Over rated movies

Over rated movies

Attached: casashitbla.jpg (440x660, 233K)

Attached: sagf_6.jpg (1920x1080, 175K)

Falling Down.
/pol/ loves to masturbate over that pos.

Part 6 wasn’t the high point of the series, but I still liked it. Definitely not overrated, though, where the fuck are you getting that from?

Fight club

This one. Bad jokes, bad music, bad fake British accents, bad incomprehensible plot.

Attached: Holy_Grail_2.jpg (1526x1003, 1.45M)

I've always regarded FC as the The Dark Knight of its time.
Entry-level philosophical soapboxing that gained popularity thanks to giving a bunch of edgelords on the internet a "genius" character to project themselves into.

>onto*

no, "into" is correct here

Humphrey Bogart was the coolest white man alive, and if you used dark necromancy to bring him back from the dead he would be again by a wide fucking mile.

For a classic movie, Vertigo.

For more recent: any of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight. That was the Batman voice that you heard and said "yeah, that doesn't sound like a 7 year old doing a monster voice"?

I should say underrated.

95% of superhero/comic movies. They are fine as forgettable action explosions movies, but people are way too obsessed with this shit. Most of the better ones were made over 15 years ago when the genre was newer and you were a huge nerd for wanting to watch any.

After a few came out, the basic formula was already getting old
>handwavey science reason for powers, or aliens
>deal with double life
>power hungry villain that similarly handwaves into powers
>hero tempted to abuse power or oversteps
>go from loved to hated to redemption

Kinda like generic action movies in the 80s and 90s, I like the ones that were new when I was a kid, but by the time I was 17 I realized it was all the same so I stopped seeing them.

All the british accents are real tho.

They're all British except for Gilliam, how the fuck can they have "bad fake British accents" you retard

Attached: 1512173322139.jpg (500x362, 35K)

I loved his batman series, but I agree the batman voice was cringey. Better than the gay one with nipple suits from George Clooney at least, though what isnt?

Our generation’s cowboy westerns. A few gems and a whole lot of B movies that look a lot like all the others. No different.

I still think the first two Spiderman movies are the best in the genre.
Any of Marvel's Universe shit either bores me out of my mind or just gives me a headache.

Robert Mitchum might give him a good run for his money but I like where you're coming from

Attached: uzhd134blew11.jpg (1080x818, 99K)

Attached: Screen-Shot-2016-03-11-at-12.50.31-AM.png (846x1048, 325K)

ITT: Will Ferrell fans.

Spiderman 1 and 2, xmen 1 and 2, blade 1 and 2, batman begins and dark knight were all great for me. Then the 3rd movies and gay shit like endless hulks and spiderman reboots were awful.
What other old goodmones were there?

>ITT: Movies that went over user's heads

Great pick. It was garbage. So forgettable and yet it has cult status

I liked him in old school, but not sure I saw him in anything other than snl before it got really really bad

Titanic

Great pick, loved him in Night of the Hunter.

Good point, it is basically a specific type of action film, but all basically the same formula. It can only be so different.

I skipped to the part where it starts to sink. From there to the end was actually really good. Not sure about the first 2.5 hours.

All stanley kubrick movies

It's a classic. However out of the past is his best film imo. Not only was the role made for Mitchum but Kirk Douglas plays such a good villain.

obvious bait

Take that back

see

The holy grail of bait

All David Lynch movies

all Martin Scorsese movies

All Joel and Ethan Coen movies

all Steven Soderbergh movies

all Terrence Malick movies

All Abbas Kiarostami movies

All Errol Morris movies

all Hayao Miyazaki movies

all David Cronenberg movies

All Hitchcock movies

ur not funny

all Terence Davies movies

All Lukas Moodysson movies

all Lynne Ramsay movies

all Bela Tarr movies

all Wong Kar-wai

all Pedro Almodovar movies

He was caught in a threshing machine.

Overrated
(vertigo)
Underrated
Neither

all peter scully movies

Caddyshack. It was fine, but not as great as many of the other fine comedies of that era. I love bill Murray, but the groundhog puppet was retarded.

All Quentin Tarantino movies

yeah honestly the sequel was better.

all Tsai Ming-Liang movies

all Aki Kaurismaki movies

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

all Michael Winterbottom movies

all Paul Thomas Anderson movies

original or the tim burton version?

all Walter Salles movies

all Alexander Payne movies

The Revenant

hey, wait a minute

Children of men. I see this on almost every recommended and sci fi "much watch" list but it sucked.

