Is this too red? Also can I toss the cut pieces back into the pan if I feel they're not done enough?

is this too red? Also can I toss the cut pieces back into the pan if I feel they're not done enough?

Attached: sLgCt3Q.jpg (4032x3024, 1017K)

gross, cook it some more

looks good to me love rare steak

I mean the thermometer red 130 but yeah its a bit too chewy

That's cooked "blue", which is the way I prefer it.

Eat that shit up; it looks great.

I'd cook it more. Pink is OK but red is bad

Looks top, OP. I prefer it rarer, personally.

Attached: 13f0e0c611eb118158995ec68584518b.jpg (420x281, 77K)

it looks great OP

Yes and yes.

Attached: 1535371996996.jpg (226x223, 6K)

thanks myte

You can if you'd like, I think that's right around perfect. Im a nut though so I'd even go more rare. I do just eat raw meat sometimes though.

>Is this too red?
Comes down to personal preference.
>Is this dangerous?
No, the only thing you need to worry about when consuming good raw meat is the exterior of the meat that is exposed to potential harmful microorganisms.

But, you're still a faggot.

>is this too red?
no. pink in the center is optimal but that is fine and I'd eat it

Attached: TIMESAND___InvertedVertFractal.jpg (1080x1920, 425K)

Yes and yes imo but I only like medium rare due to texture.

you should never eat meat that isnt 100% cooked, it still needs to stay at least 10 more minuts

not for me, but asking somebody else how done you like your meat is retarded.

no you will be fine

On a piece of steak all the germs are on the outside.

They will be destroyed when you sear the steak. The inside can be whatever you want. I like mine pink, but not that red. You can't get ill from eating steak rare or blue, as long as you seared the outside.

Now if it was ground beef, you basically allow all the bacteria and germs to be mixed into the beef thus having to ensure a thorough cooking.

worst piece of advice, bacteria lives inside the microfibers of the meat aswell.. you'll get madcow's

It's red meat. Just fucking eat it.

Lol fuck off.

You can't get any disease as long as you don't let meat touch the air to spread bacteria.

Do you know what causes mad cow disease? The fact moronic farmers were feeding cows their own flesh.

Grab a book.

Depending on the cut of meat, it could be fine to eat. It looks pretty lean so it should be fine. If it had more fat, it would be chewy. Learn to reverse sear. Either cook on the low side of the grill or low in an over and then sear at the end. Or get a sous vide cooker and get perfect results every time.

>too red
You fucking pussy. First off, they bleed the animal when they slaughter it so there's no blood in it. Second, an actual raw steak is brown and burgundy. Third, supermarkets inject meat with food coloring and carbon monoxide to make it look pink and red because dumbasses at the market think that means the meat is "fresh". Fourth, what most people think is blood in a steak is actually fatty tissue trapped between the fibers of the steak that have melted and mixed with the food coloring. Finally, a steak is meant to be eaten rare to medium-rare. Cooked beyond that and you start to burn away so many nutrients, like iron and b vitamins, that you may as well not even eat it.

the red shit is a protein being broken down not a fat.

>a bit too chewy
That is the operative criterion here.
The most expensive meat that rare is not chewy and turns out to be very good eating.
Just bear in mind that all meat will become chewy once again the closer it gets to well-done.

Most grocery store ribeye meat is best eaten at medium rare/medium. It's not good enough quality to eat rare and it will be way too chewy.

it's raw

For next time:

Attached: daily_picdump_1194_640_high_38.jpg (359x640, 39K)

>Is this too Red
Only if you don't like it that rare
>Can I toss it back into the pan
After you've cut it, you're gonna suffer some loss in flavor and texture. Yes you can, but be careful, it'll take far less time to dry it out and ruin it that way than it would have to just cook it longer.

You can eat Steak Tartar, which is completely uncooked meat or you can burn that shit until it's shoe leather, so there's really no realistic dangers to worry about in underdone steak.

You could order it "Blue" in a restaurant, which is raw in the center with a sear on the outermost edge.

the people here are meat connoisseurs discord..gg/q3UFnE

Cook them slower, you're cooking the outside too fast and the inside isn't getting cooked.

Uh, depends on what kind of meat it is.

If it's beef it's fine, you can eat that shit raw.

>can I toss the cut pieces back into the pan
If you want to play it safe take the meat and any juices from the plate and make a foil pouch and toss it in the over for a few. If you don't have much juice on the plate, you could throw a few drops of Worcestershire sauce.

That looks rare. A blue steak sear is thinner.

It’s rare, so it’s fine and yes you can cook it more if it’s too chewy for you

Personally I'd cook it only a little bit more. I like medium-rare But if you like it that way, bong apple teet!

looks good, just don't cut it up all at once, it starts getting cold faster

Yeah nigga that's NOT blue that's rare.

Yes, sir. They are much to red and you can get sick. Cook them a little more, user.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmeat.

The red is just myoglobin, the oxygen carrying protein of muscle not blood. Eat up, my tasty friend

>bacteria lives inside the microfibers
Fuck are you talking about. e-Coli cannot penetrate the dense fiber of steak meat. That is why a properly seared blue steak is safe. And if you're buying steak infected with mad cow disease, you are already fucked.

Having butchered cows and deer, if you've had raw meat that is brown, you had food that was beginning to decompose. Beef is a bright red with very white fatty tissue when freshly cut.

There is usually some blood in the meat, but not a lot. You would not find it dripping out, for example.

Most stores (and I say most, not all, since there are the very few and far between shops that like to break laws) do not put any kind of food coloring in the meat, but they will treat the surfaces with a solution that keeps it showing red and be less quick to discolor when exposed to oxygen.

And yeah, most of the shit that comes out of the steak after it was cooked is the fats that melted during cooking. If you let the meat rest after cooking it, you'll see far less of those juices come out as it has a chance to be reabsorbed into the cells of the meat. You get better flavor that way to, so dont cut into a steak that is just off the grill/pan/over

If you have the chance to, try to Sous Vide your steak (cooked in water held at a low, steady temp in a sealed plastic bag) most amazing flavor and texture. I just give it a quick sear after it's done because I rather have a nice sear outside rather than the plain looking cooked meat look. But that method of cooking seals in all of the juices, nothing can run out since it was in a vacuum sealed bag while cooking.

I don't even understand how people can chew the red part. It takes forever!

>But that method of cooking seals in all of the juices
I usually take the juice and mix in a little butter to pour over the steak. Where sous vide really helps with saving the juices is when you do a top round or eye of round. That makes a very simple gravy 5x better when you add in all the juice. You can usually get between 1-2 cups of juice depending on how big the roast is.

I mentioned earlier that store bought meat will almost always be chewy when it's that rare. If you're eating some prime beef it's a different story.

This is good advice. More pan frying can overcook too easily once it's cut. The oven is lower temp, which gives you a lot more of a window for your preferred wellness.

>thinks all the blood can be taken out of the animal

t. city pussy