Are revolvers good for home/self-defence?

Are revolvers good for home/self-defence?

Attached: Image.jpg (732x496, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-41-the-taurus-judge-vs-the-box-o-truth/
how-i-did-it.org/drywall/results.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NZTBPpZk0Mc
gunsamerica.com/digest/ar-home-defense-clay-drywall-raw-meat-myth-busted/
botach.com/caa-micro-roni-glock-pistol-carbine-conversion-kits/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why not? They wont jam, 6 rounds is probably all you need, and if you got a 357 thats powerful enough to stop any nigger trying to rob you.

Meh, I like having more rounds available incase. I'll take my .40 M&P or the .40 glock over a six shooter anyday.

I don't know, but my grandfather used to say: "if 6 bullets ain't enough, then you're in god's hands".

You'll end up kys with it anyway, cops have higher suicide rates for a reason. That being said why not a pistol they hold more rounds?

yucky .40, 9mm is the true choice

Lol, ok. As it takes you 2 to 3 rounds to stop someone when my 1, should do the trick fine.

Great saying but, I'll trust my .40 with 16 rounds over Gods hands.

>current year
>people still have this argument

Like .40 is some powerhouse lol, if you are using hollow points the .40 won't stop anyone any easier than a 9. It would probably perform a bit better than 9 in fmj but who the fuck is shooting anyone with fmj. I'll take the cheaper round to shoot for fun

OP a revolver can be fine as long as you're comfortable shooting it. If you have access to one you should just go shoot it and practice until you don't have to ask this question.

Agreed, I'm not arguing. Cause I know for a fact a .40 has more stopping power then a 9mm. I have nothing against a 9mm, ammo is cheaper, that's nice. But, I like a .40 I like to bring more to the table. If I really cared I would carry a damn .50.

you grandfather is also a retard

plenty of people take 6 shots to the body

Don't argue with science and don't make me school you on the difference. Just accept that the .40 has more stopping power. The 9mm is fine, nothing wrong with it. Stop having caliber envy.

>if you're need more than 6 shots you're a bad shot HEHE

>I know for a fact a .40 has more stopping power
Oh my god what a faggot.

Omg, yes, it's been proven over and over you stupid bitch.

>current year
>saying "current year"

If need more than 6 shots then the ar comes out

>triple dubs of truth.

Stopping power depends on the ammo not the weapon.

Do you think also there is no difference between a .556 and a 7.62 round?

>people discussing ammo
>this retard chimes in

Yeah, no shit. Hence the .40 vers 9mm. Thanks for adding nothing.

22LR for plinking, 22 Magnum for attacks by bulky anons, panthers or jigab00s

Attached: rug-0626 (2).jpg (5195x2280, 1.17M)

Look we can all hear your inadequacy complex and crippling buttfrustration over not choosing 10mm but could you please stop compensating so loudly

Who the fuck asked you shit, fuck face? If you are not adding to the convo, then you are the fuckin problem. Go jerk it to some cock, fag. Boys are taking about ammo.

Agreed, I'm not arguing. Cause I know for a fact a 10mm has more stopping power then a .40. I have nothing against a .40, ammo is cheaper, that's nice. But, I like a 10mm I like to bring more to the table.

Nice triple dubs

Actually, a revolver significantly decreases your chances of successfully solving any problems whatsoever.

Shoot yourself in the face with one and let us know how it feels.

Your grandfather was a faggot who was never in a gunfight.

Sweet, that is logical. Glad you used your brain for something more then trying to be witty, in an argument you can't win.

>2011+(current year-2011)
>saying "saying 'current year'"

Don't argue with science and don't make me school you on the difference. Just accept that the 10mm has more stopping power. The .40 is fine, nothing wrong with it. Stop having caliber envy.

This guy is a dumb person.

Eurocuck detected

I would ask if you're a woman cause you don't seem to understand and can't except you are wrong. But, I know there are no real women on b/. So, you must be a faggot.

Attached: fuckin dart in your neck.gif (220x134, 140K)

yeah, if anyone breaks in, you can kill yourself real easy.

redneck detected

Attached: 1442186212139.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

Who the fuck asked you shit, fuck face? If you are not adding to the convo, then you are the fuckin problem. Go jerk it to some cock, fag. Boys are taking about ammo.

Ok, that's funny. Thanks for the laugh, user.

Never jams, the spring in the magazine never goes bad. Dependable long term storage to immediate function.

>My trips have spoken
And to the kid who can't get off my dick..just say you want to suck my dick, you cute lil fag.

Yeah, great gun for the lazy fuck who doesn't take care of their weapon. To each their own.

