Are there versions of karate that aren't gay? Aikido and Judo is the closest that I can think of

Are there versions of karate that aren't gay? Aikido and Judo is the closest that I can think of.

Attached: karate-gi-entrenamiento-tergal.jpg (1200x1200, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VvAAsggmc0U
youtube.com/watch?v=2R8WWQZKxN8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but judo isn't a version of karate.

Okay. Martial arts, then.

Neither is aikido

lol

Attached: r0tu3m0au1m21.jpg (960x920, 71K)

No. The better the martial art, the more gay it has to be.

judo is not a version of karate idiot. and if you think karate is gay try saying that to someone who does karate they would beat the shit out of your virgin basement dwelling ass lmao

i guess it depends on what you're going to use it for? judo is more of a defensive martial art.

So... All karate is gay?

Versions with Hard-style rather than Soft-style. Shotokan is one of them. You learn to beat the shit out of a person, its not made for competitions, and doesnt really a great deal on throws/grabs.

youtube.com/watch?v=VvAAsggmc0U

Also the fancy looking moves in shotokan arent some ceremonial thing, theyre all based on body kinetics & muscle preparation.

All karate is worthless just kickbox and wrestle don’t listen to these neet neck beards who have never fought lol

Attached: 241EEC5B-B4CF-4E79-B130-0F600416E2A7.jpg (640x469, 101K)

Try Kra Ma Jew

I didn't say that.
I said there are much better martial arts,
And they are necessarily more gay.

Being this stupid, i dont want you at any gym

>aikido
>judo

>versions of karate

Attached: 867A6BA8-FFB7-413C-8B2A-F863E575028C.jpg (236x232, 11K)

Well unless you actually have other training including street fighting.

Not saying karate is shit. It’s not. But I can tell you from experience of doing MMA that well over half of the dojo’s are black belt factories and the students don’t spar.

I’ll put my money on the guy who wasn’t trains any farther than jab cross hook and had sparring experience than someone who had none but had a black belt in a pajama system.

The Dane Cook of martial arts?

kickboxing or muay thai

Attached: mpv-shot0004.jpg (1430x918, 257K)

>slammed so hard you piss blood for a month
>.
>.
>.
>after regaining consciousness in the hospital with pins holding bones together
>defensive

Kek

Nope. I just checked in the manual, they're gay too.

Aikido is also infested with Segal, and is listed as supergay.

Considering a that cock you sucked user, what do you have against the gay?

Kyokushin and some forms of Ryu would be the most effective. However one should also learn Jiu Jitsu in case a fight goes to the ground

Lol Akido is probably the gayest and most uselss martial art.

PS Akido and Judo are not forms of Karate

Most people who do karate live in basements and are virgins

>this martial art is for homos
>never works out and avoids confrontation
lame bait but this is what every single one of you losers sounds like, just pick one besides Aikido and do it.

If you're talking martial Arts, there are a bunch that are pretty cool. Boxing is a tough guy sport. Then you have grappling like shoot wrestling and jiu jitsu. Then there's the real nasty ones like Sambo and Krav Maga. What are you looking for?

>some forms of Ryu
>some forms of forms are good

"Hi OP here, I wanted to do some karate stuff, but need something that isn't hard to do, and where I can get changed in my own cubicle because I am shy about the size of my wee wee."

Attached: merry fat xmas.jpg (1920x1280, 842K)

Aikido and judo aren't even in the same family as karate. Are you asking about martial arts in general?

It's not even a martial art.

>Doesn't understand judo or what the term 'defensive' means

All judo moves turn the attackers own kinetic energy against them. It's defensive in that you have to be grabbed punched at or charged for a judo action to work, especially do that kind of fucking damage.

You must live in a basement.

95% of the karate guys I know don’t live in basements, are married, and go outside constantly.

How else could tell everyone they go to the dojo and wear their “team” gear. Nobody sees your sick Cobra Kai satin jacket in the basement faggot.

Karate branches out into many different forms. There is Ryu, then there is also Shito-Ryu and others. Sorry you're too retarded to understand

>I can’t simply grad someone unless they swing first

I’m guessing you’ve never actually done a martial art at all.

Well since one of us actually has experience in judo let me be the first tell you you’re a faggot.

all 3 forms of jiu jutsu, the thai, brazilian, and british adopted SAS versions are brutal martial arts with lethal moves that can kill.

Well no I actually did judo. For years.
And you can't do much damage at all to a still target.

And the entire point is you don't have any idea what defensive means.

How is giving a booty buttcheek a"Karate Chop" gay?

Attached: 1552581890856m.jpg (1024x768, 184K)

Fuck off, you ignoramus.

I mean, that's how you're supposed to use it yes. That said, it absolutely can be an offensive skillset with very slight modifications. It isn't that hard to use your own weight to throw an opponant off balance.

