Former alcoholics of Yea Forums, when you stop drinking, how long before the anxiety, insomnia etc disappears...

former alcoholics of Yea Forums, when you stop drinking, how long before the anxiety, insomnia etc disappears? How long before you feel better? Any tips to stay off it? How much better is your life? How long you've been sober for? etc.

Attached: redlabeldrunk.jpg (1000x1000, 100K)

It was a few months before I had my head totally right and I was probably drunk continuously for about 15 years. I also drank before that. Ended up losing weight and not being able to drink and be skinny so I stopped drinking. You don't drink, that's the only way to do it. There's no "I'm in recovery" or "I'm trying to detox" or "I'm trying to cut back" and not even "I don't drink anymore", there's only "I don't drink."

I wasn't a serious alcoholic, only usually around a third or half a bottle of gin 5 or 6 times a week for idk a scratch under a year but I found I felt less shitty after a week and pretty fresh in 2 weeks. my advice would be to find your triggers for craving and avoid them or process them in a healthier way. staying fit (even if an hour of running or cardio a week, whatever fits into your schedule) releases a lot of nice chemicals, takes your mind off booze and gives you a goal to work towards. I guess it depends on why you were drinking; boredom or depression or inability to handle your emotions or whatever and finding a healthier solution to that problem you were having and you'll have less of a reason to drink. some people like replacing alcohol with occasional weed use, which is healthier and less addictive than alcohol while still producing a strong high.

Still tryna quit op. Been drinking since i was 12. Ive stopped for months at times but miss it too much.

Use the money you save to pamper yourself. I rack up credit cards on projects or goals to accomplish before I die. Agree with the post above there are no half measures. The hardest part for me was filling the time I had usually wasted drunk. After a few years I fell in love with the hobbies and dont miss being drunk.

Ive been drunk every night for the past 5 years, drank often for 8 total. Im a very depressed drug dealer that lacks the discpline to quit but damn do i think about it every day

It doesn't take that long to recover. I don't even question myself about it... Eventually I physically couldn' handle the booze anymore. Just really bad GI pain, painful dehydrated headaches, and in worse cases withdrawl... Dying isn't worth anything. For a couple of months, it won't be easy. After a few months you'll already feel better.

bump

look at that muhfugn get

Attached: 1522109956786.jpg (800x620, 43K)

Nice digits

holy fuck

Attached: tenor.gif (498x368, 558K)

cmon man what is this shit, a quints get and barely gets recognition, this place is surely going to the sewage

Sir!

Quitting alcohol will not cure alcoholism. You just need start drinking it in association with fun situations.

holy shit, my best get ever
what?

checked. nice

>how long before the anxiety, insomnia etc disappears

The anxiety took a few weeks, partly because I lost how I burnt off stress and I was forced to face up to the reality I found myself in. The anxiety really did drive me back into it a few times until I could push through it. Insomnia went away first after using benedryl to actually get to sleep, then by slowly getting back into a healthy swing of things, and finally by working out again to be tired enough.

>Any tips to stay off it?

Avoid the people, places, etc. that are tied into your drinking. I had to basically drop out of a friend group and find a hobby that I couldn't do drunk/where there was no booze near it (swam for fitness, shot guns at a really law enforcement/military gung ho type place)

>How much better is your life?

It's objectively better from the low I hit, but not better yet from what I lost that led to the deep dive into alcoholism (the girl, the easy living, the ready made life I enjoyed). I switched where I worked, which needed to happen because I definitely felt like there were some whispers amongst my peers, regardless of my actual job performance (am a prop trader) and that worked out for the better.

>How long you've been sober for?

Around two years.

Fag.

No homo

>Avoid the people, places, etc. that are tied into your drinking.
I do all my drinking at home while alone, can't avoid that as no friends to speak of

This except for the drug dealer part. I have no reason to quit honestly.

This is why I dont drink alone because it becomes like this.

Attached: kinginthenorth.jpg (1502x1000, 238K)

why are you thinking about it everyday then?