What happened to music since 2000

what happened to music since 2000

How did the most talentless genre, a literal parody of musical talent, "Rap" become a mainstay in American popular music for the past 20 years? We used to have music that had messages brought on by pure human emotion, now it's about clothes, jewelry, watches, and no one can do anything but rhyme words on a microphone. (A JC Penny catalog Dr. Seuss) DJ Khaled, whos claim to fame is Snapchat, has his baby pick out the beats and the dude is making millions in the music industry. Cardi B is a musician. She's a popular music artist. Her talent is her fake ass. Is America as a whole more retarded than it was 20 years ago and if so how did that happen

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1545967716711.png (605x664, 12K)

stop listening to the radio, retard.

all these artists look like demons to me

It's always been like this. The only difference is that the band is no longer needed, thrashing a hotel room isn't necessary for exposure, and noone gives a fuck if you sing about rockin and rollin all night.

This. Also there's plenty of talented rappers who has lyrical material years away from SWAG BITCHEZ GUNZ NIGGA.

Topping the music charts

Attached: 17-022412-why_you_should_be_following_dj_khaled_on_snapchat.jpg (1080x540, 87K)

Personally I blame rock fans for killing rock. They didnt let rock grow and change , never embraced new bands. They became irrelevant because they didnt change with the times.

last musicians to be worth a shit

Attached: 81-WA65JUJL._SL1425_.jpg (1425x1425, 361K)

boohoo? get better things to be upset about and stop expecting culture to be fed to you like the fucking tasteless dogbrain you are.
pretty much this.

because NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lol no, slipknot is shit tier. They need 7 people to make thier garbage music LOL

Jews happened.
If you don't understand, pol more.

Jews are the reason Snapchat stars and Plastic surgery queens are America's top musicians these days? Never met a Jew but I heard them fucks rule the world.

Jews

No, the reason for that is people being fucking idiots.
But jews are the reason people are fucking idiots.
Like I said, pol more.

Real music went where real lives go. You gonna have to get out of your comfort zone OP

user-vids.tk

More music is being made today then any point in human history and it keeps growing. If you want to focus on mainstream shit to beat off your hate boner to give your life meaning go for it. There's plenty of good stuff being put out but you don't hear about it because there is a ton of work being put out that will never hit mainstream audiences but is good on its own merits. People as a whole like mainstream shit because they find it catchy. It ain't for me and it clearly ain't for you but it has an audience so be it. Get over it and find shit you like nigger.

Tldr: go look for music you like fag and quit bitching also pol can fuck off. Why should people take personal responsibility when you can just blame the joos for all your ills?

Private prisons.....work it out yourselves

Livin' on the Edgy

Wall-E & idiocracy have your answer

people are lazy and stupid

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? Come join this /pol/ Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! It would really make my day if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
=|+|=|12|=|+|=
.gg/vvftDyy

Attached: join degeneracy akarin 12.png (320x360, 219K)

Blame millennials. They are truly the worst generation so far. They are the social media driven generation. Ever fucking one of them seems to think they should be a celebrity themselves. The absolute bottom tier. They are why we have cunts like Cardi B, DJ Khaled, a shit load dumb ass nigs rappers all named 'lil' something. The fucking Kardashians. A family famous because one of the cunts got pissed on by a bro of a C list celeb and little girls are so fucking dumb these days they actually look up to them. The next will probably top them. The human race is truly in a decline.

>music has always been a dynamic force until now!
yeah, my favourite thing that was never done more than once is black singer drops soft euphemisms for sex, two minutes running

I like the one-time thing of five young boys drop hard euphemisms for sex.

Unoriginality sells because it's easy to liken to. Rap is easy to run homogeneity in, because it all stems from a single sort of point (poor living). People don't want to think of the shit John Lennon thinks because they're not interested in waxing philosophical. That's why white music is all fucking relationships and cars and why a lot of music is sexual and why it all runs together. Stuff that parts from the norm tends not to do well because people on the whole don't really care to do that much thinking. They got bills and shit, just sing about sex and be done with it.

You just pick the shit you like and roll with it. I like when blacks were singing about fuckin' all them wimmenz.

When I'm alone... with my fancies...
I'll... think of you...

people don't have attention spans anymore. that's why rap is the most popular music because it opens itself up to be the most random. back in the day, rap was about battling, then it was about bragging about your dick, then it was about regulatin', then it was bragging on being rich, finally there's nothing to rap about anymore but random drug-addled gibberish. we're seeing the death of rap in it's final throes. I welcome it. I'm thirsty for the next Kurt Cobain or Jim Morrison.

Attached: 88cb0260c1ea3dfcf7df87ecebb1b61f.jpg (736x672, 87K)

Here's my two cents.

The mainstream market for music is driven by consumers. Consumers who are sold a product by individuals who understand them intimately. They find what consumers want, and capitalize on it.

So when a product is designed to be successful, it isn't necessarily designed to be meaningful, or speak truth to power or anything like that - it's designed to capitalize in the most effective way in order to make money. Sex. Power. Base drives inherent in all humans.

I think it's more than that though. I think humans follow the path of least resistance. so following from that, it would make sense that the least palatable product would be something 'difficult' to swallow. Something challenging. Something revolutionary. It's more user friendly if it's something that doesn't demand anything from us. Anything thought provoking.

Attached: 1551260525706.png (5334x3000, 1.19M)

I mean, yeah there’s shit songs, but not every song before the 2000’s was nice.
Take Kendrick Lamar for example, he got a damn Pulitzer prize.
It’s not that modern music is trash, its just unwelcomed change I guess.
Though, I will agree cardi b is shit lol

we can't help it if a group of white people just discovered rap.

But what if a group of gay guys just discovered brap?

because raw people wanna be like ninbas

Yea but that's OPs point. The shit is rampant in American culture now