ITT: Interesting facts about space

ITT: Interesting facts about space.

Attached: C084C99C-F62D-4F7F-B527-68F673A54C97.jpg (1920x1080, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
blog.nationalgeographic.org/2011/10/12/nobel-prize-in-physics-2011-the-accelerating-universe/
answersingenesis.org/answers/biblical-authority-devotional/where-does-god-live/what-was-god-doing-before-creation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aliens masturbate in space

The aliens are cumming.

Attached: ayy.webm (640x360, 802K)

i just wanna know if we're alone out here mang

also bump for interest

Space is mostly empty. Like this thread.

Our Sun pictured 11.8 billion miles away taken by Voyager 1 as it zooms through interstellar space.
Voyager 1 being the first and only spacecraft to leave our solar system.

Attached: 28F2E62A-2856-45BA-B529-25C0C4C80D11.jpg (1024x827, 99K)

We have absolutely no idea how big the universe actually is. We refer to the size of the observable universe only, we know the universe is bigger than what we can see but some parts are so far away that the light from them will literally never reach us.

Your mom counts as a small satellite while in orbit

we have to rewind time every 60 million years so the universe wont die even space its self is a slave to string

A typical neutron Star spins at 11,000 rpm.

Attached: CB3B075D-0C54-4129-90F6-C85DC7DBDEDE.jpg (1280x1600, 496K)

The earth is round

Right now, somewhere in the universe, an alien is impregnating another slimy extraterrestrial creature.

Attached: 72d5c344a8089fe0fb0ba702466a4d1412c0e33af902ba6a4f3d509885d95382.jpg (1138x1200, 173K)

There are more than ten planets out there

The universe is vast and it keeps expanding as I type this at a really fast pass it does end somewhere but you would need a pretty fast ship to reach it wouldn't it be cool to surf on the edge of the universe and the unending void?

The Andromeda galaxy is 2.8 million lightyears away. However if you were at the center and had a telescope of gigantic size capable of looking at Earth in great detail. You’d be able to see Earth as it was 80million years ago. That is because Light travels at 186,282 miles per second.

Attached: EAB852DB-06BA-4E2D-B645-BA9160E95B86.jpg (768x538, 48K)

The Russian build Venera spacecraft the land and successfully take the first photos of the surface of Venus.

Attached: D8675896-2CA5-47CA-9D01-780DE22988D0.jpg (998x500, 114K)

Wasnt this debunked

you'd see it 2.8 million years ago if it was 2.8 million lightyears away...

space smells like burnt steak

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-11 Kim Milks - Google+.png (1360x654, 818K)

The last photo taken by Mars rover Curiosity before on board batteries died.

Attached: E3B78744-DACE-4A4D-9E35-92A8BD70B7DE.png (782x445, 578K)

That lander only lasted around 2 hours because of the intense pressure and heat

Pic related is the way elements get created. We are all literally star dust.

Attached: 20190128_170620_01.jpg (1874x1245, 398K)

At the core of the sun, the pressure is about 4 trillion times what it is at sea level on Earth. And the star in Orion's belt called Alnilam emits 98% of its light in the ultraviolet. Its surface is so hot and intensely shining that if a pea-size version of it could be put in a room, every flammable object in it would instantly burst into flames. There is a category of pulsar called a magnetar, the magnetic fields of which are so strong that if you placed a planet sufficiently close to one, it would be vaporized by induction heating as the rotating field swept by. A scale model of our neighborhood in the galaxy would have stars the size of sand-grains, on average one per cubic mile--that's how empty even populous regions of the universe are.

I'm alone...very alone

space reminds us that everything is meaningless without life

you can hate humans but we still are truly unique

>There is a category of pulsar called a magnetar, the magnetic fields of which are so strong that if you placed a planet sufficiently close to one, it would be vaporized by induction heating as the rotating field swept by

Woah man. That's cool.

Attached: 1547934525854.jpg (1920x1080, 678K)

Attached: 1547935386122.jpg (5178x2912, 1.76M)

imma need the source of that man

great thread. moar

this is the comet lovejoy.
among the things it releases into space are a type of sugar as well as ethyl alcohol.
the same alcohol as is used in alcoholic beaverages.
500ottles of wine a second worht of it, in fact.

it's a comet leaking truckloads of booze

Attached: 562a7ec207503.jpg (800x480, 68K)

Would it taste good?

