Last time i posted this it didnt get much replies but would crown royal rye be better then canadian club's rye...

last time i posted this it didnt get much replies but would crown royal rye be better then canadian club's rye.im lookin for a good 20-25 dollar canadian rye i can mix with coke

ive always liked canadian club over crown royal in terms of canadian whisky

Attached: ryeeee.jpg (960x1280, 174K)

this works better on the rocks user

Attached: 819846816854681651.jpg (776x1176, 114K)

Only mix bottom shelf with coke. Otherwise it’s a waste of good alcohol.

was mainly looking for a canadian whisky.i have been curious about irish gin though

You like Cc because it is already sweet in compare to Crown.

Be a man drink JP weisers.. ffs

eh,ive only had the big plastic 1.75 liter of the regular CC and i like it because its smooth and i can mix it with pretty much anything in terms of soft drinks

u should defiantly invest in a bottle, its far more bitter than you would be accustomed too but the charm is the same.

if thats the case,would canadian club be better then? i havent had either in terms of the rye canadian whisky but canadian club has always seemed cheaper and "lower on the shelf"then crown royal

Crown to me is better than CC, as we Canadians say. But Gibson's is very popular as well, some people like more than CC or Crown

CC has a long history. The factory is in Windsor, Ontario directly on the water with Detroit on the other side. That is what was mostly snuck across the river in Prohibition times and why it has a special following

have you had the rye though? ive always just bought the regular crown royal or the regular canadian club

Yes all three. In Canada anyways we order it as "rye". All 3 kinds are actually called "Rye Whiskey". They do have some premium aged etc and some fucked up Maple flavored ones but just the regular is what you want.

>some people like more then just CC or Crown

yeah,ive only ever really had CC or crown.i guess if there would be anything else around 20-25 bucks it wouldnt hurt to mention,i was just trying to decide between crown royal rye or CC rye

Walkers special old or 40 creek..thank me later

although,im in america.so i guess if suggestions would happen it would have to be stuff you could find in places outside of canada

I live about 10miles from where they make 40 creek. Its good but not a standout to me,

Same user talking about Windsor blah blah blah.

FYI, wherever you live if it is not made from corn 95% of the time it is made from rye, including most vodkas and tequilas. If it is made from potato or agave it is very premium and expensive.

Definitely get some 40 creek...you'll love it

>tequilas

tequila's pretty cheap in my area compared to mezcal.although,ive only really bought 1 brand of mezcal and threw it away because it actually did have a worm in it

Gibsons rare

Just get a good bottle of Scotch instead of mixing bottom shelf asswater with coke.

nice after dinner scotch and a cuban

Northern Harvest is really good for the price point. I'd go so far to say best bottle ~30$

Didn't read you mean to mix. If you are mixing just buy the cheapest clear alcohol and forget whiskey.

You get what you pay for ..CC and CR are names ..Walker's or 40 creek are good low range fare

>forget whiskey

so you've never heard of "crown and coke" before?

40 creek for mixing. Anything cheap will do.

Just to be clear op...all these brands are rye...in Canada the only person that would say "can I have a rye whiskey is an under ager trying to sound proper to a bartender...it's rye and water/coke/ginger etc.

if you're mixing it with gmo pop..it works

clink...cheers fren

>in canada

ok......but(op here by the way)i dont live in canada

Crown was always the best rye in my books but coke ruins it. If you must mix try Sprite, no more than 50-50. Gibsons Finest is pretty good too but Crown Royal is the pride of Gimli Manitoba for good reason.

Attached: 1488835166701.png (579x591, 558K)

that's my point...you are asking about the "rye" version of cc or crown. Wherever you buy it, it is the same recipe and all rye. In Canada it is marketed as rye, some places rye whiskey and sometimes Canadian whiskey. all the same product trust me! the internet never lies

Crown always sounds like the better brand and the base versions I'd always pick crown over CC but the 100% CC is some damn nice brew.

That said, fuck your mixes get that shit straight or a touch of ice. Learn some good Rye and test the waters from across the water with some Irish or Scotch

It's fuckin crown time oak island bros

Attached: tspwXzn.png (720x406, 682K)

Gibson's,Walker's,40 Creek...you're mixing ...this isn't on the rocks or premium booze we're talking

yeah,op here.ive only really ever drank canadian whisky mixed with coke