Sup anons? I want to buy a gun for home defense. I live in NY so its already hard enough...

Sup anons? I want to buy a gun for home defense. I live in NY so its already hard enough, but I've been to the psych ward so its documented I'm mentally ill.

Is there any chance for me? Are private sellers at gun shows a way or is that just a liberal meme?

inb4 /k/, don't feel like learning the board's rules

Attached: 20190306_061801.png (500x407, 405K)

There's no chance. Private sellers are legally required to go through an FFL licensed shop.

Are laws more lax elsewhere in the US? Or am I just fucked?

Just go to a QTDDTOT thread and ask there. Also, take a picture of a gun you like, or some memey Russian shit. /k/ is surprisingly /k/omfy, and if you aren't a total sperg you'll be fine.

Also, have you just tried with a gun shop? They are highly motivated to sell, but they want to keep their license so if you're not allowed they'll know why.

What is a QTT+random letters thread?

I haven't pursued it since I asked my therapist and some gun fanatic friends and they said theres no way. I don't want one right now because I'd 100% use it on myself, but down the line if I had a family I'd want to keep safe. Fuck if someone breaks in and kills me, couldn't care less.

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

If that's the case, you should really put this aside for now. You'll have time later. Just let it be.

Its just a thought I've had but you are correct, I just would like to get one sooner rather than in case laws become even more strict.

I wish I could have a handgun for home defense since harder for kids/women to use a gun with more recoil or just to have if walking with friends/family in case something happens.

Maybe in Florida, their private sales laws are pretty lax, at least the last I heard. I don't know for sure, though, so it'd be best to look into it yourself. Also, if you're planning on trying to go elsewhere to buy a gun and then bring it back to NY, you'll get super fucked if anyone catches you, so don't do that.

you can't legally get a gun, good luck

But you don't need a license for a rifle or shotgun do you?

Gun show loophole is legit. Why do you want to "defend your home" do you really mean shoot minorities?

>i live in ny

an aids covered dildo is a more appropriate weapon for self defense in that liberal cesspool,cuck

The only state where you actually need a license to own a gun is Illinois, where the issue FOIDs. What you need a license for is a Concealed Carry permit. However, any time you go to buy a gun, there's about a week long wait period to stop people who want to do something drastic with it and to give the background check time. When you say you went to the psych ward though, were you involuntarily commited or did you check yourself in?

I can only speak for Utah and Arizona, where you can buy a gun through a private sale from anybody, anytime, with no paperwork. Unless they know for a fact you are a convicted felon, it is completely kosher. They don't even have to ask if you are, but if buddy sells a gun to his other buddy who he knows did a few years in the pen, then that's illegal. Other than that, you're good. Big BUT incoming: BUT, if you are going to do this, for the love of god make sure the gun isn't stolen, it's too easy - there are resources online that allow you to search the gun's serial number to ensure it's not stolen. Other than that, you are gtg. Good on you for taking your safety and your family's into your own hands. Godspeed

Don't go to gun shows... too many cameras and shit.
Go to garage sales, ask EVERYONE if they are willing to sell firearms. Specially the old widow grannies.

So I could buy a pistol but just keep it at home? Just really want one for home defense.

I've been there against my will and willingly, but since it was for suicide its considered involuntarily every time. There is no way I could get one if they do any sort of background check, I've already been diagnosed with major depression, borderline and bipolar so if they can get that info there is no way.

Legally diagnosis doesn't matter, it's involuntary commitment. You may just be fuck on this one.

I was born here feggit, I'm only 20 with no degree. If I moved out of state right now I'd get boned. I also live in Smithtown which is almost all white, was and still is a stronghold for the KKK, and people are raised extremely conservative.

Ya, oh well. Find a spouse who isn't crazy to get one ig. Thanks user.

I drive cross country a lot for the meme of it, maybe I'll check them out one time. Thanks user.

I mean they are mostly the only ones breaking in. If I had to kill someone in defense, I'd rather it be with a gun than something more physical. Feel like stabbing someone to death would weigh a little more on the ol conscience.

Why are you living in NY? Aren't there a hundred other cities out there that have the same dose of hobos and niggers but cost a third of the money to live in?

NYC has it's own set of rules.
NY state it's easy. You don't even need a license for a rifle or shotgun.

Couldn't you just break the rules and cite McDonald vs Chicago as a defense? Is the court system in NYC really so arrogant in their city slicker ways to overrule SCOTUS?

I know the rest of NY you don't need a license but I think they do a background check still.

I live with my dad, only 20. I don't live in NYC, I live on the island in a nice suburb. Not NEET but depression makes school really hard and I was put in psych ward during one semester so had to withdraw. If I'm still depressed I don't want to waste money since its still 3k a semsester and I use my own money.

Will be here for awhile, either going to get certified in something or continue being a volunteer fireman until I have enough time to become a paid one.

So it'll be your dad's gun. What does your mental retardation have to do with anything? Also nigga volunteer fireman doesn't count as a job. Do something, anything, but get paid for it. Go sling mulch at Lowe's or ensure old ladies at Best Buy that the flimsy Acer netbook is top of the line and worth every penny of the like $150 she doesn't want to spend.

So the ownership of the gun is based on the house its held?

What do you mean by mental retardation?

And I deliver pizzas, used to be a waiter and I'd work 30 hour weeks during school and 60 during summer. Looking for another job rn, either factory work or delivering for UPS or USPS. Sick of working in service industry since people don't care about it on an application if you want a job outside of it.