Hey Yea Forums, any other magickfags out there? posting a few pics of the collection to get the thread going

hey Yea Forums, any other magickfags out there? posting a few pics of the collection to get the thread going

Attached: crowleyfag.jpg (309x163, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jdAjNuBlJP4
youtube.com/watch?v=A0_asb1IzsM
youtube.com/watch?v=lWtXk-EBVGw
youtube.com/watch?v=-9GJkXZMAng
discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Almost completed set of the Equinox that needs reading

Attached: IMG_0307.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

Attached: H.R. Giger - A Crowley.jpg (380x591, 99K)

That's awesome. Can't believe I haven't seen it yet. Love Geiger.

Also, just stealing this image, but I have the deck and book. My camera is being gay.

Attached: the devil.jpg (714x1079, 189K)

Most of my interest lately has been in Crowley, but I've been digging around in Eastern Mysticism as well as of late.

Would love to answer any questions about the occult anyone has as well.

Attached: unicursal.jpg (630x630, 40K)

Also, I don't know a goddamned thing about Wicca, so don't ask

Attached: ohboy.jpg (640x360, 97K)

Magic isn't real. Get a job.

What's the magic view of sex? Homosex?

Can you explain the process of activating the consciousness?

Have a job. and THIS. I would also agree, believe it or not. One of the initial things that first turned me away from this type of stuff was the amount of fucking faggots I encountered attempting to learn anything rational about the subject.

Yeah basically, no joke

For me, it's meditation. I need to "find my center," so to speak. I also perform the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram to "put myself in the zone," so to speak.

>For me
No, not for you. For anyone else.

Also, maybe further define "activating the consciousness?" Wouldn't that just be waking up?

Attached: sotospeak.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Thoughts on the kybalion?

What is the realistic limit of what a person can achieve through the occult? Both material/immaterial.
Also what's the most a person could theoretically achieve with no prior experience, either purposefully or by accident, say by just picking up a book and reading something out loud? (I know it probably doesntwork like that, but you get the idea)

Awesome book. First one I read that reignited my interest in the occult. I don't think it is as ancient as it claims to be, as it was most likely assembled by authors at a later date that compiled knowledge passed on through different means, but I don't think that should matter either.

You're a huge fucking retard and don't fucking know anything.

Seem to remember looking into the occult a while ago out of interest, forgot everything except the name of one book that for some reason I got in my head was the one I would want to get/read. I think it was called the Ars Goetia or something similar. Any idea why I would want that in particular? Forgot everything else...

>Realistic
>magic
Pick one.

Search up meditation, and look for a guide on achieving "samadhi." This was my first major breakthrough.

This is a weird one IMO. You are never going to move an object with your mind, or kill a person from across the world. It's just not realistic, and if you understood the universe enough to accomplish these (from my perspective, impossible) goals, you probably wouldn't want to do them anyway.

Cool, I just started reading it today. What would you recommend reading after that?

Thoughts on the Voynich Manuscript?

That one I probably wouldn't fuck with.

Basically the Goetia is a book of "demons." Everything I've read on the subject says that summoning demons, even if you don't believe in it, can have a really deep effect on your psyche- so it's inadvisable if you don't have much experience in the occult/restriction of your consciousness. It's a really popular book in the occult though, and often referred to as one of the only "legit" grimoires produced in that time.

Right, but what is realistic? You kind of didn't answer the question, at all.

New Avatar Power grimoire is legit. But be very careful what you wish for.

Magic is great.

Attached: henningdoug-770x430.jpg (770x430, 40K)

Depends on where you want to go friend! Do you have anything you are looking for specifically? One thing I have found from studying this type of material is that there are several paths to take at any given point, and often one answer begs several more questions.

Just off the top of my head though, I'd recommend The Black Arts by Cavendish for an easier read, and Transcendental Magick by Levi for something that's old and weird but not exactly easy to read. That one will leave you with more questions than answers, but is certainly interesting.

Honestly, I assume it's a piece of art, kind of like the Codex Sephiranius (or however its spelled), but who can know for sure?

