Which one is superior?

Which one is superior?

Attached: The-AK-47-vs.-the-M16-During-the-Vietnam-War-31.jpg (652x300, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
discord
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU
youtu.be/HiYJ_ZNJ_X8
youtu.be/IxRLaVJGWSQ
youtu.be/EwSJiAwoMpY
wideopenspaces.com/ultimate-ak-47-reliability-test-buried-sand-18-years/
discord/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ak

Ak platform

Attached: 3F17927F-07C4-4E37-8682-02AE59E84499.jpg (3072x6651, 1.94M)

yes

AK is more reliable and cheaper but it isn’t as customizable. At least not the standard model

AR is more accurate AK is indestructible

Also it is a commie’s gun. If you are American you will no longer be one if you get an AK.

m16 is better. M16 is easier to control fire when firing at full auto. m16 vs ak 1 verses the other m16 wins.

glorious AK always beats capitalist pig ARs

Attached: z8ccp3edgw221.jpg (552x414, 23K)

both are shit just use nukes

Attached: 1553263559021.jpg (1079x947, 488K)

Only niggers fire full auto

The one that's not a try hard .22

Only niggers use aks.

Throw both in the water and then try to shoot. AK will work and m16 will not. That's your answer. m16 it's just a pretty toy for a faggots with a fake teeth and fake everything.

AK, more damage and more accurate when bursting

Attached: 1523737347660.jpg (717x768, 109K)

Depends on what you're looking for. AK for the average soldier, AR for those who can afford more maintenance and need that extra bit of repeatability. But that's just my take on it.

AR

Attached: 531.jpg (582x534, 73K)

Niggers use anything they can steal

so you gonna be cool?

this

what do you want?
For trained soilders and high profile missions = AR's
Mass mobilisation = AK's

AK has more power but less accuracy
It’s a simple trade off

the STG 44 is superior in every way to both guns
first ever assault rifle
easy to control fire on full auto
responsible for teh deaths of many burgers and commies
cheap to produce
great mobility
aesthetically pleasing

Attached: eatshitcommiecapitalistclowns.jpg (500x369, 14K)

ar 15 has a flatter trajectory, and is lighter

the ar 15 is also much more reliable than the ak 47, tighter tolerances prevent debris from entering and jamming the action

direct impingement system also clears the ejection port of debris when firing

youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU

ak has more style in my mind

Attached: np99ibflkmk11.jpg (600x800, 77K)

not gonna disagree with you on that one, the AK is the most iconic and beautiful gun in my opinion but thats because its based on the STG 44

One ak-47 shot can take out two people from the shrapnel it makes.

cringe

As the owner of both, it's litterally apples to oranges

That being said, the AR platform is undeniably better in nearly every way

Dubs don't lie.

Alright you mother fucker. The ak 74 would like to speak with you

yeah they're very similar but the wooden details etc are more aesthetic in my view
is there any practical reason for wood btw?

>its based on the STG 44
Not this shit again. They both have banana mags, and that's because every mag is a fucking banana mag if you're using a necked cartridge and you have more than 20 or so. That's the extent of the resemblance.

>is there any practical reason for wood btw?
Too poor for plastic

cry more kapitalist

Attached: communist party.gif (500x362, 458K)

cheaper than steel, which was an absolute necessity during WW2 and post-war USSR as everything was in short supply, its also more comfortable to handle a gun with wood on its grips but other than that im not sure

Mechanically, the STG has more in common with the M1 Garand and SKS than it does with the AK.

Cry moar nazi-boo

AK:
-better reliability
-cheaper & faster to produce
-cheaper to maintain
-higher penetration
-more lethal ammunition

AR:
-better accuracy
-longer max range
-less recoil
-lighter ammunition
-more customizeable

VERDICT:
Each gun has their own strengths that make them better for different purposes. ARs are better hobby & hunting guns given their accuracy and customization options, but if i were in a highly dangerous situation like a gunfight or a survival situation, i'd want the AK for it's reliability and lethality.

your thinking of the Gewehr 43

Not /k/ here, what are the major differences?

