What are your thoughts on the assassin's creed games?

What are your thoughts on the assassin's creed games?

Attached: 220px-Assassin's_Creed.jpg (220x274, 23K)

Fine gameplay boring story

Games are boring as shit honestly...

First game was so boring that I didn't want to play the rest, although I've been told they aren't as boring

I never really liked them to repetitive.
Played black flag a few months ago. Had to force myself to finish it. Ran like garbage on high end modern PC also

Good idk
ACR was the best by far

Peaked at Brotherhood

Oh yeah this too...odyssey...ran like shit on super high end machine

The first few were revolutionary in a time where there were only shooters and nothing was fresh.
Now, they're milking it dry- it should've died a long time ago. I honestly thought they should've just ran with Watchdogs, but now that's gotten old too.

Peaked during the Ezio trilogy. Last one I played was Black Flag. That one was better than 3 but they really and I mean REALLY fucked up with 3. 3 Should have been a motherfucking masterpiece but it ended up being shit.

Love this franchise. It does have some boring repetitive "collectable" stuff, but overall very good games. Love the freedom of movement.

Agree with this. 3 was garbage.

This. Ezio was the fucking game. Once Ezio/Desmond weren't the main character anymore they fucked it up.

First few were great, then they decided to add a thousand other gimmicks and retarded weapons that made the idea of just straight up stabbing someone feel pointless. Making Templars out to be some secret Jew tier society that controls everything was a bit retarded too

Attached: 15663742.png (500x900, 435K)

Absolute rubbish. Toss them all in the trash heap

Liked the Ezio games.

Origin was pretty good too.

Didn't like it when they introduced guns into the game. I get that it makes sense for the time period in later games, but it just feels lame for a stealthy assassin to be shooting people. The hidden blade kinda started to become less useful, but the hidden blade was what made the assassin so cool.

Black flag and AC3 are the ones i enjoyed mainly because i just enjoy the history of the colonial era. I also purchased Origins solely to explore a virtual map of ancient egypt (i liekd the idea of exploring the great library and Heracleion) i havnt played it for a long time i spent most of my time after just searching for the treasures for fun.

The gameplay has always been kind of meh even the Ezio series but if you have an interest in a particular period of history they can be fun.

Assassin's creed 2 was the only decent one. The rest are boring. I've been forcing myself to finish Origins. I'm pretty much skipping all side quests at this point. Same shot over and over. The story is boring and way too many cut scenes. Sandboxes are generally boring in my opinion.

Brotherhood, Black Flag, Origins, and 2 are my favorites. Haven't played the one in Greece yet though. Like someone else said in the thread, if you like a certain time period. The game will be way more fun then if you didn't. I hated 3 though ngl

I liked the first one. Colorful, relaxing. The second episode was also okay, but the story went wayyy over the top. I stopped there with the series.

Black Flag was great. That's where I stopped though.

First one repetitive, but good story felt like a big experience back in the day. Altair was a little edgy but compelling. Liked the olden assassin alternative history beginning.

2 was probably the biggest jump in quality. Lots of missions, the villa, Mario, story felt like it progressed from the first one well. The direct story of Ezio was outstanding.

Brotherhood was essentially an improvement on 2 in pretty much all ways. I personally didn't like it as much , but really solid story wise. They made the AI super predictable like in the first game and it made players really lean in to the "counter" system though. And that was bad. The map was finally one large place too. Factions were cool.

Revelations didn't really improve on anything other than the map was even bigger. Story was an alright send off for our protagonist. Movement became pretty trivial. I personally liked the realistic climbing from the first.

3 was a huge sidestep but a surprisingly fun one. I liked the alternative history stuff in this one as well. Combat continues to be fast but too simple. Game was still a pleasure to run through. The ship combat was fun as well.

Black Flag was an outstanding game. Abhorrent departure from the franchise. Literally nothing is really assassin's and Templars in this. The two plot points that are can be chalked up to just treasure hunting and nobody would've known it was an AC game. Except for the now slog of combat where nobody can touch you even on the hardest difficulty. Only danger we're riflemen. Nonetheless the story wasn't bad and the pirate aesthetic was great. Sailing the high seas has never been so good. You can hunt down other ships at endgame make for some awesome sea battles.

Unity. Ho man AC Unity had a sketchy launch. So many bugs and broken systems. However they patched them all after a few months and they had an amazing game on their hands. My personal favorite. Stealth is back in a big way. Combat systems completely changed. No counter master kill attack anymore. There's parry. Parrying allowed for deflecting attacks and perfectly timed ones stunned enemies and that's when you "counter attacked". AI was actually smart so if you had to fight more than 5 people you better make some space so you can move around and not get cornered or just run. Parkour also been revamped feels really smart now. No accidentally making a huge jump and suiciding unless you intend to do so. So many fun missions. The puzzles, detective, assassination contracts , platforming dungeons, small cache hunts, even the story missions were pretty good. Compelling story and characters. Fell in love with Arno and Elise. Customization is amazing in this game. Weapons and clothes/gear. There's so many abilitys and ability enhancement coming from the customization. If you just wanna pick up one AC game the others don't come close to this one IMO.

Boring dumb gay

Syndicate had an alright story. I liked the Frye twins, but didn't like hopping between the characters. Maybe if you could use both all the time, they had specific abilities so they could have had more complex levels requiring you to swap back and fourth. Parkour doesn't change much. It's alright, mostly like Unity but still didn't care about it as much IMO.

Origins is good. Outstanding map, okay story. Enough to draw you in anyway. Combat is completely revamped. I hate it now. It's like dark souls combat in a not dark souls game. Doesn't feel right on top of the fact it's not even as good as actual DS combat anyway. Archery feels good though. Solid meh. Deeper Assassin lore story is pretty poopy in this one though.

That's all I've played. I know these are just my opinions so y'all may see things differently.

the games were good but got shit after the ezio trilogy with the exeption of black flag wich even though the story was fucked up was pretty damn fun