Attached: codex.jpg (300x168, 12K)

Attached: 30192345790333.gif (180x135, 445K)

My mistake. I think my hesitance to answer the question comes from the fact that most people have a completely different perception of what you actually accomplish in magick verses what they expect. It is most useful for creating changes within yourself, and your own consciousness.

To put it bluntly, I have not been willing to test the boundaries of possibility, as many of the things you are calling upon "within your own subconsciousness" are really, really fucking serious and could change your very perception drastically if you're not careful about it.

You could potentially rework your own possibility, and accomplish anything that your deem worthwhile or possible. If that sounds vague, it is intentionally so.

Oh yeah? Please, share more (if you are willing to do so)

The pretentious are attracted to magick like flies on shit, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a sense of humor.

Also pretty well versed in Satanism if anyone wants to ask about that.

Attached: edgelord.jpg (630x630, 45K)

Isnt that the whole thing behibd magick though? Its designed for pretentious people cause those are usually scholarly types?

Eh, kinda. From my perspective this comes off as masturbatory indulgence, and not actually essential to the teachings of magick in the very least. Crowley wrote lots of stuff designed to be read by the common man, file related

Attached: liber oz.jpg (190x266, 8K)

Personally ive never got into it wanted to but just never did but its like everything else as soon as someone "dumbs" it down you get people who ruin it

Also phoneposting so pic is pixelated to me

Used to be active on the 700 club. Used to have ultra rare pics of some of the inner workings of the black house. Good times.

IMO, this comment reflects chaos magick (and to some extent, Satanism) as a whole. But if that's your thing, that's your thing.

shit my bad I accidentally saved the wrong file b

Attached: liber oz big.jpg (772x1080, 431K)

Check this magicšŸ¦–

Howdy, hope your night is going well.

Attached: 0D57053F-5259-420B-89AC-877C3CFC976E.gif (750x808, 110K)

Any tips you'd recommend for finding a local group?

Youre good both were me, and when you say that my comment reflects chaos magick?

Ayyyyyyyyyy, knew there had to be others :,D

Attached: Baphomet Girl.jpg (500x678, 48K)

āŒ

Attached: Pentagram Girl.jpg (900x666, 139K)

I'll miss her.šŸ™

Attached: Crucified Girl.jpg (801x1201, 487K)

>Baphomet
>Not Isis

Attached: IMG_1657.jpg (2448x3264, 1.63M)

Yeah I assumed it would mostly be 'internal', but as that could be argued to be purely psychological I was more interested in the external. Perhaps I should ask something slightly different - what is the biggest external effect of occult worship you have heard/read is possible, that you actually believe?
Also as an additional question, what do you know of Moloch, and do you believe the conspiracy theory that a small powerful group in america worship him and sacrifice children to him?

Chaos Magick basically takes ceremonial magick and strips the process down to its absolute basics- eliminating much of the elaborate preparation and specialized learning needed to perform "full" ceremonial ritual. Because of this, it's a pretty neat place to start, but not really the whole picture in my opinion.

MagicšŸ€

Attached: bb1.jpg (340x436, 23K)

Occult wordsearch?

Not that dude, but the emphasis isnā€™t placed on educating the student so much as it is awakening the student to be educated. Think about hearing a joke in another language versus hearing the joke and understanding the context, imagery, and implications of the joke. The latter is usually a more fulfilling and entertaining experience.

Attached: DBC744DA-38C0-49B6-BFD2-199BA7C6482B.gif (750x731, 47K)

So chaos is the starting spot and then it delves deeper

Nice try.
Have a pape

Attached: 1497811733424.jpg (1080x1843, 790K)

Tl;dr, for this entire thread:
Just be like Crowley, do a shitload of coke and fuck bitches until you attain enlightenment. If you don't, do some more coke, draw some pictures, and get a bunch more freaky cunts to help out.

