Got diagnosed with Schizophrenia. How long before I start hearing the voices?

Got diagnosed with Schizophrenia. How long before I start hearing the voices?

Attached: 1544737488845.jpg (773x645, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_vibration_syndrome
youtube.com/watch?v=FzoXQKumgCw
youtube.com/watch?v=9G4fUeuAfGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

depends on which type of schizophrenic you are

You're already hearing them

Never. Tell your shrink to go fuck himself (but only do that in your head) and get on with your life. Everything is going to shit anyway.

You can start anytime you'd like.

this

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia vs schizoid personality disorder and I do not hear any voices. I'm just a normal guy actually.
It's really weird, man.

Hey user...psst over here lad...we don't exist and you're only make us up.

Attached: 1552774101780.png (711x389, 201K)

how long have you been diagnosed

3 years ago.

Oops.
Was diagnosed in May of 2016.

are you taking antipsychotics

If you are already diagnosed and you aren't suffering from them, then never..

Its rarely a progressive issue unless its heavily drug or environment induced and you do literally zero things to try fix that.

Take your fake edge elsewhere kid, it's only Hollywood movies that make mental ilness cool.

it depends user. not every form of schizophrenia has voices. for someone to be diagnosed with a mental illness, they have to fit X amount of the symptoms on the DSM or something like that. It's never something as simple and specific as "user is sneezing so he must have a cold".

pic related

Attached: DSM-5 schizophrenia.png (917x1435, 119K)

No.
Did take it a few times, but it almost put me in cardiac arrest.
I did some research and I'm in the clear about it giving you side effects.
It takes two weeks for it to change your brain forever.

Attached: 1550952910644.gif (500x364, 1.49M)

Dunno, but I hope all the voices you hear are of the african persuasion.

You wouldn't be diagnosed with it if you didn't hear voices. It takes a long time to get a doctors diagnosis.

I know because I am one and I was hallucinating violently.

from my experience once it kicks in you will no longer be aware enough to know your schizo

i have tactile hallcuinations instead of audiotry

This website isn’t real. You are hallucinating us

>diagnosed

seek alternative diagnosis.

I have been on them for 4 weeks I still hear voices I am not schizo I just have severe ptsd

Just take the meds. You might have to switch a few times before finding one that works well

Ah. Me too. What do you feel? Have you thought seriously about removing the skin on your face yet?

>I start hearing the voices?
You already did, the doctor isn't real.

What med put you into cardiac arrest?

They usually start happening 5-7 hours after being diagnosed

tickling and prickles they dont really bother me that much

Attached: FAC378E3-25CE-4654-98B0-CA60E13DBAB6.jpg (256x256, 53K)

>forever
technically yes but more generally the longer you take them the lighter your brain gets (shrinkage)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_vibration_syndrome

You ever mess around with RCs?

I was diagnosed major depression with psychosis eventually. I see/hear/feel things and I have complex memories that will fabricate themselves as I live my life.

Avoid Clozapine. The side effects and risks are major. They gave it to me after only trying one other medication, as a favor, but I really wish I had tried less severe drugs before this one.

I still don't believe you're diagnosed.

Forgot the name, it was a white pill.
It began with letter R.
It just made my heart race like if I was tripping on some dank weed.

yea well i ended up going to the hospital because I thought I was God and went to see a clinical psychologist and they said I had schizophrenia

respiridone? no clue how to spell it...i thought that was pretty light

What made you think you were God?

you may never hear voices at all. its going to be something you don't expect that will trigger your symptoms, not something expected.

I'm schizoeffective and I don't hear voices. I do talk to myself more than most people do though.

Mental health nurse. I'm calling bullshit on you. LARPing twat. Before a diagnosis the psychiatrist would have gone through tons of things and explained whats going on.

i was noticing coincidences everywhere
doc called them 'ideas/delusions of reference'

Yeah, that.
It was a large pill (dosage) then they gave me a smaller dose.
I'm supposed to be dead cause it lasted all night.

I have a schizo friend that didn't tell me he was. Only realized when he was gettin weird as shit when he supposedly stopped taking his medicine.

well you can read the thread

In the UK the safeguards around Clozapine are very strong. It's a serious drug for serious circumstances. It works though. I don't think theres any more risk than any other drug. Mental health nurse.

Don't smoke cannabis for the rest of your life.

