Can you have the need to be high all the time while being content with life overall? Met this weird hookup...

Can you have the need to be high all the time while being content with life overall? Met this weird hookup, most cheerful person I know, energetic, but wants to be wasted all the time, any drug will do, mostly uppers. Up to this point I believed firmly that the need to be high all the time stems from reality being a bitch to you, but she seems and persists on being all happy even without any drugs. Am I wrong or is she hiding something? My view is distorted since when I have the need to get high I can pinpoint an exact problem that makes me wanna escape reality. Can someone really see drugs differently?

Attached: Drugs.jpg (1240x930, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(religion)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSB#Delta_FosB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man, people have problems and they use drugs and their life improves. Fine. They've found a shortcut to being able to make it through every day, and this is even legitimate science, psychopharmacology. But the problem is when the money runs out or the drugs aren't enough, all those problems come back into focus clear as day only now you're deeply addicted, penniless and are completely unable to cope with them.

Your call, user.

Money has never been a problem for me, neither a steady supply of any drug I'd like. I'm meticulously trying to cycle different drugs in such a manner that I won't get addicted to any of them when I feel like I'm in a "I need to escape reality" period. But that's not my question. My question is, can you be in that period/mood while being content/happy with your life overall?

Some people like drugs, user.
You aren't fully wrong, there are people who fit your profile, but absolutely nothing is universal.

For some people they just like the way their brain works with it.
I microdose psychadelics. Makes my brain work real good.

>Money runs out
>Drugs not enough

Not all drugs are addictive, you know..

In my experience and circles everyone I know who does drugs are happy people and just like drugs..

Gotta ask, are you american? I know your country in particular has a very weird view on drugs..

I bet you have a micro penis

And my answer is the same, yes. And when you get to the end, you'll realize that's a less important question.

No, I'm European. I've read up on the war on drugs, Nixon making them the devil and distorting the world view while forcing a worldwide legislation that isn't science backed. I think I view drugs as objectively as I can and I still can't believe that you can legitimately be in bliss and need to get high. Is that Nixon's propaganda remainders that I haven't cashiered yet?

That's a very strange correlation to draw.

Can you give an objective rundown on microdosing lsd? Did you compare the period you were microdosing to a period you're not that took place after the microdosing one? What's the difference?

Micro dosing and you have micro penis makes perfect sense to me
You are a soy boy faggot
only real men take 7 grams per trip microdosing is bad for you faggot specially if u do it everyday fag lord kill yourself faggot

Maybe. I don't know how your head works. Probably, though.
Gotta say though if she's really into uppers I'm not sure how long that's going to hold.
They do a number on your reward system..
It's also possible (among a lot of possibilities) she has ADHD, wherein one of the symptoms is a pretty big lack of dopamine and norepinephrine production in which case her brains found a replacement treatment. Uppers won't affect her the same as other people if that's the case.

I don't think she has ADHD, she's in the same major as I am and it is pretty hard, in the hardest uni my country has and she's coping just fine without any amps.

>Microdosing
>specially if u do it everyday

I dont think you know what microdosing really is

Yeah that's what I'm doing.
I chart my moods on a graph in an app. It was all over the place between 1-5 and extremely inconsistent. After microdosing it turns into basically a smooth line above 3 (months of before and after data to show).

This part is really hard to explain but my brain seems to be changing in fundamental core ways. I'm 32 and all my life I've been kind of a hermit. By choice, I'm social and can be out going, lots of friends, a wife.. but I like to shut in a room. That just changed, I want to go out and be around people a lot now whether I'm on a microdose or not. Creativity increased, I can focus better, anxiety non existent, I'm more empathetic. Communication with my wife opened up a lot.

But mood is the only one I can objectively point to because I have data for that.

I have it and I did well through university.
We have a symptom called hyperfocus. If she likes what she's studying she doesn't need amps to focus.

I think it's a fase because I went through the same. I used to take almost everything except meth or painkillers, now I just drop acid once every 2 or 3 weeks. Being high is fun but expensive and you won't be productive unless you snort coke.

