Do any of y'all wish you could be religious? This isn't a "hurr durr I'm too smart for religion thing"...

Do any of y'all wish you could be religious? This isn't a "hurr durr I'm too smart for religion thing", but rather a "religion would really help me right now." I'm struggling hard with alcoholism and depression and if I could just get on my knees and pray to something and really feel it in my soul, that would help me so much, y'know?

Attached: religion.png (259x194, 6K)

Religion is just another form of addiction.

you could just go to a church or something, if you feel spiritually homeless.

Belive in whatever you want to belive. But do it with strenght* I have seen so many good folks go down the line with nothing to worry about. Having something omnipotent in your life that cares about you is always good.

hey buddy, I feel you. I know youre going through tougher shit than I've been through. I know its hard and seems dark.

I delved way too deep into the "spiritual" side. Trust me when I say it is a waste of your time.

Focus on science and proven methods of rehab.

You can do it bud, we can help. Just post when you feel weak bro.

Keep at it, we believe in you and we need you. Yang 2020 btw.

and as op is stating he is already an addict.

why is it worse? age will change a man.

into the trash it goes

Attached: 1241415226.jpg (600x600, 21K)

>yang 2020

Absolutely discredited, kill yourself faggot

Yes. I want to die but I am also fucking terrified of death. It'd be a lot easier if I believed in heaven

pretty much this It's a waste of time. Religious people have nothing going on except going to church. A hobby is much more productive and rewarding.

I grew up catholic btw. I had so much free time once I quit.

Religion is love and if love and peace is an addiction I'm an addict
>JESUS TAKE THE WWWWWWHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLL

Atheism is gay. Imagine there actually being an afterlife and you going to hell because you thought believing in a god or some form of religion sounded too good to be true.

But if it does turn out to be fake, then the only thing there is, is just a void that awaits all of us from no repercussions.

>Imagine believing the pope is your authority
The absolute state of Catholicism.

There's a peace that you can only find once you've found God. Or rather, until He shows it to you

this
i'd be so relieved if something like heaven or any kind of afterlife existed at all, i'd even take something like hell but that's pushing my luck
there's something about fading into obscurity and ceasing to exist that scares me beyond belief

if only i could find peace from diddling kids

Yeah, I regret immensely all the time I spent learning religious beliefs.

I wish I had been mastering a skill like growing weed/gardening or even getting better at a competitive game.

I seriously went far into the religious and occult and found faith in nothing but the progress of humanity. You'll find the same in the end, just save the time and vote for progressive ideals.

Some day, humans like us will colonize space. We cant do it separate. We have to come together as one now for future generations.

I'm agnostic but try reading the bible. I have a lot of Christian friends and family. And religions have always interested me so I've skimmed through it from time to time. There may be something in there that could ease some of your struggles.

You sound soooo fucking stupid. Kys

Honestly, absolutely.

I envy my religious friends for having the capacity to put their faith in something and genuinely believe it. Even if they sound delusional half the time, it looks awfully reassuring.

Answering this
Not denying this.
the 12 step program is basically substituting an attachment to dopamine from drugs to dopamine from an experience. A religious one, they like to push God. Not saying it's wrong for you, just saying it's a lazy attempt to cure addiction.

Maybe you don't need a prescribed religion to mold you but your own honest to God experience. Just don't push it on anyone else because then you become a zealot asshole.

Is that when the priest fucks you as a kid or some other time?

Stay mad kid.

>someone risking their entire livelihood to be in your asshole
thats the dream

The priest isn't God. But what do I know, that's how atheists see it since they worship and idolize the worldly aspects.

Not mad, just pointing out he sounds like an idiot. I can explain it for you if you want buddy

Whoever said I’m an atheist? I just think people who follow a cult who openly rape children are really funny to make fun of, usually they end up defending the pedofiles like you just did

There's nothing to explain, it seems feasible and simple as I read it.

I never defended pedophilia. But some people like to accuse Christianity as a farce because there are priests diddling kids, and then they take the fallacy of saying that God doesn't exist or Christianity is bullshit because of that.

Both the religious fags and the atheist fags are equally retarded.
They're an inverse function that sustain on each other.

Lel

You tried changing the subject after me pointing out that over 150 leaders of your organization have been found to rape children within the past year. What other group of people are so blindly ignorant that they would still defend a fake man?

