How does one obtain a normal sleep schedule?

How does one obtain a normal sleep schedule?

NEAT of 8 months here needing to fix my sleep schedule. Fucked it up on vidya, and faping. I now sleep till 3 in the evening and fall asleep at 5 in the morning. Feel like shit all the time now because of it.

Attached: 98e5x4239wnx.png (684x576, 109K)

Lots of water, no caffeine, no processed sugars, and the willingness to just lie in bed for however long it takes until you sleep.

>3 in the evening

Its sad but true. This

I've got it worse. I can't sleep until 11 in the afternoon.

Get up at the time you want to start getting up, have one cup of coffee and don't take forever to drink it, don't drink anymore caffeine and be active throughout the day. Once bed time comes around, don't be on your cellphone/computer/watching TV. Takes like 60 days to form a habit, so keep at it and you'll be good after a while.

I'm currently in the process of fixing mine, one late night of work and now I gotta stay up all night and day to set it straight.

Attached: 0012.jpg (1424x1080, 250K)

Op here, you guys actually came through. It's nice to not get shitty replys. Thanks to all new and old.

Just fixed my sleep schedule (again.)

Whenever I mess it up I just power through and stay up all day and night until it's normal again.

all night and day*

this is a meme
i honestly cant sleep no matter how much i try and how long i lie there. and ive literally had days where i tried falling asleep for 8 hours until i had to get up again. it does not work. this is a meme ppl with normal sleep shedules will tell you but once you're completely out of it it does not anymore. your body literally doesnt produce the hormons needed to get tired if your sleep shedule is sufficiently fucked.
go and get melatonin pills. they actually work and then you can fall asleep within 15 minutes to an hour like a normal person. seems very safe in terms of sideeffects unlike the other solutions wich are mostly some chemical cocktails that blast you away.

use melatonin and drop the melatonin when you have a well-reinforced cycle.
For the mental side of things (because physical doesn't always take), go ahead and find something to do that makes you want/need (ideally need) to get up at your "early hour." As a marine that has to wake up fairly early (sometimes 0300, sometimes 0600, tons of variance), we consistently try to wake up at the earliest hour and find something to do to keep us going when we won't melatonin dope. Also use of stimulants can be helpful, but for myself I use PT (physical training) early morning when I'm barracksed (I'm a reservist but deploy twice yearly, pretty based life), and when I'm on civvy time I just sleep in on weekends, nap mid day, meditate or melatonin dope (sometimes 50, sometimes just 3mg, depends on how tired I want to be).
It's like quitting cigarettes/alcohol/etc. You have mental and physical aspects to handle. either replace your vice with something else, or eliminate it cold turkey and suffer. I prefer not to suffer when I don't get a direct growth based benefit (ie I can't just use working out to replace drinking or smoking, had to use fucking a lot since I got divorced and eventually just resorted to fapping or taking showers).
Also nofap doesn't work as well as you might think. Yes, your free testosterone relative to your base will be approaching normal levels, but raising your base is what you really want (why try and control more of the pie when you really just need a bigger pie?)
Any other questions I can answer about the Corps, or fitness, or law enforcement, or IT, or fitness/wellness/health? Would like to help you fix the whole NEET thing if you're interested.

Oh and the melatonin I use is OLLY's Restful Sleep gummies. I've tried pills but they don't release nearly as fast as I like (and I'm more of an "on-demand" drug user than scheduler, except for CoQ10 cause of my heart, adderall because of my ADHD and prevagen for short term memory enhancement, they've all given me a good benefit and I take the daily recommended dose, only upped the multi when I forget a day or the adderall when I'm under extreme emotional duress that working out, sex, and meditation doesn't do enough to help me).

Actually got contacted by a Marine recruiter the other day. My buddy just got back from boot camp, and says I'd like the Marines. I'm not against finding work or anything, but I feel like I need to sort out sleep first. I would be interested in knowing your most basic PT regiment though. I need to drop some pounds if I'm going to whip my fat NEET ass into shape. Would not say I'm a lost cause because I'm 18 and 220 pounds. I could definitely shape up to meet regulations with hard work and time.

How can I put down the bottle if I don't really want to?

>My buddy just got back from boot camp, and says I'd like the Marines.
lol he's just trying to make lance quick. But he's probably right. Negotiate the fuck out of your contract. Remember Q8 bonus, pick a good occfield/MOS if you want reservist (reservist is so much more control and the Corps is on your time, not the other way around. And that's the way you really want it. It's literally Yea Forums the job. with a heavy emphasis on /k/, Yea Forums, /pol/ and /fit/.
>I would be interested in knowing your most basic PT regiment though.
So you're a fatass that's willing to accept that and wants to fix it? Gotcha. Look at the PFT and CFT:
>pullups/pushups (do pullups if you can, do pushups if you'll do better with those at first)
>crunches
>run
>MUF (look it up it's complicated)
>1/2 mi dash
>ammo can lifts
Do these and you'll drop weight and build strength at the same time. Don't start at the PFT standard, start IST. But get there as fast as you possibly can.
>I want something concrete and exact
gotcha. do 3 1 mile runs a week, and one 3 mile. alternate between doing pushups and ammocan lifts every other day (2 sets of 100 each is reasonable at your level, believe it or not), and crunches almost every day.
To improve on your run time, do the following:
>do not change from running to walking, it's not the same
>tighten your core when your run
>open your stride and keep your arms moving, but don't be afraid to move your arms more outward, NEVER cross your arms over your chest when running
>google A skips, B skips, C skips, etc
>do sprints when you run, BEFORE you run
Also doing tricep lifts (put a dumbell inbetween your hands behind your back, lift it vertically up and lower it as far down as possible, bench presses, and the like will improve your upper body.
Lower body you need to do squats. A lot. Calf raisers, lunges. When they get easy, use weight (a heavy vest). Same with running, you'll get massive results this way.
Alternate between body sections and days.

see I'm retarded apparently.

Nigga can’t even spell neet right I’m neet of 3 years.

Kill me

Don't. Learn to live with your weakness if you really don't want to quit it. Eventually the shame will eat you enough inside to want to quit.
When you decide you need (or want) to stop, replace it with another vice like smoking, masturbating, doing weed (since you're a civvy), or having sex. Alternatively, use exercise and meditation. Works for me, but for few else.

Also I guess a hobby, spouse, involved career, or business would work too. But if you're a drunk you're also probably lazy, so the vice is the path of least immediate resistance. Doing something with your life is more annoying at first but easier with time. I'm lazy as fuck at heart, so understand I'm not saying that like I don't know what I'm talking about. Life's a whore. Either bite the bullet now or later.

I'll put your adive to use user. I'm going to fix my shit now. I can't live like a NEET forever.

Thanks, it seems that when I get sober and my shit together for short stretches that I do find more rewarding things, but then old habits die hard and I go back to square one. Guess I'll keep working at it.

The fact that you can accept where you're at is good. Just don't quit. And when you fuck up (cause everyone fucks up) keep this in mind: be better today than you were yesterday. You can always get back on track if you try. You can always get better if you keep it up. And you can reach what you want to be physically, mentally, and emotionally if you stay consistent. Yes, it sucks. And it doesn't stop sucking. Embrace that and get over it.
Good luck, make a thread in a year from today if you make it in the Corps, I'd love to meet you.

Hope you do well user. Post results.

you cant force yourself to sleep but you can force yourself up in the morning. and if you get up after one hour of sleep you will be tired in the evening. rinse and repeat untill its a habit.

Try getting a JOB. That'll fix it quick.