But you can go round the bend on this too. The fact that your brain is changing shows that it can become a negative relationship. And you won't know when it happens, because your brain will fool you. Back off now. You learned a new way to be. Do it sober and your brain can learn to balance without the dose.

I've been reading FDA research and national institute of health papers for years before even starting.
>Negative relationship
Do you mean addiction? Because these substances are totally non habit forming with no withdrawal..

Did you do an off period? Do the problems come back if you stop microdosing? Are you placebo-ing yourself?

18 year old everday stoner here, I allocate to many funds towards psychoactive things, predominantly cannabis of course however its a hobby that I enjoy. Remember the taboo behind 'drugs' is subjective and not an objective truth. I feel like shit half the time but still manage to just not kill myself despite it being in constant thought. I don't like being removed from sobriety in any form daily multiple times a day, however i smoke dat giggle bush when i can. There is a habitual physical addiction, hence why i dont like it, its just something to do because im bored.

Attached: Weed Cat Snail.png (301x205, 124K)

too*

>Are you placeboing yourself

On symptoms like mood and organization (ADHD, tough to make routines and keep my house organized) no. There is no placebo. I didn't like stims so doctors would give me off label meds and they'd "work great" for a week.

Last time I microdosed (shrooms) mood lifted and organization symptoms went away, and stayed away for a month after stopping.
This time same thing happened.

I'll add I did not expect the organization symptoms to be eliminated. So for that to keep being treated is interesting.

However as I said, I have data for mood. Everything else is perceived. We have to accept it could be placebo, but a lot of these are also effects claimed by studies the FDA are conducting now.

Lsd is the best drug ever. You can't really say it's recreational because you learn so much about yourself and your hopes and fears.

Either you take drugs because you love it, mainly young people, or you take it because you are bored like housewives or a settled guy like me, or even to escape reality like whole russia. There are many reasons and many moments to take drugs.
Bored people aren't unhappy, they are just bored. If I were unhappy I would put all my efforts in changing the situation. But I am not unhappy. Just bored. So I take kratom daily and I feel less bored. And when my supplier is out of kratom, I have to stop. One week of crazy shitty withdrawals feeling like utter shit, but then I look at the last week with a smile waiting for my next order. I love kratom.
Thats my experience. No other drugs for me since I am a settled oldfag with kids, wife, reputation etc

I wish I could still smoke pot everyday but I get serious anxiety. Now I only smoke when im coming down of another drug

Rite?

dude i get terrible anxiety ive been a practically everyday stoner since 16, so yea. I would start buying cigarettes especially now that im of age but tbh with legal weed here in canada theres no point. I kinda like stimulants/amphetamines tbh. recently tried out biphentine which was neat, not as clean of a feeling as adderal and not nearly as heavy as vyvanse can be

I never had problems in my life when i was a kid and started use drugs but before the drugs the problems starts
Only drug i like now is weed e alchool but with alchool we need be carefull because sometimes thats make me so fucking crazy

Best thing to do is not to smoke too much. Anxiety is a known side effect of pot.
I haven't tried pills except for e, I know I'll like it too much if I tried it and I've heard some rehab horrorstories so I tend to stay clear of those

you don't learn anything, it just feels like learning.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_(religion)

Yeah and shell kick your ass if you need it.

With stimulants, you only worsen your reality, no matter how bad it is. When the end of an action comes, you don’t want to live and life for you is horror that is easier to quit than to exist in it.
I have some problems with amphetamine. And I understand that if I constantly used it, then I would have burned for several years.
In the evening, smoke mj one or two times after work. That's enough in my opinion. Stimulants shorten your life and only drive you deeper in the ass.But I'm no longer sure that I can completely abandon them.

Attached: 15455785361460.jpg (525x525, 33K)

I went to rehab and was good nice food nice football and nice people hahahaa and they give a lot of pills to you relax and sleep like a rock

I had some breakthroughs with tripping. But I grew up really repressed so maybe that's why.