Yes, but a double stack 9mm is better, and an ar15 is better than both.

Your grandpa is a fag

Retard

A revolver can actually jam - the cylinder can misalign. Additionally the crane that supports the cylinder is a weak point and can easily bend if struck on the cylinder. And mag springs don't wear out in storage. Stop perpetuating that fuddlore.

A semi auto in regular use might have more simple failures (failure to feed or eject) but you could throw a Glock off a 3 story building and bet odds it still functions as intended after. A revolver, I wouldn't try that.

All that said I'm a 1911 fag anyway.

/thread

Sweet, that is logical. Glad you used your brain for something more then trying to be witty, in an argument you can't win.

I live in shit land California so anything more than 0 rounds is illegal. We are to we have to run away first. I keep a shotgun with birdshot under my bed.

Attached: night sky.jpg (1227x1600, 570K)

Revolver will never jam

Check out the Taurus Judge OP, it's a 5 shot that takes a .410 shotgun shell or a .45LR. I keep 3 buckshot and 2 hollow points in mine. Love the thing.

>plenty of people take 6 shots to the body
how many to the head?

>retard

This, if your clip fed were to jam it could cost you your life, however I think with most burglars/robbers, if they hear the slide action of a clip fed that's all it takes to send them running.

Never, eh? Prove it.

>clip
Get out.

This !

Only sane reply to the thread. Also if you use an AR for home defense youre fucking retarded. If you miss youre gonna shoot your neighbor. 12ga master race

Judge is a piece of shit that's only good for popping snakes.
>clip
Quality post

I bet you shoot your gat sideways also? Fuck off.

00 buck will penetrate drywall while 5.56 wont, shotgun is an objectively worse choice for HD.

>gonna shoot your neighbor
Assuming you have neighbors
Assuming the Ar would miss.
I assume you are a retard.

/thread

Believe what you want, the buckshot holds a 2.5inch grouping at 50 ft and the .45s do their job just fine. Maybe you just suck? OP said home/self defense and for that, it does it's job.

Only if the other guy also takes ten paces first

Attached: fat-val-kilmer_400x400.jpg (400x400, 25K)

I just don't reccomend a revolver for a beginner. Why I say that is because if they actually have to use it, fear of that and lack of experience with only 6 shots and you hope that's only one person you have to kill. So, if they miss the first 2 to 3 shots then not much left to kill 2 people or more. I'll still use a semi with 16 shots to make sure I live and they don't. Simple math.

Shot placement > caliber

>buckshot holds a 2.5 inch grouping at 50 feet
Post your judge I dont think you even own guns.

It's a rifled barrel shit will donut if it contacts the rifling. It also doesnt have enough velo to penetrate sufficiently.

theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-41-the-taurus-judge-vs-the-box-o-truth/

Maybe stop your post purchase rationalization and get a decent gun for hd.

This

How many paint chips did you eat as a baby?

>Implying people too inexperienced to handle a gun proficiently should have a gun for home defense

Agreed. Devils advocate, dude is running at you, you control pair 2 9mm to his chest. Does it stop his rushing at you? Perhaps it does. Now, same scenario but with a .40. I think that 2 with a .40 would have just a bit more punch then the 9mm. It's not just me saying this. It's been studied. Read a fuckin book if you know what that is? Ok, just Google, that I know you know how to use.

Most gunfights involves lots of shots in short period of time. Thus more shots the better. Properly trained revolver is very hood tho. And no safety to forget about in stressful situation.

>implying you have ever been in a life and death situation where you have to act right away. Nice try.

2 seconds on google would have saved you this embarrassment.

how-i-did-it.org/drywall/results.html

Don't you want to fire two rounds at once? Get the S333

Attached: Standard_Manufacturing_S333_Volleyfire_revolver_7.jpg (610x610, 133K)

Do people actually use 00 buck for home defense? I'da thought birdshot or number 4 buck would be better, unless you're expecting to be home invaded by gigantic moose.

.40 all the way.. .45 is my fav but .40 is a nice.. I laugh at all Americans. Not interested in adopting a very sensible metric system with kilometres, meters, grams, kg’s but yet many of them shoot 9mm 10mm.. on the flipside I’m Canadian. And I prefer 40-45 cal..

Best gun is the one you have.

Agreed. Devils advocate, dude is running at you, you control pair 2 .40 to his chest. Does it stop his rushing at you? Perhaps it does. Now, same scenario but with a 10mm. I think that 2 with a 10mm would have just a bit more punch then the .40. It's not just me saying this. It's been studied. Read a fuckin book if you know what that is? Ok, just Google, that I know you know how to use.

