Im attending uni and have been invited to a birthday party...

im attending uni and have been invited to a birthday party. im pretty awkward and socially anxious when it comes to parties.i dont really tend to go to them. i dont really know any of the people there besides from few after having a few good conversations with some of them. should i go? is it worth the possible awkwardness?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

youll probably just be uncomfortable the whole time. either dont go and enjoy your own time or go and try to get over it.

Attached: 1281265483.jpg (1612x1270, 157K)

Go and if you dont like it.... You leave. What's the worst that can happen?

Stop with the social anxiety bullshit. You can learn to be around people. Force yourself to go. Then talk to people. There’s something weird about talking to people: if you ask them questions about themselves — no, not in a creepy or stalker way, just as if you’re interested in them — they’ll remember you as an interesting person. Really. Now go do it.

There's no point in forcing yourself to go if you don't think you'll enjoy it.
You'll just feel like you wasted your time, or feel guilty because you were awkward or anxious.

But if you think you'll enjoy it, go, like other poster said. You could just leave.
I find a few shots of alcohol make it easier to feel less awkward.

While I agree with you, sometimes being socially awkward is due to not going out as much as you should. And you are left with more shitty experiences than good ones. If you know it will be a complete failure and not the right crowd, by all means stay home. But you never know, might find someone who peaks your interest.

I agree. I used to be like that, I was awkward because I didn't get out much, and had a preconceived notion that I wouldn't have a good time.

OP just need to be open minded and go. But like you said, If they know it won't be fun.. Don't go. But it's up to OP. I don't know them.

Just get a little drunk, not too drunk, just enough to raise your confidence and have fun. I am also awkward around people, but am very sociable when I drink.

Go. I recently went to a party, and I was very nervous, but I had buckets of fun, man. I even got groped by other women (I mean full blown grabbing my ass cheeks, which to be honest, I don't know if I should feel happy or molested), You can have a lot of fun. Just talk to some people and act like you are meant to be there. If someone is a dick, draw attention to it, and don't take it like a bitch.

Go. Go anyway. Bad advise. I'm not trying to troll OP but what non of you seem to understand is being social is like any other skill you learn. You need repeat exposure so you can get better at it. Sometime you need a harsh lesson. Shutting yourself in your room and being afraid of what be will get you no where.

Uni is more than learning about shit you'll never use again. It's about networking and being social because in the real world its who you know, not what you know.

I basically said that though. I only implied to stay home if it was a situation full of faggots and you know it will be lame as fuck. Which is something you learn how to do better when you do get out more. But yeah I do agree with this.

Exactly, I didn't want to go, but when I made myself go, I really enjoyed it, and even made more friends.

I'm not sure you understood That first sentence you're referencing.

Poster agreed with you, that it is a skill, and that not going is what leads to being awkward.

Yeah sorry, I was micro dosing till I wasn't. Yeah no we are all right. But go to parties. All of them.

this

ok. i guess ill go. i could bring some alcohol and cards against humanity or something. is going to a party fashionably late actually a thing or is it just bullshit?

Definitely do not wanna be the first one there but depending on how big the party is, you don't want to be extremely late either. Just because everyone else will be set in the mood while you'll still be trying to figure it out. But really try not to think about it too much. To with an open mind and try to have a good time.

ten to eleven people are going. should i be like 15 to 20 minuets late?

go stay for an hour make an ass out of yourself and leave, op. its not that hard

If it's a bar I'll turn up early cos I meet people as they come in and you can chat to people before you can't. Personally I'd lay off the cards, not sure what that is. But rock up anyway. I don't know the kind of people they will be but most don't really care if you show up late. Just don't be that guy that rocks up fucked and needs a sitter.

Oh, drugs n booze, slow and low m8. If you are new to booze, sip it, don't chug it. Drugs? I dunno up to you, don't want to? Don't have to. Take it all at your speed and have fun. Don't over think it either. Turn up open arms.

Attached: 1362514056000.png (921x659, 449K)

you will regret it if you don't go. your problems are going to get worse as you age if you dont expose yourself to social events. expect nothing and try to have some fun