A gamma ray burst could destroy Earth at any moment

reminds me of hell from my dreams

If we could travel at the speed of light. It would take more than 80k years to reach the nearest neighbor star.

the expanding universe theory is the easiest to accept but really its most likely just infinite. but just tryung imagining infinity in all directions in every way will pause your brain for a bit. so expanding theory is more popular

Alpha Centauri is only 4 light years away so wouldn't it be 4 years at speed of light?

you too
in fact everything does
my balls count as sattelites in a planets orbit.

correct. that guy was talking bullshit.
(other than the "if" part)

Here's more. The region around the central black hole of the galaxy has been observed in infrared at extremely high resolution for long enough to make a time-lapse film of the massive stars orbiting it. In this way it was possible to weigh it with certainty, and it's about 3 million times the sun's mass--rather a lightweight compared to the central black holes of other galaxies--the nearest one of which has a central black hole 1000 times more massive.

pretty sure we're here to spread our seed across the galaxy

Gonna need a source on that one bud.

well life is currently the most interesting thing in the universe. but given the infinity of time somethung else might come along. would be interesting to see what it is

Too bad random person can't even comprehend how big it is.

Attached: deep field.jpg (1920x1645, 553K)

You can fit all other planets in our solar system between the Earth and the Moon and have room to spare.

Attached: CLqdeKf[1].jpg (1200x675, 103K)

ur mom has a penis

None can in feeling, only in abstraction. This comes to mind whenever I see gravitational lensing in those deep field images.

The amount of "stuff" we can observe in the universe (atoms, light, energy, etc) only makes up about 4-5% of all the stuff in the universe. The rest is a complete mystery but we can tell with certainty that the "stuff" is there.

This is an autistic answer from a wikipedia lover. It's true that the observable universe may not be the entire universe, but it very well may be. At any rate, it's the causally connected universe. But none of this really makes sense, as an expanding universe is INFINITE (try to define the distance with the metric and you'll see that), making questions like this beyond autistic. You can't understand everything with 1st grade logic. Nice try though.

source: PhD in high energy theory and not autistic about basic cosmologies

You cannot see the center of a black hole. Your vision will be redirected to the event horizon.

I bet you're a hit at parties.

This one is great. The moon is so much farther away than we intuitively think.

Attached: Earth-Moon5k.png (5000x165, 67K)

wa la

Attached: 1539335549710.png (3000x2774, 285K)

I can't find a single legitimate photo of the night sky, as it appears to the human eye, without light pollution. Everyone seems to want to take pretty pictures with long exposures to enhance the brightness of the dim stars, but I just want to see the night sky the way humans did from the dawn of the species until 200 years ago. The closest I could find was a simulation pushing the limits of how sensitive a human eye and how dark the night can be.

Attached: 15081348717_adb56efab4_h.jpg (1600x957, 236K)

space jesus is awesome

can anyone riddle me this:
why cant we reach light speed?
i mean theres no air resistance in space or anything so you wont deccelerate from anything. cant you just keep going faster and faster until you reach 300000km/s?

>PhD in high energy theory
>on Yea Forums
>calls others autistic

pick one

>imma need the source of that man

Area 69

Space is perfect for illegal immigrants and refugees!

>i want an objective replication of a subjective observation

>General cool fact
A thimble full of neutron star matter would weigh almost 6 million metric tons.

>disquieting fact
The amount of 'causally connected' content in our universe is constantly decreasing. Since space is expanding, and in such a way that the further something is from you, the faster it recedes, there is a 'horizon' to the universe beyond which things recede from us so fast that no information about them can ever possibly reach us; for all intents and purposes, it no longer exists in our universe. Every second, things are crossing that horizon, and our universe, insofar as we can actually know about it or interact with it, gets a little smaller.

Based wa la poster

Fucking nerd

ah fellow academic. i too am a highly educated person on an anonymus imageboard. behold:
space is double gay.
source: pHd in astronomy and minor in cosmology

Nobody (human) you'll ever meet will leave this solar system unless dead in a coffin

Attached: PacmanCrawfordNew2048starobserver.org.jpg (2048x1377, 1.93M)

>General cool fact
Thimbles are irrelevant, not to mention a poor vessel with which to measure

Have you visited black hole then? Thought so faggot

There was a Jew on the challenger

Attached: 675EE531-EFC4-4B01-BA0E-C8BF904D348F.gif (320x240, 1.52M)

The Event Horizon Telescope photo of Sag A* should be released in a few days.