Except I get blood tests every month to make sure my white cell count hasn't plumited. Also I drool. Also I'm horribly addicted (maybe not a bad thing but it's 100% impossible to swtich drugs, I've tried) and I've gained 110 lbs

I’m no doctor so cautiously read. I suggest you study mathematics and natural sciences. This may not cure your illness but, it will definitely keep you based in reality. Remember, 1+1=2; not 1500.

Stay rational and use logic at all times.

Attached: 7227F087-40AE-459D-9505-48FD6DFBF0DB.png (495x351, 135K)

Your advice is perfectly reasonable until the last bit. Why the aggression?

What did he do that made him weird?

Clinical Psychologist is not a Psychiatrist. They can't diagnose. To diagnose schizophrenia is a long process. In my experience a hospital stay is usually needed. Some people get diagnosed without that but not many. Normally takes a team before such an enormous label is given. Fuck me user, it's a fucking life sentence that will have serious implications on many aspects of your life.

I am schizo and I think I prefer this to depression or diabetes.

I also went to a psychiatrist he diagnosed me schizo also he put me on antipsychotics and the tactile hallucinations went away but I recently stopped taking them and the tactile hallucinations came back

How can you get a diagnosis when psychology is a vague, made up science based on nothing? Don't take any drugs and study the history of psychology instead

Try qwells for the drooling. I also believe Witch Hazel is effective. Ask your Clozapine nurse. Anti psychotics can make you pile weight on. You have my sympathy.

I'm also fast becoming an alcoholic.

Smoke cannabis daily. It helped me.

You should start smoking a ton of weed
That will get the voices going

Don't listen to the knuckle draggers. There IS a pattern to some of the this that's going on here. There IS a deep web society. The world IS ruled by a NWO, they're just not who commoners think they are.

Like duh. Life sentence user. If you continue to fuck about taking meds, you'll fuck yourself up. Take the meds and life is v liveable. Formication can be horrible. I hope you ain't got that. At least you respond to meds. That's a major good thing.

FFS tell your nurse. What do you talk about to them? Your liver is getting pummeled by the Clozapine and then you're pouring tons on alcohol on it! Seek help. Your nurse will be able to help. Sounds like you are aware of things. That's good.

i have a dysfunctional personality disorder in psycopathic realm... but i kinda like it

The voices will tell you

I see a psych on a regular. I'm on really good terms with my family Doc who has been helping me though it. He says my liver is slightly damaged. I know I should stop if only because of the mega dose of carbs 3 times a week.

Attached: 1551468399956.jpg (231x218, 8K)

much better than depression, i swear

I believe it. My gf was major bipolar. I've seen some shit but I've never known to not think the world wasn't real.

Schizophrenia varies.
And you didn't get diagnosed unless youve already got it.
Sure you aren't just delusional? Paranoid? Is the government trying to get you?

That's good. Seeking help. We all need to do it at some point. Good luck user.

In the UK do you only see a nurse? I have a genuine psychiatrist at my disposal.

you'll see the real truth anone, let world knows what u notice

At least you have friends now OP

Attached: download.jpg (300x300, 20K)

I do still continously suffer from one 'delusion' that I believe. I don't think the government is trying to get me , but for like 5 months I thought I was getting stalked and I feel tactile hallucinations

Bullshit on here about schizophrenia is better than depression. Schizophrenia has a positive and negative axis. The negative side can have depressive symptoms the like of which you can't imagine. Depression is major shit too. What's better burning to death in a field of corn or burning to death in a field of wheat? Theyre both shit!

that's what I was hoping for. but i dont hear any voices

An experienced nurse. A consultant psychiatrist is only a phone call away. The medic will be about. The day to day stuff is done by nurses.

Then tell whoever diagnosed you to suck a caterpillar dick. Go out and find real friends and live your life. Why did he diagnose you anyway? What did you tell him was going on

Attached: Whydidyouhaveacamerainyourhandwhen_d00e38918f91bd4f8bb8232d9597eb12.png (432x576, 81K)

There's your answer.
The symptoms vary a lot. You don't have to hear voices or have visual hallucinations to be schizophrenic.

What are you on about, broseph?
Corn and wheat fields?
Shit man you are making want to play some RDR2 right about now. :^)

thought I was God, thought I was being stalked, tactile hallucinations, i kept noticing 'coincidences' and i had racing thoughts

dude youre basically me, but the being stalked thing actually happened

>Doesn't know what schizophrenia is
>Advices others doctors are wrong.