Ainā€™t replying to shit just checking in.
Happy Thelemic holy month
Crowley was a shit but still the avatar of a new aeon we are even now growing into. Kind of like. Also crystal magick is bullshit btw.
And my two cents, Iā€™ve been heavy into the occult for most the time Iā€™ve been alive, and for every problem it solves it creates a new one.
It doesnā€™t make life easier, it makes it more complicated but more rewarding. If Iā€™m legally insane and deeply deluded, itā€™s still been worth it, and Iā€™ll hold on to that until the day I die. Talked to God, theyā€™re kind of an asshole but that makes sense. Died and been reborn a few times already at 24. Magick still the most fulfilling part of my life, learned languages and natural sciences and shit thereby.
Todayā€™s letter was Yod and itā€™s card the tenth trump, the wheel of fortune. Good luck anons.

Attached: 1ABC54F2-F6AF-4931-84BC-0778A9421911.jpg (750x1087, 338K)

DUDE EAT CUM, BLOOD, AND PUSSY JUICE FOR MAGICKAL POWERSā„¢.

no thanks. Crowley was a psychopath, a liar, a drug addict, and died impotent while begging for heroin.

Thereā€™s a very nice book about the keys of Solomon edited by Joseph Peterson. It contains the Ars Notoria and goes pretty deep into context.

Attached: image.jpg (2592x1936, 759K)

Hmmmm... I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but in the interest of transparency I'm going to come forward and admit that I can't really say- specifically because I haven't been able to make anything truly spectacular happen for myself and I wouldn't be comfortable advocating for something I haven't personally obtained positive experiences with. The experiences I have had from meditation, however, have been so intense that my original interest from "black magick" has been nearly completely modified, and I have virtually no interest in manipulating anything in the "real world" before I learn much about myself and the universe. I know that's a super deep answer to a super simple question, but I think an explanation is necessary at this point to understand where I'm coming from.

If you're looking for magick to be functional and have "immediate" effects, I think you should look into a book called "Advanced Magick for Beginners."

Close enough lol

Do you understand the solution to the infinity paradox?
Also what about the moloch question?

TL:DR - you are on a plane. Thereā€™s a higher self, and a lower self. Magic pushes you to become your higher self and use the brute force of your lower self to do all the heavy lifting. If you try to make your lower self do work without ascending to your higher self, youā€™ll get fucked up like the fragile little peanut you are.

>become a better person

Literally how it works.
ā€œWhy havenā€™t you won the lotto yet lolā€ because Iā€™ve seen what thatā€™s like and decided I want something completely different and indescribable???

Hmmm, kinda. Except chaos magick came after centuries of ceremonial magick, so it's more like a distillation than a precursor

what words did you find? ;D

Yeah boiiiiii, are you reading anything interesting lately? Care to share something insightful?

What's the best intro to numerology?

Attached: Marsilio Ficino.jpg (778x523, 56K)

Oh hell yeah!

Attached: 94B7800B-A5D8-4A62-AD13-FFEEE0A9D607.png (500x500, 642K)

Agreed on all fronts, except I would also comment that I have never found more peace than when I was going through following Crowley's teachings on yoga and meditation (well, more like enjoying the fruits of this practice).

God(s) is (are) a fuckin' dick(s). Education and evolution doesn't necessarily always translate to love.

Mordial.

Your fortune: Outlook good

Attached: Western Occult Books Guide.jpg (780x1200, 357K)

Gg you win!

Moloch I am unfamiliar with to be 100% certain. It would not surprise me. People do fucked up shit, man. Also I should say that the infinity paradox is something I have read about in passing, but never really studied.

I believe that on a very different plane, and within all of us at the same time, there exists an immortal self that goes beyond all senses of the concepts of infinity and forever. EVERYTHING else, including this entire "plain," so to speak, is temporary.

Sorry if that sounds like joerogan.jpg talk

Nice list, Iā€™d personally add ā€˜The book of the sacred magic of Abramelin the mageā€ as itā€™s the beginning of almost all western occult studies, and something that heavily influenced Thelema.

If I knew how to win the lotto, I'd tell you in a heartbeat. There's no way to do this in Magick.

My only exposure to numerology has been through the scope of Qabalah, so I don't really think I'm qualified to answer. Numerology drove me crazy, I don't know why. I have to revisit it still.

