Hey Yea Forums...

Hey Yea Forums, what's the best way to cook popcorn in the microwave so that all of the kernals get popped and it doesn't get burnt? No retarded answers please.

Attached: popcorn.jpg (1800x1264, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JDCB3_k-RBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Buy decent quality popcorn, cheap shit like Pop Weaver never fully pops and burns easily.

Then it's trial and error. For instance my microwave takes 50 seconds for a half bag, and 1:31 for a full bag of Orville's, but the recommended times are like 1 and 2 minutes respectively. I'm normally only left with ~10 unpopped kernels.

That’s pretty f**king specific, user

Thankee kindly

Set it for like 4 minutes, but don't walk away. When you start to hear like a 5 to 10 second gap between pops stop the microwave.

~10 Kernals add 10 seconds and see what happens. I would try but likely not same microwave

Buy the better, more expensive shit. Then shake the bag upside down I've the trashcan, and shake the unpoped kernels out through the slit in the unopened end of the bag.
Enjoy

Sit on the bag.

I do that but over a bowl Incase any popcorn falls out so I can salvage it

heat it up with hot butter ice cream

youtube.com/watch?v=JDCB3_k-RBY

Good idea

Put the bag in and cook on power level 1 for 10 minutes. Best popcorn I've ever had in my life...even beats theater popcorn.

This except always stop at 5, 10 might burn

cook it on the stove and stop being a beta male

Nah, after the second 2-3 second gap is pretty much perfect. If you start waiting for long periods of time you're just going to burn the popcorn and you won't really pop any more duds, you'll just get a bag of black popcorn with some halfpops at the bottom.

Pop Secret Home Style.
Nuke it on high until there's 2 or 3 seconds between pops. (Do NOT rely on the popcorn button!).
Shake bag to spread buttery goodness.
Dump in warm, high sided bowl.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and onion powder.

Thanks for all the new ideas lads.

Attached: thumbsup.png (802x638, 565K)

dumbfuck. buy kernels and cook it in the stove. i'm blown away at how fucking stupid and lazy you people are. i literally never use a microwave. you know why? because microwave food tastes like shit. and i know you agree! you're just to lazy to do it the right way

Attached: 12334.jpg (269x187, 11K)

>microwave food tastes like shit
As a trained culinarian learn to use the fucking microwave. There's some amazing shit you can do with it and even a few things you can't do without out it because of how it works (using a microwave basically steams food from the inside out and there's no other way to do that)

i'll tell you exactly how many microwaves are found in all of the michelin rated restaurants in the world: 0. what's that tell you about how well they cook food? reading recipes on the internet doesn't make you a culinarian

>Hey Yea Forums
>No retarded answers please
pick one

Americans. What dumb cunts.

best way to cook popcorn:
>whirley pop
>1/2 cup of kernels
>light drizzle of canola oil not too much
>pop that shit
>while the popped kernels are still ripping hot put them in a metal bowl
>add salt, fresh pepper, olive oil, and most importantly- brewer's yeast
>toss and eat, faggot

the yeast adds a nutty, sweet taste to the kernels with a hint of beer

There are Michelin star chefs who advocate the use of the microwave because of its small space and great capabilities. Even Gordon Ramsay (who has 16 Michelin stars in total) uses a microwave. The problem is how people use it. Most people think its just for reheating food or making certain basic things (like popcorn) but they are still relatively new and controversial while starred restaurants (not just Michelin) have been around a long time and are judged by traditions more often than not. You can lose your best star by doing something as simple as removing mints from the bathroom so they fear having a microwave because people will just assume they are reheating old food instead of making it fresh.

People need to understand them better and until then they are vastly untapped potential in a kitchen.

Also feel like I should point out that just because literally the "best" in the world doesn't use doesn't means it's shit. Don't fall for that fallacy.

>hah they make full use of everything at their disposal instead of sticking to traditions because change is scary
>what dumbasses