You are just the worst kind of people, you know that?

how did you end up at the shrinks? and how old were they?

Did it, tho? Describe it for me.

You smoke pot, don't you OP?

never smoked pot before

was hospitalized
my docs are pretty old probably in their 50s

Attached: download (1).jpg (205x245, 8K)

youtube.com/watch?v=FzoXQKumgCw

youtube.com/watch?v=9G4fUeuAfGo

>795476338

Attached: pooh.jpg (1024x882, 589K)

I wonder if CBD would help you. I know those who develop schizophrenia due to the THC in marijuana apparently can be cured by taking CBD instead.

OH GOD ITS ALL REAL I HAVE TO GOUGE MY EYES OUT NOW

>onion

How did Tors and all this wannabe deepweb bullshit get popular enough to be confused with the real shit?

>Cured
So many myths to unpack here..
Schizophrenia is genetic, THC does not cause schizophrenia. If you were already prone THC can trigger it but really you're only bringing it out sooner. It was on its way anyway.

CBD has anti psychotic effects. It will not cure anything, however it can suppress psychotic symptoms. But so can pharmaceuticals. And things like lithium, for example, do a much better job.

what? The onion was created in 1988. TOR came out decades later. You're obviously very young to not know this.

I agree with this post completely. I'm OP.

>THC does not cause schizophrenia.
Actually 10 or so years ago they published that THC does indeed cause pre-disposed people to break down in symptoms of schizophrenia

Yea Forums doesn't exist. This is how they manifests.

No, I just don't fuck with either of those.

>doesn't fuck with satire magazine/video content

ok tough guy

Getting your neetbux? SSI friend.

??How am I trying to be tough by saying I don't fuck with that stuff?

Attached: dumbass.jpg (480x360, 19K)

I was for 6 years but now I have a job

Don't stress too much, don't miss taking pills and you will be alright

can you elaborate? what actually happened?

You make it sound like you're a badass. When you use "fuck" in the context of TOR onion router which is associated with 'the dark web' and a simple popular satire magazine, looks ridiculous.

You did not read my post.

I did not

lol

this stupid cunt bitch was stalking me

Don't give up hope. At least try to get help.

are you sure?

No worries lol

yeah i have evidence

That's not how schizophrenia works

how does it work then i thought it progressively gets worse

So ... somehow in your little brain, you made the jump
>looks ridiculous
>trying to be a tough guy

Attached: download (3).jpg (259x194, 7K)

not him but idk. i certainly havent gained any symptoms since being on the meds

It looks ridiculous that you're trying to be a tough guy.

God damn you're obviously an aspie.

Here is the way you should look at it. There are two paths, one in which you take the meds, one where you don't. Your symptoms will decrease or be eliminated with the medication but the underlying condition that you have will continue to progress. If for example when you were first diagnosed, without medication, you would have mild symptoms, now 5 or 10 years down the road, while you're fine on your medication, if you go off the medication one time, you could have severe symptoms. You could have severe symptoms not necessarily because of the medication withdrawal but because of whatever is causing your underlying condition has gotten worse.

Meds don't usually cure anything, just treat the symptoms.

Are you butthurt that I don't like your faggety little onion sites and TOR bullshit? Are you one of those fucktards that thinks that shit is underground deepweb stuff? You really are beyond image shaming. You're a dumbass.

that's a common delusion when you've been up on meth for four to five days....you think there is an "organization."

No such thing but I think the mind starts seeing connections in ways people are connected. We are connected with a psychic energy.

formication?

Shit man, schizophrenia more and more sounds like demonic possession. The shadow people have taken control.

Confess your sins, repent! And the demons will leave.

I'm not butthurt, don't give two shits either way. Just calling you out for being a fag.

This, Jesus

Yeah, when I go off my meds (at my request to start a different med that doesn't make me a total fatass) the symptoms are WAY worse then when i started. Like I can't even have a coherent though and shits just swirling around mt head.

Well, take your pills diligently and things should go alright.

Yeah, I'm gonna say like you. If you stop taking your meds, you will can have pretty big fits of paranoia which can end up with you continuing to stop taking your meds because you think that on your meds your mind gets clouded and controlled by "They" (which is basically the villain of the week, but in your mind).
Basically, if you stop taking your meds, you may go crazy and indulge in your madness.