Yes. #4 buck master race though. Birdshot is ass.

Revolvers are great for home defence. Super cute. Not exactly practical in any sense of the word but if you like old deprecated things that cost more for less function I highly recommend. Throwing stars like ninjas use is also worth checking out. Maybe throwing axes if you're serious.

You used the word beginner in your post.

What the fuck. Wouldn't that technically be a machine gun?

As long as you don't get into a hand to hand struggle with someone who knows the one limit of a wheel gun, they are the most reliable system..

One other issue, if you fire one in the dark, the mostly likely condition for a home defense situation, you are blind after the first shot from the massive and bright fireball that will fill your field of vision.

Every system has its limits and issues.

You need to determine your gunfighting style BEFORE selecting your weapon.

Not just punching paper on the range. There are instructors that can help you on this. Instructors that also rent out different systems with instruction so you can find what works for you with little to no doubt.

>dubs of truth.
Funny, user. Good shit.

>6-8 bullets is not practical for home defense and is on the same level as throwing stars.

Wrong. 5.56 will tear through drywall, studs, concrete block and 3/8 steel like butter.

Buckshot will also penetrate drywall, plaster, and in some cases concrete block.

Quit believing shit you read on the internet. Go try this shit out for yourself.

If you can aim a firearm chambered in .22lr just as well as you can something in .50ae then it's basically the same. Caliber really doesn't mean anything when it comes to home defense.

I regret nothing about purchasing it. I love this thing. It's my EDC choice when I'm driving over some of my others. Hate if you want newfriend, doesn't bother me and would still recommend it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-101147_Gallery.jpg (1920x1080, 1.14M)

>wat is NATO standard and how duz it affect surplus ammo
Curious form of retardation you've got there.

Samefag is butthurt.

Yep. A revolver is all you need. The rest should be banned.

Most of the times I had to pull just seeing the gun would stop some one. Three gunfights I was in was just 3-4 shots and everyone bolted.

You don't need 17 bullets, bit nice to have. It ain't the fucking movies. You shoot and get the fuck out. If you hang around long enough for 17 shots you're a fucking moron.

Ex street thug.

Caliber means nothing? Ok, take a nap, jr.

If OP or anyone lives in an urban environment with neighbors less than 100' away, 10 mike mike is a bad idea.

Overpenetrates, hard. Was designed by Colt for the FBI when they were scared every bad guy was gonna start wearing kevlar.

Yeah, if you live in Detroit.

I'll never get why pretend people are so obsessed with aemrica. Can't talk about anything without gushing over how they are so obsessed with America and what the Americans are doing.

In NZ, that's all you have left

>They wont jam

Yes, they definitely can. Cylinder lockup is a thing, I've seen it happen. Malfunctions with a revolver are definitely less common than semiautos but whereas semiauto malfucntions are usually cleared with remedial action, revolver malfunctions usually require gunsmiths to fix.

You all feel like dirty harry with your shiny guns but you'll more likely kill a fat neighbor over some garbage argument than actually kill a bad guy, you fatasses.

Because we're the only real 1st world country, we set the standard for everything, and things are relevant only as compared to us?

You do know the .40 and 10mm are the same caliber, just different powder charges and casings, right?

The difference between the two is not about stopping power, but of the issue of overpentration in urban environments.

You don't come out ahead stopping the bad guy, but also killing baby Kaitlyn next door.. You get that, right kid?

Stop using M855 and use proper defensive ammo and 5.56 will stop in the first layer.
I've been here far longer than you and carry whatever you'd like, even a judge is better than no gun.

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-111735_Clover.jpg (1434x360, 85K)

yeah maybe if youre a retard who knows nothing about guns
>low capacity
>slow reload
>limited caliber selection
>limited accessories
>gay optic systems

Attached: IMG_0444.jpg (640x480, 73K)

>projecting this hard
weeeeeeeeeeeeew

I hate guns. What else could I use for home defense?

Personally believe shotguns are best for home defense.

armor piercing ammo, steel core ammo

Two 18" double ended dildos, dual wielded as maces.

You watch too much anime. 10mm is good but it's not going to blow through 69 concrete walls after killing a bad guy and hit stacy. There's no such thing as overpenetration.Buildings are a bit stronger outside of japan. One possible reason is we use something besides 1-ply tissue paper for walls.

I use m855 because I WANT to penetrate through walls.

Kek, really though. Get a good knife? Guns scare me.

/thread

I do know that. I'm heckling the .40 guy for being a retarded fag. This post is somewhat informed so I'm assuming you're not the same guy.

Did you even read my post?
Blessed.