Makes no difference. It is all up to the operator.

If it's a jungle ambush at 10m, you want the AK, on either side. If it's some kind of bizarre duel over open plains and treeless hills, AR. If there's sand, mud or ice, AK either way.

technically every assault rifle is based on the STG 44 anyway since that was the first proper assault rifle lol

discord
=|+|=|842|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6a

AR's closed system will actually outperform AK in disry conditions. both will fail once they get dirt in chamber. and AK is a lot more prone to that. there are videos on YT of tests.

besides, Ak has too heavy bullet for its powder charge. muzzle velocity is so low it needs adjustments for every 100m when you only start adjusting 5.65 guns after 300. ammo weights less, and higher speed projectile is more destructive to soft targets a.k.a your flesh.
If AK was anywhere as good as some think, USa would have already stole/bought the design or develop something really close to it. after all, they fought most wars and rely a lot on military equipment

>le AR doesn't work in sand and mud meme

Try again retard
youtu.be/YAneTFiz5WU

iirc, they did the same test with an AK, and it failed miserably

>Because carting a wheelbarrow of shit out to the middle of the desert and pasting your receiver is akin to living in mud for weeks and relying on the weapon to operate to survive
The internet is making us dumber.

>If AK was anywhere as good as some think, USa would have already stole/bought the design or develop something really close to it. after all, they fought most wars and rely a lot on military equipment
Yeah that's not how the US Army Ordnance Corps worked at all.

How often can I get to an armourer / gunsmith? If it's monthly I take the AR, if it's never I take the AK.

>easy to control
Not as easy as 5.56
>cheap to produce
Not as cheat as stamped AKs
>great mobility
It's the heaviest of the 3

modern rifles that use that ammo? nope but for a rifle like this back then it was easy to control because it had a lower rate of fire at full auto that american and soviet weapons

it was for its time and what it was very cheap to produce

it was a very slim rifle, much slimer that any other assault rifle so that makes up for its weight, plus that wasnt much of a problem for the elite german units that used it

Kek

>AK is more reliable
How to spot someone who’d doesnt actually know shit about guns

Depends on what conditions you are talking about.
If you are talking mag dumps the gas tube on the AR will blow out while the AK is still running.
If you are talking mud the AR is less likely to jam.
If you are talking about keeping a gun running for decades without maintenance the AK wins.

The ak, more reliable, better ammo, easy repair, good mid range. Just cheap reliablr gun. The Ar/M4 is good but jams allot and bullets are kinda smaller. So...

lol get the strap

Let's not forget the versatility of the AR platform. In leterally seconds, I can swap my upper, and all of a sudden I'm shooting 458 socom.

To speak to the point of being lethal, 5.56 offers a different type of advantage. If you get shot, you may not die, but you're probably out of the battle, and it may take one or two others out of the battle to drag you to safety. That is powerful in terms of winning a firefight.

>The Ar/M4 is good but jams allot and bullets are kinda smaller. So...

call of duty weapons master spotted

Depends on how its built/maintained. Both are very fun to shoot but there are different quality teirs and an ar platform does require a tad more maintenance.

>you may not die, but you're probably out of the battle
I read a lot of military memoirs and watch a lot of interviews with vets, you would be surprised how many guys don't realise they are hit until the fighting dies down.
On a long march having wounded is a huge logistical issue but given motorised infantry is the norm these days I don't think wounding matters that much anymore.

If you clean it a couple times a year then an AR. If you are a nigger then an AK.

The AK47, like the T-34 tank and the MIG 21 jet show the genius of soviet engineering. Uncomplicated design, cheap to mass produce, simple enough for poorly trained peasants to use proficiently. Pretty fucking amazing when you think about it.

Attached: SLAVS.png (470x428, 250K)

>AR is more accurate AK is indestructible

Debatable. The AK is not really indestructible. It can take abuse more and this is very dependent on the quality of the parts and whether or not its a milled or stamped receiver.

It would certainly depend on the situation, and no two battles are the same. Also a part of why I mentioned to change calibur so easily. ARs are getting so light these days, it's not much of a burden to carry more than one upper in your gear.