Attached: thumbnail-children-of-men.jpg (480x720, 87K)

all Aleksandr Sokurov movies

Did I say Charlie?

all Ang Lee movies

all Michael Moore movies

oh sorry

all Wes Anderson movies

all Takeshi Kitano movies

all Richard Linklater movies

all Gaspar Noé movies

all Pavel Pawlikowski movies

Schindlers list

all David O Russell movies

all Larry and Andy Wachowski movies

no one likes the tim burton one though so how is it overrated?

all Samira Makhmalbaf movies

this is not true, but ok

this
not nearly so funny as people say

all Spike Lee movies

all Lars von Trier movies

all Takashi Miike movies

all David Fincher movies

all Gus Van Sant movies

Jurassic park 3

all movies

Except Frozen

Green book

IT 2017. Was like an episode of goosebumps.

Yes, it's overrated, but without the love story, Titanic would have been an exceptional movie. The movie was very well researched historically (for the most part) and beautifully filmed. But why, why did Cameron need to tack on a love story to one of the most powerful dramas in history? The Titanic tragedy in itself had everything -- bad luck, bad decisions, courage and cowardice, hubris, the injustice of class distinction. It did not need a pithy love story.

I admit I cried during the movie, but not over Jack and Rose. I cried over the elderly Strausses lying in their bed, embracing each other as they prepared to die. And I bawled outright when the Irish mother told her babies about the paradise of Tir na n'Og while the water rose in their doomed cabin. These were scenes that struck me as agonizingly real.

Instead of trying to make the audience feel something for a guy and girl, Cameron should have used his formidable directing talents, and the true accounts of the tragedy, to invoke cathartic despair for our humanity.

Attached: SinkingWasTheBestPart.jpg (2257x1500, 976K)

Do you wanna build a snowman?

I liked it when that one guy fell and hit the chimney? What’s that thing called? Is it a chimney? Anyway it was nice seeing the Irish die.

everything highbrow or artsy horse shit

fucking micks

>fake british accents
Nigger what?

Make like a coconut and migrate back to the bait factory

Anything soft core. Like who even watches it!

>Kirk Douglas
Based

This boring piece of shit, couldn't even finest it.

Attached: boooring.jpg (474x694, 67K)

Toy story 3

epic drama adventure exploration it had none of these things

They're called smokestacks

I tried watching it 3 times and fell asleep every time. How tight is your anus?

all pixar movies

and everything disney stole

Thanks dude I’m smarter now x

loose as the plot

I liked the first toy story and I think I saw a video of randy Newman filming a couple of niggers fucking a white teen.

Attached: 969C3EF4-7B39-416A-A1B5-7F4DE3C58219.gif (336x252, 1.09M)

Wrong

>Young Frankenstein
Every time I've tried to watch it, I wound up getting interrupted. Granted, each interruption came later in the movie, but still, I've never finished it. And what I HAVE seen of it compels me never to start it again.

>Princess Bride
Andre the Giant acting and "Have fun stormin' dah cassle" = the only good parts of that movie. Why this piece of garbage is considered a "classic" is literally inconceivable.

American Psycho
>Don't give a shit that infinite #s of "dubs" memes came from this, the movie was stupid as fuckall.

Could not agree more. The Michael Keaton Batman, the 3 Tobey MacGuire Spider Mans, the 2 Deadpools & the Heath Ledger Batman were the only movies based on comic books that I actually liked. Never seen a Hulk film, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, new Spider Man or any other movie based on comic books because the genre is way overrepresented and I clearly see what the studios are doing & I want no part of it.

Here's the logic behind this flood of comic shit in theaters: it's like Marvel & DC just decided to make a whole shit-ton of movies based on their properties, overpaying all the acting talent in them so they'd continue coming back for more and more sequels. And for what? In the case of Marvel, the big payoff is having all these actors (Robert Downey Jr is the only one of the bunch I consider an A-lister btw) return for one gargantuan payday extravaganza called "Avengers."

Snore.

Saw the very first X Men (2000), the 2nd Keaton & the Val Kilmer Batman, the first Christian Bale Batman & Guardians of the Galaxy. Didn't like any of them, and in the case of Guardians, I went on a date to see that (in 3D no less) & it was her choice. I didn't know anything about it going in, was bored during, and on the way out saw "Marvel" on the bottom of the standee in the lobby. This after I realized I hated comic movies. Immediate thought: "if I'd known this was a Marvel movie, I would have suggested something else."

full metal jacket

This. Godfather is trash.

In New Zealand, you would be imprisoned for your post

Juno
Gummo
Anything with Jonah hill
Any Superman movie

>agrees with Martin Scorsese assessment
>cites The Godfather as evidence
>The Godfather was directed by Francis Ford Coppola

I wrote this: And forgot to attach an image. So here it is, just for you. Enjoy.

Attached: Dumbass medals.jpg (480x334, 25K)

You beat me to it...I was scrolling down to nominate it.

Fuck you, nausicaa is an 80's gem

Attached: 008.jpg (1200x1559, 638K)

It's not much sci-fi, but more on the "oppressive future" genre. It really kills the mood the scene of the hippies being executed

Fight me