Hey /b I'm looking for a first doggo. I found the retired Grey hound a super awesome and compatible dog breed...

Hey /b I'm looking for a first doggo. I found the retired Grey hound a super awesome and compatible dog breed. I was wondering if any owners or Grey hound guys had any tips or warnings. I live in KY so lots of rescue places.

Attached: IMG_5337.jpg (658x516, 91K)

Get pitbull

They are great with kids

I've never owned a Grey hound before, but I imagine they need plenty of exorcise. I'd take it jogging with you to help it burn off excess energy, maybe play a lot of fetch n' junk. But other than than, just normal doggo training should be alright.

Attached: 0037.png (640x360, 377K)

Greyhound owner from OH, their skin is very thin as well as their fur. Make sure they wear a jacket out in the winter. Their skin can tear easily if it gets caught on something. Mine rubbed against some wood on my deck and got a decent cut. They’re also very lazy dogs and will lay around most of the day. They might also not be house trained when you get one since all they’ve known before was basically to run, eat, sleep, and poop. The first few days, it may be a good idea to let it sleep in its cage since that’s where it is most likely the most comfortable. Let me know if you want to know anything else!

They are actually chouch potato's and dont require hardly any exersise. Lazy dogs at there best

tanuki are cutest doggos

Attached: tanuki.jpg (900x530, 98K)

I've been watching all the videos and reading about them. They just seem like amazing doggos who really deserve a good home. I also love how they are basically puppies when you first bring them home except they already have a grown personality

They are? I assumed because they were bred for running it was kind of like their thing. It's usually like that for more specifically bred dogs anyway.

Attached: 0091.jpg (1424x1080, 266K)

They do like running. But really they have small busts of energy fowllowed with hours of lazy laying down times. Super gental Giants and awsome ass looking dogs I'm excited to look to adopt

They really are like big puppies when you first get them. It took mine a while to open up to me and show her true personality. They do deserve good homes though and they just want to relax.

Attached: F3A9A732-9275-477D-BB0D-55E7E1B3F765.jpg (1122x1149, 307K)

See this is why a Retired Grey hound would be perfect. A lazy gental babbie. I can use all my love on and spoil. Also just like me some one needs love and a best friend. And there so cute I can't stand it

Kinda sounds like a cat, 8 hours of up time and 16 hours of sleeping/napping.
I've been kind of wanting some sort of bulldog, maybe an english one or something. I love pugs and the wrinkly faced kinds of pups. This is my current dog, boston/boxer, my sister took it a few years ago of him on st. patricks day.

Attached: 0306152216a.jpg (960x1280, 257K)

Doggo is 10/10 would pet. And yeah a doggo that can lay in the grass with me and relax, but also a majestic running dog. Something I can appreciate and put all of my love in is really what I need right now. Recently out of jail after a long time. No friends anymore and stress of being out. A dog I think will help me stay out of trouble and give me that friend I need

They’re awesome companions! Good luck with your search

Thanks and they do have the whole unconditional love thing going for them. I'd really suggest getting a pup to get the whole experience , but a grey hound pup would probably be expensive.
They're called mans best friend for a reason yo, as long as you plan on treating your dog right, I'd suggest everyone get one at some point.

Attached: 0038.png (640x360, 370K)

Aye I love 5 things in this world in order.
Dogs
Ducks
Taco Bell
Music
Dick

Attached: IMG_20190321_000738963.jpg (2592x1944, 1.48M)

I have way too many likes to put everything in any particular order. Dogs are definitely up there too though if I had to make one.

Attached: AliceLol.gif (500x381, 427K)

Greyhounds are amazing dogs. I would never get another breed. Absolutely the laziest dog I've ever had - very sweet and great with kids.

Picture them like cheetahs. They lay around sleeping almost 100% of the time then have giant bursts of energy where they run around at 50mph (literally) for 3 minutes then back to lazy dog.

My gf wants to do the same

But I think puppies are adorable, and I feel a bit weird inviting a full grown dog into the family. I think it would be an easier acclimation if it grew up with us

They are awesome rescue dogs. Don't get a grey puppy. There are thousands that need rescued from race tracks,even more so now that Florida banned dog racing.