I'm going to have my corpse shot into space in a garbage can just to prove you wrong

If aliens ever come they will be robots with advanced AI. Galaxies are too far away for living organisms to make the trip.

they're shopping out the ufos

also checked

we cold launch two rabbits and tons of carrots into space and after generations they would leave the system and die. we'll prolly fo that with humans in a few decades if our moral values fall enough during the incoming post-truth era.

false

Earth takes up 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003 % of the entire universe.

nah, we'll get some puzzle like the ones we sent out. no species is patient enough to wait for that level of civilisation/tech advancement

Attached: i-dont-know-if-i-can-fap-to-this-buti-8644667.png (500x450, 109K)

This.. Fucking dumbasses

Who took that photo? Makes you think.

No way this sounds made up as fuck

and your penis takes up 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003% of your entire body

>The sensitivity to light of the average human eye can't be quantified objectively
>The average amount of light hitting the Earth from sources excluding the sun and the moon can't be quantified objectively.

On Neptune, there are diamond storms with winds so strong that each diamond moves at an average of 300mph.

you must be abhorrently stupid.

black holes are so black they wont suck you in, but will steal individual atoms from you until you cease to exist. no forskin was observed on them either. voincidence? you decide.

The closer to light speed you get the more time slows down

The storm on Jupiter, known as "the Red Eye", has been raging for over 700 years.

yeah i know, but i said it faster

Attached: 1548618758654.jpg (960x818, 79K)

actually true though... BUT IIRC, moon's distance to Earth fluctuates, so at certain points there isn't enough space to fit all planets

Says the fag who believes in everything the (((media))) tells them

as you progress into speeds closer to light, it requires larger and larger amounts of energy to do so, reaching the point of infinity at the actual speed of light.
This has to do with your mass changing as you approach light speed. It's a relativistic effect.

Here's a simple equation

Attached: relativistic_speed_of_light_mass_eq.png (358x255, 9K)

>a black hole stole my bike

There most likely is a 9th planet after all - the size of the Jupiter, somewhere waaay beyond Pluto's orbit.

Attached: 1200px-Planet_nine-etnos_now.png (1200x704, 197K)

Thanks for the wallpaper

so you'd ve going really fast AND age slower!?! im even more confused now. why arent we doing this.

discord
+--l--d2b--l--+
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 2.jpg (396x372, 58K)

no, I mean that theres clearly an arm extending the camera. Nothing and nobody else was there to take the picture.

false.

There’s a few things: first, the energy required to accelerate the same amount (1 mph to 2mph vs 101 mph to 102 mph) is larger, and to reach the speed of light, you would need an incredible amount of energy. Second, the speed at which you move through space and the speed at which you move through time are inversely related, so if you could reach the speed of light, you practically wouldn’t move relative to the universe around you. Third, the amount of energy in that one spot would create a massive gravitational field. Also, the universe is accelerating as it expands.

blog.nationalgeographic.org/2011/10/12/nobel-prize-in-physics-2011-the-accelerating-universe/
^source for acceleration, for more info on the other stuff I’d recommend books by Michio Kaku

Attached: 14A9A072-A69C-4CBB-AA22-434F9FE6CDB0.jpg (750x747, 76K)

The closer you get to the speed of light, the more your mass increases. At the speed of light, your mass would be infinite, and would require an infinite amount of energy.

so, dumbed down, it gets harder to accelerate?

>heres a simple equation
>posts alien math
(((Soong-Type Android))) detected

Wrong. Coming back inside the space station after spacewalk smells like burnt steak. No one can literally smell space.

Actually it's the opposite, you would move much "faster" relative to the universe, as it would appear to flatten as you speed up.

Space is really big and also gay

Is life extension/cryonics just a scam or a bridge to the future?

Not for the object traveling at light speed. Time is relative to the frame of reference from which it is observed.

Would my dick be infinite?

Pretty much yeah. This guy puts it nicely:
lmao nearly pissed myself, it's HS level physics right?

There are more stars in the galaxy than there are niggers in jail.