They are good for murders (other than not being able to really use a suppressor effectively), as there's no spent brass to police if you don't want to get caught.

Fuck the neighbors. I'm not dieing cause some asshole meth head wants my shit and I'm throwing ninja stars or I know, I'll use my num chucks and win the day.
Anons are truly fuckin retard in this thread. I hope you never have to use your pee shooter.

>>low capacity
True
>>slow reload
True
>>limited caliber selection
You mean more powerful caliber selections?
>>limited accessories
Gay
>>gay optic systems
Gay

Shot placement isn't a meme, faggot.
But please, continue to have caliber envy.

>pee shooter
>calling others retarded

You are heckling no one you fat tard. You don't know shit. And irl I would shit in your mouth.

Baseball bat.
Also quit being a puss.

Accuracy though... Shooting from a stone cold slumber in the dark, do you really trust hitting your target?

Shotgun is the only way to go imo.

I have had multiple failures of cartridges on high quality guns (Sig pistols, S&W Pistols, S&W AR15s, Colt AR15s, etc) that jammed under normal semi auto use that required tools to remove a cartridge/make the gun useable again.

I have literally never had that happen with a revolver. Between me and my dad we have probably 15 revolvers.
I even have one of those stupid as fuck old Nagant revolvers and even THAT retardo thing has never jammed with 80 year old ammo.

Home defense, use a revolver. End.

Oh ok, killer. How many people have you shot?

Guns are scary. It's a lot better to be raped or shot than to own a gun. Glad to finally see someone with a little sense here.

Oh shit it's still you. Okay hold on lemme find some other dumb shit you said to copy paste.

You are heckling no one you fat tard. You don't know shit. And irl I would shit in your mouth.

Plenty of DEAD people, yeah.

> pee shooter
>calling others retarded
Doesn't know that is a long standing term for a revolvers. Nap, Kenny, it's past time for you.

You're a woman. You act just like a bitch that got her ass spanked. You make me raff.(you) in pic.

Attached: 1549856326512.jpg (646x720, 255K)

Don't call me a pussy because I hate guns. I don't even want to kill someone in self defense. A taser, maybe.

You have no operational experience nor much understanding of history on the weapons involved.

Look into the history of the 10mm, and why the FBI dropped it.

Now, you CAN offset and overcome some of these issues in specialty ammo. HRT groups sometimes use 10mm SMG's, but most of the ammo they carry blooms out and loses tons of energy on fairly light material, but dumps a ton of energy into watery targets.

Penetration is NOT your friend, hydrostatic shock is where stopping power is truly calculated.

Grow up and get out of school before you start mouthing off you bitch punk cuck kid.

Nice try, FBI.

/k/ommando here

Revolvers are fine for carry/hd. I kept a 357 in the nightstand until I got my Class III approval paperwork and tax stamps

Now I keep a suppressed SBR 9mm SMG next to the bed. Had two break-ins in the last several years. One I never caught since he ran off the second I chambered a round. The second was downstairs at our old house. Some meth head broke in and was hiding in the pantry. Had my wife call the cops while I held him at gunpoint. After waiting for the cops for close to an hour and getting bored as hell, we just started talking to the guy and eventually let him go. Told him if he ever comes back, I’ll blast him and bury him in the back yard.

.22, or even. 22 magnum, is better than nothing, but you really need to step up your game. .357 is easily handled and will comfortably end most threats in a single round. .22 is risky.

>pussy

You won't have to worry about this unless you live around niggers.

Checked

.22 is the most lethal round in the US by volume of deaths. Mainly because of how plentiful it is.

Of course every fudd gun store you go in has some old bastard retelling the story of how he shot a crackhead 16 times with a .22lr and he just kept coming.

Pea shooter is the term you're looking for, maybe spend less time on 4chinz and more time studying your remedial english textbooks.

Funny part is you have so many fags on here that never had to fire a gun for self defense or even at a real person but, they all know something. Whatever bunch of larpers.

I put a light on my Ithaca, light cone is set to mostly match the shot spread of the 00 buck, but she's loaded with my "party mix" of 00, flechette and sabot slugs.

Always initially loaded the same. If I'm out and about with her, the first two are compressed lead breachers.

I'm not the guy you want mad at you.

I will pea, pee shoot on your mom's face, you keep runnin your cock sucker, cock sucker..

You're a woman. You act just like a bitch that got her ass spanked. You make me raff.(you) in pic

Attached: 1552977362965.jpg (866x1024, 104K)

This iddiot thinks revolvers don't jam

>HRT groups sometimes use 10mm SMG's
Trannies equipped with 10mm submachine guns?
My god

Your wife is cute? Hard to see her dick in that pic but, I'm sure she is the best you could do. Way to go, sport.