Such an articulate response, you've swayed me to your side.
I'm totally not trying my hardest to stifle sarcasm.

Feasible, such confidence you have in being able to predict what can come after death. What a joke, no wonder you’re religious

Did I say I support the pope or priests? You seem like you're equating Catholic corruption with a belief in Christianity.

Your response was so stupid that was the only thing worth posting

Yes
I wish I was dumb enough for religion
Intelligence is a Burdon
While it feels great being smarter than everyone all the time it's also annoying

In simpler terms: There's an afterlife but if there's not, everyone will end up in the void.

I’m saying a belief in any god that would supposedly recruit these pedophiles proves that you aren’t capable of higher level thinking. But if there is a hell, man I hope you go to it (since you believe in fairy tails that’s probably very scary to you)

Imagine believing you're smart because you're arrogant kek.

And how do you know this to be true?
In simpler terms: you’re too confident in your skills to predict what’s going to happen

He’s saying he’s smart because he doesn’t believe in the church, how are you that dumb?

Okay, I won't break your brain tonight, metaphysics are hard for a Yea Forumstard, I gotcha.

>believe in God but not a Catholic
>hurr durr you must go to hell because I think Christianity is all about recruiting pedos

>Burdon

L2spell

Metaphysics lmao. What a loser, also your argument is invalid since you are indeed a btard, making metaphysics too hard for you as well

There’s no thinking about it friend, but have fun with your serial rapists

He's posting the same bs about being smart and "above everyone else". Do you read or not? Does it matter if he believes in the church, religion, or not at all?

Yes but I don’t think you did, I wouldn’t be surprised to learn you couldn’t read to be honest

Using hurr durr in an argument. Ez PZ

I'm just saying affixing a focal point on a projected deity is equally as retarded as saying there's no forces in the universe we would perceive as mystical.
Religion in it's focused zealot sense is just as dumb as not accepting there are things we don't yet understand.

You said they sustain on eachother but for the first ~500 years every atheist was killed? So they wouldn’t be able to equal eachother. Ps words you learned on google don’t make your argument right, probably a philosophy major

Seen many people go from addict to clean, with God's help. Some of my favorite people to talk to in my old church were non-christians before they just gave it a good try and opened their hearts to God. Don't get me wrong, plenty of churches get it wrong, and we are all sinners, but I wish you luck. A little prayer never hurts.

I actually know exactly what you mean. I'm going through a lot pretty much all of the time and sometimes I fantasize about breaking down and going to church and having everyone there welcome me and convince me everything will be ok because of some magical higher power. I've said it for a long time that I think religion is mostly a good thing, not for those really extreme people that are a little crazy and self righteous but for normal people, I imagine it helps a lot actually believing some god is watching over you and you start seeing your struggles as tests and you think it'll all work out in the end because you'll get into heaven. I really wish I could believe and have faith.

How can you say that believing in mystical things is retarded when we have no idea what 95% of the universe is made of? You’re just proving yourself wrong here

A little prayer never helps either

I actually find comfort in thinking there's no afterlife, just everything stopping, no thinking, no doing, nothing

Alcohol and praying for your life are very much the same thing.

They killed pagans.
To stamp out any god based ideals but their own.
Every once in a while they condemned a scientist as a witch.
it's not because they believed in no God that they were slain, but they believed in the "wrong god" according to the church.

how about just being real with yourself instead of finding hope in bullshit

find something and believe in it, whatever it is because you never know when ya gonna go. Life's a bitch and then you die; that's why we puff lye
Cause you never know when you're gonna go

Go spend more time on wiki. Your arguments are shit and the only way you try to hide that is your weak search skills. Get a hobby or kys

nigger i bet ur'e really smart

Once again, you explain your research elegantly. Clearly you're more versed in these things than me.
(I'm not choking on my own sarcasm right now.. *cough*)

You type like a 40 year old that hits on 18 year olds. Kill yourself, your life isn’t worth anything anyways

You're not even trying anymore.
You're just hurling insults and slander.
At least TRY to engage with the debate you started.

There is no debate, you are obviously an edge lord who has a superiority complex. I could gain nothing from a conversation with you. Again, the world will be a better place with you dead. You know it. Everyone knows it. End it pussy

I'm not condemning atheism or theism.
I am only saying blind faith in either is toxic and a mentally retarding focus.

And I’m saying to kys, now your tendies are ready better run.

fuckin hell you're retarded.