Hi guys, where is your thread about quadrocopters?

hi guys, where is your thread about quadrocopters?

Attached: picturesf5253FxXxeyX9fmygkzlKNN3jqRflZjpg_600x600.jpg (600x600, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:mr_steele_bundle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

when's the phantom 5 coming out

phantom is fully shit.

whats a better alternative? I dont wanna build shit but I want something that flys far with fpv

My only interest in these lies in going to YouTube videos about news stories where an angry neighbor shot one of them out of the sky or broke it intentionally. If you go into the comments of those videos and claim that you do the same things to drones flying in your neighborhood, a few dozen drone loving aspies will reply with seething anger and challenges like “I’D LiKe To SeE yOu TrY tHaT wItH mY 1500$ sUpEr HoRnEt DeLuXe, It HaS 4 4K cAmErAs AnD LoWjAcK! YoU sCuMbAg CrImInAl!!!!”

The ultimate goal in trolling them is to keep egging them on until they compare their toy to a commercial jet just because the FAA makes laws for both. It’s a real barrel of laughs

Prefer the way a tricopter or pentacopter flies. Feels a bit more "analogue"

I want to get one of the tie fighter quadcopters so I can do the dogfight thing with my X-wing one. Shit looks fun. Also give me more of a reason to whip it out more often.

Mavic. Why carry with you a huge piece of shit

mavis has less range and performance power?

remove kebab with a quadcopter

Their lasers aren't powerful enough. And I kind of don't want the fight to be a one off.

quaddamagequadroroflcopter

no, mavic 2 is better than phantom

I've got a mavic air. I love it. I've flown over 75 miles on it which thoroughly impresses me. I even lost control of it at 393 feet due to a strong wind gust and it fell at nearly the speed of terminal velocity and it works just fine. The battery was rendered inoperable but I replaced it and it works great. Honestly, DJI makes great drones. My next one may either be the mavic 2 zoom or the matrice if i have enough shekels.

What’s a good quadcopter to buy to get into the hobby?

see

sorry thought you meant fpv - there are other cheap racing drones available

team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:mr_steele_bundle

Many thanks :)

depends on how you are using it

in a professional environment, you can expect better feedback from using the Phantom, what looks like a professional piece of equipment vs having the Mavic which is more catered to the drone flight enthusiast. Both are very good choices for both scenarios, just one looks more photography-like and the other more sporty like but in a pro setting, I am going for the Phantom series of Drones any day.

when it comes to notifying your local control towers, does anyone even do it? I am located within class c airspace and about 1.3miles as the crow flies from the airport. i don't really notify them because whenever i call them they route me to a number that never answers. so i'm assuming that they don't care? I'd give less of a crap if i knew my DJI mavic air wasn't able to be picked up but it can with certain software. I don't think this airport has it yet but one day it will.

why are these things a thing? they are annoying as hell and buzz around like bugs

Dosnt matter unless its for a job or flying over like 500 feet

the law states blah blah blah but i am lifting off and flying this thing under tree top level like 5x a day. i doubt they want me calling 5x a day to say hey i'm going to be flying 15-45 feet for about 20 mins.

so basically just don't care then? USA btw

go to the FAA website and regisyer a time frame for your flight if within 5 miles of an airport

you wouldn't happen to know where on the faa website it says that right, i can't find the link. someone also told me about it. google nets no results

coming off winter time, I haven't flown in months but let me try to find that link for you

thanks

seems like they changed some things around. can't find that original page I would have used but it did say that you can use this app called AirMap to do the same thing as what that link does.

Oo I have seen that app. It's kinda like an ADS-B for drones. I'll call this FAA sUAS 1800 number during business hours and figure out what I can do.

you got an 800 numbah? excellent. yes get some answers.

they are probably going to tell you the same thing I am about to say

they will probably tell you to use the abovementioned app or to call the airport.

when it comes to calling the traffic tower, that number isn't just listed. you may have to contact another branch of the airport to get the proper number to air traffic control branch.

the thing is i reach the tower and it's a recorded line but whenever i mention drone i am cut off and given some local number that rings off the hook. i've called it about 75 times before i gave up and never called back. i'll give the faa a buzz and see what they say. i wish they would come up with an email system so i can notify them that way - a lot easier.

they did have a form you fill in that would get sent to them but can't find that anywhere. that would have been the link in question but kinda can't use what you can't find.

yea give them a try on the 800 number and see what options are available to you. I think it went over to app technology. learning experience for both of us

best luck user with this shit

a hobbyist shouldn't have any trouble. just keep it 400 feet or lower and abide by the rules. you'll be ok.