Stay salty new friend. Post your guns.

The only person killed by most firearms is the owner and seeing as how they're pressing the muzzle against their own head, follow up shots aren't typically required.

Well he is right. A .40 S&W round does transfer more energy with a larger surface area equating to more stopping power. Out of a 4 inch barrel the .40 has higher velocity, and the hollow point round will expand to a larger diameter causing more trauma to soft tissue and the higher energy transfer makes a larger temporary cavity. Ballistics don't lie. That all being said, modern 9mm defensive loads are still sufficient for self defense purposes, are less expensive, and generally more available. So, either will work fine for either self defense or home defense. But the best home defense option alsways has been and always will be a pump action .12 gauge shotgun with an 18 inch barrel. A Mossberg 500 is probably the most cost effective option. Runs around 300.00 us, holds 7+1 and with slugs is a goddamned cannon. That's what I reach for if I hear something go bump in the night.

My edc. I find it adequate.

Attached: 13828379_1.jpg (1200x609, 54K)

Lol, I'm not salty, I just like a good time. I take nothing personal on b/ if Someone actually gets butthurt on b/ then they truly are a tard and should be hit on the head with a fat dick. I don't post pics of muh guns cause I want no proof they are mine. I'm paranoid, deal with it.

Thanks for someone that has some knowledge. Hello b/ro.

Do you conceal it up your colon? What is that .460?

Gayyyyyyyy

Attached: 1911_9mm_1000_2.jpg (1000x650, 466K)

It's a .45 long Colt. There is no .45 long rifle moron

It's a magazine asshat. Clips are not the same thing. Obviously you are a nogunz

She's pretty but, it's not a magic 9mm that beats the science of a .40. You kids are fun.

(You)

I personally keep an AK-15 with armor piercing hollow point shells under my pillow and I sleep with my finger on the trigger

>if they hear the slide action of a clip fed that's all it takes to send them running.
Only a fucking idiot would have a gun within reach, that was not ready to use.
Be quiet now, user.
Adults are talking.

(You)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

*Sigh*

>finger on the trigger
No trigger discipline
(You,) leave.

>hurr durr baby next door.

punch yourself in the face, dipshit

Attached: you.jpg (570x587, 43K)

>lol dubs checked.
It's always a fun debate. Don't act like you don't like it. You tease.

Bad practice

What? Defeated by my factual statements?

Nothing says "I'm ready to defend myself" like an unloaded weapon.

It's only the invocation inevitably escalating "stopping power" argument that I find tiresome.

I can't believe you're still so butthurt that you didn't choose 10mm.

Springfield xd45 anyone

Why did the FBI drop it?

No

Doesn't seem to me you are busy at the moment. You're shit posting in the asshole of the internet like the rest of us. So, you seem to have the time to master debate this. No?

No

Very nice. 45. That will be the one and only .45 I will get. I figure I only need one. 45. Good choice, user.

People have walked away unscathed from birdshot.

Yeah, like Dick Cheney's friend that took it to his face. I hate that guy but, when I heard he shot his friend in the face, well, that shit made me laugh.

I wouldn't know.

Holy shit. Do you have a very particular set of skills? Are you Liam Neeson? Is your gun a magical boomwand that requires no practice, yet will magically save your life in a pinch, but only if the caliber is large enough and there are enough rounds in it?

>now you get it dubs checked.

Attached: ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif (400x300, 21K)

I do not keep a round in the chamber in any SA firearm I own

Loaded mag, sure.

Revolvers are the exception

Absolute Puss

Why would I want or need a 10mm? It's highly impractical. A .40 does the same job or for that matter any modern 9mm defensive load. I have multiple 9mm and .40 S&W handguns. I also have a shotgun. Why would I need a 10mm? It's more expensive to shoot and only does overkill damage beyond a .40. It's just your way of trying to compensate for a small cock if I had to guess. Come back with some sort of technical justification as to why I would need a 10mm over a .40 S&W. I'll wait. Also FYI the FBI had the .40 S&W developed as the more practical alternative to the 10mm as the extra powder and case length was more then needed in a handgun for professional law enforcement use. If the FBI would say the .40 is preferable to the 10mm that kind of shits on your stance.

I'm sure you're a fucking crack shot when a 250 lbs nigger is running at you, Mr. Neeson.

1911 master race here.
You will realize the glory of one in the pipe when you ascend to SAO.