Stay safe. Medical science has gone a long way. It's helping people with conditions like that to live life in a normal way.

Attached: Beware cute dog.png (900x1125, 1.79M)

I'm rewatching that rn.

what if you were prone to it but stayed away from smoking weed, and might've never developed it then.

How do you know "it was already on its way?" You don't know that. You can't know that. Even doctors don't know how soon "it would've came naturally."

is the evidence in your head?

kill yourself

no man i dont have any fucking evidence, the bitch stalked me and i deleted everything

im off my meds and now i feel okay

To me it seems like more and more as I grow older and wiser that these "mental illnesses" all seem to be one way or another similar to demonic possession ........ and the influx of these mental illnesses with the influx of people seeing a high insurgence of "shadow people" and demons in their homes is no accident imo.

A spiritually deficient lifestyle cause the condition of the soul to deteriorate. Sometimes even when good people keep bad company, those in their bad company who are possessed suck the good energy out of them.

okay in the sense that everything is fine with my head apart from the tactile hallucinations

lol, was just joking mate. really was just trying to make you laugh.

oh shut the fuck up, there's no such things as demons, its all brain chemistry

fuck you, die in a fucking ditch

what kind of hallucinations do you see and how do can you tell what's a hallucination and what's not?

Do you ever feel an evil presence around you or like something or someone is watching you from the back?

didn’t hear the voices until I gave my head a good banging. might wanna try it

Idk bro...in my early 20s I used to get these shadow people in my house that would "watch" me and I always felt something sinister behind me.

I prayed to God to cleanse my soul and guide me to the right way of living, started watching sermons, started praying a little more often and reading the Bible from time to time.

After that soon after the shadows disappeared and the feeling of someone watching me left too. I didn't feel like i had to always check behind me

I understand to some it's a far stretch, but to each his own and it worked for me. So yeah.

Well, that's a bit extreme.

just sensations in my head, like movement, i went in and they gave me a ct scan. there was nothing apart from a 3 cm cyst

whatever helps you sleep at night i guess

that and the constant berating thoughts i get, which seem to increase as the sensations do

Jesus loves you all.

If Jesus loved me why am I in Hell

I didn't imagine the shadows bro. There is a worldwide epidemic of them now. Google it.

The world is under attack. Worldwide demonic possession like never before. It's because of the evil ways in which we're living. Stealing, lying, sexual immorality.

What kind of thoughts?

Do you ever feel like an evil force is plotting against you or wants you dead, or like wants to harm you? I used to feel that.

yeah, i know about the shadows, my psychiatrists asks me about them. what if psychiatrists are working for the shadows?

Because either you or your parents have put you in an environment or lived in such a way that has predisposed you to suffer.

Change how you live and your spiritual condition and you will push away the evil from you.

And Jesus will meet you halfway, believe me. And when you're really trying, he will lift you up when you fall, believe me. He's done that for me.

nope, i know she wants me dead, thats why im gonna kill her first

You already have it. You should've heard them already.

The psychiatrists are not working for the shadows. The shadows are spiritual entities that we let close to us by living spiritually unwell lives.

The psychiatrists are just finally taking notice that there is a spiritual war going on while drawing the "scientific" conclusions for their patients that won't get them fired.

then why are the psychiatrists trying to kill me with those pills?

You can't kill a spiritual being. And if it's a family member who's possessed, it's not their fault. They are suffering as much as you.

Pray, brother, pray. But don't half ass it or fake it. You can fool yourself before you can fool God. Pray sincerely and he will meet you halfway.

how can you be sure that Yea Forums is real, or this comment.... Are you sure that anything is real ?

THAT'S A DREAM WAKE UP

They're just trying to fight the symptoms. That's it. That's what today's medicine, besides surgery, does best.

Hahaha yeah lmao

Attached: 4079874692.jpg (1866x1620, 192K)

That's what sucks about the medication. Eventually it won't work anymore because it never treats the underlying issue.

Soon...

we are the voices, user.

We are your voices, you never even posted this, its all in your head.

Attached: 1502016778990.jpg (460x459, 61K)

Is there any kind of therapy you can get or something? This is tragic.

haha definetely not posted for the millionth time in this thread haha!

yes im therapy now but mostly for social anxiety the schizophrenia diagnosis doesnt really bother me i still think its a mistake but the docs think im trying to run away from the diagnosis