knife to roughly hack through things. They are not good for much actual work.

>With that stupid serrated blade? I doubt it. Serrated blades exist to allow people who can't sharpen a knife to roughly hack through things. They are not good for much actual work.
Based on the fact OP owns that gay shit I would theorize he fits the bill of someone who's so stupid they have to use a knife as a saw.

Clean it with a good solvent, like gun cleaner solvent. Wipe dry, then apply oil, gun oil or even car oil.

Get any minerals or salts off then seal it against moisture and other issues is the idea.

who would have thought you could clean a piece of metal by scraping the crap off of it...

Well I do alot of stock work in a warehouse and this knife is good for that because the edge can cut tape and the seraded side can break plastic ties and other shit easily. Plus the shit tools they keep there barely works so it's a good alternative

Ever heard of a thing called rope? It's a bitch to cut using anything but a serrated knife.

But a knife with a real edge will do all that better, plus carve, sharpen pencils. do delicate cutting like stripping the insulation from wires, food preparation, field dressing game, arts and crafts... Serrated blades do have a few legit uses like cutting rope/webbing in rescue work, bread knives, etc., but the one you have is a poor design for any use I can imagine, other than snagging on whatever you are trying to cut and injuring yourself. On the other hand, I appreciate that you are trying to make a discarded and neglected item useful.

Yeah, I work with it constantly, and I climb and sail in my free time. Rope cuts just fine, better even, with a sharp unserrated blade. The problem is that nobody seems to be able to sharpen a knife.

Fair point, personally there's no down side for having it in the first place. Personally I go backpacking for a week using my vacation days every year, and it's nice not having to carry extra tools for sharpening a knife (adding more weight).

It's a dieing art sadly, the only reason I know how is because of my grandfather

Well to be honest i already have knives for field dressing, carving, wire, and other stuff you mentioned. I mainly did this because it was lying around and the blade/seraded combo works for a convenient tool for the two main obstacles i have when I'm working

Although if i remember correctly, that particular knife is stainless steel so it holds a shit edge anyway; makes a decent shank in any case.

>the only reason I know how is because of my grandfather
And I from my father, and he from his...

Soak in rubbing alcohol use a Green 3M scrubber to remove gunk.

I dont need these feels user...

Attached: 1539917814219.png (633x758, 23K)

Carry a real knife user

Attached: IMG_20190401_231959_compress_13.jpg (2016x1512, 843K)

Nice how old is it?

A knife might not even get dull during a week in the woods, but there are very small sharpeners Pic related (knife for scale). It wouldn't be my choice to put the finest edge on something, but very adequate

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1000x1000, 103K)

You are lucky that was a buck.
Could probably get a NCIC match on all those finger prints.

Attached: benchmade-710d2-axis-lock-large.jpg (711x800, 56K)

About 5 or 6 years old

Flick the edge into a 2x4, grip firmly and slice out with a slight twist to the right, then repeat with a twist to the left. Repeat untill clean.

pressure washers solve everything

God /b is cringey.

>you own a knife how edgy you cringelord.

Who doesn’t need a knife? It’s a shit knife but better than nothing.

No no no!
Only spyderco

Attached: img-spyderco-sharpmaker-04.jpg (640x469, 37K)

Depends on the material of the blade. Some stuff last longer than others

>stainless steel so it holds a shit edge
This really is true of most stainless, or rather it cannot take a good edge in the first place. They might be extremely hard and keep their non-edge tenaciously, but take extraordinary effort to restore even a quasi-sharp edge if they are blunted. There are exceptions that can take as keen an edge as carbon steel (think Wusthof, Chicago cutlery, Victorinox...), but not more durably except for corrosion resistance.

That's fine if you need that kind of contraption. A flat stone or diamond hone will do just as well or better but takes practice. That little Swiss Army doohickey was just an example of compactness.

It wasn't the knife but the black rectangle next to it that I was showing. That's a very adequate knife sharpener that weighs about 2 grams. I can recommend the knife as well. They are actually guaranteed for life, even when they are mass-marketed.

That contraption will put a shaving edge on nearly any piece of metal. and it will not damage it as much as the scraper you are suggesting.

BUT if you have the skill to maintain a 40 degree bevel and 30 degree edge with a whetstone? More power to you.

Attached: BM710SBKD2a.jpg (1500x707, 55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YAD0a6wWFrI

lol

Take a screwdriver or maybe a plastic putty knife if you don't want to scratch the blade, and chisel/scrape that shit off. Use acetone and a sponge to get the rest off, coat with a thin layer of oil for storage.

Then throw it away after all of your efforts of cleaning it because you bought an ugly, generic, cheap ass knife with a horrible fit and finish.

