Hello Yea Forumsrothers

Hello Yea Forumsrothers

20 year old britfag here.

For anyone thats past my age, when did life start becoming more bearable for you?Between trying to build a career, financial shit and failed relationships being hard to forget, I'm starting to think life is not worth bothering with - the only thing keeping me here is my family and the hope for a better future.

Any advice welcome

Attached: 5515aa9367097b109a0890b303f67091.jpg (500x368, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTGnim4irus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been breezin since I was 14

Well there comes a point when you can look back and say, "that was another life ago."

What does bearable mean to you though?

For some it might be married, owning a home, no debt etc. Focus on your end goal and know that with time and hard work it will happen.

Too many people want everything now

32/M/Murica here. Hope? What's that?

24 for me, the year I got out of my shithole apartment, earned a liveable wage and met a loveable woman

You'll live several lives

Austerity has fucked your generation. Shit is a lot harder than it should be. The key is to remember, its not you.

Do you have any qualifications, and what is your work experiance?

I'm only a few years past you.
But 18- I'd dropped out, gotten heavy into drugs and lost the only person I truly cared for.
Looking back now, I'm glad all of that happened. Regardless of what you did with your life, just know it doesn't have to affect what you do with it now.
You're in the prime of your life. Focus on your hobbies and career, focus on friends and family, on future relationships and love.
Don't stress much, man. It'll get easier.

31 Northernfag here. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do and only just finished my course and applying for jobs I want. Relationship wise, it'll take time, not everyone meets "the one", I've had plenty of relationships and without trying you'll never find out. You'll make it though, just focus on yourself and what gives you the feeling of importance, be courteous and kind and get off Yea Forums.

Around 25 I'd say. Never studied so that prolly helped with the financial situation as I worked a few years earlier than otherwise. At that age I moved out and lived on my own which helped me discover new things I really enjoy, like cooking. It also made me appreciate that accepting yourself and your situation is a must if you dont want to drown in self-made misery. Learn to ebj)* what you got, even if its sitting at home, watching Anime and fap. Found a GF (first real relationship) about a year later. Smooth sailing since.

31 here, i have a good life id say, good money, happily married for 4 years, healthy and blablabla. I think the key is not doing stupid shit when you are young so you dont end mentally broken with retarded ideas, sure is funny live the YOLO life when you are young, but for me it was worth being the ''boring guy'', the life is not only your first 20 years.

I'm 21 turning 22
I joined the army at 18 with a wife and baby
I went to Afghanistan and partook in war
I left the army and moved home to be in my kid's life
I found a job paying almost 20 an hour to sit around and clean bathrooms
I am an army reserves drill sergeant

I want to fucking die because there is no point being pushed by the current that is life. Every time I stood to kill myself god spoke to me

If you can walk away from suicide, your problems will be the same, but you will be different

For me, it didn't get better until I started motivating myself to get shit done, and that didn't happen until I gave in to the spite and hate I feel. If nothing else will get me out of bed every morning the desire for vengeance and vindication never fails.

I'm sure it doesn't have to be that specifically, but you need an intense enough desire -- you need to truly want something enough to make sacrifices for.

Your 20’s are adult training years, don’t worry about fucking shit up. Try to have a lot of relationships to find out what you want in a partner then settle down in your 30’s.

I didn’t start making good money until I was 35.

Kek, God

25 and trying to start life again after my mother death. I lost motivation to continue my current career path as that hasn't even started yet because I keep getting out qualified by boomers and gen x applying to entry level jobs.

You can start by leaving this place

I'm 18, and since a year, I lost motivation for I think everything. Before, my life was full of hobbies and things that I used to care of. Even though my grades weren't very good, I carried on. I would just get home and start reading, or learning some new shit for me. My social relationships were great, I felt fullfilled.
But I think there was a moment when I lost all interest in everything, all my hobbies, school, even friends. I've been stuck in that moment for more than a year. I tried to resume those hobbies, even start new ones, but I can't. I'm just no longer motivated. It's so frustrating to look back and remember how used to be life, and then realize that all of that is gone, and idk how to get it back.
Atm, I feel that I'm just wasting my time and my life doing nothing productive nor new.
Any similar experiences /b?

