So Yea Forums, Ive been offered a job driving a fork in a warehouse...

So Yea Forums, Ive been offered a job driving a fork in a warehouse, which is good as ive been out of work for a while and almost maxed out my credit card in the process. Only problem is its 12 hr shifts, 4 on 4 off alternating days and nights.

Im thinking it would be pretty soul destroying, but like I said i need money, so im pretty torn.
The agency has given me 2 days to think it over and get back to them. So do I take it or should I hold out to find a job with less anti social hours?

Anyone here have experience with these sorts of hours, did it suck as much as it sounds like it would? Any tips on getting through it if i decide to take it?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

If you need moneu, do it until something better comes up. I sometimes clock up to 80 hours a week, it does suck and it is soul crushing but I have a massive heap of money. 4 days off is awesome, do it.

Fuck yeah, forklift jobs are the best, its the job all factory workers fight to get. You flat out got offered a forklift job? take it.

no no, he got offered to drive a fork. didn't you read his post?

>Only problem is its 12 hr shifts, 4 on 4 off alternating days and nights.
I work almost the exact same schedule. It's not as bad as you think, but I'm sure the long term effects might not be so good on your health.

HAHAHAHAHA

Dude come on, I will kill for 4 days off in a row, I work sometimes 10 days and have one day off

Take it. I used to do it. Its actually pretty fun, and time goes by WAY fast. Chewing tobacco helps the time even more.

do it, you'll get used to it

Attached: 0085453035.jpg (1866x1620, 192K)

Do it

>waaa waaaa 12 hour shifts waaaaa give me everything on a silver platter
Toughen the fuck up you little bitch. Driving a fork is easy work given breaks every few hours cos you get zoned out. You work less than 50 hours a week and get FOUR days off. My job is 7 on 1 off 12 hours ATM cos some bastard left without notice and I'm not complaining. Take it OP, or you're gonna even more fucked.

Do it. It could be a long term job or a stepping stone to a better one. One thing I've found through warehouse work is that you'll meet people who know of better jobs and if you do well at this job you have a positive reference for the next.

It's really not that bad. I did 6 12s with one day off for 8 months last year. You'd be surprised what you can get used to.

4:4 is a brilliant roster

If you really need cash, take it

Yes, I worked for WSI that was contracted to manage a warehouse attached to the manufacturing plant.

The 4 week shift changes will damage your sleeping and eating habits. Both are VERY bad. As I have gotten what is called Diverticulitis from the stress of eating suddenly when you body is used to sleeping and vice versa. Also first week your sleeping cycle is out of wack and in the other 3 weeks you get used to it? BOOM! Back in reverse. The fucker there wont tell you that there is no dangers in doing something "so extreem" to your body and mind but I will damage you more down the road.

I am sorry you have problems but take it from me. It's not worth your health. Try finding something else that doesn't do this shift shit!

Take the job dude. I wish I had those hours. 4 days off. I'd take that. I currently do 6 nights a week 9+ hour shifts. One night off a week.

People piss and moan to much and this is why the 3rd world filth get brought in.

Take it if you need it. Work toward something better on your days off.

Yea op I’ve dealt with that type of schedule before and it sucks ass, but if there’s opportunity for advancement into a more regular schedule then stick with it, and make sure you get plenty of sleep in your off time

Attached: image.jpg (1200x627, 922K)

Also you have to wear these shirts it’s mandatory

Attached: image.jpg (470x560, 217K)

try it. worst case scenario you have a nervous breakdown and drop a palette full of bricks on the supervisor's head.

i am now picturing OP, sitting in the company car, holding a fork in one hand and trying not to look like an idiot.

Attached: don_martin_idiot.jpg (236x288, 15K)

And your significant other must wear this anytime they go outside

Attached: image.jpg (480x522, 95K)

>Reddit spacing
Kys and take the job fgt. Your broke ass needs money either way. Would you rather suck dick?

What kind of shit idea is rotating shifts though? All you get is endless tired employees because some dickhead keeps switching schedules.

stop being a pussy and go fucking work

Never understood that either ... just have a fucking night shift and a day shift, there will always be people willing to work nights, less supervision etc... Monday morning day shifters usually get all the wrath of management

Dont be a pussy and take it. What is wrong with this generation of children that are afraid to work? Fucking millenials.

Attached: 1553110098676.jpg (671x1024, 73K)

I'd go for it, it's the same kinds of hours cops work. Also who in their right mind would turn down a full-time job when they're in debt?

Attached: 0019.jpg (1424x1080, 289K)