But the matter observable in the universe continues to decrease because of universal expansion. Therefore we know the observable universe is not the entire universe. Everything is moving apart and an increasing amount of the universe continues to move beyond where it is no longer observable.

both

Most probably not, however, intelligence may very well be a billionth-fold rarer than life itself, and given the unimaginable distances in space, it is highly likely that we could, for all practical purposes, be also alone in the universe.

>Space is mostly empty. Like this thread.

AND YOUR FUCKING SKULL!!!FACT!!!

not by much

Fun fact that relates to that: The range in luminosity of stars is so wide, the most luminous being a trillion times moreso than the faintest, that any realistic simulation of flight through the galaxy would show blizzards of nearby faint ones zipping past, as others, thousands of times more distant, and rare, glacially pass--rather as tall buildings on the far horizon do, while trees on the roadside blur by.

In mass , yes.
Unfortunately, you would never be able to use it.

One from Earth and one from Mars.

Attached: mars earth.jpg (900x1080, 49K)

the question if other lif exist in the universe is an unduniable yes. the real question is will our species/earthly lifeforms survive to see it

Figures. Fucking gay space.

>dick of infinite mass
>never able to use it
story of my life

ablack asshole did tho

I read space smells like ozone.

your mother's vag smells like my o-zone

I know that feel

Attached: supreme virgin.jpg (992x744, 87K)

the real question is who taught you to spell undeniable?

if i i somehow managet to accelerate the tip of my dick to lighspeed before the rest of me followed, would my dick elongate like star wars spaceships and how long would it be?

Space smells like desire, m'lady.

Attached: Brian-fantana.jpg (331x400, 14K)

some fag on Yea Forums

>(((media)))
go to bed, Eugene.

an exponential value of zero is still zero

Get fucking rekt my guy

God created both space and time.

Attached: 54447224_567569840416915_3487143733541022505_n.jpg (474x463, 35K)

It's the final frontier.

run away little zealot

yet you're a waste of both

Attached: dcf04a0e56bf6521804d21b534bf7b0a.jpg (500x281, 126K)

>hurr durr theres more letters instead of numbers here
>alien math
>5 letters

Attached: 1552098442576.png (472x605, 301K)

Not false. Name another way. You can’t.

Kek

Attached: tenor.gif (638x486, 1.97M)

Attached: 1553331857580.png (800x700, 244K)

and then he killed himself

It's because cameras cant collect enough light on a standard shutter speed. I do this for fun.

Just like in an atom, 99+% of it is empty

It would only take a second to reach a moon flying speed of light.

Space isnT even real

>i do this for fun
bruh, have you heard about sex, drugs, and rock & roll?

There is an ocean of water on Europa, one of Jupiters moons.

Attached: 501905.png (1000x465, 526K)

And the atmosphere is so dense at ground level on Venus that the landers only needed a stiff metal umbrella of sorts for the last part of descent.

You'd be better off trying to fuck a black hole.
The difference in gravitational influence from the tip to base of your weiner in such close proximity to an intense gravitational field would stretch that little rascal infinitely.

You are 1 person, out of 7 billion people on 1 planet, out of 8 planets, orbiting 1 star, out of 3000 billion stars in 1 galaxy, out of 2 trillion galaxies.

Feel small yet?

*in the observable universe

My cat is so fucking fat

clearly you're not having enough sex with it.

>not as big as a star
>still bigger than most bugs
i feel fine

COCK TIME ACTIVATED

fug :'DD

infinite benis :DDD

>ITT: Interesting facts about space.
Space is really big.
It's very big.
You think it's a long way from your house to the pharmacy, that's just peanuts to space. Listen...

I'd give this a "like" for the Kids In The Hall reference, but that alone wouldn't give me an excuse to also praise Buddy Cole's universal brand of faggotry.

>think

>not as big as OPs mum
>bigger than most manlets
i feel better

On Venus it snows metal and rains sulfuric acid.

This kinda struck me when I first saw it even though I always knew space is goddamn big

Attached: b0g6omy3pjl21.jpg (896x5704, 714K)

there are no skeletons in space. it is perfectly safe

that's sweet

In space, no one can hear you scream.

Attached: 1383491314820.jpg (1920x1080, 853K)

skeletons that we'd recognize* ftfy

perhaps the edgiest thing ive read all day

Good.

[Citation Needed]

>in space, nobody screams for ice cream

>exactly my own height
i feel awasome

Attached: preuzmi.jpg (225x225, 12K)

That's actually pretty cool, thanks friend

>one picture
>two photoshop filters
siiiiiick

W-what do you mean?? There aren't other kinds of skeletons, right??