32/m

your kid years were the easy ones.

23, that's when it got good. Really it's just your outlook on things.

Best advice I ever got was from a girl I know, she told me that everything in life seems hard but if you see it as already having happened then it becomes petty and insignificant. You can use that to your advantage and picture things as happening the way you want.

it doesnt, 16-18 is the peak, its all downhill from there

user this is literally the best advice I think anyone can give, live that childhood dream. Find your soul mate. And I mean soul mate, not the best looking girl you can find, not the sluttiest. The woman who you will watch grow old and die, the woman who you will have a boy and a girl with in a house with a friendly dog. Thats what will bring true meaning friend.

Also even if you don’t believe in god etc, live by the new testament. Or some other religion, but make sure you live by something or you’ll get lost like I did.

Until we meet again.

Oldfag here. Honestly, around 30 is when shit got really good.I just turned 40 and now I've finally got good money.

Don't worry too much with your 20s, you're still learning. Have fun and fuck whatever won't give you diseases. Don't have kids until your late 20s or early 30s. Don't marry the first woman you fuck, no matter how much you think you love her.

30's is when it gets really good.

Dunno bro.
Just creeping into my 30’s recently unemployed and searching the market for employment. Finding it quite difficult though due to not having any qualifications. Life is just ebbing along, sincerely wish I’d studied a trade in college via an apprenticeship.

25 years old. I barely got a car and a goodish job. Got my first apartment and moved from home. Spent a year in blindless ambiguity and confusion, then I finally pushed myself to take baby steps to drive out of my comfort zone. (I would be afraid to leave my town.) I drove to a town an hour away. Then three hours. Then I pushed myself to get comfortable driving in that city. Then to a city 5 hours away and get comfortable driving there. Now I feel an itch to be driving by myself. I finally feel I have charge over my life and doing something I dreamed of doing: road trips (although, I really wouldn't call any of those road trips, I'm planning a trip out of state).

I'm 24 and just got my dream job. I more than doubled my salary overnight and can finally get a not shit place to live. Keep going.

I'n on a really good engineering apprenticeship so I'll be on £30k by 22 but I moved for this job 300 miles from home and i'v never been more miserable than where i am now. I'm transferring closer to home in summer hopefully but until then every day is just a struggle for me. I'm not usually self loathing or depressed but I suppose i've spent too much time in a place i don't like and its made it so hard to see the point even though from someone elses viewpoint im doing really well

40fag here. I used to work at NASA doing IT before everyone and their dog did it. IT was my trade, but now that everyone does it, I can't hardly get shit for pay doing that anymore. I switched careers to something I never thought I'd be doing along with a home-business on the side. With the two combined, I make really good money and I'll be able to retire soon. Only reason I keep the day job is because the benefits are really good.

Moral of the oldfag story is, trades don't mean shit if lots of people do them. Find something that nobody does but everybody wants.

>be me
>find that soulmate
>not giving details, but hte feeling is mutual
>after a year or so, she becames suprisingly distant
>going to ask her what was going on, but be too afraid of losing her forever
>time passes, distance increases

Now she's completely gone from my life, but at the same time, I can't get over it, she keeps showing up in my dreams and all that shit.

Btw, she acted like a bitch, for real, I've talked about this in detail with lot of people, they all agree.

Should I try to contact her to get her back?

For me its literally just being content.

I don't care for expensive things i just want a life where i think "this is where i want to stay"

I find it so hard to be focused in my current situation. I sound like a bitch but even cooking or cleaning for me is difficult because i just sit in bed trapped in my head. I just want to be happier but i suppose true happiness needs to earned

I like your take on things. Will have a muse upon it.
+1 internets to you, sir.

that'd what i try but the more negative feelings i have the harder it is to pursue my goals. I still push myself at work etc, but its so much harder to be happy than sad it seems

I've always said that but it doesn't make it easier getting through them mate

keep going man. if i lost a close family member now i would crumble - you're strong for carrying on

Soo...nice one Elon.

