Give me one reason why I shouldnt enlist for the air force or ill do it

give me one reason why I shouldnt enlist for the air force or ill do it

Attached: 103791628-GettyImages-546918386.530x298.jpg (530x298, 35K)

Just tell your parents you're gay dude, you just admitted it to the board.

Having to tell your parents that your're gay.

Only branch that gets respect is the Army.

weed

how comes that meme?

what job did they offer u

Watch me now.

Attached: 1552683377327s.jpg (250x250, 10K)

And check em

Attached: 1552683394712s.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Talk about being gay...

Be me. Have trillions of alternate endings. Want to choose a path like in a katawa shojo thread. Notordonotairforce.jpg

You could fall and hurt yourself.

transport pilot cadet on a400m/transall. need to sign for 16 years to do it

6 year SSgt here, just tested for Tech a few weeks ago.

Don’t enlist unless you’re 100% sure. I’m likely getting out at 7 years. I just extended a year, but my leadership is extremely toxic and I miss being a civilian. Honestly the Air Force has done a lot for me, but it’s also made me fucking depressed man. I’m on Lexapro right now just to cope with coming to work everyday.

We are in a time/branch that is extremely political. It’s not about being good at your job right now in most units. It’s about being a complete kiss ass spineless cuck. I never wanted to believe it as an Airman with firewall 5 ratings and a promote now EPR. Now I see the truth.

I run the show for two shitbag TSgts in my office and they are some of the worst NCOs I’ve ever seen.

That being said my career hasn’t been all bad and plenty of people do 20. I just don’t think I can take it much longer user. Whatever you choose good luck.

goddamn I'm old. I always feel like my military experience is somehow relevant but then think damn, sadly it's not.

I wasn't Air force, I was Army and think to myself you've been in for 6 years and even if you got in around 2013 that was still like 7 years after I got out in 2006. Makes me sad to hear stories like that. My experience in the military was hard but abilities got you somewhere I guess because the war was in full effect.

US Chair Force?? Was in, I can tell you this. It's a military without a purpose. Oh sure the fighter pilots and a few others actually do something militarily, but everyone else is just wasting time and spending money.

If you're tall, thin and good looking you can bet on an easy life in the Chair Force, but if your not anything you do is wrong, and anything wrong one of the empowered does is also your fault.

Thank you for your comment. What is your job exactly?

Yeah man. I’m really not trying to come off as a pessimist. My first base was Kunsan AB (Korea) and it was tough (high ops tempo+lots of work) but I made it out a great Airman with lots of hope and ambition.

I’ve been at Barksdale AFB (Louisiana) since Nov 2014 and I’ve been in the same office all those years. I keep getting promised I’ll be moved (we’re supposed to PCA every 2-3 years) but all I’ve done is play musical chairs. Sure I’m in charge of my section now, but my bosses are just lazy pieces of shit that dump all their work on my desk and roll out at 1600.

It’s really rough on the morale man. I was told all year I’m the go-to guy, the top performer, a shoo-in. I got my Enlisted Performance Report (EPR) back last Friday and got a Promote (3/5).

It’s really shaken up my perspective. I feel like nothing I did mattered at all.

Maintainer or security?

2R1X1, Maintenance Management (Scheduler)

It’s an Admin job.

I mean like what you are actually doing every day. Like boring office work?

Because you'll get promoted faster in the army

The Air Force uniforms are super gay. I know they're transitioning to the newer Army uniforms, but the rank and colorful patches makes even those look gay.

I was stationed at Camp Casey in Korea for a year. Went down to Camp Sears a couple times. Not sure if you know any of them bases.

>but my bosses are just lazy pieces of shit that dump all their work on my desk and roll out at 1600.

damn. I really would imagine that's how it is in non combat arms environments regardless of branch. I imagine even Army is like that. I was combat arms and none of us got off on time but of it and we understood that.

Shit, even in civilian world I imagine shit like that goes on. My advice is strongly re-think what you've invested in the Air Force and maybe try and figure out a way to continue because you may run into that kind of shit in the civilian world also. I never work my ass off in the hopes of getting promoted. I work my ass off to make myself feel good and do my job.

Active Army here but I work a joint mission. Air Force has it chill as far as branches go. No early morning PT. usually the smartest branch along with Navy. All branches have toxic leadership. I joined later in life so I don’t mind the BS. It is kind of comical. Take advantage of free education while you are in. Save your GI bill. I love Military life. Be 100% sure you want in though.

Attached: D0F3760D-7680-4622-BD37-3EAFF2753481.jpg (522x720, 49K)

Army Vs Airforce:
Each branch of service gets a certain amount of money to spend on stuff.
In the Army they spend a lot on pay but not nearly as much on facilities. (you'll make rank faster, but the bases suck balls.)
Air Force spends more on morale and facilities but you make rank s-l-o-w-l-y. (Bases are nice with better services, but pay sucks.)

Most people don't get to choose where they are assigned so what services the base offers can make a huge difference if you're not near a metropolitan area. On the other hand cash is nice too, but in the Army you can expect to deploy more often. Sometimes they'll deploy you just a few miles away, just so you get to keep the 'Army experience' alive by sleeping in a tent and not having any time off for a few weeks at a time.

>Be 100% sure you want in though.

This is pretty true. War may start soon with China/Russia shit. You never know but if it does don't be one of them guys who tries to get kicked out because you don't want to die when you get called to do your job. Things get real fast.

POUGE

The A400M is so badass...