True, amber is always best. I hate a safety but, sometimes it's a good thing. A safety really isn't shit if you practice enough till it's second nature to flip it off, as it should be if, you have a safety. I still agree amber is the correct way to carry a weapon.

Hate California gun laws.

You don't know me or what I may or may not have done. What I will say is I know I have more training in weapons then you do, kid. Take a nap, you are getting cranky.

Why would I want or need a .40? It's highly impractical. A 9mm does the same job or for that matter any modern .380 defensive load. I have multiple .380 and 9mm handguns. I also have a shotgun. Why would I need a .40? It's more expensive to shoot and only does overkill damage beyond a 9mm. It's just your way of trying to compensate for a small cock if I had to guess. Come back with some sort of technical justification as to why I would need a .40 over a 9mm. I'll wait.

I was taught the better version of this "if you can't do it in 6 rounds you ain't gonna do it"

I carry a 5 shot revolver.

I mean really, hopefully I never have to use it but I'm sure y'all like watching all those robber gets rekt vids as much as I do. There rarely more than 6 shots between everyone. They want your wallet or the register not a firefight. This ain't Fallujah where you're going to get "pinned down" behind a car while a group of terrorists try to flank your position. Everybody thinks they're fuckin Rambo

Attached: 1549179075456.jpg (640x637, 50K)

>This ain't Fallujah where you're going to get "pinned down" behind a car while a group of terrorists try to flank your position.
Can you gauntee that, in writing, please?

Attached: 1533316583029.jpg (600x548, 36K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NZTBPpZk0Mc

Ah, ok. I guess my service in the 10th Mountain Division serving in Afghanistan for most of the early 2000s is far outmatched by your time arguing with fags at the local gun range.

ITT everyone circle jerks to the thought of a nigger breaking in. The same way a 5 year old thinks he's gonna be a super hero.

10th mountain, should have known.
I'm a scout, 19D , 2 go's in Iraq. Think you know me?

Yep

Attached: 218px-CavalryLogo.png (218x218, 41K)

i was askin about revolvers yesterday but what if you wanted something more like a glock but still had the power of a revolver

>more like a glock but still had the power of a revolver
This time, un-ironically 10mm.
There's also desert eagle in 357 or 44 mag but those are absurd and reserved for wannabes.

So many losers on here larping about guns.

10th mountain, do you know what the red over white means ?

I personally would not but if I had to I would use a TRR8. 8 round 357 with some type of light attachment.

>made of plastic
>faggy trigger flappy thing
>only for people with tiny trump hands
>shoots peas
>jams on thursdays

How about the Stetson and spurs? Do you know why there are 2 colors of spurs? Do you know where we will eventually meet?

This.

Also, statistically, you can typically end the incident by either simply brandishing the weapon or regardless of caliber.

You shouldn't really pull a gun unless you are fully prepared to use it. Yeah, caliber matters to the person that you are showing the gun to ( bad guy) so, he should be calculating his success rate of taking that weapon away from you or if needed, how bad that Caliper of round the damage will be. So, for those that think Caliper doesn't matter, ok. Believe it then.

unless you live some fascist like CA or NY just buy a glock 19, a few mags, a 1000 rounds to practice with and be done with it.

>So, for those that think Caliper doesn't matter, ok. Believe it then
I mean yeah I definitely want my brakes to work when I leave the house

>ca or ny

not like republicans and trump's attitude towards guns is any better then those "fascists"in ca or ny

DAO is the Mac one-button mouse of handguns.

Eat a dick, oh no, user misspelled a word so nothing he says can be right. Grow up, spiffy.

a snub nose revolver is good for personal carry when you need a close range shot. for home defense, you might be shooting from more than a few feet away and want something other than a snub nose revolver.

just my 2 cents. I used to carry a S&W Airweight, but changed my carry to a 380. The 380 wears better and is more accurate.

Know how I know you're the same guy that likes .40 S&W?

Revolver is a good choice. Just pick a caliber that’s right for you since any gun is infinitely better than no gun. Just remember that all guns are loud, and anything .357 magnum and above can seriously damage your hearing if you shoot it indoors.

Shotgun. You don't miss in a room when you use a shotgun.

Know how I know that you know that I know that I don't give 2 flying fucks. No fucks given today.

Playing aside, I like all guns no matter the caliber. It's fun when anons get all crazy about what gun is best with what caliber of round, ect. It's fun, if it's not,then why are you here?

You're talking out your ass.
For starters, a lot of the dudes that rob liquor stores and shit only use a .22 or even an empty gun. They never even fire. 99% of people just do whatever they're told when ANY kind of gun is pointed at them. End of story.