Attached: xknv41ul073be3m5g227599765900.jpg (1724x1182, 106K)

around age 30 for me

I’m gonna be frank user, she was not the one. She was someone you loved and she probably loved you too! BUT she was NOT your soul mate.

She wasn’t the one user, and there’s probably loads of ones out there. Soul mates are people who are two jigsaw pieces which when put together make the full puzzle. You just have to find the right piece. Hope this helps..

Honestly man it's a shit show right now. I'm 24 and a Brit and I still have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

Not that same user, but I found that girl and completely ruined it.
Soulmates don't exist- just people who you really get along with and can understand completely- but no such thing as "the one"

You’re lost user. You should live by something like the new testament or hinduism or something. Find an anchor to build your life upon. Live like a mormon it that’s what it takes to find your way back and to live a good life.
I don’t believe there’s a god but I live as though there was. Love your fellow man, don’t lie, don’t swear, be kind etc etc

Completely agree user that’s what I said above, like a suit, you gotta find the best fit.

More bearable? I just tolerate it better

It actually helped user, I belive you.

When I started meeting her we looked like those two jigsaw pieces, in everything, but eventually, I realised that we weren't. But I was blinded by the love, and the hope that we would end up together, so I would just keep rejecting the fact that we weren't equal.
Even now I still have some hope for it, it sucks, because I want to forget her and find my real soul mate, but the hope that remains inside of me is stronger.

Btw, you really helped, I'll try to bear that in mind, thanks user.

Listen to this. All day. Every day. Don't ask any questions.
youtube.com/watch?v=DTGnim4irus

Really happy to hear that user, Ivthibk most people who end up breaking up do the same thing by pretending that she’s the one when you know deep down she isn’t. Best of luck with finding her.

Don't listen to this guy, user.
God is dead, and there's no need to "anchor" yourself around blind faith and a lie.
Read, learn about philosophy and psychology. Learn what makes you you, and what you can do to better yourself.
Surround yourself with positive people, with good vibes and generally good things.

If you hate you life to the point you think about suicide you can take any risks. Try to get a good job, try to open a shop, etc. You have nothing to lose.

Dude I don’t believe in god i’m just saying follow the live as a good person shit. It’s apparent looking at the left today that most atheists literally throw away their morals after realizing god doesn’t exist which is wrong, they should keep the morality and good rules from faith.

Well that's completely wrong.
Stupid, weak and/or evil people are the exception.
Most know whats right and wrong, and can actually follow through without the training wheels that come with religion.

29 year old britfag

When I was about your age I had nearly failed 6th form college but was given a second chance

My friends graduated before me since I was held back a year they all went to uni and we fell out of touch

My grandparents were pushing me to go to uni but there was no way I could afford it at the time or so I thought

Got a shitty job as a receptionist then an engineering apprenticeship with a company that I thought would give me a career but they ended up just using me as cheap technician labour

9 years on I lost that job and am thinking of going back to uni

When youre in your late teens/early 20s you know adulthood is just around the corner but you still feel like it's far away enough to relax and that somehow youll just learn to be an adult. The problem is there are no adulting classes or adulting mentors

In the end its just "fake it till you make it"
Thats what most of adult life is

I am still waiting for life to be more bearable, still trying to build a career, still trying to get financial shit sorted out, and still have no luck with relationships and have given up there

The only thing keeping me here is my family and the hope for a better future

My advice for you, someone who was me a decade ago:

Give yourself a long term goal

Anything
It could be to buy a plot of land or get a house buy a boat build a car start a company
Anything

But you have to choose a goal and keep that image strong in your mind

Then you have to orient your life to aim at that goal

List your strengths play to those strengths and build on them with further education

Go to college or uni. Even if you cant afford it now, you can get loans to cover it that you dont have to pay off until youre earning a lot.

Study something related to your strengths. Bear in mind these strengths can change over time, and a lot of strengths have transferable skills.

Most importantly though stay flexible. Life will throw road blocks your way you have to be able to move around them.

good for you for persevering through that mate. a long term goal is what i try but overthinking the whole thing and knowing that its years away is my problem really.

I'm good on education and i have a really good job, i think just living away from home in a shithole city has made me this way.