Right now I'm working my way through the Equinox set pictured above, and just discovered for myself the "key" of Solomon if you will.

You'll know it when you find it my friend! If you haven't already.

Haven't read it yet. Any success in achieving contact?

Okay, I'm sorry if you've already left the thread, but I really really had to give this some thought. Sorry if that's frustrating, but I had a hard time understanding the question.

In magic, every "prop" or item you use is to remind the practitioner of a certain purpose. Incense, foods, colors and even shapes can be associated with certain deities that a practitioner can be trying to get in contact with, or an action that they are trying to cause. They then summon all of their "mental forces," and direct them all at one certain point or action, that is representative of what they are trying to accomplish in "the real world." This release of "mental energy" is the main function of ceremonial magick, to my understanding.

Crowley also took it up the ass...as part of his majik ceremonies

So, in other words, there's no real developed way to get in contact with God and ask for winning lotto numbers. That's just not a function of working with ceremony. And I would further say, that if one elevated themselves to the point they could realistically "talk with God," they would have little need for money, the lotto, or magick itself.

Just a smart animal struggling to rationalise its own mortality. It is amazing how creative we are just to simply avoid not existing.

Crowley was a piece of shit dog. Abandoned his wife and child, ran the world's first hippie commune, and was a total goddamned junkie faggot. He was completely brilliant though

Agreed
Check the dubs
Also I used to think like this, and then I did DMT, and now I don't anymore. You will die, and your consciousness (along with your identity) will either dissipate or be absorbed into the whole. The whole is uninterested in your actions.

Spoken like Lovecraft himself. Seriously though, thatā€™s basically it.

Best compliment I think I've ever gotten. Seriously. Thanks :D

lol then you weren't doing DMT, you were doing something that gave you brain damage.

OP Here (again)

Thanks everybody for an awesome thread! Seriously! Any last questions or comments before I sign off and leave it all to you guys?

okay man

Iā€™ve read it and Iā€™m excited to go through the initiation. Iā€™m not old enough to go through it yet (24 and requires 25). So no unfortunately, I wonā€™t do it until Iā€™m ready.

I havenā€™t found it yet, but Iā€™m sure more study wonā€™t hurt.

Gnostics 1987 Channel 4 documentary.
Knowledge of the Heart
youtube.com/watch?v=jdAjNuBlJP4
The Goodmenā€™s Heresy
youtube.com/watch?v=A0_asb1IzsM
The Divinity of Man
youtube.com/watch?v=lWtXk-EBVGw
A Crack in the Universe
youtube.com/watch?v=-9GJkXZMAng

How important is Gnosticism for the Occult?

Attached: The Alchemical Keys to Masonic Ritual Cover.jpg (810x1080, 136K)

Attached: E23BBF74-C1BF-4518-9AE8-328D6F5F8256.jpg (355x236, 67K)

No problem my dude! Also donā€™t listen to other guy; DMT is seriously a life changer.

Samadhi won't either ;)

Attached: 17244A5F-0BF2-430B-A707-B9B126CFBE5B.jpg (640x640, 105K)

Nope, have a great night and nice trips!

Attached: 066E792F-F4C4-4075-9813-40158520C824.jpg (169x169, 12K)

Attached: B8F085B7-CBC2-48CE-88C3-2563FAD7DD68.jpg (1170x620, 189K)

all saved, will dive into them tomorrow

Attached: 7D0F5792-F2DA-4E60-846D-D7D8DF2F345C.jpg (640x640, 100K)

Attached: 49CA8B29-7778-4CCA-845D-82079B008A65.png (680x484, 289K)

Iā€™ll research that further!

Check out Crowley's instructions on yoga and mysticism, which is Part I of Book 4!

Ok cool, Iā€™ve never read those books, but Iā€™ll give them a shot.

Attached: Masonic Ring Antique.jpg (1357x972, 386K)

I

discord
:=l=0[2]0=l=:
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 2.jpg (396x372, 58K)

Attached: Masonic Table.jpg (2000x1300, 472K)