M16

but since you'll never be able to own it,ar 15.ak 47's are cheap and inferior,thats why muslims in 3rd world country's use them

>the STG 44 is superior in every way to both guns
>first ever assault rifle
>easy to control fire on full auto
>responsible for teh deaths of many burgers and commies
>cheap to produce
>great mobility
>aesthetically pleasing

Stamped parts suck ass. Sorry Germany

>Makes no difference. It is all up to the operator.

/thread

either way,is there really any disadvantage of picking an ak 47 over an ar 15

i kind of like the look of black ak 47's better then ar 15's

Attached: black 47.jpg (1024x768, 185K)

ak doesnt get broken

2 uppers means 2 ammo types and assuming interchangeable magazines you still need to carry a couple of boxes of a secondary ammo.

Personally I think a telescopic / caseless ~6.5 will replace 5.56 in NATO within a decade or two. Same weight with better reach, penetration and wounding.

M16
>shit doesnt get into receiver as easy
>way easier to slap on optics grips n shit
>once dirt gets into receiver, its gonna fuck up
>once dirt gets in the locking lugs, youre fucked

AK
>slavshit
>heavier ammo
>shit gets way easier into the receiver
>receiver doesnt care about dirt
>if you get shit into the boltface/locking lug its fast and easy to clean
>if you get a shitload of dirt into the locking lugs, its easy as fuck and fast as fuck to clean

Thats how i view em personally, its harder to get shit into the AR receiver but its also not fast to clean if you get shit into the locking lugs, whereas cleaning an ak receiver regardless how much shit there is in the receiver and locking lugs, its way way easier and faster to get the shit out.

And yes i am biased, i carried the best AK variant in the world for a year, the RK.

For range, AR, but when it comes to yeeting the soviets, AK all the way

Attached: 1548350042713.jpg (720x703, 42K)

In the case of 5.56 and 458, standard magazines will work for both. However you're limited to a capacity of 10 for 458. Either way, each has its purpose, and I main point is that you can have 5 guys all shooting 5 different "guns", but all with the same lower. To me, that seems more practical than a fixed calibur AK.

HK416

Oh and i forgot, ARs fucking hate arctic conditions.
Take an ar 15 to -30c, spend a day in the snow with it while crawling and doing cartwheels and backflips while operating, take the gun into the "warm" tent and next morning take it outside, and the fucking thing has a really big chance of being jammed to shit.
Whereas with ak you just need to slam the bolt open against a tree or with your boot and its operating again.
But if you get ice in the chamber, every fucking gun in the existence will jam

Attached: terry-a-davis-gif-2.gif (480x270, 1.76M)

> the ak is more beautiful and better

Imagine having shit taste.

Attached: GS-7.jpg (735x530, 82K)

yeah 6.5mm has way superior ballistics to 5.56 but its not gonna replace fucking anything just for the sake of cost.
Like, why would you replace all your fucking guns just to get better ballistics while the effect in military strenght that gives you is very VERY small.
Artillery is what kills people in full blown conventional warfare, so you could invest the tens of millions of dosh to switch your service rifles caliber, including the changes in the production line tooling to make said guns and ammo.
OR will you invest the money on the stuff that is actually doing most of the kills on modern conventional battlefield?
And no, middle east isnt conventional, ukraine is closer to that, and so is syria.
Now if Hague Conventon wouldnt state shit like no exploding infantry rifle boooolets we could argue that investing in specialized bullets would be worth the cost.

FUCK IF WE DIDNT HAVE HAGUE WED HAVE W40K BOLTERS ALREADY ASDKU6BRCSAFVTYKUNHZJLBMKCY,.HGJ-ÖLMIMHOGFJ86RDHRTUXHDGBMCM NLDIJÖUBMFOCP8,N69JIO8YKIL,.,HM.K B5VURHTJGN GAY NIGGER ASSOCIATION OF MEXICO

Attached: 1551136602686.gif (339x192, 372K)

>hurr durr commie gun

>me love america,me elect president who sucks chinese and israeli dick.america first! hurr durr

youtu.be/HiYJ_ZNJ_X8

Hans, get the flammenwurfer

also,id like to remind you that after 8 years of dipshits like yourself fear mongering everyone into thinking obama was going to take your guns.it took a republican(yes republican)president less then 4 years to pass 2 gun control laws.you only pretend to support gun rights

the mig 21 got fugd by an f-16

Mig 21 needed to change its engine after one flight faggot.

