Can anyone explain addiction to me? Watching my brother destroy himself and I can't wrap my head around it...

Can anyone explain addiction to me? Watching my brother destroy himself and I can't wrap my head around it. I've used drugs extensively, do blow on the reg, so I have plenty of exposure, but even as he watches his shit crumble around him he still keeps throwing it all away.

Attached: 1551149830156.jpg (700x781, 93K)

bump

irs because of your mother and father and make sure you don't have a preconceived notion of him either, you don't have to tell me he is the black sleep of the family so no need to stigmatize the poor guy either

Wouldn't say preconceived. He's been in and out of prison his entire life and has largely made his own decisions. I feel like the "shitty childhood" excuse is expired at 35 years old, and I went through the same shit and didn't go down the same path.

Superhans will sort you out.

Attached: 79c40ff2-1579-45a1-ac78-09b8d0caba7b..gif (500x287, 564K)

Back to back dubs. noice.

Ahhh cork it, I know the story. He's the black sleep you guys simply looked the other way, admit it you and the rest of the family abandoned him emotionally years ago, it killed him, and now he's become a monster a self loathing monster, with a heavy heart "too late to go back" "what happened in the past cannot be changed" "move forward with a stiff upper lip" "We don't know what happened to him" but deep down you know.

If he's lucky he'll snap out of it he'll hit the bottom, someone told me once at my bottom that some people's bottom is death. That was two years ago but i am still here and expect to be here for at least world war three

Maybe he is committing slow suicide. Living fast and shitty, intentionally giving his life no meaning, forgetting as much as possible, sprinting toward the end.

Attached: woooooooosh.gif (245x337, 983K)

Eh some of what you say is true, sure, but where's the accountability? Dude has 2 kids with 1 on the way. At what point does he stop for the sake of that? Can't keep making excuses for that shit. Choice att he end of the day I reckon

Hmmm...who guessed it was him...?

Attached: 948kbz1kfhu4y2lkc227791253600.jpg (1516x1110, 122K)

oh yeah if kids are involved then he need to grow up or atleast get spiritual healing at an na meeting. I mean speaking for myself I would put a long halt on partying if I had kids and I consider myself a drug addict carl jung said the addition thing is a spiritual problem.

Yeah don't get me wrong, if he didn't have obligations as a husband and father it's really none of my business what he does, but fuck, if kids don't motivate him to stop I've no idea what will.

Very good conversation about drugs tbh guys I'm surprised by Yea Forums this morning.

yeah my mother was big in drugs got a small hand because of it, my own drug addiction also, she lost her kids because of it, by the time they have a moment of clarity and realize what they've done it's so late the children are already gone and you can't go back, can't live with the pain and set yourself into drug patterns that your body won't be able to work properly, it's a slow and painful process it took about 11 years for her to die from the slow suicide like the guy above me was talking about. Yup some people will head down that path i'm afraid I did still am i try to keep it to just weed

Get off your phone newfag

Maybe if you sucked his dick more he wouldnt be this wsy user

Maybe you made all the right choices and he made the wrong ones. It doesn't take much negative reinforcement to impact someone's psyche. If he's been in prison 99.9% he has ptsd from that
Not to mention he could've been a real sensitive kid so whatever shit happened in his past screwed him up real good.

i would laugh at most things but this is just distasteful

Newfag that's laughable. I've been here for three years. I am not a newfag or an oldfag.
Check it out.
I am an agingfag.
Believe that much.

Don't have to explain. Just know they're toxic shitbags and unless they go full clean for over a year and can hold their life together then don't waste any resources on them.

My sister is an addict, robbed me of all my stuff constantly breaking in and nearly cost me bankrupcy on the business I was trying to start; I've since recovered but abandoned the business. Complete scum of the earth.

Absolute pile of steaming shit, I've beaten the shit out of her before and would do it again if she came near my life again. Only stories I've heard in recent times is she's still alive, still in and out of prison and still a shitbag. Basically fuck her, fuck people like her and make sure they don't wreck your life or try to feed off it; fuck em. Look out for yourself man, take care.

Holy shit, that moment the meth hits your bloodstream.... Godly

When you do something that’s pleasurable it takes over your whole mind because that’s all that ever makes you feel good.. otherwise normal life feels like constant torture. The pleasure carries on for the first day of using as being a great feeling and everything worked out ok and the next day your whole brain is consumed with carrying on almost like how you can’t stop thinking about a girl you like, but things that seem irresponsible to other people have become normal over time to get the fix to you, so you start to forget what’s real or not. Then the days just go by and slowly things fall apart and you don’t even realise it and the worse things get the more embaressing it is to be who you are in public so you just think fuck it i might as well get high.

What's her name? Give us a state so we can look up some mugshots.