Hobby is it just a waste of time by definition as it is a way to pass the time...

Hobby is it just a waste of time by definition as it is a way to pass the time? Or in philosophical terms never a waste a time as long as you enjoy it?

Attached: 4639B452-B42E-4DD9-983F-B4D169F1B0E4.jpg (4032x3024, 1.92M)

Depends on the hobby.

Explain please

Are those flaming nipple chop chocolate chips?

It’s cake cuttings from pastries that are put into a mold and shaped into a cone, dipped in chocolate, after it hardens they get a bit of whipped cream and a piece of a cherry

It’s just something you do that keeps you happy and sane without the stress of deadlines or monetary value.

depends on what you consider isn't a waste
if having a good time is what's important for you, then it isn't

if you consider that only activities that give off a proffit of some kind aren't a waste, then also no, since a lot of hobbies can make you money eventually if you git gud at them

if we use the op picture as an example, i think baking or any type of cooking are some of the least 'waste-of-timey' hobbies tbh; it feeds you, people enjoy it, it's a useful skill and you can work at a restaurant or some shit

尺璧非寶

"A great jewel is no treasure."

Time is invaluable. With enough of it, anything is possible.

Hobbies exist because they are something that turns idle time into a use of your time. The only true waste of time is doing nothing at all.

The best hobbies are skill-based where continued investment yields greater reward over time. Things like your pic related, physical activities like hiking, competitive hobbies like video games or sports, and self-competition like shooting will always yield a tangible improvement as you spend more time with it. Even if you don't actually receive a physical reward for your effort, the satisfaction of improving is all one needs to effectively use their spare time. Humans require that feeling to avoid depression or apathy.

dont let anyone tell you that a hobby is a waste of time.
everyone only has between 0~80ish years on this floating ball of rock in a possibly infinite universe. You could die tomorrow, you could die 10 or 50 years from now.
Just do what you want and have fun.
You like to collect stamps and categorize them?
Awesome.
You like to go innawoods and try to identify birds?
Good on you.
You like to play vidya?
Sounds good man.

Just have fun and enjoy the time you have, rather than being one of those cucks that fucking spends all their time angry/depressed over some inane shit that ultimately doesn't matter like politics or celebrity break-ups or working 72h a week because he thinks more money = more happiness or whatever.

This.
For the love of God, stop obsessing over politics and celebrities.
Worst people ever.

life is a hobby , does anything we do matter?

I can at least understand why people flip out over politics. Those are parties and systems that make decisions that affect people’s lives, so I can understand why people get a little passionate over. Celebrities, on the other hand, I have no idea why. I understand liking athletes or musicians or artists for their talents, but not why people try to obsess about those people’s personal lives like they’re fuckin next door neighbors or something.

Existence is just something to pass the time.

If it don't make dollaz then it don't make sense...

i mean, honestly nothing matters. one day light and eventually matter itself will cease to exist as protons reach their half-life and start decaying.
so just do whatever, go camping with a best buddy and drink whisky all night.
tell the girl you love her. she says now? who cares. pick any one of the other 3.35 billion girls and repeat.
play that vidya you've always wanted to play
try that restaurant you've always wanted to try

Well that eliminates like 3/4 of this board, considering most of them are NEETs.

>be 80 years old on your death bed
>well, glad I worked 65 years so I could have all of this money for when I die!

Attached: 1542065548709.png (368x365, 412K)

nigger detected

Everything is a waste of time in that philosophy...
We all waste time until we die. Might as well enjoy it.

Attached: 1548966950084m.jpg (745x1024, 127K)