Yeah always respect lucy

I am guessing she is closer to the beginner stage of drug use, if she is or gets into hard core opiates they will get you, you might think they wont, and you can outsmart them, oh no, they are sneaky, you say to yourself, I I just like being high, I can stop, just dont wanna, untill one day you get this flu you cant shake and you tell yourself, oh I will just make myself well one more time, 10 years later, you are still just going to do it one more time

the answer is yes, for a while, I used to rotate drugs until I figured out the other drugs were dipping into my opiate fund

I see you've never done it. What do you think he means by "learning"? Gaining knowledge from the cosmos? Because no, it just takes your biases away and let's you take a more objective look at things and you learn what an asshole you are or how weird your world view is..

I Take drugs everyday. If i recognize that i get addicted i Change the Drugclass.

>i Change the Drugclass
And how many times have you changed?

pretty incorrect assumption to make about my experience with it.

realize that it's a drug, fundamentally. it's not a magical chemical that rewires your brain and creates spontaneous enlightenment. serotonergic psychedelics simply agonize serotonin receptors in the brain, and change how signals are sent and interpreted.

nothing changes. your perception during the high is different from that while sober, but there is nothing inherent to psychedelics that makes them in any way different to any other drug. alcohol, heroin, amphetamine, mdma, ketamine. you "learn" precisely as much from any other psychoactive drug, that is to say, nothing at all.

your perception is warped while intoxicated, and skewed by preconceptions about what the drug is "supposed" to do. the placebo effect is strong. there is no personal growth that occurs. you are fooling yourself if you believe otherwise.

Attached: 1548441469668.jpg (650x500, 43K)

So you get addicted to something else.
Then go back to the original substance

Hey...nice, Elon

Attached: von5qk7edl2dhm8tu228480409700.jpg (1530x1131, 119K)

Every Time when i Feel that i get physicly addicted. I jump from Opiates to benzo to dissoativa to cocaine to speed as example. I do this like 2 years now. And i do drugs like 7 years now. In these 5 years i was addicted to every drug you can mind. So i know how a Addiction and the rehab feels like. We Germans even got a word for this Drug use ( klug rotierende politoxykomanie) it works and i dont get addicted to a drug i am just addicted to be "high" only Alkohol and weed are my dailys but that Addiction is easy to break.

Except things do change neurologically.. which is why the FDA is all over it and it's being reclassified for treatments of a variety of mental illnesses... It's been shown repeatedly to be far more effective than placebo.

I'll take national institute of health dot gov over your philosophy pal.

And yes, having a drug where part of the "warped perception" is a highly interconnected brain and dampened sense of self identity really helps you take an objective view of things... It's part of why it's so good for therapy. A lot easier to see you are responsible for yourself and your problems when your desire to protect your self identity is gone, no?

I disagree lsd and molly helped me a lot and changed how I think about a lot of things. Im not going to revolve my life on drugs alone but those 2 really helped me put things in perspective.

Ive taken Most common substances, weed, hash, benzos, mdma (both clean and mixed with speed) pregablin, speed (amfetamine) and alkohol ofc. Never opiods(painkillers) tho cuz my Line crosses there, wont touch that shit.

Idk i only Take something that isnt weed on weekends, instead of alcohol. But when i started smoking cb i used to crossfade and i got REALLY fucked up sometimes. After the first times it doesnt feel the same and you start to "chase the dragon" because else its just boring. And with every drug you take this will haunt you, never expierenced that with benzos tho, benzos is kinda boring.

But yeah it is kinda same as getting fucked on alcohol just diffrent effects. I still do speed sometimes, mdma max 3 Times a year, pregablin ,but i need to cut that shit cuz its hella addictive, cannabis almost every weekend, much better then alcohol imo if you use it responsibly, i drink aswell sometimes but not a fan of it anymore. Dont really do benzos, maybe if i try Lsd and want to cut the trip i would Take a few xanor.

It got kinda messy but lets clear things up, you try something for the first time -you want to feel that again, so higher doses will get you more fucked in one way but not that magical feeling.