This is statistically proven. If you're in an altercation with criminal and you're armed, most of the time, the altercation can be avoided without ever firing a shot.
When shots were fired, the altercation was ended in the same number of rounds (statistically speaking) regardless of caliber. This includes .22.

Moral of the story, people don't like to be fucking shot. Doesn't matter what you shoot them with.

Yea, but you also ruin the room.

not sure what your point is, I can buy an super scary AR15 with 30 round mags, or a glock 19 with the extra scary 33 round mags, thats not illegal at the federal level. I can do it without a cuck license and waiting period too.

Ok, great story. I'm not trying to fuck your mom, calm down, user.

Okay I'm just gonna say this here since this thread is full of tryhard keyboard jockeys anyway. I own dozens of guns, all sorts of handguns from Sig to CZ, STI and other high end 1911s.
Know what my favorite handgun is? My cheap surplus Star BM9. The controls, layout, accuracy, durability, fitment in my hand and lack of intrusive safety mechanisms all make this the best handgun I've fired.
Commence arguing.

Attached: Star_BM.jpg (3777x2254, 1.07M)

plus you ruin your hearing,considering shotguns are louder then pistols.also,have fun when you out of shells and have to reload them 1 by 1

>ar15

>not illegal at a federal level

oh,just wait.when trump gets re elected.the fun begins.he hasnt showed his "true colors"yet when it comes to guns,but i guarentee when republicans re elect him.he will

regardless,if you live in some cuck liberal state like CA or NY.chances are you arent responsible enough to own a gun anyway

Perhaps they are

but as this country progresses socially you will be expected to spend roughly 15K on the process to own and operate a rifle. It will be akin to the responsibility of buying a house, and will include insurance and a full background check.

I'm not arguing trump is some friend of the second amendment, especially after the whole bumpstock bullshit, but I do believe republicans in general even trump are much more constitutional on the 2nd amendment than liberals.

Then you're doing it wrong.

This, although it depends on how easily/quickly you wake up and gain awareness, along with how much expensive shit is gonna get fucked by that spread.

(You) are.

>I like all guns
Even this?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-24-10-01-24.png (720x516, 654K)

>trips of retardation
All you got from that post was "finger on the trigger"?

Trump actually mulled over taking away guns first before due process. It's on tape. He also said during his Presidential Campaign that he agreed with Stop and Frisk and that some people on the street shouldn't have guns.

>Trump actually mulled over taking away guns first before due process. It's on tape
Link

>Low capacity
5-10 rounds depending on caliber
>Slow reload
Only if you only count the time it takes to change magazines and not load them, im sur ei can shoot more with a speed reloader.
>Limited calliber selection
I can shoot 22 and .357 without any aftermarket gear, Can glock? Or do you have to pay another 300 for a converter kit.
>Limited accessories
Are you a female?
>Gay optic systems
You mean fiberoptic sights? Whats gay about that?

No. Fuck off.

If you don't know this kind of shit, which happened two years ago, no less, you have no business discussing shit in these threads.

Japan has higher suicide rate, but no gun ownership, so your logic is shit

>you could throw a plastic gun off a 3 story building and it would still work
I wouldn't bet on it, chump

>No. Fuck off.
Okay never happened then

Yep

I don't doubt that's all you got from it. Thanks for proving you're a tard.

ultimate self defense weapon

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 252K)

Get out of this thread.

Depends, they're often chamberd in rounds with a lot of penetration. If you have family or people around and you miss you only have six shots and four might be going through the walls into other people's riooms while you fimble in the dark after being startled awake by an intruder. That's a problem with many weapons, nor just revolvers. Your situation using a defense weapon is usually when tour at a disadvantage by definition, so you have to pick which downsides your best at mitigating. The upside of a revolver is really predictable recoil characteristics. If you practice enough you'll always be more accurate that an slide operated gun. If you practice enough.

Look up the video of a dude throwing one out of a helicopter

Only niggers carry around hammers for self defense.
Well them, and 1911 folks.

Would a paintball marker be good for home?

I already know Trump is not an advocate of gun rights. I know that because he's from Jew York. I was just curious if he really was on film saying that.

>Jew York
you are literally an enabling retard

I am 1911 folks.
I also know precisely zero niggers who like exposed hammer weapons. Niggers like hi point problem solvahs.

>enabling
Of what?

neo-nazism.

Are schnitzels good for lunch?

Oh, that. Yeah nah I'm not a racist but the remaining implications of my comment stand.

That Jewish people trigger you pretty hard? Yeah I noticed.