Goodness, really? Start here, child answersingenesis.org/answers/biblical-authority-devotional/where-does-god-live/what-was-god-doing-before-creation/

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

Attached: AfV0gbq.jpg (583x400, 47K)

[Better Source Needed]
Your mythology books don't count as scientific evidence

sPooKy AlieN SkElEtOns
oooOOOooO🐸

>On Venus it snows metal and rains sulfuric acid.

This occasionally happens in Detroit too.

discord
O--+--l8l--+--O
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: ahegao 8.jpg (564x567, 103K)

There are no aliens. All of space is dead and empty. We creatures on earth are all that's alive in the entirety of reality. Go ahead and prove me wrong. I'll wait.

Attached: 1363920914821.jpg (746x514, 73K)

>fucking that alien pussy and not even having a single one of it's dick fingers up your ass
go go alien arm

That would be hard to believe, given the size of the universe and the diversity of life on just this planet. There is almost certainly alien life, whether it's intelligent I can't say but even if it's a trillion to one chance that life will appear on a world there are so many dice rolls it'll probably come up more than once. We honestly haven't even proven that there's no life in our solar system yet

Ayy lmao

>Nigga doesn't sew by hand.
Thimbles, sir. Are not irrelevant.

>There are no aliens
And yet here we are. Living on a planet that is not too close, and not too far away from the sun.

I wonder what's the prerequisites for life as we know to exist.

But are their Niggers in space?

Attached: 1553828780196.jpg (729x972, 715K)

I am larger than all the billions of molecules that make up my body. And the billions of creatures living on my skin and in my stomach etc etc.. Feal large yet?

>I can't believe it so it must not be true.

Liquid water is pretty much the requirement of life as we know it to exist, there are extremophiles that live in very harsh conditions and thrive there. That's just life as we know it though, there could be other solvents used in the same way water is used by terrestrial life. Ammonia is one that might be able to do it (requires different conditions than standard temperature/pressure on Earth)

If you believe we are alone in the universe, you havent really pondered the subject.

There are many earths. Many.

Your concept of time is a joke in comparison.

Nope.

The red spot on Jupiter may disappear within our lifetime, having been there since humans discovered the planet.

Gamma ray bursts travel at the speed of light, making one coming towards us totally undetectable, but if one did hit us it would kill everything and boil off the oceans in minutes due to the amount of energy they carry.

Do you have any physical evidence to back up your claims sir? Many earths? Are they flat as well..... you sir are imaginative. That's good. Now imagine we are alone. For there has been nothing to suggest been otherwise.

Attached: 1550083429203.jpg (749x1000, 58K)

We don't have the technology yet to rule it out, I'd put money on it if we did. It would be more surprising to scientists if there wasn't extraterrestrial life of any kind and they'd have to figure out what makes earth so special

Jake from vsauce 3 will be in space traveling at the speed of light for the next 100,000 years

It doesn’t matter if the universe is bigger in reality, because it won’t ever reach us for us to know it exists.

no musick in space

Shits flat

GRBs aren't that powerful unless the supernova happens really close to us (relatively speaking). Even then there could be life that survives deep underground.

holy fuck how am i just now learning about this? that is awesome

Aight, but two things,

1. Good luck detecting it even from further off, again, moving at c

2. Humans live on the top of the ground.

space-your moms vagina has the most of it

But curiosity isn't dead though. Unless you're fucking with us. Either way, fuck you.

Think big

Attached: 197525896325.jpg (1080x1059, 114K)

Space is fake.

Attached: 1525654433395-b.jpg (640x555, 63K)

If it was further off the GRB wouldn't be as intense due to the inverse square law so we wouldn't need to be underground and it's possible our magnetosphere would shield us from the worst of it. Not saying it won't happen, but I think war or disease or any number of things are far more likely to destroy humanity

The Fermi paradox implies that it is difficult or unlikely for life to evolve to a point that it colonizes the entire galaxy (to the best of our knowledge / observation). The thought experiment is simple - if it takes an advanced civilization with the capacity and drive to colonize the galaxy 10,000 years to colonize 2 new star systems, then the entire galaxy (100,000,000 stars) would be colonized in roughly 360,000-370,000 years, provided ONE such civilization had emerged in the lifetime of the galaxy. Add an order of magnitude, still holds within reason

This has an interesting corollary. It means that for one reason or another, life does not evolve to this point. That means there is a "Great Filter", or some point in the general evolutionary time of advanced civilizations past which vanishingly few ever reach.