Attached: 1552774466316.jpg (325x325, 10K)

>but its not gonna replace fucking anything just for the sake of cost
That is why I think it'll take 10 to 20 years, right now NATO is running both 5.56 and 7.62 and is paying a small fortune to produce M855A1. Another pro of changing cartridge is you can switch to RDX propellant reducing the logistics of production as RDX is also used in just about all military explosives. Also it should offer level 4 penetration.

I agree small arms don't mean much in a total war but we have only need fighting limited wars since ww2 and have spent the last 20 years fighting in cities where arty is really bad PR.

*only BEEN fighting limited wars since ww2

AK every time, Ak can shoot that Russian steel case crap forever and run perfect, AR runs a couple hundred rounds and its pussy insides get tore up

Customizable is for hobby fags treating a rifle like a hobby lobby project

I agree that replacing existing weapons would be expensive, but wouldn't it be a good idea to start producing and stockpiling newer weapons? Switching to new weapons doesn't mean you need to give everyone new guns instantly.

Full auto is for cover and suppressive fire, not for precision

The MIG 21 was first built in 1956. The F-16 in 1974. Try to not be so dumb.

agreed. I'm gonna carry 4 optics, 2 uppers, 2 diff calibers ammo for my issue weapon...this is a plan for a fucking gun collector, not a soldier.

The MIG 21 is the most produced fighter jet. MIG 21 buffalos are still used by some nations for defense.

Doesn't change the fact that it sucks big fat donkey dicks tho.

Attached: 1552822547474.jpg (230x242, 23K)

The f4 was built in the same era and it could eradicate its ass

Attached: 6e96d5591436cc3047272cc139d22eaa.png (500x377, 178K)

Replacing 7.62x51 i would consider conventional and cheap compared to 5.56, but rechambering every service rifle with 6.5mm wouldnt be.
Caseless ammo is still kinda experimental, g11 almost nailed it but it was shut down for cost alone, steyer ACR also did it well but the FLE ammo had extremely terrible shit tier ballistics in flesh, making almost no wound canal compared to being impaled by a thin 1.5mm rod.
Lsat has the shit down in my eyes tho, when you can reduce the weight of ammo to like 50% for OPEN BOLT guns i can see the absolute benefit. Like here we got 7.62x39 7.62x51 and 7.62x54r LMGs for infantry and the fucking ammo is heavy. just try and carry a fuckload of that ammo we use INSTEAD of caseless ammo. In closed bolt caseless has some major fucking problems as they withnessed with early G11 models where the guns went full auto even if you didnt touch the trigger because of cookoff.
Oh and for the steyr acr, terrible projectile that "didnt kill people well enough" and if you had a shit ammo malfunction you had to disassemble the gun.
holy dogfuck im drunk, im gonna go back to sauna

Attached: 5d5.jpg (960x604, 69K)

They'll both be illegal soon

Lotta F4s were knocked down by MIG 21s in vietnam. Don't get me wrong, MIG 21s had many flaws. But the original was basically a pilot sitting on a jet engine mounted to a barn door. Pretty fucking amazing how effective it was.

no u

I prefer the AK platform, but it’s like comparing apples and oranges, you can’t.

ma peniz

Quite the Opposite actually...

North Vietnam lost 150 – 200 aircraft and helicopters.

AK

Attached: 1552664930588.png (1080x1321, 1.35M)

I love my Russian Izhmashes, and Serbian Zastavas.
100% Murica - everyplace else is a shithole.

The US lost 445 F4 Phantoms during Vietnam.

The modern M-16 isn't full auto. Hasn't been since the 1980's. It's maximum rate is a 3 round burst.