The main point of choosing a gun is picking the one you're 100% comfortable with.
If some dude in 2019 thought fit to carry an 18th century flintlock, it would be bizzare, but it's more of a liability than him begrudgingly carrying something he doesn't like, doesn't really understand how it works, and/or doesn't shoot his best with.
Revolvers, while obsolete for any average joe's defense, still work fine.

*for him to begrudgingly

So sensitive

*far ham too buttgurgling

Revolvers do jam my mothers colt detective got locked up just cycling the cylinder. I had to come to her house to fix it I managed to free it up by wiggling the cylinder back and forth while pulling back the hammer and trigger at the same time. Not saying it’s common but it happens

I have seen this first hand with a colt detective

Lol look at all you faggots arguing about guns

excellant choice, especially if it's going to sit for awhile. always fires

There are few better things to argue about, chap.

A whole thread dispelling this stupidity and you just have to come throw one line full of everything wrong in at the end. Christ.

Who the fuck seriously uses 10mm

you have 5-6, in some cases 8 chances to not fuck up

>6 rounds compared to a glock that can hold 30 rounds

i dont know op,you tell me.revolvers are great if you want to pretend your some brokeback mountain gay cowboy

>Just because you cant fucking hit a target you need 30 rounds
Lol fag

>wat is hyperbole

People who can't aim.

>Judge is a piece of shit that's only good for popping snakes
t. retard
federal premium 2 1/2in buckshot has 12 inches of penetration, 4inch spread at 7 yards
That's 4 9mm sized balls entering your chest at 900fps per pull of the trigger
Is it the be all end all gun? No. Does it do what it is marketed for, which is car/home defense? Absolutely WITH the right ammunition, and it also could be used as a decent "survival" gun. Bird shot for hunting, buckshot for bigger critters/defense and 45LC for when you need accuracy at a distance
>boxotruth
mega retard
that dumbass old boomer says 2 1/2 inch shells don't exist because he can't find them in his county. He doesn't even do real scientific tests.

ive always been told shotguns were good for HD.my only issue is the fact your fucked if you run out of shells because you have to load them 1 at a time and ive heard those magazines you can buy with shells in them are shit

looks fucking retarded

what does aiming have to do with the caliber being 10mm? if you cant aim,use a shotgun

If you want the best chance of surving a home intruder, always have a strap near you (I.E. next to your bed) and an AR of some sort. For the pistol have something like a glock, not to expensive and can hold a good amount of ammo, and any AR really

>home intruder

>AR

yeah,have fun with the 5.56 bullets going through every wall in your house and end up killing people because of it

Mag fed shotguns do exist, but the AR is so far superior that it doesnt matter.
850 fps and barely scraping the minimum for penetration is a poor standard and you know it. Stop being obtuse. Also birdshot out of a judge is so useless with its donut pattern.

An AR or a g19 with an extendo is leagues ahead of a judge. Post purchase rationalization.

>mag fed shotguns

i know,ive had this discussion before and i was told that the magazines are bad for shotguns and there was something about fucking up the shells

yee haw pardn'r! that's the finest handgun you'll ever find.

Attached: cowboy3.jpg (480x360, 26K)

either way,im more interested in ar 15's or glock's anyway

Rather then an AR, a CMR-30 would be a good alternative

maybe he is using a RAMSET, or a ww1 era rifle. you don't know. both would be terrible for defense, but whatever floats his boat i guess.

what the hell kinda weak load 5.56 round are you using that can't penetrate drywall?
gunsamerica.com/digest/ar-home-defense-clay-drywall-raw-meat-myth-busted/

G17 roni is the king. I don't trust rimfire.
Fiocchi VMAX. I use a 9mm roni for HD or my USP with 147 gold dots. Either way my house is solid pour block so it's not a concern for me.

He was describing a "clip fed handgun" as he called it.

Although a few handguns exist that can be loaded with a clip, they are still fed by the magazine; the magazine is loaded by the clip.

botach.com/caa-micro-roni-glock-pistol-carbine-conversion-kits/

but is it still 9mm? why should i get this when i can buy a draco or an ar 15 pistol instead

No but it should be enough to kill yourself once and for all

Noise, recoil, follow up shots, manuverability. The biggest concern for me is noise inside the house. I'm not trying to go deaf with a draco or an SB. But the draco and sbr ARs are still excellent choices.

kek fair

Obsolete =/= obsolescent .

lets just say this

if i wanted something thats like an ar 15 or an ak 47,but not as big as a full size ar 15 or an ak 47.would a sbr ar or draco be a better option

my only complaint about them was that tube they stick on the end of ar 15 pistols but ive seen some models that dont have that

Attached: arp-twm15-cmmg.jpg (684x384, 25K)