Be me, turning 19 in a few days

>Be me, turning 19 in a few days
>Dad asks what I want for birthday
>”Could you pay half or even 1/3 the cost of a Nintendo Switch?”
>”Can’t you just share your brother’s?” He asks
>”No dad I’d like to have my own, it’s not so much a home console as it is a handheld that happens to plug into the tv”
>he apprehensively tells me we can “work something out”
Why couldn’t he just say yes without the attitude
Why is he fine buying my 15 year old brother a Switch outright plus a game two months after his birthday but he’s uneasy about paying $100-$150 so I can have my own
I don’t get it

Attached: C7FA3603-5D76-4D17-8480-39B9440A397E.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

I'd say that, even with your explanation, he doesn't really understand why you need one for you when there's already one in the house.

because your brother is a child and you are an adult.
go and get a job and pay for it yourself.
your father considers you an abject embarrassment. take the fucking hint.

Just play your brothers. Who tf wants to buy the same console twice? Don't blame him at all unless he's a rich fag.

You're the child your mother selfishly used to ruin his life.

because its time to grow up son

Yeah, this! Your dad is disappointed that you asked for a childs toy. You should have asked for a gun, or a hooker. It would have made him proud.

He loves your brother more than you, and hopes that by the time he turns 19, he won't be a pathetic faggot like his older sibling.

I literally read this in the voice of a five year old

Your dad hates you

Attached: A7071185-589B-4BCD-8156-5F1CB7D240F3.jpg (1087x1080, 118K)

seriously man, the cringe here is so strong.
feel for the manlet's dad. poor guy.
trying his best to raise a decent family and ends up with this cunt.

I have a fucking job you mongoloid but I’d rather have a fucking Switch than a more expensive new car stereo that he offered me when mine work fine

that's because a car stereo is a gift fit for a man.
a switch is a toy for a child.
by all means buy one for yourself, but expecting your dad to buy one for you is an insult.
the time for begging for toys is over, son. time to grow up.

I was being serious about the gun and hooker. My dad gave me a carton of camel lights on my 20th birthday.

my dad gave me some money to take my gf away on vacation for my 19th.
he even gave me some condoms.
i certainly made him proud when I came back and told him I had to buy some more.

Bottle of tequila cause you know not 21at least here

You did good!

>can't you just share your brother's
>19
>just share your brother's

Your dad knows you will never move out and is ashamed of you.

and you know what, a few years ago my current gf bought me a PS4.
I was genuinely blown away.
But I'd never expect my parents to pay for one.

I don’t expect him to buy one for me. Had you bothered to read the OP you’d know I only asked for a partial payment and offered to pay most of it myself. Are you saying just asking for the money outright would have been better? Because it would have had the exact same outcome: A console in my hands. You probably have a 60+ game Steam library anyway so I don’t think you’re in a position to call me childish for playing some vidya, user.

That is so fucking ass-backwards
I would never expect my SO to spend that kind of money on me and I’d be ashamed of myself if she did

I’ll get right on that as soon as my girlfriend and I have full-time jobs and can afford to move out
Shouldn’t you be in bed so you can get up at 5:00am for your office-slave job, boomer?

jesus christ you're a whiny faggot.
no wonder your dad fucking hates you.

Okay retard
Get a job

What the fuck? My old lady bought me a 55" samsung 4k. Best gift i've ever gotten in my entire life. I was putting some serious effort into my dick game for awhile there.

Don't be an ungrateful cunt. You're 19, buy your own shit. Your brother is literally a child. You're jealous of a child.

Your Dad is actually trying to tell you something.

Attached: 28453_1449821038514_1022868206_31320319_8267139_n.jpg (720x480, 49K)

Why does he ask what I want if he isn’t going to take me seriously
I’m upset because he plays favorites and then claims he doesn’t

I have a job. And my own apartment. And a gf that has a great job so she can buy me a PS4 on a whim.
And this is cos my parents taught me not to be a whinging little shithead who begs for toys when I was a grown man.
Sucks to be you, dude.

Also
How the fuck can I be ungrateful for something I haven’t received or explicitly been told I will receive

Okay retard
Get a better hobby
You aren’t very good at this one

You're a grown man. Jealous of your kid brother.
My god, you're embarrassing me and I haven't even met you.

Man, touched a nerve here. Since it's clear that you aren't getting an education if you're looking for a full time job at 19 you should ask your dad to help you pay to go to trade school or something. Learn to weld and build custom furniture for rich women. He wants to see you do stuff with yourself, not rot at home playing with a toy for children.

Maybe I'll buy myself a Nintendo Switch right now, what with me being a basic functioning adult with a decent job.

I’m pursuing a business degree currently but okay bud whatever you say

You do that Chief, hope you have fun with it!

Attached: 9E4787E2-103D-481D-AAD8-61C4D3C4E9D0.png (480x480, 96K)

I really hope this is some elaborate trolling, because if you're real... I worry for the world.

I'll probably give it to my kid brother. It's for children, really.
My dad will be so proud.

I mean if he is constantly going to treat me like a child, why act like an adult
What’s the point

Back at you chief

That’s your opinion and while I disagree, I respect your right to believe so

because you have some self respect and dignity?
no, of course not.

because youre not a kid anymore

grow up and stop being a fucking baby

Okay and?

I’m not gonna act like an adult if doing so still results in me being treated as a child
Last time I caused minor damage to my car and fixed it myself my dad tried to fix it for me, then said I wasn’t grateful for my car even though I put the effort into fixing it
He’s just a cunt and I don’t care if you disagree

you really need to move out, dude.

You should just kill your dad.

I would if I could afford to, believe me

But killing is wrong and then I would be homeless

If this is real and you aren't just trolling it's painfully obvious from your attitude why your dad doesn't want to buy you a switch. It's because you're an insufferable entitled loser. He wants you the fuck out of the house because he hates having you around. You might as well give up on the "business degree" from your local community college too because someone with your personality won't be able to hold any serious job.

Okay retard
Whatever you say

You are your own greatest obstacle to success ;^)

assmad zoomer btfo by trips of truth

kill him

Because he figures you're old enough to be interested in more manly stuff rather than kids video games. Especially if your little brother has one, wanting your own shows how important video games are for you.
If he wants to give you money for your birthday then use it to better yourself. That will make you a better person and you will both be proud.
Stop being a bitch

It's no use, OP's mom called him downstairs for dinner