Best gun for home defense?

Best gun for home defense?

Attached: 974DDA06-A047-4019-8E93-3C0184D403CD.jpg (272x185, 4K)

G18, simple to use and easy to find

Who’s that nigga

DW CCO .45 ACP 1911
Never fails.

Any shotgun with birdshot

Mossberg? Remington? I want to rain holy hell on the poor nigger who mistakenly kicks in my back door.

>birdshot

great idea if you're being attacked by birds, but birdshot does not meet the FBI defensive ammo standard of 12" minimum penetration in ballistic gelatin and therefore isn't guaranteed to reach and damage vital organs in the human body.

I use an AR-15 loaded with 77 grain Black Hills open tipped match 5.56 rounds. Will reliably and violently fragment and meets FBI standards in gelatin testing.

Attached: IMG_20190101_222853.jpg (1665x1249, 806K)

You want them to live? Faggot

Am AR styled .410 shotgun and a 38 revolver and two big ass dogs

Dick Cheney shot a guy in the face with birdshot and the guy lived. Birdshot is a terrible round for self-defense. It's literally designed to take down small birds, not 250 lbs Jamal and his friends.

Mossberg sucks go Kimber, Springfield Armory or Dan Wesson. Pay for the quality. You do not want a jam when you need to take out a target.

>kimber
>pay for quality

Now I know you're trolling.

Both are great i have the Remington cuz it was on sale. But dont forget to have a pistol cuz shotguns are long and easier to disarm from someone.

A shotgun, what are you- stupid?

You must be poor lol

That's because it's specifically designed to not do damage lol.

But bird shot is good to fire when your worried if you miss and it goes through your dry wall and you have a kid in the next room

I have a zenith mp5 rocking a SCO can very reliable, quiet with sub Sonics, could stack bodies and bury them and neighbor side wouldn’t know

Even poor people deserve guns

Haha suppressors dont muffle sound that much. Your neighbors will still hear the gun shot

No it's not. Any round designed to actually stop an attacker will go thru basic interior drywall. Specifically selecting a round to eliminate this risk also significantly reduces your chances of stopping your attacker(s). It's far, far better to designate and plan to fire in specific areas of your home which will minimize the risk of overpenetration and actually use a good round that is designed to stop humans as quickly and efficiently as possible. Birdshit is literally the worst choice you can make.

I know someone who took a round of birdshot at close range from a hunting accident has he was able to walk to the hospital. If you think birdshot is effective you're delusional and you have zero actual knowledge of ballistics.

This is fucking retarded might as well use a .22 bullet will pass right through. 5.56 is a wounding round dumb ass you can't effectively hunt deer with it and they are about the size of a human. 12 guage at close range if you have to look tacticool get a pic related.

Attached: Pw Arms AR-12.jpg (1350x700, 72K)

OP here, is an AR-15 better suited to protect myself against multiple invaders than a shotgun?

Attached: 970B6906-8BF6-43CC-A09B-0C6DB79E8DFB.jpg (3200x1680, 208K)

Benefits/disadvantages of using slugs?

PL-66 152 mm towed gun-howitzer

Attached: pl_66.jpg (600x400, 191K)

Its a great round for Jamal and his friends if you don't plan on calling the cops and wanna teach them a lesson.

Attached: dd10b719de308a5fd54f11cfa9d7951e.jpg (600x900, 107K)

Yes. There's a good reason why SWAT teams don't use shotguns en masse. ARs are easier to shoot, hold a lot more rounds, are usually smaller/lighter/shorter, and are more effective at penetrating soft armor. Shotguns are OK for self-defense and they're good all-around hunting firearms but they're honestly subpar defensive guns compared to an AR.

I have a Remington 870 express magnum with a magazine extension that will allow it to hold 10 shells. They are alternated, deer slug, then 00 buckshot. that fucker gets behind a wall and he's still mine.

Schwerer Gustav

Attached: Hitler-gustav-railway-gun.jpg (1000x630, 167K)

Recoil and increased overpenetration concerns are cons. Slugs are great if you want greater distance than 00 buckshot but within a home that factor is not really relevant.

AR-15 is designed to wound soldiers so if you want a bunch of guys laying around your yard screaming till the cops come and sort things out its a great round for you.

If you can aim, yes. I could be wrong about it, but it might give more stopping power than a shotgun IF you aim. I would imagine that a shotgun is good, because if you wake up from sleep in the middle of the night:you're groggy, maybe a little confused. With buckshot, or similar gauge, you just point and pull, chances are some pellets will hit the intruder and stop them.

Attached: 7178550386.jpg (2450x1344, 199K)

Multiple invaders yes 5.56 is better then shotgun.
If your looking to be realistic and shoot an intruder in the dark being scared with little training the shot gun is your best bet. With buck shot.

Buck shot better

He was asking about shotguns

I know it’s impractal as a home defense weapon but my compound bow would be fun as hell to put through an intruder at close range

The best weapon is the weapon you have when you need it.

The Nigaganator 2000
Launches watermelons at damn near the speed of sound.

kek

.38 snub

Can be fired one handed accurately

Yup and is easily right next to you in your night stand.
An AR in the closet might be a little to late

Nigaganator 2000

Attached: 1450411766336.gif (311x240, 1.28M)

Until you use it and get arrested for running a full auto pistol.

Good luck with over penetration. I hope nobody lives near you.

Get some kind of frangible rounds or some heavier shot for a shotgun.

deagle brand deagle .50

9mm or .45 handgun in the city or 'burbs. In the country any rifle you like.