Two possibilities exist. Either our civilization is past the Great Filter, in which case we are incredibly lucky, or we have yet to reach the great filter, in which case our dream of a spacefaring human race are unlikely to come to pass.

I sorta hope it's the former.

As a fun fact I am a published SETI researcher. AMA.

Attached: 48395211_10215712329055563_6487672933832458240_o.jpg (1980x1080, 534K)

nono user it's "big think"

Proximity is the biggest factor. Earth's EM field is already doing duty as a cosmic radiation buffer, so unless the source is close and/or very potent like the other user pointed out, a fair amount of life would survive.

>Great filter
You mean the Necromorphs?

Basically

Cixin Liu's Rememberance of Earth's Past trilogy also has a LEGIT take on this.

Fucking fantastic series.

This is why I said that extraterrestrial life might not be "intelligent", and if it was intelligent their technology would be so advanced that they could be in the room with you and you wouldn't be able to tell. If UFOs/abductions actually occur (they almost certainly don't) it's probably drunken alien frat-boys that do it just to mess with us

Just chilling in my spaceship, underneath Saturn rings, watching the earth.

Attached: 51861660_391252291703034_4921187157354553797_n.jpg (562x644, 45K)

Yeah but this is a random event. If one were to happen in our galaxy and it hit we'd be fucked. There's a theory that something similar caused a mass extinction on earth already. A strong enough burst could strip away our atmosphere and wouldn't give 2 shits about the earths EM field.

And even as a concept, GRB's fit the OP's topic perfectly. Shoulda said "could kill/boil off oceans" instead of "would"

The Big Bang is total bullshit. I'm not a denier of science by any means, but I think that if all matter in the universe was condensed into a single particle, rendering time and space essentially nonexistent, then entropy should not exist.

Honestly, I find the idea of some superpredator species scouring the universe for food/biomass to assimilate terrifying and fascinating .Whether it's the Necromorphs, Reapers, Flood, Typhon, Tyranids or any number of others. I fucking love cosmic horror because it treats humans as insignificant, which on a galactic scale we are

Interesting point behind this, a lot of physicists feel the same way, they just have no other way to explain it. They think it's BS but the math seems to work out right now, and most will admit that the simple explanation of "everything was in a small point and esploded" is stupid, they just don't have a better story yet.

This is honestly the same thing as when people are afraid of terrorism even though they're far more likely to be killed by a cop. We can't see it before it hits, and it's not even likely so there's little point worrying

kek

your mom is so fat she could play pool with the planets

It follows entropy, the universe (as a closed system) has become less ordered and uniform over time. How does that not follow entropy?

man created god because he was scared of the though of nothingness. when looking into the void, the void looks back. 2 sides of the same coin if you ask me, which is why i don't believe in god.

Also, the laws of nature (cause and effect, the nature of space and time, the laws of thermodynamics) as we know them may not have existed "before" the Big Bang

Sounds about right that the only thing able to bare such hostile unliveable climate was built by Russians.

it wouldn't take an infinite amount of energy to reach the speed of light because the speed of light itself isn't infinite. its very fast, but it can still be measured. the amount of energy it would take would just be a lot, not infinite.

It takes about 40K digits of pi to calculate the circumference of the observable universe to the accuracy of a hydrogen atom.

You exercise greater faith than those that believe in a God. You just haven't thought about it enough to realize it.

I'm not saying that it's something to worry about, I just think it's cool that there's a naturally occurring disaster of literally unfathomable magnitude that could happen at any instant. However unlikely, still a cool space fact, still belongs in thread, go fuck yo self

I'm just saying that without time and space you can't have entropy. You can't have an explosion. You can't really have anything. If the big bang did happen, it wasn't clean. It had to have happened due to some kind of influence, so it wans't the beginning of anything. Maybe it was part of the beginning, but can't have been the only thing existing at any moment of time or it would remain as it was.

There might not have even been a "before" as we know it. The laws of our universe may have only become laws after the big bang, time/space/causality might have been completely different if they even existed at all

the universe is flat. prove me wrong.

We know more about the universe than our own oceans

(Citation needed)