Idk i fucked up this post but yeah

Also, can you link me some studies? It seems kinda paradoxical using LSD so often too, microdosing is done every 4 days right? Doesn't lsd have an insane instant tolerance curve? I'd imagine the concentration curve would be something like pic related, resulting in an ever increasing dose of lsd in your system(n being the redosage index, f being the concentration of lsd in blood rho a fitting variable attached to n to fit the curve), while the tolerance curve would go up insanely high and cancel the effects.

Side note, I'm pretty sure there is a closed form for g_k(t), can't be bothered to find it.

Attached: ftft.png (703x267, 30K)

the hold was lifted for research, but that's pretty meaningless. again, you're looking at it through a biased lens. ketamine is being heavily investigated for breakthrough depression, fentanyl is used for pain management. they're just tools.

>And yes, having a drug where part of the "warped perception" is a highly interconnected brain and dampened sense of self identity
again, your understanding is heavily weighted with bias, rather than an empirical understanding. people drink colloidal silver because they believe it makes them healthier, similar to how you believe lsd is making your better as a person. neither are correct, beyond placebo effects.

i'll never win this argument with you, because you are refusing to entertain the alternative. you entered this discussion with your notions being "the only correct ones".

did the drugs help you, or did you help you.

Addiction isn't a requirement to use drugs as a crutch, user. And when that crutch gets kicked out you fall. People talk about addiction quite a bit when they should be focusing on behavior.

not that guy but it's asymptotic. there's not an "unlimited tolerance" you can reach. same goes for many psychoactives. it's well studied in heroin, for instance, that with unlimited supply, users taper off to a maximum dose without the need to increase, (say 500mg a day if i recall correctly)

>did the drugs help you, or did you help you

Im not this guy but mdma also helped me alot, i had the worst time in my life for like 4 months and after i took it (2nd time ever) i found Hope and wanted to help myself to feel better and now, 3 months later i feel really really good

I helped me but drugs showed me the way.

12 y high every day, why'd you bother?

I have minimal pharmacological/pharmacokinetics knowledge, the function I created is assuming there is unlimited tolerance and your blood can fit any amounts of substance in it and it's definitely not the best fitting approximation to reality. It's just the first ansatz of what it would look like. If 500mg/day is the maximum they need that's a little below 50% of the ld50 in rats, I now see why variable potency from 12 to 90% can easily kill a well tolerant addict.

>I'm meticulously trying to cycle different drugs in such a manner that I won't get addicted to any of them

You're a victim of drug war propaganda. Drugs do not create addiction in themselves, they just change the channels on your psyche's TV set.

Addiction is a fundamental mechanism of our psyche, it is what gives us the drive to do the things we need to do to survive. We need addictive behaviors. They are what keep us fucking, hunting, farming, building new and improved things.

Most drugs increase the actions of this mechanism. In the natural sense it makes sense, why would we not tend to repeatedly use things that increase our evolutionary fitness?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSB#Delta_FosB

Note that addiction refers exclusively to the repeated behaviors surrounding drug use. It does not refer to being physically dependent on something. Someone who only redoses to avoid withdrawals is not an addict; they are dependent on a substance, just like a lower body amputee is dependent on a wheelchair for movement, or the growth of grass is dependent on the availability of light, water and available nutrients.

m8 what you don't understand is that the "I need to escape from reality" part IS the addiction. You don't get addicted to substances, you get addicted to behaviours and thoughts that are then reinforced because they lead to you getting high, it works because our brains are just networks of cells reacting to and emitting chemicals. philosophically speaking we build ourselves entirely on what activates dopamine. You can choose what to activates your dopamine but if you choose poorly it will still have an effect. You keep reinforcing the behaviours and thoughts that lead to you getting high, then more and more of yourself becomes dedicated to taking the substance.
It is, speaking metaphorically, almost like a demon was eating your soul.

God help us all.

Attached: 1404163568222.png (872x387, 183K)