Agreed about the scraper, but it is an effective occasional solution. Maintaining correct angles on a stone/hone/steel takes a bit of attention and practice,--It isn't truly difficult, but perhaps too much to expect from slack millennials.

see
then see

>slack millennials.
Odds are you are one too.
But regardless skilled knife sharpeners actually make a living at it and are not too common.

Attached: 17T_m.jpg (500x333, 18K)

>skilled knife sharpeners actually make a living at it and are not too common
Yeah, they make a living off of slack millenials. It was previously an everyday skill of housewives and tradesmen and really nearly everone that did any kind of work. It's not rocket science.

this. in fairness i bought a knife once where half the blade was serrated and regretted it. the smaller blade was not worth the serrations.

use a diamond hone and that little plastic angle holder thing. easy peasy.

he didnt buy it he found it, and he just wants to salvage an otherwise garbage knife. relax man.

discord
:=l=0[13]0=l=:
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 13.jpg (286x484, 40K)

You don't know much about it. I'm a tool and die sharpener that sharpens knives on the side.

I've over $27k just in boride stones, very few have the skills to even use 1/10th of my tools, much less to get the results I get. A few of my regulars are pro chefs, most are specialty butchers and certain tradesmen like upholstery guys and leather craftsmen.

No, I ain't working on yer mommas walmart knives or your step moms bullshit wustofs. I pull in around $170k a year, a good portion in cash.

i have a set of shuns
will you do those

Gay. Any pro chef worth his salt can use whetstones. Ur job sounds gay, ur gay.

No. I work more with Suisin Mizu Honyaki situations. Knives that start around $1200, per knife.

I charge after I see it's condition and decide what is needed. A "cheap" job starts around $300 per blade. Most of my customers have 4 to 5 they need done when they call me in.

It's just a side gig I like doing. Industrial tool and die is my main bread and butter.

You're an ignorant faggot child who doesn't know his asshole from a hole in the ground.

After a certain level of wear, a professional chef using $1300 up to $5000 knives turns to a guy like me to keep these precision tools in top shape and to preserve their lifespan.

Try learning something faggot.

No I own the Spyderco.
And have had my benchmade knife for 20 years.
I am good.

Pleased you agree with me about knife sharpening being a worthy skill.

Surprised by your opinion of Wüsthof.
Now had you mocked cutco or smokey mountain? I would have understood.

Attached: 1298261061908.jpg (550x391, 40K)

>You don't know much about it.
Sharpening industrial blades is another matter. Yes, that does take specialized tools and skill. I don't doubt that you hare good at it. Sharpening common knives and hand tools is really not difficult to do well with practice and attention. Any chef that cannot sharpen his/her knives is probably not much of a chef.

It is rare for a Chef of any caliber to sharpen his own knives. They hone them with a steel. But most every one I have met sent them out regularly to have them professionally sharpened.

Wut? Do you carry a gun?

Winchester makes knives as well as guns.

Kraut steel is good, don't get me wrong. But I prefer the challenge of Jap steel.. They offer challenges and performance potential I cannot satiate with even the best Solingen can muster.

I intend to keep doing that work well into retirement. The money is fine, the satisfaction is the real payoff.

Most high end chefs send their knives out to get sharpen. Its not expensive and they can easily afford it, write it off on their taxes, or have the restaurant themselves cover it.

use exacto knife to scrape off putty
drugstore hand disinfectant on everything else
it is a bit pasty,made so with aloe
wipe off with some paper towel
use machine oil,or sewing machine light oil to hit moving joints

No one ever thinks of their knives. except other winchester knife owners. Now here I was hoping you had some sweet lever gat.

Are you fucking retarded? He said he found it.

My God you're fucking clueless. You don't know shit about fuck all.

Ah ha.

Attached: 1523944967394.jpg (1080x1072, 162K)

>serviceable
>just a tool mr. officer
>replaceable blades
>button release flicks out like a switchblade
>literally razor sharp
>cheap

Attached: EDC.jpg (4032x3024, 1.68M)

It is a box cutter.
I mean its fine but that is what it is.

Just saw all the fancy blade talk, figured I'd chime in with my 8 dollar trusty blade. Not sure where the sharpening argument started.

Does it hold spare blades?

Spray a little bit of carburetor cleaner on it. If it's a good quality steel, it will be fine. I use it on one of my machine guns (all steel, no composites) and it blows off all the powder and lead residue. Follow it up with a little bit of oil and you're good to go.

yes, in handle

discord
:=l=0[5]0=l=:
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 5.jpg (344x307, 35K)

pro tip, metal and plastic pallet straps can be taken off by hand, find the part where the strap was laminated (the two ends meet) and pull the tab away, it will come right off.

>using jew discord
>not using xmpp

It's like you want to be cucked