Yeah well if you take in consideration that 100 planes is the entire northern vietnamese airforce, than it isn't weird that the US lost more planes. knobhead

Attached: v32cdps3yeqy.png (1178x952, 1.31M)

Its fun to pull numbers out of your ass.

It is fun to fuck your mother in the ass.

Attached: 6fd.jpg (1136x640, 147K)

My mother is 81 and had a stroke. Sad you can't do better.

Still had fun fucking her corpse

Attached: 287286.png (1474x1248, 1.14M)

Sure kid. Have you finished your social studies homework yet?

You are the one being cucked here faggot. Have you finished your gender studies yet kiddo

Attached: 1552325866821.jpg (250x237, 8K)

no u

Am I the only guy who wants accuracy? Besides a saddlemout how can you effectively mouth a optic on a ak 47.

Stay mad bro

Attached: 1552052228028.jpg (598x465, 187K)

With conversion kits to replace the handle and all you can, and for accuracy, the Vz-58 and its variants does wonders

I have a Saiga AK variant with a 22 inch barrel and a scope chambered in .223. Only cost about $250.00 new.

why inflict the pain of chambering your ak in .223, it wasn't designed for this caliber

For increased accuracy and cheaper ammo. The 762 flexes the whole frame n slo mo. One of the reasons ARs more accurate.

Idk man it's hard to picture any ak outshooting my dd mk12 at any distance. I have sub moa with just factory ammo I ran 75gr bthp with varget pushing them and it's a joke. The ak is way past its prime. But it is a fat chick even if you fuck one it's still not gay but you dont brag

>hurr durr M16s are reliable
Sudoku yourself.

Well, it's half as accurate, in other words you'll miss by a few inch at maximum practical range.
That indeed doesn't matter much.

F-4 was a heavy fighter though.
Much more expensive, so you have to score like 3:1

3moa at 200yards is 6 inches, human head 8in acrossed 4inch from center. chance of complete miss pretty high you always assume moa from center to outside of target window For human error purposes

Exactly.
Of course the Ak will waste ammo, but it's cheap and neither are sniper rifles where you go for single-bullet kills at extreme ranges.

An AR 15 derived rifle will do better with proper optics than an AK, though.
With iron sights they are close enough.

Still better tho.

Also this:

youtu.be/IxRLaVJGWSQ

200 is not that far and it's not about wasting ammo it's about hitting a target before retreat and escape and ambush.

Sorry dont we dont live in a close enough world. Ak's are amazing for what they are and how they get made and for how cheap they got made. But for someone to pick a ak over a armor lite model 15 they play to many video games and watch to many movies

If shit ever hits the fan, I'm going AK. More rugged, durable, with less maintenance and will fire anything you put in it. Sure the AR is more accurate, customizable, and cheaper but it means shit when it jams because it doesn't like the ammo you give it, it's too cold, it's wet, or the fact that you forgot to maintain it. None of those worries with an AK. T.- a dude who owns both.

Attached: 13f.jpg (586x798, 144K)

Sorry I went full retard

Attached: 1552537743534.jpg (570x587, 43K)

Oh and a AK torture test. Goes through almost 900 rounds then it catches fire. I don't think any AR can do that. youtu.be/EwSJiAwoMpY

wideopenspaces.com/ultimate-ak-47-reliability-test-buried-sand-18-years/

When the fuck are you going to need to fire 900 rounds in quick succession like this?

which ever one you have in your hand is superior. They both good enough.

When a horde of antifa scum and commies is coming your way.

Attached: 1551896777747.jpg (640x396, 23K)

It depends on the model, too.
The original AK 47 with a machined receiver was more accurate than later revisions.

When a hoard of capitalist pigs come after you.

Nevermind the fact he's holding it by the magazine.
You are NOT supposed to do that.

The Republican passed gun control paws that make sense. Obama pushed laws about shit they didn't even understand.

Oh and I have an AK and AR and love em both but the ak is not a finicky bitch like ARs can be

discord/
=|+|=|912|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Eventually he has to because it gets too hot.