You're the type of dude who calls anything remotely Asian looking "Chinese" are you.

muay thai guys can kick akido and judo guys asses any day of the week.

HAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGG

Attached: 2-e1304696198727.jpg (349x300, 24K)

God you're a mong

You never reached the level when they teach atemi, then.

Atemi in judo is combined with parrying techniques. You are, once again, defensively deflecting an opponents attack and following up with a strike...

Guys. Holy shit. It is a defensive martial art.

This is all wrong. Did you ever use this shit while sparring or fighting?

>defensive
I see your point here but you can grab someone. Some of the throws involve the uke’s momentum, some don’t.

kyokushin? the only type that seems to keep traditional karate alive. it is viewed as some of the hardest martial arts out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=2R8WWQZKxN8

>judo always beats must Thai

Another faggot without any actual experience. I guess that’s mma never goes to the ground.

As in have I been in tournaments? Yes. I understand using your weight to break an opponents balance and going into throws and what not. But that's in the dojo.

In real world it is entirely impractical to be used that way. It's a martial art dedicated to partying. The founder literally just took all the defensive and reactive moves from jiu jitsu and incorporated them.
Judo literally means 'the gentle way' because it is not meant to be offensive.

Well I only had experience with it in mma. I never studied it as a dedicated art. It always seemed like brutal shit especially if the other guy didn’t know how to fall.

>Dedicated to partying
Funny auto correct is funny
Parrying

If you were in mma they were teaching you jiu jitsu from which judo is derived.

Attached: budo.png (2560x1600, 1.63M)

If you know atemi-waza you can use it to attack, even if the kata is all defensive. You must have had a terrible sensei.

Not tournaments. I mean like in mma style sparring or fighting. You sound like you certainly have more experience with it than me. Like I said though it depends greatly I think on the experience the uke has in falling.

I was sparring with a guy that looked like fitty cent one day. I couldn’t stand with his punches and I have nasty kicks but he was out of range because I’m a short fat fuck. I did a Hail Mary ouchi gari (hadn’t done any judo in a while) and took him down hard even though I didn’t put full power in it.

The guy obviously didn’t know how to fall and was pretty stunned. Im confident I would have fucked him good if we weren’t on padding and I did it full power.

Like I said you certainly have more experience than I do so I’m the faggot here. However I think you are discounting using it on someone inexperienced.

Okinawian shuri ryu is gay

kyokushinkai, there is a competition of one man fighting against 50, 1 vs 1, without protectors or rounds

Oh fuck no. I haven't done anything else other than that. It was a workout thing. I know the theory behind it and really the only thing im at is that it's a defensive sport because someone here thinks its not and I'm basically talking semantics and they're hairsplitting I'm looking at you...

>Someone inexperienced

You're right. I totally forgot they taught us how to fall properly. I've taken that entirely for granted. Yes I do suppose you could fuck someone up pretty good if they don't know how to disperse their energy.

How would you possibly know that? They thought tons of different techniques at the different schools I went to.

Every school is different.

They have guest teachers that come in too.
>sambo
>judo
>muay Thai
>kickboxing
>American wrestling
>boxing

Karate... Because there are full contact Karate... Where getting a black belt requires you to fight off 10 Black Belts for 30 minutes.

This guy gets it.

>are there versions of karate that aren't gay?
No.

Purchase a gun and a membership at your local range.

Muay thay?

OP sounds like someone who doesn't want to lift a finger so, how about you try the ancient martial art of Punch Bag. Just stand there and take the hits until you inevitably die.

Lol you need a tool to protect yourself

Also goddamn you mma guys are always so humble.
Does that come from getting your ass kicked a lot, and other times hugging the dude whos ass you just kicked?

Because that's the history of it. Ive known since I was a little kid because its what I was taught. Here Ill just screen shot the Wikipedia page where it is instead of making you look for it. It'll even tell you the schools.

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-175247.png (1440x2560, 358K)

As in if you were taught "judo" it's jiu jitsu.
You're right I was being a bit hair splitty there.

HEMA is the one true and perfect martial art

Oh I see what you’re saying. Yes that’s true. But they did have dedicated classes from different instructors at some of the schools.

>perfect

Well nothing is but (and I’m not sure if you’re trolling) I’m did mma for a while and as much as everyone raves about it it isn’t foolproof and everything works if you use it correctly.

I trained with a lot of guys who were take down artists. That’s all they did. If they weren’t ever looking to street fight for self defense then that’s fine.

A takedown in the street can get you killed. Now you can’t run and defending multiple attackers has just become near impossible.

The whole “most fights go to the ground” meme is ridiculous. Watch street fights on YouTube (or out your front door if you live in the right area). Most street fights go to the ground because Joe Bob or Devon has such shit footwork that you can’t tell if their fighting or breakdancing.

They often trip over themselves. An experienced stand up fighter is not as likely to go down to the ground unless his opponent knows how to put him there.